Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > If you could do it all over again...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 111
view profile
History
If you could do it all over again...Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^^^^^

I completely agree with this.

My whole life brought me here. I would not be where or who I am today without ALL of my life experiences. And it is especially the ones I might be most tempted to regret that are crucial for having gotten me here.

And because I love my life today, how could I regret them?
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 112
If you could do it all over again...
Posted: 9/4/2013 7:38:04 AM
If I could do it all over again, I would have gone into the medical field. I honestly don't know why I didn't seriously consider it when I was younger. I was a romantic and thought I should teach English in Japan. Family issues occurred and I had to stay here in the States to support my family. I sat down and decided to choose between medicine and technology. I chose technology because I'm an introvert and assumed I wouldn't work well with others. I've learned through the years that I'm actually a very good team player. Eh, you live and learn. I honestly don't have many major regrets.
 Proteaus
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/4/2013 11:18:53 AM
I would choose same occupation again . In my occupation my retirement was based on years of service not age . That was why I chose it , to hell with working till death . Been retired four and a half years . I am no longer a productive member of the ant nest :)
 Devilsfan58
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2013 11:27:50 PM
I don't like cookie cutter jobs where it is pretty much the same thing every day.

I would loved to have been a CIA Field Analyst like Aldrich Aames recruiting people that had knowledge and insight into things that would advance the country and reading all of the stories and meeting the people.

I having worked in a field where every day was at times really different, hectic and life and death I really loved it.

When I was younger I wanted to be a Free Lance Gynecologist but... malpractice insurance premiums are too high and I thought I would get tired of it. Pretty much proved myself correct without plunging into that career. I took the DIY course much later in life and successfully passed.

I wouldn't have minded being that airline pilot mentioned in TopGun hauling dog doo doo out of Hong Kong or some other exotic location. A pilot for Fedex might have been interesting too. I would not want to haul passengers for the most part or do anything that deals with having to handle customers. I extend my deepest sympathies to anyone that has to do it.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/6/2013 11:17:59 PM
tinkerbellcgy- I would be a writer. Either that or use my experience as a home buyer and flip houses.
 Asclepiuss
Msg: 116
Posted: 9/7/2013 5:54:05 AM
Wouldn't change one thing!
 sookegal
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/7/2013 4:52:39 PM
^^^^^
I agree with you.
I don't believe in do overs, once something has been done or spoken, it is what it is.
However, I do believe in adding to your life, which is what I am doing. It's never too late.
I am finishing my degree, and also spending long periods of time in Europe, and the UK.
I found a way to do it for only an airline ticket..,
 junipermoon
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2013 4:45:28 PM
if i could do it over, i'd study horticulture and medieval history. i'd love to travel the world and work on gardens at historic sites.

i run my own little garden business and, for the most part, i get to do what i please as long as it looks good.

so i do a lot of native plants and try to replicate garden designs that would have complimented the properties in their appropriate historic period. it's fun. but i'd love to work at old cathedrals, museum grounds, historic estates and so on.
but i'm pretty happy doing what i'm doing.

i write for a newspaper as well. and i wouldn't be able to do that if i had to travel all over. so it's all good.
 or_current_resident
Msg: 119
Posted: 9/15/2013 3:39:05 PM

if i could do it over, i'd study horticulture and medieval history. i'd love to travel the world and work on gardens at historic sites.

Good show, as I'll hire you to weed & take care of my landscapes. But you have to leave your horse at home....^^^^^

And as for the question, it's all good on this end. As especially now in being older,as today I dream & tomorrow I do, in doing one more thing on the bucket lists of life simple pleasures. And enjoying it with my life partner & confidant.

The secret is, " to Never get to high or never get too low, as these are the real impostors in life" & things you will never have........
unless your Rockefeller. ^^^^^^^
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > If you could do it all over again...