Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladyc4
Msg: 37
Underwear - The New Relationship Indicator?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Who the hell CARES?
Jaysus H Keerist! It's UNDERWEAR,people!
Provided it isn't ripped to shreds, crusty, moldy, or has skid marks,who cares.
Commando? that's fine too, provided he don't get chafed or pinch poor Willy in the zipper...
Snoop in a guy's underwear drawer? Did I miss a memo somewhere? Why in the world would I do that?
Cindy O
 miska1
Msg: 38
Underwear - The New Relationship Indicator?
Posted: 7/19/2009 3:59:08 PM
Somebody needs to be poked with the humor stick
 jadegreen
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2009 6:20:29 PM
All I can say is ...I hope not...
 HazelRose
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/19/2009 6:33:29 PM
I kind of feel bad for guys and their undie woes. Women get free underwear every other month from Victoria Secret, so maybe there should be a Victor's Secret! LOL On second thought, it may smell like a gym after a while.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/19/2009 7:05:31 PM
OP: If a man wears holey/stained/thread bare undies he is probably not much for detail(s), lazy (can't go and buy new ones?!) and does not take care of himself. Therefore, in terms of this analogy; I would say that he leaves very little to be desired in a partner, and appears to not be happy with his person. Stay away from this bum! lol

Commando sounds like a free-spirit who is ready to "conquer". He's ready, willing and able..............Thus, he's probably "flying by the seat of his pants", will rise to the occasion, and enjoys/thrives on challenges. He may be an adventurous partner, unconventional, fun to be around, but will probably be most compatible with someone such as himself. He will keep you on your toes, but can one "tame" him...... lol

Tightie whities sounds like a Momma's boy, who needs to grow some cojones before he contemplates dating a WOMAN. Will probably allow his Momma to dictate who he dates and their lives. Definitely not someone I would date! lol

New/crisp/fresh undies sounds like a man who is uptight, perfectionist and extremely picky about who he dates. He has his mind set on the type of woman he wants and will not budge from his thought of the "perfect woman". Dating him would be like "walking on egg shells" as you would have to keep that "perfect" image with him at all times.

Fun thread, OP!

DISCLAIMER: This post of mine is for entertainment purposes ONLY.

ADDENDUM: How does one go about finding out what type of man we have? Hmmm.....In a "perfect" world; tell him to drop 'em, and then you "kill two birds with one stone"!!!! ;-)
 privat33r
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2009 11:34:48 PM
OP, it is a good question even if the girls provided excellent off-topic info about their preferences rather than evaluations of what they find on the floor.

I suspect dating involves replacing underwear regularly with not quite the cheapest models. Certainly the line, "I've briefs older than you and they give me more satisfaction" is never ever funny or appropriate.
 jadegreen
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2009 9:38:27 AM
Basically all it's gotta be is clean and in good condition...the outside packaging is not as important as the content and the heart of the man...A man with no heart with great boxers or briefs and fantastic abs is not so fascinating to me if he don't have a good heart to go with it....If he is vain with no heart I kinda don't get excited about it....

I'm kinda practical lady...I don't waste my money on georgeous underwear to wear to work? or for my daily activities...I have some for "special occassions"...the person that spends all their time and money making sure they are prepared to drop their pants and "go at it" and look so desirable.... may starve in my opinion...especially in this economy we have today....
 ladyc4
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/20/2009 4:38:03 PM

Somebody needs to be poked with the humor stick

Dude, I AM the humor stick!

I was ROTFLMAO when I wrote that post...now Adventures in Modern Dating requires us to evaluate a romantic prospect based on his UNDERWEAR?

As long as it's clean and it ain't fallin' off his ass because the elastic in the waistband is shot, I think I'd prefer to judge a guy on the content of his character, not the style of his undershorts.
Oh, one other thing...please Lord spare me from dating a man who starches and irons his Fruit of the Looms...
Cindy O
 heterotic
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/22/2009 10:59:47 PM
Different underwear choices are often completely irrelevant.

For example, I had a roommate that went commando all of the time. Before, you say "What a skank," or "That's hot," know that she rarely did laundry, and did so only long after she ran out of clothes. She didn't wear any underwear because she didn't have any clean pairs.
 GJBrown
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/25/2013 12:18:25 PM
I'm Commando during the weekend!
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/25/2013 1:49:08 PM
I don't care what kind as long as they're neat and clean.
 sigungq
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2013 6:27:07 PM
Now HERE'S a thread that brought the women out of the woodwork!
 elmuchoburrito
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/25/2013 7:50:20 PM
clean socks and underwear - if you have ever been out in the field and stuck in some damn off grid shiat-hole for days on end you will always pay for clean underwear and socks - no matter what the budget looks like.

More to the point, if you have ever bought new rather than do laundry .... you might be a bachelor. ;)
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/25/2013 7:59:25 PM
Ahhhhh, there's nothing like a good pair of boxer-briefs on a man....Jockey, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, Calvin Klein, you name it....
 rosewood_girl
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/28/2013 4:24:47 PM
Men usually wear boxer briefs. Its more for comfort for their junk and I don't think it describes what kind of relationship he is in. More like if he is a clean person. Now a severely depressed person would more than likely not shower or care about their appearance, but a man like that usually won't be looking for a potential mate.
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/30/2014 7:28:21 PM
I feel like the banana hammock isn't getting enough love in this thread
 sigungq
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2014 6:31:51 PM

Psssst wrote:

I would think that if a man was going commando, that he was definately ready to take on something!!!

No, when I'm ready to take on "something", I wear a strap and a cup.
 notjesus
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/2/2014 9:58:45 PM
I started a Panties thread here like 6 years ago that's probably still floating around.

But I think ladies put a lot more thought into it than guys.

The long and short of this is that we all could use some beautiful and practical ladies in our life to tell us when to throw out our old underwear. Mom stopped doing that years ago.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 76
Posted: 4/5/2014 7:58:36 PM
haha what a funny thread!

I do pay attention to things like undies. I like to guess briefs or skivvies, boxers...etc. I know what you mean about the "tidiness" of the underwear thing. I make sure I am at my best if the night is most likely to end in revealing anything-you want to look well turned out.

Oh man. I had one situation where I met a guy who I actually ended up dating for about three months. He was very into uh...how do I put this. Being "stimulated" back there, moreso than the average guy. I remember for our first big night he did a sort of strip tease thing and dropped his pants, revealing rather saggy, ill fitting undies. I was thinking to myself if he's so into his own butt, why the HECK would you not dress it up to it's finest at this of all times? When yer stickin' it someone's face and gyratin' around. Maybe he got a kick out of the drawers being saggy and old, I don't know, it's just one of those wacky things in life.

Good grief.
 Ainen
Msg: 77
Posted: 4/6/2014 7:22:44 AM
If he wears briefs and she wants him to wear boxers or go commando, she might be eager to have his baby.

I remember in college, an aggressive, horny girl asked me what I wore. Then she tried to rationalize it by saying the thing about conception chances. As if I'd never heard that before.

One reason men wear the same for years: nowadays the waist sizes are 4 inches apart. 32-34, then 36-38, etc. If you have a 34.5" waist, the 32-34 is too tight until the elastic eases, but the 36-38 is baggy. Better to wear ancient pairs back when they had 32, 34, 36, etc.

A typical question in the "are you gay?" test is if you've ever bought an individual pair, that's gay. The typical straight man buys a multi-pack every 2-3 years, while he's already in the store to buy other items, likely it's on sale, and the colors are ordinary.

Women have a reputation for throwing away their underwear when a relationship ends, buying all new. Men hold on to the same clothes regardless of relationship status.

Men who wear swimming trunks or running shorts under our jeans are spontaneous and think ahead, prepared for possible active events.
Posted: 4/6/2014 10:20:19 AM
Oh holy hell, what a crazy azzed subject. Making us imagine guys wearing saggy worn out undies with holes in them. Ugh.

I guess I'm backwards in one way at least...If I'm having "rough times", my undies and socks are still the first thing I replace occasionally. Love new ones that fit well and look spiffy. I'd rather wear some pants or shirt longer, they're not so bad if old, but worn out undies and socks are just eeww. I can't stand wearing undies that don't fit well because of being old or having any holes or threadbareness at all. Forget making myself presentable to a woman, I can't stand that my own self. Feels nasty, and isn't comfortable.
 cotter
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2014 5:14:23 PM

... men’s underwear as a signifier of the economic shift.
I wonder if the same applies to women?

Making us imagine guys wearing saggy worn out undies with holes in them.
What if it was turned around ... and you had to imagine gals wearing saggy worn out undies with holes in them. I wonder ... would it still be "Ugh"?

Okay maybe it would, but I bet it would still be different.

Either way ... still a funny topic ...
Posted: 4/6/2014 6:00:47 PM
^ Yes. Definately still ugh. How in hell could you imagine otherwise? A girl's panties all worn out, saggy, threadbare and holes, etc?
 mungojoe
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/6/2014 6:05:06 PM

Okay maybe it would, but I bet it would still be different.

Of course it would be different... Where the holes were would make a big difference... And would be cheaper than Victoria's Secret...

For a guy it has win-win potential...
 cotter
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2014 7:01:15 PM
I was thinking if I kept my underwear long enough it would come back in style ...

Just keep the elastic and a thin strip of the worn out butt area ... crotch still intact ... and voilà, we have the start of a thong?

Not sure how that would work for a man, but I'd probably be willing to at least take a peek ... mind you, just so I could render an opinion.

Skid marks in anyone's underwear tells me someone may not have learned how to wipe properly ... or just can no longer reach that area. In either case, I think it would be best if they keep their underwear on ... no matter how decrepit it might be.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >