Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 barbee1970
Msg: 2
Do women want to have kids after 33-35ish? Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I had the surgery at 33. I can't see my self especially now havin a child.

Yes, after 35 the risks go way up. The child has more of a chance to be born mentally challenged from what I've heard.
 TheReason_
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Do women want to have kids after 33-35ish?
Posted: 7/13/2009 6:50:12 PM
It's not that they don't want kids. They don't want your kids, or to have kids with you.

You must want their kids though.

But that's cool. I don't want someone who smokes.

*shrugs*
 sunwillsmile
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2009 7:22:27 PM
Eh, it's a woman's personal preference regardless of age. I'd say more but I think it's moot.
 TheModernPagan
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2009 6:10:59 PM
My Father was 55 when he found out his wife was going to have a girl. He's 66 now and happy.

I dont think you are ever to old, if your healthy and want kids. I still hope to have children and I'm 36. So If I'm lucky enough to find someone I will most likely be 37 or 38 when we decide to do it.

Hard to find a women my age who thinks the same way and its hard to date younger women. I may never get a family, but I still hope.
 NITC
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/14/2009 7:03:33 PM
not really unless the right guy comes along...
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/14/2009 8:05:23 PM
I think most people(me included) have children at way too young of an age. I think that 30 is the youngest anyone should be when having a child. It really takes at least that long if you do it all right. Get a good education, get a good job, get to know someone, get married, establish yourself as a family. Then add children to the family. Most if not all would be at least 30 after all of that.

A history professor said it best, the first 25 years of your life should be all about you. Then even if you get married at 25, you should allow at least 5 years to establish your family, before adding children to it.
 barbee1970
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/6/2009 7:15:16 PM
No TheREason, I think women are far more likely to accept another man's children. In my experience men don't want MY kids (another man's baby) but they want me to accept THEIR kids. Sorry, I would accept a man's kids, but don't expect a trade off.
 ticka
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 8:37:11 PM
i never wanted children since i was like 10 years old.. i don't have the energy to properly raise a child, so i just spoil my nieces .., it works
 FastReb
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 11:23:35 PM
If you were to build a graph for this question, I think you'd probably find it peaking in the early-to-mid 20 range, then staying steady until the early 30 range. After that, I think the line would start falling substantially the closer to 40 people got, both male and female. The reasoning would be that the closer to 40 someone got, the more comfortable they are with not having kids or having any more. After all, children are a substantial investment in time, energy and money. There is also an increased factor of risk involved, too.

Having said that, I had my first child a month shy of being 40. Two more followed by the time I was 43. Even though I lost my middle child to a health problem she had, age of the parents had nothing to do with the problem. For me, the joy of being a dad has more than repaid me for the time, energy, money, and yes, even the heartache of losing one, that I've expended.
 TragicallyHip
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/15/2009 3:24:30 PM
Oh yeah, I can name at least three women easily who I know in my immediate circle who are upper-30s and would love to find a man and procreate. These women spent their 20s and early 30s getting their education and building their careers. They are also very selective, I've noticed.

Not that I blame them. They've built up equity in homes, padded 401(k)s, avoided debt. They are smart, organized, go-get-em types. Merging all that with someone who is not their equal in most respects, especially to embark on a project as big and long-lasting as raising a family, is awfully risky.

I'm not saying that that's you, OP. Just explaining why some women might be reluctant to chuck it all for a shot at motherhood.
 TragicallyHip
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/16/2009 4:48:08 AM
Also, OP, I think you are a bit unique. I would guess that most men who want kids are going to go for younger women, regardless of their own age, just to increase their chances of breeding. I mean, if a guy REALLY want kids, an "older" woman is more of a risk isn't it?
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/16/2009 5:53:56 PM
Me personally, have NEVER wanted children. And all I can say is the older we people get, the less they probably want to have any. A lot goes in in our 30's.....responsibilities...the thought of having children later would really make me worry about the things I already have going on. Like paying a mortgage, etc. Having children and being able to afford the and raise the properly take a lot from what I have been told. Most people (note I say most) are really already settled down at this point. Try meeting people "off line" too but you will most likely run into the same issue. I would say find someone younger but then you run the risk of things not working out due to age differences, etc. I do not think it is so much a matter of "giving up" as most people probably just do not want to start a family that late in life. There may be some out there who want to...but they also need to be people you would want to have kids with.
 Katydid71
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2009 12:05:49 AM
I've always said that if I didn't have kids by the time I was 35 I wasn't going to have them. I'm 38 and the desire to be a mother has not gone away, but only grown stronger. The opportunity has just not presented itself to me ......yet. If someone truely wants to be a mother, they will do it at any age. Just remember though, the health risks go up for both mother and child after the age of 35, but many woman are having them into their 40's.
 sweetdawnie
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2009 4:13:29 PM
I'm 32 and been unlucky not to have found the right person to have kids with. When i have found that person i hope that i'll still be able to have them. I think that if a woman wants children bad enough they'll have them at any age (if able to) :)
 PerfectlyUnperfect
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/20/2009 4:21:53 PM
My thoughts:

If you wanted kids in your 20's and for whatever reason didn't have them, you will want them in your 30's. If in your 30's you wanted kids, and for whatever reason didn't have them, you will want them in your 40's.

I'm 30, never married, don't have any children, I do want children. I will want to have children until I know I am physically unable to produce a child. And if by that time I still have no children, that want will still be there.
 A-New-Beginning
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2009 9:11:09 PM
Almost every woman I've ever met wanted to have kids in there 30's or not. I'm thinking maybe you have met a few that have already been there done that and are looking forward to the day the kids move out the house so they can enjoy their freedom. Many women crave kids and freedom its only after they have kids that they realize you can't be a good parent and have both.
 thepink73
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2009 11:39:28 AM
i'm 36 and never had kids, my ex of 8 years, when it got down to it, did not want any, he was 4 years older than me.
I would love to have kids and seem to be more attracted the younger guys cause of my experiences with 30 something males.
Most (not all) seem to want to play games, where i cant be bothered with that, it to like being back at school, i would of thought they would have grown up by now but obviously not.
So i guess the answer to your question in my view is yes.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2009 12:54:49 AM
The stereotype is a women 29ish-32ish joins a 'dating' site & looking to meet someone for the purpose of creating a nest

~sc~
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2010 9:21:40 AM
Try Asking them!

~sc~
 EGJV
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/14/2010 6:14:27 PM

A lot of women in their 30's already have kids and are jaded and pissed off at the world because they were dumped by the husband they shouldn't have married in the first place - and only did so because they couldn't tell the difference between love and lust/infatuation.

You said you're attracted to "more mature women" - I'd say stick with that. Either focus on dating 20 somethings or 40 somethings - avoid 30 somethings like the plague. Nothing but head games, unrealistic standards/expectations, confusion, and drama. Trust me on this - you'll be a happier man if you avoid that particular age range.

Is that your observation? I've found women don't figure out what the hell they want (or work in a correct way to achieve it) until they're 50.

I'm looking for an exceptional 25-35 year old, then (but I knew that already).
 zhaosaccount
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2010 12:14:52 PM
I m 36, no kids. Absolutely want to have one asap. I have given up a lot just put all my effort to my career success. But now i realize no kids no future, I don't want what i expreienced and got means nothing to the end, I hope there will be someone most similar to me whatever in appearence or mentally take over it.
 angelo674
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/21/2010 11:31:59 AM
there is sucha thing as biological time clock. the younger a women is the easier for her to get pregeant
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >