Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why do women not like dating fulltime single fathers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 227
Why do women not like dating fulltime single fathers?Page 13 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
swampy12345:

you should read some of the comments in my post about are women too fussy i got some vile abuse told to get a better job learn to drive i must be in debt no woman will ever want me etc all cus im a part time cleaner bringing up my girl

Uh, yeah.

I didn't read any of the 24 pages of comments you generated with your ill-fated attempt to ... How would our forums detective put it? I believe "an unexpecting poster about to experience a POF cyber-castration". Maybe he'll drop by and fix that for me.

Still commenting on that thread as late as 2/14. Think it might be something to do with these phrases in your thread posted there:

i personally dont think im a sex god but i feel im just above average id probs date 50% of every woman on here but approx 1% would date me is it that women have become obsessed with finding mr right they have the illusion they are a few leagues above where they actually are?

ive chatted to obese below average women with plenty of baggage low income and poor social skills yet judging from profiles and chats believe they can bag a wealthy prince charming hunk comedian

thing that gets me is when you message a woman and she doesnt reply i think ok shes chatting to more suitable potential partners yet months years later they are still here searching for mr right? whats going on?

Idk, swampy. I leave the detective work to CrookCatcher.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 228
Why do women not like dating fulltime single fathers?
Posted: 2/17/2015 6:47:58 AM
Swampy

Of course you got strung up in the other thread. Posters here have this down to a articulated science in the manner in which a unsuspecting poster is drawn in, slowly positioned and ruthlessly cyber castrated and left bleeding out on the forum floor. Happens all the time, gawd knows what the body count is. Heck a couple of years ago someone had a thread about group pics or something and I made the comment (in jest) pick out the one least attractive to you and she's the one messaging you. I never said anyone was ugly just least attractive to you....you would have thought I kicked a two week old puppy at a SPCA Convention. Moving on...

Those women you speak of will still be on pof this time next year and the next.
Most want, few accept. Some know they're over reaching but self perception won't allow them to accept
their realities, same with some men.
Not saying posters here are all in that category by any means. I think most regular posters here are realistic whereas on the dating side you may have more unrealistic expectations if for nothing else the sheer volume of pics to window shop from and it is nothing more than window shopping for most. You have the outlier occassionally who gets swamped with messages with no pic but think block of not grain of on this when you hear them rave about their good fortune.

List your occupation as Enviromental Engineer. It's the truth, no deception.

Like I suggested to another single dad in another forum. Take your daughter and go where single moms would take their kids, depending on her age Chuckie Cheese etc. better chance of meeting someone in a similar situation to yours out there rather than in here. YMMV
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 229
Posted: 2/17/2015 7:42:53 AM

gawd knows what the body count is.

Copper, I'll never quote you again if you keep coming up with references to women ranked by appearance, but that right there ^^^ is some funny stuff.
 Jets736
Msg: 230
Posted: 2/23/2015 11:36:26 AM
I don't seem to have that issue. There are quite of a few women who would appreciate dating me. It feels like me son attracts women rather than repels them. Maybe its just my generation, but so far no problems have arose in regards to me being a single parent.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 231
Posted: 3/7/2015 8:44:28 PM
This woman rarely dates men with children because they have no time to date.
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2015 11:58:20 AM

This woman rarely dates men with children because they have no time to date.

Agreed. If someone has no time to date, they shouldn't be dating.

I think what happens is people fool themselves thinking they can juggle work, kids, hobbies, friendships and relationships. It is possible to do those things, however I rarely seen it successfully done when someone has exclusive custody of their kids.

From my experience dating "fulltime" single mothers, they only way they could make time to maintain a relationship past dating was for me to in/directly assist them in raising their kids. No thanks.
 missyganda
Msg: 233
Posted: 8/17/2015 9:41:38 PM
Its not that women dont want to date single fathers, I did before, and its not the kids actually. The issue was he was still into his ex and apparently he dated me to solve some of his issues. Now I am very cautious dating single fathers.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 234
Posted: 8/18/2015 7:10:04 PM

I guess what I'm saying, is if you aren't getting dates, I'm not sure you should ASSUME it's because you are a custodial father.

As a non-father, period, I can testify to that.
 youtootrue
Msg: 235
Posted: 9/11/2015 2:36:54 PM
I personally know women who have children and won't date a man who has children. But they want a man to accept the fact they have kids......I know doesn't make sense. But ideally I want to date a man who has children, because I do ad he would be understanding of my life.
 one4u2hugandlove
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 6:51:45 PM
Oh I would give anything to meet you as I think single dads are more understanding towards us single mums as we are both struggling in life and yes our priorities are our children. I would date you tomorrow as you sound fab. Just a pity we live at the opposite end of the planet. Never mind you will find someone who will be looking for a handsome caring father
 myrtleman01
Msg: 237
Posted: 12/7/2015 9:48:02 AM
My experience is because women my age have raised their children and want to be free to come and go travel ,spontaneity ,you can't have that with someone with kids. My youngest will be 13 & 15 January and February I've been raising them alone for over 3 years . Between working ,cleaning,cooking ,dad taxi ,home improvement and repairs.... it's hard to juggle a relationship. So I fully understand why a lot of women choose not to date single dad's.
 myrtleman01
Msg: 238
Posted: 12/7/2015 9:48:47 AM
My experience is because women my age have raised their children and want to be free to come and go travel ,spontaneity ,you can't have that with someone with kids. My youngest will be 13 & 15 January and February I've been raising them alone for over 3 years . Between working ,cleaning,cooking ,dad taxi ,home improvement and repairs.... it's hard to juggle a relationship. So I fully understand why a lot of women choose not to date single dad's.
 dreamriding
Msg: 239
Posted: 12/7/2015 12:00:24 PM
My experience has been that children are too dramatic with single fathers. I have no time for the drama anymore with single fathers children. There was plenty of drama with my own. I'm done dating fathers with children still at home.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 240
Posted: 12/7/2015 5:34:33 PM
myrtleman

You are right.
Let's leave gender out of this.

A and B.

B is healthy, private health insurance, non smoker, drug and child free, no criminal record, has a good job, stable home, car and drivers licence, lots of friends, lots of hobbies, can drop everything at a moment's notice to do things. No ties, no baggage and completely self sufficient.
B can be male or female.

A, who also can be male or female has one or more of these:
Dependent children
No job
Insufficient money to support themselves
Debt
No residency in the country
Going through a messy breakup
Illness
No health insurance
No car nor drivers licence
Unstable home
Smoker
Drug user
Criminal record
Commitments that limit free time

You can see why A likes B and why B is not at all interested in A.

Simple
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2015 7:25:13 AM

I think what bothers a lot of men is that they are B, but still get treated as if they are A. Seriously, who many times do you actually meet someone like A in real life?

Like many people, I have most of your B list, but have still been treated like I'm an indigent loser with no prospects. Go figure.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 242
Posted: 12/8/2015 7:24:57 PM

Simple

If it was that simple, "B" men would be more popular.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 243
Posted: 12/8/2015 10:38:25 PM
B men ARE more popular.
B women are not.

Sadly I have met a lot of A men from this site.
I know a B woman who right now is dating a man with 10 of the A characteristics.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 244
Posted: 12/9/2015 3:07:50 PM

B men ARE more popular.

Hold on, let me check.........

Nope.
Still no line at MY door.
 AhMazingMom4U
Msg: 245
Posted: 12/12/2015 5:12:39 PM
I think single dads who are dating need to expand their pool of potential dates. You'd be surprised who would date you if you opened your mind to the many choices out here.
 christiangirl19
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2015 11:45:57 AM
I can't speak for all women, but me personally I find it very attractive to see a man taking care of his kids. Alot of females may be intimated a little bit? because they know they would have to share a good bit of you're attention with child. Kudos to you though, I think it's awesome that you are taking care of your kids!
 pro100pk2
Msg: 247
Posted: 12/16/2015 12:15:36 AM
No wonder they say that women are from Venus :)
 swampyswampy
Msg: 248
Posted: 1/28/2016 8:24:37 AM
Why do women not like dating fulltime single fathers? perhaps because we are considered losers often with low income baggage and ex issues?
 ac19961
Msg: 249
Posted: 6/27/2016 9:31:24 PM
I get the same feeling about a few ladies I talk with.... I lost my wife from medical issues...I never wanted to be a single parent , its hard as hell. It doesn't matter why you have fulltime custody of your children as long as your sure the children are better off because of it. And for crazy lady , You are definitely right about the need for immediate counseling and its probably a good thing your children are NOT with you full time.
 Nestaron
Msg: 250
Posted: 12/31/2016 9:39:07 AM
I think it had to do more with priorities I always put my kids first, me second health and work, women after that which they seem to resent. How dare I not make a woman and sex not a top priority. :P

Dont make parenting an excuse for not having dates, use being single father as an advantage. You get to see women naturally school trips, class exhibits, open houses etc... great ways to meet single mothers, and you have something common to talk about already there. That blue coat picture in my profile was my reaction after my daughter drag me away from talking with a single mother are Medieval times school trip. Kids might not like it but it is effective they are not drunk, see you care about your kids and are an active part in their lives.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Why do women not like dating fulltime single fathers?