Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 want to travel
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Why do women not like dating fulltime single fathers?Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
it has more to do with single parent fathers are financially messed up,usually men only get custody of kids when the mother is really bad
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 107
Why do women not like dating fulltime single fathers?
Posted: 12/18/2014 6:15:14 PM
The answer is simple. Women don't want to date men with children because that means there is another woman garnishing his resources.
 Tsar850
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/19/2014 1:21:41 PM

I heard a new one this weekend from a single mom. I had one of my few Saturday nights without the kids so I was out clubbing and struck up a conversation with an attractive women and after a bit she invited me to join her and her sister at their table. Talked about the normal stuff and then she said she was a single mom, I said "me too I am a single dad". She then said "it's not the same I am a full time single parent". I then said me too, my ex only takes my kids one night every 2-3 weeks if I am lucky. What she said next was "well I don't date full time dads". I said that's cool we are just talking not dating but, I know it can be hard to hook up with the limited free time single parents have. She said that's not it, she said single dads tend to do it so much better then single moms and it made her feel inferior. I said your joking right, and she said no and she was envious of how dads seem to do it all with out help and she was hardly getting by with a support check and her mothers help. I said NP it's been nice talking to you and moved on why the night was still young. Now it could have been total BS, but she was the one that invited me to their table and it seemed legitimate at the time. The dads do it better reason, fist time I have been given that one. If not her real reason, it was an excellent blow off.

I've ran into the same thing. Back when I had my children at home it seemed to annoy some of the ladies I dated to have my home clean and in order.

Even my cooking skills have seemed to be a threat to them.

One said she would never try to compete with my cooking skills. She later told me I didn't need a woman....... I responded with I know...... I want one.

It sure seems like some women need a man to "fix" not a man to have a relationship with.
 thompson1919
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/19/2014 5:35:12 PM
It sure seems like some women need a man to "fix" not a man to have a relationship with.

Bingo! Knew this woman that had a husband that would run around on her she would often come home and find him passed out on the floor from everything to heroin to just plain drunk. She was a neighbor so she would come by and cry to me. Give me blow jobs have sex with me. I asked her why is she married to the guy there are so man guys out there like me. She said " because then I would be the one the guy would try to be fixing". Like the old saying your the hunter or the hunted. Same goes for your either the fixer or the fixee in the mind of a woman.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/20/2014 5:52:29 AM
The answer is simple. Women don't want to date men with children because that means there is another woman garnishing his resources.

...and those specific men seek a middle-aged lady, like me, to fill in that fiscal deficit (child support arrearages and those specific men's general lack of income for day-to-day personal expenses), with my earnings and savings dedicated to my own children. In addition to debt relief, they seek live-in nanny services for nothing, as well. No thanks.

It's a good thing that there are more responsible people, out there. And they're the people With whom I communicate.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/20/2014 6:04:02 AM

Call it what you will, the reality is women confuse children's wants with needs and thus discipline takes a back-burner on child rearing. This plays out not only on statistics of single-mother raised children in contrast to single-father or dual parent raised households but also by the reluctance of men pursuing anything but casual relationships with women with exclusive custody. This isn't conjecture as there is significant threads of exclusive custody single mothers unable to procure men of quality for long term relationships.

I've not had these issues as a single parent, when I was a single parent.
 BillyBuckshot14
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/21/2014 5:17:26 AM

...and those specific men seek a middle-aged lady, like me, to fill in that fiscal deficit (child support arrearages and those specific men's general lack of income for day-to-day personal expenses), with my earnings and savings dedicated to my own children.

I am sure there is. But your hypergamy dictates that these men has zero chance obtaining their goal so your argument is moot.

It's a good thing that there are more responsible people, out there. And they're the people With whom I communicate.

Absolutely. Again, this is no surprise and I bet everyone of the "responsible" people with whom you communicate has an equal of better financial situation than you do.
 toxictears1979
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/29/2015 10:42:32 PM
That shouldn't make a diff
 lyin eyes
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2015 2:37:23 PM
Theres something just sexy about it.Aguy standing up and taking responsibility,who would have thunk it.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 115
Posted: 2/17/2015 5:56:34 AM
swampy12345:

you should read some of the comments in my post about are women too fussy i got some vile abuse told to get a better job learn to drive i must be in debt no woman will ever want me etc all cus im a part time cleaner bringing up my girl

Uh, yeah.

I didn't read any of the 24 pages of comments you generated with your ill-fated attempt to ... How would our forums detective put it? I believe "an unexpecting poster about to experience a POF cyber-castration". Maybe he'll drop by and fix that for me.

Still commenting on that thread as late as 2/14. Think it might be something to do with these phrases in your thread posted there:

i personally dont think im a sex god but i feel im just above average id probs date 50% of every woman on here but approx 1% would date me is it that women have become obsessed with finding mr right they have the illusion they are a few leagues above where they actually are?

ive chatted to obese below average women with plenty of baggage low income and poor social skills yet judging from profiles and chats believe they can bag a wealthy prince charming hunk comedian

thing that gets me is when you message a woman and she doesnt reply i think ok shes chatting to more suitable potential partners yet months years later they are still here searching for mr right? whats going on?

Idk, swampy. I leave the detective work to CrookCatcher.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 116
Posted: 2/17/2015 6:47:58 AM
Swampy

Of course you got strung up in the other thread. Posters here have this down to a articulated science in the manner in which a unsuspecting poster is drawn in, slowly positioned and ruthlessly cyber castrated and left bleeding out on the forum floor. Happens all the time, gawd knows what the body count is. Heck a couple of years ago someone had a thread about group pics or something and I made the comment (in jest) pick out the one least attractive to you and she's the one messaging you. I never said anyone was ugly just least attractive to you....you would have thought I kicked a two week old puppy at a SPCA Convention. Moving on...

Those women you speak of will still be on pof this time next year and the next.
Most want, few accept. Some know they're over reaching but self perception won't allow them to accept
their realities, same with some men.
Not saying posters here are all in that category by any means. I think most regular posters here are realistic whereas on the dating side you may have more unrealistic expectations if for nothing else the sheer volume of pics to window shop from and it is nothing more than window shopping for most. You have the outlier occassionally who gets swamped with messages with no pic but think block of not grain of on this when you hear them rave about their good fortune.

List your occupation as Enviromental Engineer. It's the truth, no deception.

Like I suggested to another single dad in another forum. Take your daughter and go where single moms would take their kids, depending on her age Chuckie Cheese etc. better chance of meeting someone in a similar situation to yours out there rather than in here. YMMV
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 117
Posted: 2/17/2015 7:42:53 AM

gawd knows what the body count is.

Copper, I'll never quote you again if you keep coming up with references to women ranked by appearance, but that right there ^^^ is some funny stuff.
 Jets736
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/23/2015 11:36:26 AM
I don't seem to have that issue. There are quite of a few women who would appreciate dating me. It feels like me son attracts women rather than repels them. Maybe its just my generation, but so far no problems have arose in regards to me being a single parent.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/7/2015 8:44:28 PM
This woman rarely dates men with children because they have no time to date.
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2015 11:58:20 AM

This woman rarely dates men with children because they have no time to date.

Agreed. If someone has no time to date, they shouldn't be dating.

I think what happens is people fool themselves thinking they can juggle work, kids, hobbies, friendships and relationships. It is possible to do those things, however I rarely seen it successfully done when someone has exclusive custody of their kids.

From my experience dating "fulltime" single mothers, they only way they could make time to maintain a relationship past dating was for me to in/directly assist them in raising their kids. No thanks.
 missyganda
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/17/2015 9:41:38 PM
Its not that women dont want to date single fathers, I did before, and its not the kids actually. The issue was he was still into his ex and apparently he dated me to solve some of his issues. Now I am very cautious dating single fathers.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/18/2015 7:10:04 PM

I guess what I'm saying, is if you aren't getting dates, I'm not sure you should ASSUME it's because you are a custodial father.

As a non-father, period, I can testify to that.
 youtootrue
Msg: 123
Posted: 9/11/2015 2:36:54 PM
I personally know women who have children and won't date a man who has children. But they want a man to accept the fact they have kids......I know doesn't make sense. But ideally I want to date a man who has children, because I do ad he would be understanding of my life.
 one4u2hugandlove
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 6:51:45 PM
Oh I would give anything to meet you as I think single dads are more understanding towards us single mums as we are both struggling in life and yes our priorities are our children. I would date you tomorrow as you sound fab. Just a pity we live at the opposite end of the planet. Never mind you will find someone who will be looking for a handsome caring father
 myrtleman01
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/7/2015 9:48:02 AM
My experience is because women my age have raised their children and want to be free to come and go travel ,spontaneity ,you can't have that with someone with kids. My youngest will be 13 & 15 January and February I've been raising them alone for over 3 years . Between working ,cleaning,cooking ,dad taxi ,home improvement and repairs.... it's hard to juggle a relationship. So I fully understand why a lot of women choose not to date single dad's.
 myrtleman01
Msg: 126
Posted: 12/7/2015 9:48:47 AM
My experience is because women my age have raised their children and want to be free to come and go travel ,spontaneity ,you can't have that with someone with kids. My youngest will be 13 & 15 January and February I've been raising them alone for over 3 years . Between working ,cleaning,cooking ,dad taxi ,home improvement and repairs.... it's hard to juggle a relationship. So I fully understand why a lot of women choose not to date single dad's.
 dreamriding
Msg: 127
Posted: 12/7/2015 12:00:24 PM
My experience has been that children are too dramatic with single fathers. I have no time for the drama anymore with single fathers children. There was plenty of drama with my own. I'm done dating fathers with children still at home.
 castlehillsmile
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/7/2015 5:34:33 PM
myrtleman

You are right.
Let's leave gender out of this.

A and B.

B is healthy, private health insurance, non smoker, drug and child free, no criminal record, has a good job, stable home, car and drivers licence, lots of friends, lots of hobbies, can drop everything at a moment's notice to do things. No ties, no baggage and completely self sufficient.
B can be male or female.

A, who also can be male or female has one or more of these:
Dependent children
No job
Insufficient money to support themselves
Debt
No residency in the country
Going through a messy breakup
Illness
No health insurance
No car nor drivers licence
Unstable home
Smoker
Drug user
Criminal record
Commitments that limit free time

You can see why A likes B and why B is not at all interested in A.

Simple
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2015 7:25:13 AM

I think what bothers a lot of men is that they are B, but still get treated as if they are A. Seriously, who many times do you actually meet someone like A in real life?

Like many people, I have most of your B list, but have still been treated like I'm an indigent loser with no prospects. Go figure.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 130
Posted: 12/8/2015 7:24:57 PM

Simple

If it was that simple, "B" men would be more popular.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >