Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Best Pro Wrestler of all time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OzzieMan
Msg: 51
Best Pro Wrestler of all timePage 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I would agree that Hall and Nash were the stuff when they were a team. One of the greatest teams. Flair was also on top of the "Cool meter" when he was in his prime...whoooo.
I would have to argue with the greatest moral wrestler being Hogan. Preached a lot of eating your vitamins and saying your prayers, then would go in the back and shoot up. hmmmmm. Kinda like Madona telling girls to not have sex, then hooking up with Dennis Rodman...dont ya think?
 cpupro_4hire
Msg: 52
Best Pro Wrestler of all time
Posted: 9/22/2005 5:28:53 PM
Some of my favourites:

(Keep in mind it's entertainment first, wrestling second)

- Hulk hogan (best ever)
- Andre the giant
- King kong bundy
- Randy macho man savage
- The million dollar man Ted Dibiase
- Jake the snake roberts
- Brutus the barber beefcake
- Razor ramone
- The Rock
- Steve Austin
- Vince McManon
- Shane McManon
- HHH
- Ric Flair
- Undertaker
- Edge & Christian
- The Hardy Boys
- Demolition
- Rowdy Roddy Piper
- Honkey Tonk man
- Kurt Angle

For a variety of reasons, those are some of the most entertaining wrestlers I've ever seen in my time. And I know I missed some.

OzzieMan
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/23/2005 10:32:06 AM
Greatest submissionist as well as most underrated: Dean Melinko
Greatest Upset: Mulkies over Midnight Express
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/23/2005 1:06:57 PM
Greatest wrestler of all time?......The Great Gama(original)
 Venomous
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/23/2005 2:20:36 PM
strange, no one has mentioned the Iron Shiek or Micalai Volcov yet.
 OzzieMan
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/23/2005 4:36:45 PM
That is because they were standard bad guys, with nothing real special about them other than their matches with Hulk Hogan. It is real easy to play a bad guy character because all you have to do is insult people. Playing a good guy is much much more difficult. The most difficult is to pull off what is a heal character but have him come across as a face, such as the Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker. That is one of the things that makes those characters so great...they have so much diversity because they can be either the heal or face, or both, in matches. Right now I would say the best characters that rides the gray very well is Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle. They are both fantastic at pulling switches. Even when acting in the heal character, they play a great comedic role.
Ozzie
 cpupro_4hire
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/25/2005 3:25:14 PM
I'm surprised that nobody is talking about guys like Million Dollar Man or Shane McMahon.
Million dollar man was the ultimate heel for a number of years back during the heyday of wrestling. His role was so popular that Vince himself took it over to make the whole Austin vs McMahon thing.

And Shane had some of the most memorable matches in wrestling history in his very brief time in the ring. His match against Kurt Angle, the match where he jumped off the Jumbotron to elbow Big Show. Unreal.

And how about The Rock???
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/25/2005 3:59:51 PM
No question..the Great Gama...look him up
 briteeyess
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2005 4:39:49 PM
Andre the Giant
The Rock
Shawn Michaels
Bret Hart
Kevin Nash
 HughJrection
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/27/2005 10:41:03 PM
Ric Flair... Rey Mysterio...The Outsiders
 kingofkrunk21
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/28/2005 5:47:45 AM
My Top 10 goes like this....

1. Ric Flair
2. Hulk Hogan
3. Mick Foley...Momma Foley's boy is coming home October 3rd....WOOOOOOOOOO!
4. Undertaker
5. HBK
6. Rock
7. Stone Cold
8. Brock Lesnar
9. Kurt Angle/ Eddie Guerrero
10. Rey Mysterio

Honorable Mentions: Chris Benoit.. Booker T.. Harley Race...AJ Styles...Edge...John Cena...
Trish Stratus...Chyna Doll...HHH...Dusty Rhodes...Robert Gibson...Sabu...Bret Hart...Owen Hart...Mil Mascaras...The Valentines...Rick Steamboat...Jimmy Snuka...Road Warriors
P.S> The older stars get honorable mention becuz i never have seen them Live but have heard good things about them...
 OzzieMan
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/28/2005 1:33:22 PM
Go to any video store that carries VHS tapes. You are likely to find some old NWA or AWA tapes to watch some of the older wrestlers. Don't expect all of the pyro and theatrics that you see these days...but as far as individual performances, they put on quite a show. You gotta check out Sting before he went all Crow on us. He and Flair had some truly classic matches. And the Legion of Doom....if you liked them with the WWE...they are ten times better when they were in their prime. Also suggested...Hall and Nash put on a great show as the Outsiders. I enjoyed the whole NWO angle until they split into Red and White.
Ozzie
 Ohiocpa
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/11/2005 6:52:51 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen - The Shiek and Bobo Brazil had to be 2 of the greatest ever. Their matches are legendary. Shiek became the only wrestler to wrestle in 7 different decades and finally retired at age 72. I don;t think anyone today could match up to either one of those 2.
 WorldCitizen
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/12/2005 9:56:51 AM
Far and away the best pure wrestler of all time was: Paper Gomays...

Other categories:

Best blond bomber (tie): Buddy Rogers, Freddie Blassie and of course, Hulk Hogan

Best terrorist: The Sheik

Best Latino:.... 2nd only to Paper (above): Antonino Rocca, who also started female calisthenics with the abdominal stretch hold.

Best Asian Villain: Kinji Shabuya

Best Boxer who ever ended his career in a wrestling ring: Muhammad Ali, who attended a wrestling match in Chicago, started shouting and threatening and putting on a show and got thrown out of the ring and landed on his head... was taken away in a stretcher and was never the same. The cause of his condition was said to have been an accumulation of punches to the head taken over the years in boxing, but whoever's seen the tape of this knows better...
 FTN84
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/13/2005 5:21:16 AM
Mick Foley.. Only because he can stand more pain than any wrestlers you guys named..
 funn1
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/14/2005 3:06:15 AM
How about the Voneric brothers.
 lonelyguy60652
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/14/2005 9:02:31 AM
The Bushwackers
 looking63
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2005 7:52:00 AM
The Nature Boy Ric Flair is the best hands down WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
 Longtoe20
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/21/2005 11:49:53 AM
Tag team= The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg & Mr. Ass, no lame ass X-Pac)

Single= Shawn Michaels or Macho Man (Hot diggady damn I'm the Macho Man, if you have not heard his rap you are truly missing out on losing some brain cells)
 Brain-In-A-Vat
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/21/2005 12:41:45 PM
This is a forum that I actually enjoyed reading. Personally, I put Chris Benoit at the top of my list. It is unfortunate that his mic skills are not in the 'Hogan' or 'Rock' range, but in terms of selling the in-ring product he is great.
 michaeljustin
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2005 10:09:21 PM
how about old hilly billy jim:)..and brutis the barber beefcake..lol..i miss old mr perfict...too bad he passed on{rip}
 ItsMeDoggie
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/23/2005 6:38:09 PM
living in dallas,tx i have to go with the von erik family...alot of good wrestlers..very tragic lives...bruiser brody........wahoo mcdaniels
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Best Pro Wrestler of all time