Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DocElffington
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The curse of the Asian Persuasion.Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Well, their food is awesome!

I'd be drooling too, if she knew how to cook!
 AwP
Msg: 4
view profile
History
The curse of the Asian Persuasion.
Posted: 7/15/2009 3:01:16 PM
I dated an Asian girl once and I didn't have that problem at all, maybe it's just your friends.
 _Paradoximus_Maximus
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/15/2009 7:25:51 PM
Based on my experience it is one of the greatest myths that Asian women are in any way more "docile or old-world" than any other demographic. You need to expand your circle of friends. This almost sounds like one of those outdated WWII "they all look alike" running gag lines....
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2009 12:51:43 AM
it's not just asians. i once dated a white girl and now all my friends think of me as the 'white' guy.
 DocElffington
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2009 7:30:59 AM
Well, I ate a big azz salad last night.

Hopefully that doesn't put me in one of those "THAT guy" categories!
 thwipp89
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2009 9:40:36 AM
seems like a lot of guys have a thing for asians but for the most part, asian women don't do much for me physically-speaking (there are exceptions to the rule, however). generally, they're very petite and i like me some booty, boobs and hips (w/small waist). latin women- now that's god's gift to man (imo)!
 Boots168
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 11:11:32 AM
As Asian women are generally more subservient than American women, I'd just think you were interested in someone you could push around ...

Obviously you have not met enough Asian women to have such made such a sweeping assumption ...
 scorpiomover
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 1:03:29 PM
Can we say generalisation?

I don't get the Asian thing. I know a few guys who like Asian girls, and they go on about them like no tomorrow. Personally, not all that bothered. The odd one or two I'm attracted to, but that's about it.

Mind you, I know guys who are that way about meat. They eat it almost every day, and can't seem to comprehend how anyone doesn't want to inject meat in their veins.
 leanco
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 10:15:53 PM

... I have spent a lot of my working life in Asian countries and I can assure you that Asian woman are much more controlling than most races I have lived amongst.

The difference is they use their intelligence to get things done. Ever heard the phrase "those inscrutable Orientals?" No guesses why the Asian populace et al, captures that reality. They are natural born negotiators and way more subtle than a good percentage of the petulant, I want it now, narcissistic women of the Caucasian world.

You are absolutely spot on! The man in a traditional family has the prestige of being the head of the household, but the real power is often in the hands of his wife. If you want something done, you'd be best served to go to her and gain her favor. They are indeed natural born negotiators, who can work you over without your even suspecting.

The perception that Asian women being subservient and meek works to their advantage very well.
 Vannili
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 12:41:09 AM
,,, and any time you're out with our friends and and asian girl walks by they'll immediately look at you expectantly,hoping to catch you drooling.
*It's just funny. Who knows what I'm talking about?*
( please note... I'm sure there are pllenty of you Asian Persuasion guys out there. For the record,y'all are some creepy** stards...)

I am an Asian Filipina,~~~~~~ that's correct, it is funny and I have no idea what you are talking about either, I don't expect men drooling at me if I walk by for the reason I am not a meat and the men are not wolfdogs... Just for the record..

Some men who likes Asian women are creepy **stard ???? Whew! You seem to have a flu,have you taken an Advil pills ? Flu in the brain is fatal than swine flu, so take care.

The curse of the Asian Persuasion is a title of a comedy show.... lol
 Vannili
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 1:30:44 AM
As Asian women are generally more subservient than American, I'd just think you were interested in someone you could push around...

I beg your pardon , it is because we are nice, sweet ,kind and loving and we DON'T yell a man is j*rk or any name IN HIS FACE ,they can push us around ???? I don't know where you got that impression.. I've observed so many abused women, they are tall and big but they don't even know how to defend their self ..... Our company collect food donation during Christmas time from us employees to give to some women abused shelters.. We don't have abused women shelter in Asia

For the record, we Asian women knows how to *defend our self *and we know how to make our man docile. Yes I mean" docileee".. Divorce is not common to Asian women...
 sashimiboy
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/1/2009 11:58:07 AM
balloon boy couple is the perfect example of a domineering white husband and subservient asian wife
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >