Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mrohio34
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Why do women not like dating fulltime single fathers?Page 3 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
wow, you sound as crazy as your post? this must be place for you to vent. keep in mind:

if a guy gets custody, the girl did something wrong. usually it is 50-50 at least.

second, the guys girl could have passed? he did not say why he was single and having custody.

your very angry and karma, if you understand it will get you for hoping to see someone having trouble dating. you dont even understand what karma is because your post enjoys his misery. heads up! something might be coming.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Why do women not like dating fulltime single fathers?
Posted: 11/19/2009 12:01:02 AM
I can't imagine a single dad having trouble picking up women because of his kid. I get more attention by being with my son than I used to when I drove my 1967 Mustang. I started taking care of my son eight hours a day (mornings and afternoons) when he was three months old. It took me two weeks before I could even imagine taking him out of the house, but the first time I took him to the park, I was surrounded by women giving me help and advice.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2009 4:57:12 AM
"Why is everyone still responding to the jenn8800 poster? She was banned months ago.
Posters who post negative views on single parents usually get sent to banned camp...."

Because POF is a troll hang out and banned posters just keep coming back with new made up profiles and new names like Hpotters. See it all the time, but I like them. I get a smile out of the poor little trolls. Life so sad they make up profiles so they can troll get banned and then troll some more lol.
 Karejea
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2009 4:40:17 PM
I can only speak from what happened to me when I dated single dad with 2 biological children and 1 stepchild. In the begining things seemed fine his children and my 2 seemed to get along fine and then we hit our first bump which had to do more with his youngest son 7 and my children but we got past that. I realized that his son's problem was more about him feeling like when my children 15&18 were around I didn't pay enough attention to him so I made a point of making sure that he got at least an half hour of just his son and me time. Then our second hurdle came when he mentioned something to his 20 year old daughter who lived with him moving closer to where I lived. From that point on his daughter created situations and even lied about things until things in our relationship became so bad that there was no way of fixing it so we ended it. I'm not saying I would never date a man who is a fulltime dad again but in the future I will always worry about will what happened before happen again. Because that time around when it ended I didn't just lose a boyfriend I lost 3 children and to be honest the 11 & 7 yr old boys I still miss and so do my kids.
 Karejea
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2009 4:49:56 PM
The begining is always the easy part most woman love kids and a man who is a real father to his children and takes care of them is hot or at least I think so. I see it as if a man takes that good of care of his own he is a good man and will not be the type of guy who tries to make a single mother feel guilty for not being able to do things at the spare of the moment. I find that men and woman with out children seem to be harder to date or who are not active in there own childs life. In short children are like a new puppy they are cute the trick is finding some one willing to stick around when it craps on there new carpet for the first time...lol
 TiffLS
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/20/2009 11:13:57 PM

You fulltime custodial PARENTS who ripped YOUR CHILDREN away from thier loving NON CUSTODIAL PARENTS..............

Jenn, I'm not sure where you get your impressions--obviously there is something very personal involved in your reaction here. But in a general sense, what you describe here isn't remotely accurate. As a former divorce attorney I can tell you that the vast majority of non-custodial parents have never requested custody, and that a large proportion do not even make any effort to exercise the visitation that's awarded. There certainly are custodial parents who have made the choice to divorce, fought for custody and deprived a loving parent of the opportunity to live with his or her children, but it is a tiny percentage.
 TiffLS
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/20/2009 11:18:40 PM

I have a young one also full time and this is a HUGE problem for men. Not so for my eldest whom I have 50/50 shared care with his dad but the fact I rarely get a break from the youngest doesnt suit their lifestyle but thats cool and is their choice.

I'm curious about why someone in that situation would want to try to squish dating into an already full life. If you "rarely get a break" from your youngest, is there really room to develop a relationship? What's the upside to dividing the little bit of free time and energy you might have?
 cybyrd1214
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/21/2009 5:59:49 PM
You obviously are one miserable woman. There has to be a reason for you to not personally have your child(ren). And from your comments, money seems to be the one thing that you revolve around and you brought the child(ren) into this world and it is only right that you help support them. Most courts award children to their mother and dad having custody says a lot about you. If the shoe was on the other foot, you would be trying to get more than the 30% you mention out of him. Grin and bear it girlfriend your child your responsiblity to help support.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2009 7:25:27 AM
Hpotters not only are you a troll you are a a bad troll. At least get your facts right when you are trolling! "When couples get divorced only like 10% of guys fight for either joint or primary custody." Not even close!!! Already cover before on this same thread.

Of the single parent homes USA, men make up about 20% and the are over 2,500,000 of us. NOt so rare! Single fathers are the fastest growing group too.
http://www.census.gov/PressRelease/www/releases/archives/families_households/009842.html
The percentage of households headed by single parents showed little variation from 1994 through 2006, at about 9 percent, up from 5 percent in 1970, according to the latest data on America’s families and households released today by the U.S. Census Bureau.

According to Families and Living Arrangements: 2006, there were 12.9 million one-parent families in 2006 — 10.4 million single-mother families and 2.5 million single-father families.

Just over two-thirds (67 percent) of the nation’s 73.7 million children younger than 18 lived with two married parents in 2006. Also in 2006, there were an estimated 5.8 million stay-at-home parents: 5.6 million mothers and 159,000 fathers.

Other highlights:

Average household size in 2006 was 2.57 people, down from 3.14 in 1970.
Slightly more than one in four households (26 percent) consisted of a person living alone in 2006, up from 17 percent in 1970.
About 5.7 million children, or 8 percent of the total, lived in a household that included a grandparent in 2006. The majority of these children (3.7 million) lived in the grandparent’s home, and of these, about 60 percent had a parent present.
Among the 13 million children 15 to 17, about 2.3 million were working, and of these, 2.2 million worked part time.
In 2006, 33 percent of males and 26 percent of females 15 and older had never married, up from 28 and 22 percent in 1970.
The majority of men and women in 2006 had been married by the time they were 30 to 34 (71 percent), and among men and women 65 and older, 96 percent had been married.
Data are from the 2006 Current Population Survey’s (CPS)
 freetime2bme
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2009 10:00:20 AM
2.5 single father head house holds, 10.4 single mother headed house holds. Did you drop out of math to you troll, I will assume you did. Here is the numbers for you.

2.5/2.5+10.4=19.37% of the single parent house holds, close to 20% just like I said, but you are a troll and you don't want the facts.

2,500,000 not uncommon if you ask me.
 PMC00
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/22/2009 12:16:20 PM
quote "When woman see a single dad with kids they imagine that when they get into a serious relationship with him they will revert back to the normal gender roles. That means she will have to start doing most of the work raising some other womans kids while he goes out and makes the money to support the family.

She looks at his kids as a potential burden to her. She looks at them and imagines herself cleaning up thier messes, dealing with thier temper tantrums etc.... Most women will date men without kids if they can even if they have children of thier own." /quote

This is what I have been seeing. I get messages from single women that say they are not ready for kids, and the single mothers hardly ever reply. The women I've met offline usually don't have a problem with me having kids since they never see them.

I love my kids, but me taking care of them full-time was never part of the plan. I knew when I made the decision to go for full custody I was sacrificing my social life.
Posted: 11/22/2009 6:00:39 PM
Wow so much anger! You must have just gone through the courts. The new girlfriends/boyfriends wouldn't be a "new mommy/daddy" as you say they already have both parents unless something has happened to the other one like a death or something really bad the other parent did.

As for the financial leeches wtf is that, it takes two people to make the baby if you couldn't afford to help raise the child or children then take the appropriate measures to protect yourself regardless what the other person says. 30% is nothing compared to what the other parent is paying to raise the child.

Granted some people do do nothing but make the other person miserable but you shouldn't put every hard working single parent into that catagory.
 lovehate11
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2009 1:49:56 PM
I started a post awhile back based on the samething. Woman want a bad boy not a good man. I have met some nice smart woman. When they find out I have custody they walk away. See woman want all our attention. Once they think they have to compete with someone else, its a NO NO!!!!!!
 ValkyrieHJR
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/29/2009 2:23:09 AM

"Feminists" believe that women are superior to men in every way, "they" are certainly not gender neutral.

Actually, feminists ARE gender neutral. Feminists fight for EQUAL rights and EQUAL pay and things like that, not better rights or better pay. Feminists think they are EQUAL to any task a man is. (With biological exceptions, such as peeing standing up). Women can be as strong as men, can be as good at any job as a man. That is what feminists believe. And it is not an easy fight. As far as the work place is concerned there are a lot of fields where not only does the woman have to be as god, she has to be better than the man, just to hold an equal position as a man.

And yes, I know this for a fact. I used to work in a job that was like that. I had to prove I was worthy to be in my position by being better than any of the men I worked with. and even then there were a lot of men tha didn't think I could do the job because of my sex.
 paulypaul182
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2009 3:16:18 AM
I feel really sorry for the person who had a go at the OP earlier in the thread.

What some people cant seem to get through their thick arrogant skulls is that some of us HAD to stop our ex's from seeing our child due to welfare problems. In my case I believe that my daughters welfare and emotional stability was being harmed my ex. I wont go into much detail but I dont see why I am being selfish to my ex. My one and only concern is for my daughter, not my ex. My ex chose her path, not I. I did not stop access to get at her, I do not ask for maintenance payments to get at her. The mainetnace payments go toward my daughters upkeep. Her food, her nursery bills, her clothes and her happiness. Do you reckon a £27 a week payment covers any where near half of that? While my ex gets on with her life without a care in the world, I have my life on hold. She goes out partying, she goes and books expensive holidays and doesnt even ask about how her daughter is. 3 months now!!!! You say I'm the selfish one.

If I want to moan about women being a little vein and shallow because they'd date me if I didnt have a child then I will! Your reason why you wouldnt date a single parent makes you alot worse than I. Are we meant to stay in awful, torturous relationships and make our children live that life as well? Yes, the mistake I made was to have a relationship with a woman who I believed I knew up until she became pregnant. A woman who herself was as shallow and as vein as some on here.

Ive given my child the best possible start in life. Am I sad that I couldnt give her her mommy? Of course I am, and I always will be. Im not looking for a new mommy, but I am looking for someone that will accept my daughter as well as me. If I cant find that then I will make do with my lot in life. But I sure as hell aint going to stop by and allow venomous people like you talk rubbish about people like me.

To the OP, Im there too mate. All the best in your search. At least now we can find someone a little more special and a little more unique than what we probably would have found previously. It also seems like a lucky escape for us that we dont end up dating a person like that who responded to you earlier.
 MagicMan8365
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/29/2009 10:27:18 AM
Lonelydad,i have primary custody of my son,he is 10yo.We are very close,his Mom has lots of medical problems and not financially stable to do raise him,she recently remarried after almost 3yr divorce,she calls him alot,and sees him when she can,we were married 11 yrs,we just grew apart and she was influenced by others and made bad choices,we are good friends and co-allies in parenting our son!For the child support,neither one us have it,we set it up through court that way,the more you keep government out your personal life,better you are.
I agree with the majority of women here,you just not met right person yet,but don't give up,and from a singledad here good luck my friend!

Jenn,this is for you,have you heard old saying,(if you have nothing nice to say,say nothing at all),its wrong to make negative statements about people you don't know or know situation,for meeting someone on Internet,its better option than a bar.If he is like me,i live in small town not lot of choices,so what i'm saying some of us don't have many choices to meet a woman,i'm glad your happy,i'm happy for most part,just be nice have quality woman share time with and then if there is more to it introduce her to my son!
As for the forum,it's place get ideas and get advice from people that can relate to your topic,with out going paying psychiatrist 125.00 an hour or more. I think you need imagine your self in some ones shoes before you give your opinion in these forums.
Jenn,blast me all you want,i have thick skin,and i know who i'am and what i want and i'm good hearted,easy going guy.I wont engage in senseless ranting and drama so don't bother to try!
 Butterflykisses!
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/29/2009 10:48:52 AM
Wow what a cold and angry person. I couldnt even read all of it its such horse crap! I dont know anywoman who sit on their ass. Your measly little 400-500 a month dos does not even touch raising a child, most people i know still have to work. I do and have to raise 2 alone 90% of the time,. And the poor X? He wouldnt be an X if he had done his job in the first place. The best parent should be the parent or the one who can provide the time, care and attention. If a man settles to only see his children once or twice a month thats on him! A real woman wouldnt set limits. Why am i waisting my time responding to someone who evidnently is so cold and angry that im wondering why they are on here to even date!
 singlesuperdad
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2009 3:04:28 PM
I really don't know why everyone is arguing the topic. As if you didn't know already that with kids or without, black, white, chinese, alcoholic, drug addict or what ever, there is going to be some that will and some that won't and there is nothing wrong with it either way. The topics are only brought up by people that are bummed that they are having a hard time finding the ones that will.
 paulypaul182
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2009 11:16:48 AM
To lightbite:
Why would I mention my child, its a dating site not a mothers meeting. I ticked the box that asked if I was a parent, I feel thats sufficent. Women can see that I have a child, if they want to ask then they can feel free to ask.
 dmanbobo
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/30/2009 11:49:15 AM
Jenn, you are a just a stupid ****. How in the world would you know that the reason he or any other custodial parent has full custody of the child because his child's mother wasn't a whore, cheater, drug addict, or maybe even dead? You should really think before you start talking shit, you dumb ****
 big pacific
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2009 12:27:23 PM
I don't know where your info is from nicki

66% of single mothers work less than full time while only 10% of fathers fall into this category. In addition, almost 47% of non-custodial mothers default on support compared with the 27% of fathers who default.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2009 7:00:41 AM
I heard a new one this weekend from a single mom. I had one of my few Saturday nights without the kids so I was out clubbing and struck up a conversation with an attractive women and after a bit she invited me to join her and her sister at their table. Talked about the normal stuff and then she said she was a single mom, I said "me too I am a single dad". She then said "it's not the same I am a full time single parent". I then said me too, my ex only takes my kids one night every 2-3 weeks if I am lucky. What she said next was "well I don't date full time dads". I said that's cool we are just talking not dating but, I know it can be hard to hook up with the limited free time single parents have. She said that's not it, she said single dads tend to do it so much better then single moms and it made her feel inferior. I said your joking right, and she said no and she was envious of how dads seem to do it all with out help and she was hardly getting by with a support check and her mothers help. I said NP it's been nice talking to you and moved on why the night was still young. Now it could have been total BS, but she was the one that invited me to their table and it seemed legitimate at the time. The dads do it better reason, fist time I have been given that one. If not her real reason, it was an excellent blow off.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2009 9:00:07 AM
"Freetime, I think she blew you off."

That's what I was hoping for but it did not work out. Superiot/inferior, NP as long as I get ....Wait you mean the other blew me off don't you. I am a bit slow so you might be right. Never mind.
 mazzone
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/1/2009 1:00:35 PM
There are alot of things us women think about when datting a full time dad...
1) I s he looking for a full time mom?
2)Is there gonna be drama between real mom and girlfrind?
3)Will he have the time for me or not?
4)Will the kids like me?
and the list goes on..I don't think its so much if your cool or not.. and being attrative has nothing to do with it, why ge into a relationship where there are kids if it might not work out. I would never want to break someones kids heart if it didn't workout between us..
 freetime2bme
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2009 1:22:54 PM
Q:" why ge into a relationship where there are kids if it might not work out. "

No relationship I get in is going to end in wedding bells, just not going to ever happen. The dates that have meet my kids have all liked them and more then a few have done lots of things with us like the beach, parks and the theam parks. My kids have even known a few off and on for several years. That last thing me saying good bye to any of the women I have dated will do is break my kids heart. They really don't care who I date or don't date, but they have liked some of the women I date. They just understand that dad likes being able to see who every he wants to.

A: same reason I would date any one, it's fun to do stuff with other grown ups and let not forget about sex, that's nice too lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >