Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Womens hairPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'm having mine cut tomorrow, it's going from below my shoulder blades to just above my shoulders... I'm finding longer hair is making my face look longer and makes me look tired...

I'm very nervous though...

I'm having a fringe put in to hide the wrinkles too!!

So ermmm... In answer to the OP... Yeah probably, for some women... Lorraine Chase always looked good with ultra long hair though didn't she? Not seen a photo of her recently,so not sure if it still holds true...
 Samantha44
Msg: 22
Womens hair
Posted: 7/17/2009 8:21:21 AM
When woman get older few can carry off long hair past their shoulders, woman's long hair is like being over weight.....they just don't see what the rest of us see. I have never understood the attachment woman have to their hair "its HAIR, it GROWS" !!! One does not have to look far into POF to see the ones that are stuck in their youth because they have never changed their hairstyle...EVER!!! and it really shows because now they are 20-30 years older and look silly and older. When a make over is done on a woman it is usually the color and cut that has the hugest effect on her appearance typically by 5-10 years younger.....nothing wrong with being current and in the times.

To th men that think long hair is feminine some of the sexiest and most feminine woman in Hollywood have short hair.

When I was younger I had the most beautiful long blonde wavy healthy hair when I decided to step out of the box and go Halle Berry short people were like are you crazy you have beautiful hair why cut it, I said it was time for something different. I've been short ever since, maybe not quite as short as that now but still very short for most.

justwant2no
Msg: 35
Womens hair
Posted: 7/17/2009 10:23:12 AM
My hair is below my shoulders and every time I mention cutting it, my bf tells me 'NO! I love your hair!' (And I'm 47!) I'm fine with it either way, so if he likes it long, so be it.
 electric-gypsy
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Womens hair
Posted: 7/17/2009 4:44:57 PM
My hair is 14 inches long, a combination of my own and very expensive extensions. I am 40. No way am I going short. I love my hair. It makes me feel feminine and i dont care if i am too old to have it so long. There is nothing better than having my hair freshly washed, all soft and smelling of my fave perfume. So there.

I'm with SJXX on this one. My hair is long(ish) and people always comment (favorably) on it. It makes me look younger and feel sexy, so no way I'm shearing my auburn locks just 'cuz I'm over 40! B*llocks to that. Besides, I need something to swing around at those Whitesnake comeback gigs.
 cassie the kitten
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Womens hair
Posted: 7/18/2009 12:19:10 AM
You lucky ladies! My hair is very fine and I cann't grow it past my shoulders coz it looks awful! So I have it red and short and I have to accept that I will never have lovely long locks!
 TucsonPug
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Womens hair
Posted: 7/22/2015 5:52:57 AM
How old is old?
How long is long?
I currently have a long bob it reaches my shoulders and I'm 60 nearly 61 and it needs cutting, not cos it's too long, well the fringe is I'll need a guide dog soon but the ends need to go. So when it's cut it will be about an inch above my shoulder, it's not short but it's not long either.
Up till last year it was about 6 inches longer, I think having those 6 inches off made me look younger, having an actual style as opposed to a mop is good too.
I've had very short hair and very long hair and what ages you is lack of style, lack of condition and shine. Straggly hair is nasty, crinkly hair is horrid so get your straighteners out.
Colour is a funny one because we're frequently told to go lighter with age, I don't like lighter. I'm naturally dark if you ignore the grey and lighter never suits my skin tone. I've actually gone darker this year and love it.
Anyway it's my hair and as long as I'm happy who cares what others think.
 billybonds
Msg: 56
Womens hair
Posted: 7/25/2015 2:13:41 AM
Ignore her Billy, I do and I will, she's a jumped up part time forumiser whose only aim in this life is
to disturb your earnest and noble brow with her cynicism.

It's long hair every day of the week for me. Dye ? ? Hell yeah. I think a woman who looks after
herself in her dotage is great. Can't stand ladies who don't. I detest thick shiny grey rancid decaying bobs.
Abhor the new bubble headed look too. Is there any mutton in Norfolk ? I wouldn't know or care.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Womens hair
Posted: 7/25/2015 3:22:07 AM
Oh well take me out and shoot me cos I've been dying my hair since the age of 13 so it's hardly age related. Jeez we'll be advocating hairy chins next wtf is that about. Looking after yourself can never be a bad thing,
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Womens hair
Posted: 7/25/2015 4:04:06 AM
My friend likes the hairy German look, he even persuaded his wife to stop shaving her underarm hair. Yuk.

Slightly off topic but the thing I dislike about summer is men wearing skimpy vests. Oooooh, underarm sweaty hair in the same shop as me. Double yuk.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Womens hair
Posted: 7/25/2015 4:54:11 AM
Hairy pits Yuk is right
I really don't think people having long hair, short hair, coloured hair has anything to do with trying to look younger at all it's about maximising the positives, dunno where the mutton and lamb comes into it at all tbh and it certainly didn't apply to me at 13 lol.
If you can't be faffed with dyeing where does that leave waxing etc cos that not only takes time it's painful but who wants to be hairy?
Some things are just worth the effort.
I think when I'm ancient lol that'll be next year then I might like the silver fox look, short sleek hair style, style being the word and glory in my ancient status lol but ain't giving up on looking and feeling good till I'm dead.
 Siestabeachlover
Msg: 63
Womens hair
Posted: 8/3/2015 6:07:08 PM
Women should wear their hair however they want , men should have a beard or bald or whatever. If you don't like my look, move on. Superficial people are clueless.
 KismetisKing
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Womens hair
Posted: 8/20/2015 1:55:54 PM
Having actually fitted hair extensions in their heyday (or should that be hairday?) I find that women with extensions absolutely hate it when I asked them how long they'd had them. In fact they got quite hostile...so I ask it more often!

PS: Why do blonde haired women dye their roots that darker shade??
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >