Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Losing ground to SPITEFUL Raccoons      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Classic Chassis
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Losing ground to SPITEFUL RaccoonsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Or set out a bowl of kibble or all your table scraps mixed together for them then they won't wander into the house.
 raxarsr
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Losing ground to SPITEFUL Raccoons
Posted: 7/13/2009 8:07:13 PM
hot sauce.....lots of hot sauce.......and they are proubly connecting your fresh scent on the planters with food...you scent is on the dog bowl and garbage cans

put lots of hot sauce on the planters and on the plants the dig up...the hotter the better. coons are mighty smart.....you might have to revert to trapping them.......most likely, if its been a couple of years.........you have several generations visiting you.........the more critters......the more damage.

oh.......while they look cute and timid.......dont believe it....they can get mean real quick........and a full grown coon can maim or kill ever a rather large dog.
 beehearnow
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/13/2009 8:21:00 PM
We learned to coexist...they'd just come in the pet door, sometimes nap in the easy chair.

Really. My mom kept "tame" ones as pets, and the "wild" ones hung out too.

We kept them out of the fridge by wrapping it with bungee cords and put heavy objects on the toilets to keep them out of there...

The raccoons were never vengeful.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2009 9:48:45 PM
Wow, thanks all for great suggestions and funny raccoon war stories.

you could try live animal traps and relocating them, or you could get a garden kitty, or you could get a motion activated barking dog noise to scare them away.

Toronto is overrun with raccoons. It’s a family of five or six raccoons who “own” my and the neighbour’s backyards. (Each raccoon family has territory staked out throughout the neighbourhood and whew, do they get into some vicious sounding fights at night if another raccoon crosses the border). I’m not all that keen to go through the hassle of catching and moving half a dozen of them, but it’s a good last resort.

I’m not sure my neighbours would appreciate the motion activated dog barking tape, lol. (Our back gardens are about 20x30 – we’re pretty cozy). I need a stealth weapon.

A garden kitty? Like a real live cat? Now wouldn’t that just fry the dog. He’s still ticked we got pet rats (and THEY get some of his dog treats) and these freakin’ raccoons are eating HIS dog food. He might demand to be relocated!

put lots of hot sauce on the planters and on the plants the dig up...the hotter the better. coons are mighty smart.....you might have to revert to trapping them.......most likely, if its been a couple of years.........you have several generations visiting you.........the more critters......the more damage.

I’ll try the hot sauce, thanks. And check at my local garden store to see if they have a raccoon product as Mom2Beagle suggested. The moth balls from Sidewinder seems doable and low tech too.

oh.......while they look cute and timid.......dont believe it....they can get mean real quick........and a full grown coon can maim or kill ever a rather large dog.

These guys aren’t timid at all. They are so accustomed to living near humans that they will not move unless they see a weapon in your hands (a broom). I’m surprised they run when the dog chases them, he’s 6 lbs soaking wet, and one my great concern is if they accidentally got cornered by him, he’s toast. (It’s one of the reasons I’m so quick to give him back-up).

Have you considered petitioning our government to arbitrate peace talks between the raccoons and yourself.

If Mel was still Mayor, I’m sure he’d be willing to call out the National Guard on my behalf, lol.

They're like bad relatives.

Aren’t they just! I’m hoping they’ll get bored with me.

I probably didn't help any because I was laughing so hard, tears were rolling down my cheeks.

Yanno, that seems to be a common reaction around here to my garden woes. LOL My sweetie has suggested terra cotta coloured barbed wire so it will blend in nicely with the planters.

String up some electric wire on your fence.

hmmm… wondering how much voltage would knock ‘em off my fence without killing them.

Contact your local county/provincial extension agency, and/or the master gardener society for help.

I've heard the city has some kind of problem critter program, but I'm not sure what problems qualify. I'd have called them but they are on strike right now (city workers, not the raccoons).
 FL CO
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2009 10:06:50 PM
Raccoon tastes like a cross between roast beef and turkey when BBQed and will litterly fall off the bone. I hope that helps anwer your question on how to handle your problem with them.
 karma1160
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/13/2009 11:17:07 PM
Well I am not sugesting you try this but this is what I had to finally resort to.
I don't have racoons just wood chucks, mink, deer, wolves, every insect know to man and many more etc..
I went out into my garden that I had planted at the entrance to a tamark bog it was great spot but the wood chucks loved it also these varmits can take rows of your garden out overnight without a problem . They would come while I was in the garden so I tried to yell, squirt them with the hose none of this worked so we finally had to shoot one we left the dead carcass hanging on the fence post for all their fandamily to sniff they moved. We also did this with mink it worked for them also.
Racoons are so cute but yea they are mischievous little ........
I would try the moth balls and the pepper spray if that doesn't work get some live traps and take them out and drop them miles away.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/14/2009 5:51:40 AM

It all started with a split in the back patio screen and guerilla raccoons sneaking into the kitchen to raid the dog's food bowl.

they sell a mesh at the hardware store made to keep dog and cats from clawing at the screen...you can nail or tack or glue or bolt or staple (any from of fasteneing) to the door. its already cut to standard door sizes and is decorative.
 hellgremlin
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2009 5:53:03 AM

It never used to be scary at home. Peace and tranquility were the hallmarks of our happy little nest. Small quarrels were ended with warm hugs and kind eyes. Respect abounded for each other, for our home and for the furry little neighbours whose life cycle we were lucky enough to be witness to outside our kitchen window.

I wish I'd known what would happen. Somehow I'd have managed to corral that joy and blissfulness and cram it into some container. Just stuff it full to overflowing and maybe even scoop up a little in my pockets. To uncork even a minute amount would would be to escape the life of living in home caught in the middle of a war zone, to walk a klick in the socks of a lucky man. The kind I used to be.

You see, the raccoons, thwarted in their effort to move their territory forward, have begun a series of border skirmishes. Let me be the first to say that war is hell.

After years of nervous but peaceful co-existence unmarked by any but the tiniest bit of aggressive actions between ourselves and the raccoons, the unexpected raid that marked the beginning of the offensive was unexpected. The strategy was brilliant and well-executed. It started with the rations. Ingenious! Only the quick reaction of my sweetie and ol' faithful prevented catastrophe. Although the massive offensive attack was not without some success, wiping out three days worth of dry rations, the lack of complete success was likely critical in stopping their imperialist march right at the start.

But Phase Two began: a series of lighning strikes, waiting for opportunity before dashing across the border into our territory. Ever vigilant, both girl and dog are always quick to defend, and the success rate of the rodents has declined significantly.

For a couple of days, then, nothing happened. But you could see them out there. Watching. Sizing things up. Much the same way some murder of crows must have stared down Hitchcock at some point.

Then began Phase Three: nightly bombing missions. The carnage is sickening, especially against the warming effect of the early morning sun that slowly reveals the horror from the shadows. Things are looking bleak at the moment.

Peaceful evenings are, without warning, interrupted by the pounding of stocking-ed feet and untrimmed claws skittering into duty, followed by yelling, barking, snarling, bangs and crashes I can't identify.

And when they leave the room.......well, it's different for those left behind. Every time I see them leave to fight the battles, I wonder if I'll ever...if I'll ever.....ever............I'm sorry. I can't finish that last sentence. It's just too....scary.

Won the war? God, lady! NOBODY wins a war.

War... only the dead have seen the end of war.

I saw them just then, cresting the north perimeter trench like an angry ocean wave of fur and beady-eyed, mask-wearing faces. Jenkins screamed for flares, but the watch tower was already overrun, and we relied on tracers to light up that hellish night. Where one round connected, three more would come up from the black to fill his place.

The screams began at the northeast corner and travelled their way up the line. In the trenches we were all made equal. At first, in the dark, men frenzied and blasted shot after shot point blank into the bellies of the chittering tidal wave. The report of fur-muffled rifles ebbed and ceased as ammunition ran dry, and they took to bayonets and combat knives; when these dulled or shattered, or stuck fast in the carcass of a fallen foe, they reduced themselves to the level of the invaders, biting and clawing with the fury of the rabid raccoon horde.

The next morning, those of us who survived, filled in the trenches on top of those who were not so blessed. Their remains were unfit for decent burial, mixed in and blended as they were with the guts of the raccoon horde. And we, we blessed living, would go on to see even greater horrors...
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 10
Urban Warfare
Posted: 7/14/2009 7:49:13 AM
Secure the Perimeter: Partially imbed finishing nails into the top rail of your fence and then fill the gaps with ample amounts of petroleum jelly or baby powder.

Landmines: Plenty of mousetraps - set and strategically place them upside down around the garden, and then cover over with a light layer of soil.

Booby Traps: Install motion activated lights and sprinklers.

Artillery: Harass repeatedly with water balloons and firecrackers.

Chemical Weapons: Keep a long range squirt gun full of ammonia handy.

Snipers: Paintball guns are extremely effective.

Black Ops: Seed the neighbours' properties with pet food.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Urban Warfare
Posted: 7/14/2009 8:52:15 AM
When dearly departed dog Lucy ruled the domain, raccoons were not a problem. She made short work of any that dared challenge her. Same with woodchucks and to both of our regret, skunks.

But I've had to resort to other defenses since Lucy moved on to the spirit world. Once when I was gone for an extended period, they ravaged the house, opening cupboards and even the fridge freezer to get at anything resembling food. Plates were tossed off shelves and broken. I resolved that by making the house impenetrable, but then Junior the cat came into my life, so his cat door makes the current challenge more complicated.

At the moment I seem to be winning. The opening foray of this latest territory dispute took quite a while to resolve, though. It started when I came home after a six day absence to discover the cat feeder empty and knocked over and six chocolate wrappers laying on the floor below the counter where I had my stash of chocolates. That night I watched through a crack in the door as he came in, carefully selected a single chocolate that he unwrapped and ate, then moved on to the cat food.

I got a live trap and set it next to the cat food with a piece of chicken for bait. Come night I watched him start with his chocolate appetizer, then go straight to the trap. But rather than enter it, he reached carefully through the mesh side, snagged the chicken, and threw it out the entrance. So I blocked off the sides of the trap but kept waking up to a sprung trap, sans bait, but no coon. Somehow he was getting at the bait and holding the trap door open to make good his escape.

I decided to escalate the terms of engagement, set the cat door to only allow entrance but not exit, and went to bed with my gun handy. I woke to a commotion in the kitchen, and crept out to discover Rocky holding the cat door open with one paw while he threw selected pieces of trash from the upturned can outside. The moment he saw me he ducked out the way he came in.

With a 9 day trip imminent, I tried one last thing. I taped a brick to the trap door the night before my departure, but that night he stayed away. I declared a temporary truce, sealed the house, and left an opened economy sized bag of catfood on the porch to feed Rocky and Junior both while I was gone.

I returned to a hungry cat and an empty food bag, and Rocky inside both the house AND the trap! I had realized after I left that I had neglected to spring the trap, but with the house closed didn't worry too much about it. Rocky was still full of vim and vinegar, so he couldn't have been in the trap long. My best guess is that he had enjoyed the free feast as long as it lasted, then shortly before my return pried open the screen door to get to the cat door, and finally been foiled by my modified trap.

Respecting his creative skills, I spared his life and released him miles from home. But as I feared, he apparently had invited at least one friend to join in the banquet while I was gone, and a new raccoon soon ventured into the house who had different markings. He was not Rocky's caliber, though. The first night I set the live trap on the porch I got him.

All has been calm of late, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the next skirmish. At least I'm battle tested with several tools in my arsenel. Pics available upon request,

Dave
 hellgremlin
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Spleen of Darkness
Posted: 7/14/2009 3:18:19 PM
Stay still, old man. Stay perfectly god-damned still. Not a breath, not a shiver. Don't let the masked bastard see the cloud of your exhalation - it's so god-damned cold in this mud you can't feel your leg; or, what's left of it.

The raccoon ambles unsteadily across a segment of tank tread splayed open flat across the blasted field of battle. Here, an armoured vehicle shed it before coming to a stop some two hundred yards away, its hull peeled open by tiny furry claws.

It's coming this way. The son of a bitch doesn't see you yet. Stay still, old man. They got the rest of your platoon, but one only winged you before losing interest and engaging a Rubbermaid bin. You dropped to the ground, in that filthy bloody mud, and heard the sounds of your platoon being dismembered. They've been dead for minutes, but the screams still echo.

The raccoon sniffs at the reclined, mud-caked form it has encountered. It smells something sweet, and begins pawing at the limp body. Its loveable paws examine the downed fighter's sheathed combat knife, before finally coming to focus its adorable efforts on a pocket located upon the old man's load-bearing vest.

Trying to disarm me, are you, you son of a bitch? No, that's not it, that's not what you want... yeah, you bastard... take it... take the candy, you bastard! That's it...

The raccoon neatly gnaws through the candy bar's wrapper, delighting in the chocolate and wafer within - silently behind it, a form with a blade in hand began to rise from the stinking muck.

... that's it, you furry bastard... here's my chance... eat your filthy furry heart's content... this is for Bobby, and Leo and Shorty! This is for the garbage cans of North AmericaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGH!
 JWG86
Msg: 13
Urban Warfare
Posted: 7/14/2009 11:48:39 PM
Oddly, I am delivering a live-trap to a friend of mine tomorrow who has issues with a raccoon entering her home through her cats door.
 hellgremlin
Msg: 14
view profile
History
May 15, 2038
Posted: 7/16/2009 3:14:51 PM
Year: 2118
Exact date: Unknown

Lance Corporal Zack Blasterson stood over the sizzling carcass of a bloated mother raccoon, eyeing it through the advanced optics mounted atop his PPG. Squeezing off a few more searing blasts into the mass, he mused that one can never be too sure - having witnessed a pack of raccoons stumble into a field of anti-personnel mines at the break of evening, only to find most of the dead already recycled by the survivors into food, he was determined not to allow a single specimen past the border of the exclusion zone.

Steadily, inch by inch, neighbourhood by irradiated neighbourhood, mankind was reclaiming the very earth they ceded to the furry horde almost a century prior - the first of the raccoon wars was merely a feint, a test of humankind's defences in preparation for the coming wave. The holocaust occurred on May 14th, 2038 - and were it not for a few old codgers, veterans of the first war who remained holed up in a retirement home - mankind would have fallen that very day. Oblivious to the collapse of society around them by virtue of their aversion to television, they spent the day man's armies fell before the horde, whiling the time away on a game of cards. It was these men that began the resistance, and gave them all a fighting chance.

A crackle over the vox-caster. "Squad Epsilon reports movement ahead. Moving in to suppress." Finally, some action, he thought - they had been holed up in a bunker for weeks, awaiting the passage of a particularly voracious raccoon super-swarm as it made its way across the surface, picking it clean of anything remotely edible. Had they been caught in its path, they would have found themselves de-fleshed and stripped of their candy rations. Now, they strode through the ruins of the top-side wasteland, engaging pockets of stragglers who had gorged on too many discarded turkey left-overs and lagged groggily behind the greater mass. Here, candy bars became a weapon - left as bait, with cyanide pills jammed into the chocolate. There, men dropped more cyanide in puddles and bodies of tepid water. If poisoning the world was needed to reclaim it, then poison was on the menu. Crunching beneath their boots were the skulls of an entire generation, long ago fallen.

"Oh sssshh..."

Lance Corporal Blasterson watched the mauled remains of Squad Epsilon sailing in a high arc through the air. "Damn it!" he bellowed, already priming a plasma grenade, "I won't lose any more ground to these damned SPITEFUL raccoons!" The earth groaned under the impact of titanically adorable footfalls. As Blasterson came face to face with the cuddly colossus, its eensy weensy button eyes burning with feral procyonid hatred, he could only thumb the 'all-broadcast' switch on his helmet-mounted vox-caster.

"HUUUUNTER-KILLERRR!"

His scream was cut short by the arrival of kiloton-range magnetic artillery.

http://upload.0x1011.org/files/DoomCoon.jpg gragragh harrrgrahagh nargh
 ItsMargo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
From Battle School, Five Miles Above Earth
Posted: 7/17/2009 3:46:54 PM
* Walks out into thread *
Places hands on hips and looks around
hmmm...

Now I appreciate all the help you fellas are giving me with the raccoons, but mind, when you go off blasting away at them that you're not stepping on my FLOWERS. Y'all might wanna remember that when they were after the dog's dinner all I did was chase them out (ok, with a broom, but still). It was only once they started messin' with my flowers that things took a serious tone around here. So, don't be steppin' on my flowers in your zeal to get them critters!

(LOL, you guys are a hoot)
 ladymercury
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/29/2013 7:49:04 PM
I am so happy to have found this thread to find some support for the epic battle that just occurred in my backyard. Words cannot describe the pitch and vibration that is raccoon hissing, growling and fence-clawing. Absolutely wretched. My dog would not relent. The territorial war reached climactic proportions after several years of living somewhat harmoniously. It took my little fox-like dog nearly an hour to find peace after the debacle.

I wonder if they are still in the yard. If they have left, I wonder if they'll return.
Urban Warfare
Posted: 8/30/2013 10:41:27 AM
Oh wow. A war like this one with raccoons can be one of the worst. Those guys have to be treated less like "animals" and more like "people", in the sense that you have to stop thinking that they're not clever, spiteful, and persistent, are easily manipulated or deterred, and their little hands are like people-hands, capable of all kinds of mischief. My approach would be in the ball park of that of The Artful Codger and the like early in this thread. It truly is a war, and has to be accepted and approached as a war. If not, then you've already been defeated. But myself I'd have to take it even further -

First, you have to figure out earlier, not later, that all of the normal tactics only result in an endless escalation which doesn't bring you victory, but only drains you of time and resources continually, and results in damage still being done constantly. Second, you have to accept that this expenditure of effort and resources, and damage done, over time into the future is already going to take place, no matter what you do. Third, sometimes you have to abandon the desire to be gentle and forgiving to mother nature and other critters...sometimes it's so bad that you just have to put your foot down and draw that line. Unless you're willing to surrender all of your gardening and potted plants and dog's food and territory, and accept them as permanent companions in your yard and house.

I could dream up a few strategies, but this one is just off of the top of my head for the moment:

1 - Realize that you're already going to spend money and time, and suffer damage, indefinately into the future. So, spend the money and time, but take control of how you do so, focusing it, and implement the following.

2 - Establish a space in the house, basement, barn, etc, where you could keep and maintain a lot of animals in minimal conditions, with ventilation for smell, with no problems from the noise, and such that any human-authorities wouldn't become aware of it and be compelled to impose any codes or ordinances.

3 - Buy or build a big cage that can hold dozens of racoons, and which is truly inescapable by racoons considering their abilities. Or a few dozen individual such cages. Place this/these cage(s) in the space you've established. Include the feature of it being raised from the floor with a bottom that allows feces to fall through onto a removable platform. And, find out some kind of (?wild) food for them, other than any kind of people or dog food, something at least a little different than what they're rewarded with when raiding people-spaces, and acquire a bit of this in bulk.

4- Begin a series of trapping missions, and be willing to plan for spending time executing these missions in person. Done via a few stages, accounting for the fact that they'll progressively wise-up to your trapping actions and methods. Improvised traps with your trash can, conventional ones, a big net on the ground, a tranquilizing gun, food with tranquilizer in it, and even eventually luring them into your house while it seems that no humans are present, using a whole room as a trap for several at a time.

5 - Upon catching them, imprision these critters in the space you've established. At some point, when you have as many as you can handle, hopefully a LOT of them, there may either still be a few left in the "wild" in the general vicinity of your yard, or the population-vacuum that you've created will tend to be partially filled from wider ranges...be ready to take conventional but very drastic and hard-hitting measures against these.

6 - Keep the critters in your cage(s) for a good while, and treat them a certain way. Fill the room/space, outside of the cages and out of racoon-arm's reach, everything that you can think of that you'd have in your yard...potted plants, yard ornaments, dog food bowls, dog food with it's smell, a people-trashcan and a variety of people-trash with it's associated smells, lawn furniture, etc. Periodically abuse them and terrorize them. Often enter the room, and spend time there, yelling at them, banging on the cage(s) at random, squirting them with water which either has a lot of pressure, or is mixed with something that isn't pleasant. Shoot them with paintball guns. Throw lit firecrackers into the cage(s). Urinate on them. Set up a sound-system in the space which, while you're not present, randomly plays loud obnoxious noise at obnoxious frequencies. Two or three times during the hosting of your racoon-guests, enter the room and don't do anything at all, no sound and no actions, just sit there silently staring at all of them for up to an hour, relentlessly, enjoying a meal or drink or cigarette. If during this time, you're able to observe from their body language that certain ones are trying to express a rebelious attitude, shoot him/them with a paintball gun at high pressure, or do something else similar. At some point, drop a collection of people food, dog food, enticing garbage, etc, into one spot in the middle of the cage. Plan to spend a lot of time there. Whenever anyone comes close to this offering, fire high-pressure paintball shots at them. Have a lot of ammo ready ahead of time. Be merciless. (have some way to remove this offering later)

7 - (Community cage versus individual cages. Individual cages might tend to break some of their team-work personality, isolating them from each other. Conversely, a community cage might serve to make them irritated at being around each other and fight some among themselves. I don't know which would be more effective for this, or any other goal.)

8 - Try to balance how you execute all of this, not wanting to traumatize them beyond a certain point, but making sure to err on the side of obtaining the desired effect.

9 - After you've hosted the little **stards for quite a while, when you're reasonably sure that you've pretty solidly "trained" or "rehabilitated" or "conditioned" them, it's time for their release. Where and how you release them, in a screen-door-hitting-them-in-the-arse-on-their-way-out type of way, depends on A) If you get the impression that racoon psychology is so unbreakable that you're just compelling them for an act of revenge the likes of which humans have never seen, or B) You need them back where you got them, the general vicinity of your own house, to displace any population the might be trying to immigrate in their absence so that you're not dealing with the same problem all over again.
 ladymercury
Msg: 18
Urban Warfare
Posted: 8/30/2013 4:24:58 PM
Um, thanks for that drink, but I will not be caging any of these little beasts in my home. It definitely sounds like an interesting proposition and, along these lines, a city ordinance would probably be placed on my head if anyone got wind of it. Seriously. And that sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine ever hearing that again. Clawing at cages in my home would drive me absolutely nuts.

My dog was making her to the fence after work today and I'm wondering what the night will bring. I can't even muster the courage to see if there's any damage to the fence. I'm sure to see claw marks, if anything.

One of my co-workers today suggested I fix my dad's old pellet gun and give them a shot or two in some fatty tissue to show them I mean business. That or shoot them altogether with a .22 ... not too sure about that either, as I live in a heavily urbanized area.

Hmph. Guess tonight will be telling. Not so sure that I'm ready for it though ...
 ladymercury
Msg: 19
Urban Warfare
Posted: 8/30/2013 5:19:57 PM
If I lived in a semi-rural area and they were just visiting to see what they could find cowboy, I'd probably be alright with that. In my kitchen sink? Um, not possible. That's not to say I'm not totally amazed by them, because I am. I recall a time maybe two years ago ... several raccoons popping their heads out of the tiniest of windows in an old derelict garage also in my backyard. Perhaps it's a temporary home for them ... kinda of like a little motel. I'm not sure.

It is starting to get dark here now so the time to hunt is soon. And my dog Sage has certainly put to the test who's territory is whose, so I can't even suggest they would be happy given the night they had last night.

Hmph, only time will tell.

I'd love to know how Margo faired out with her brood ...
 ladymercury
Msg: 20
Urban Warfare
Posted: 8/30/2013 6:51:09 PM
I'm strangely imagining a raccoon running it's fingers through my hair and wondering how on earth that would ever fly. I still have a bit of a tough time understanding life through dog companionship, let alone another wonderful creature that is so skillful it could probably shake my hand and give me a wink. Just, plain odd.
Urban Warfare
Posted: 8/31/2013 9:57:47 AM
^ hehe (tongue in cheek)

Yea, from talking to someone who raises coons for pets, they are very unique and fascinating pets, and some find that they love how they talk, but you have to design your life and home around the fact that they can get into anything with their hands and cleverness, even more so than a child. And it never changes. As he ^ said, they never "grow up".
 ladymercury
Msg: 22
Urban Warfare
Posted: 8/31/2013 1:40:39 PM
Well, nothing to speak of last night so I'm guessing the raccoon crew decided to find a new motel. Which is altogether fine by me. I was lucky to have a tree full of starlings this morning though, that was nice. Chatty little birds they are.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Losing ground to SPITEFUL Raccoons