Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 84
So he has been in prison so what right?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
he's a loser. dump him. kick his azz to the curb...fast.

his next victim may be YOU
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 85
So he has been in prison so what right?
Posted: 7/17/2009 8:29:11 PM

its not about him being a bad boy its deeper than that he is a good guy........ we all make mistakes.

You have to be kidding, right? Mistakes? Putting on a black sock with a dark blue sock - THAT is a mistake. Home invasion? You're joking, right. He is a good guy? Lady. Wake up and smell the coffee. Good guys don't go to prison.
 sweetb2006
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/17/2009 8:59:52 PM

BY your logic....everyone, who has ever made a mistake in their youth, should be not forgiven. you pass judgment on a man that you do not know

who could be made up, by a 44 year old man pretending to be a 22 year old girl

Same thought crossed my mind & if that's the case, or not for that matter! I would like to personally thank the OP...

Again. None of you even know him...she admittedly barely knows him herself.
She should get to know him...just as Anyone should get to know anyone.

tommy63
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/17/2009 9:47:45 PM
ok heres the deal every one deserves a second chance i notice all these blogs are all very negative my god he who is without sin cast the first stone there must be alot of angels on the site,all the best aligirl if you are into this guy i say give it a shot go for it,as for telling your folks what they dont know wont hurt them its no ones buisness....
 airconditioninthesummer
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/18/2009 1:26:28 AM

.looking for advice on that not if he is a good guy or not.....

i do believe people can change. did not Obama once say " if your brother has wronged you, do not forgive him 7 times but 77 times?"

now, if your parents support you 100 %, perhaps it's time to flap your wings, move out and support yourself 100%. that way, you're in control of your life. and when you feel the time is right, you can tell your parents of his learning-experienced past. by that time, you two would have been together for more then 2 years and your parents would have already met him.
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/18/2009 2:22:26 AM

I see the individuals, that seem to think that it is a revolving door... They leave, they come back....they leave, they come back....they leave, they...... does anyone else recognize the pattern here.

sugar62law. I don't envy you. That's a hellova tough job. You're so right. The recidivism rate, I think, ranges from 60% to 80% depending on the nature of the crime. They are NOT taught to get better in prison. They're taught how to defend themselves and survive...hopefully.

How many jail personnel go to prison for asking for sexual favors from women at facilities for trades? (Deoderant, gum, shampoo.) None.

apainlessend you're missing the whole point. Sex and pot crimes (absent violence) are nowhere nearly as violent as breaking into someone's home. THAT is a crime of violence and your argument against prosecution of drug and consensual sex cases is a completely different issue even though I agree with it. Here, however, you're comparing apples to oranges. It won't fly.

How many cops take their childhood agenda's into their profession, and have the innocent Joe American take it on the chin for them to make up for what happened to them in highschool?

Generalizations? I'm absolutely certain some do and some don't. But what's that got to do with the price of fish?

When you are told you are worthless every fukcing day, and are treated as such, you begin believing it.

And worse. You start acting that way.

And lastly, this man is out. If you are still judging him, then you have some deep seated issues you need to work out on your own.

I'm not judging him. I'm advising HER!!

I mean, come on....don't our tax dollars pay you to make these men decent humans?

SEE ABOVE.
 MissNoWhere
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/18/2009 9:56:28 AM
I have to say this... y'all are killing my sides from laughing so hard at some of the comments.

I want to throw in my 2 cents (with taxes it's worth about 1/2 of a cent).

My ex husband is a convicted felon. His career now is working at a convenience store making just a touch over minimum wage - he used to be a programmer/analyst pulling a heck of a lot more than maybe 9 bucks an hour. When he was being investigated for his crime(s), they didn't just investigate him, they investigated everyone associated with him (family, friends, coworkers, neighbors). That means they did background checks on all of us, ran our plates, watched our house to see who came and went. Anytime his pre-trial officer wanted, she would stop by the house and demand to be let in. As a condition of his release he had to let this woman in my home. She went through everything, my drawers (including my underwear drawers), my children's rooms, every nook and cranny looking for evidence that he was up to no good.

When he was convicted he was given time to put his affairs in order. He asked me to drive him to the prison (fed pen) in the middle of the desert in California. I declined and dropped him off at the Marshall's office with 50 bucks to see him through and ran like hell away from him and his issues. He spent his time in prison, got out and went to a halfway house for the first 30 days post-prison. He then went to Texas because I refused to allow him back in my home. The invasion of my privacy and my childrens privacy was too much to bear.

I have a working relationship with his probation officer in Texas. He is not allowed to travel to Washington for at least another 3 years because of his behavior and threats to me (control and manipulation and oh my gosh, so much anger). He is not allowed to use a computer to communicate with me. He requested he be allowed to travel to Washington, but his behavior was becoming erratic and therefore he has now had to undergo a year of random drug tests, psychiatric treatment and is not allowed to travel. He admits he's still mad as heck with me. He told me once when I divorced him I would pay, and I have paid, but the freedom I got was totally worth it.

The OP doesn't realize what she's in for. The least of her worries are her parents. But what do I know...
 Jwill5502
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:01:25 AM
The past means nothing.
 gtomustang
Msg: 99
Posted: 7/25/2009 9:27:08 AM
Your parents are overprotective, and you're dating someone who would give them a heart attack....

anyone want to analyze just this statement? anyone?

If you're being supported 100% financially, WHY do you want to screw that up?

Answer, honestly to yourself, these two questions.

From that, you will find the answer. Everything else in your post doesn't matter. Yes, people can change. People make mistakes. But really, focus on the two questions I posted rhetorically above.
 LOVESTRUCK_wannabe
Msg: 102
Posted: 10/18/2009 5:42:22 PM
It's not so much the prison part that jumps out at me first, op. It's that he's only been out for one month so you barely know him and that does not bode well for any couple regardless of their mutual pasts.

I think it's far too early to meet the parents although you seem more concerned about simply telling them. And that begs the question about just how sure of the situation you really are within yourself -- otherwise, why bother?

The other thing that concerns me is that my nearest and dearest male friend who did seven years in prison still had issues with his experience for years after he turned his life around and never looked back.

On some level of his being he was still living there and this was indicated by some of his reactions to normal social situations.

Only time will tell if he 'changed'. But it will no doubt take a very long time before his first response in certain circumstances mirrors his stay in prison -- and whether you are going to be able to understand that.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/18/2009 8:56:41 PM
Home invasion second degree, that's a felony kiddo, he will have a felony record for the rest of his life.
He can't vote, own firearms or be around them, and it is EXTREMELY difficult to find a decent job.
If he has any work skills that is, other the what extra skills he learned in prison.
Leave it alone, there are plenty of young men without criminal record out there.
If you were my kid, I'd tell this guy to leave you alone.

Chitownguy40
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/18/2009 9:47:07 PM
Sorry, but your parents have every right to be concerned. Home invasion is a violent crime. What is the matter with you?
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 10:17:50 PM
Hate to break the news to you but amazing men don't violate other people's privacy and break into their homes.Con men however can be quiet amazing.
 startle
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/19/2009 6:05:12 AM
please girl...where are your standards...is it anyone who will have you...get out now...and don't be surprised if you see his dark side when you try to get out...run, don't walk...this is trouble ...and deep in your heart you know it..you can do better...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >