Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 76
Underwear - The New Relationship Indicator?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
haha what a funny thread!

I do pay attention to things like undies. I like to guess briefs or skivvies, boxers...etc. I know what you mean about the "tidiness" of the underwear thing. I make sure I am at my best if the night is most likely to end in revealing anything-you want to look well turned out.

Oh man. I had one situation where I met a guy who I actually ended up dating for about three months. He was very into uh...how do I put this. Being "stimulated" back there, moreso than the average guy. I remember for our first big night he did a sort of strip tease thing and dropped his pants, revealing rather saggy, ill fitting undies. I was thinking to myself if he's so into his own butt, why the HECK would you not dress it up to it's finest at this of all times? When yer stickin' it someone's face and gyratin' around. Maybe he got a kick out of the drawers being saggy and old, I don't know, it's just one of those wacky things in life.

Good grief.
 Ainen
Msg: 77
Underwear - The New Relationship Indicator?
Posted: 4/6/2014 7:22:44 AM
If he wears briefs and she wants him to wear boxers or go commando, she might be eager to have his baby.

I remember in college, an aggressive, horny girl asked me what I wore. Then she tried to rationalize it by saying the thing about conception chances. As if I'd never heard that before.

One reason men wear the same for years: nowadays the waist sizes are 4 inches apart. 32-34, then 36-38, etc. If you have a 34.5" waist, the 32-34 is too tight until the elastic eases, but the 36-38 is baggy. Better to wear ancient pairs back when they had 32, 34, 36, etc.

A typical question in the "are you gay?" test is if you've ever bought an individual pair, that's gay. The typical straight man buys a multi-pack every 2-3 years, while he's already in the store to buy other items, likely it's on sale, and the colors are ordinary.

Women have a reputation for throwing away their underwear when a relationship ends, buying all new. Men hold on to the same clothes regardless of relationship status.

Men who wear swimming trunks or running shorts under our jeans are spontaneous and think ahead, prepared for possible active events.
Posted: 4/6/2014 10:20:19 AM
Oh holy hell, what a crazy azzed subject. Making us imagine guys wearing saggy worn out undies with holes in them. Ugh.

I guess I'm backwards in one way at least...If I'm having "rough times", my undies and socks are still the first thing I replace occasionally. Love new ones that fit well and look spiffy. I'd rather wear some pants or shirt longer, they're not so bad if old, but worn out undies and socks are just eeww. I can't stand wearing undies that don't fit well because of being old or having any holes or threadbareness at all. Forget making myself presentable to a woman, I can't stand that my own self. Feels nasty, and isn't comfortable.
 cotter
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2014 5:14:23 PM

... men’s underwear as a signifier of the economic shift.
I wonder if the same applies to women?

Making us imagine guys wearing saggy worn out undies with holes in them.
What if it was turned around ... and you had to imagine gals wearing saggy worn out undies with holes in them. I wonder ... would it still be "Ugh"?

Okay maybe it would, but I bet it would still be different.

Either way ... still a funny topic ...
Posted: 4/6/2014 6:00:47 PM
^ Yes. Definately still ugh. How in hell could you imagine otherwise? A girl's panties all worn out, saggy, threadbare and holes, etc?
 mungojoe
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/6/2014 6:05:06 PM

Okay maybe it would, but I bet it would still be different.

Of course it would be different... Where the holes were would make a big difference... And would be cheaper than Victoria's Secret...

For a guy it has win-win potential...
 cotter
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2014 7:01:15 PM
I was thinking if I kept my underwear long enough it would come back in style ...

Just keep the elastic and a thin strip of the worn out butt area ... crotch still intact ... and voilà, we have the start of a thong?

Not sure how that would work for a man, but I'd probably be willing to at least take a peek ... mind you, just so I could render an opinion.

Skid marks in anyone's underwear tells me someone may not have learned how to wipe properly ... or just can no longer reach that area. In either case, I think it would be best if they keep their underwear on ... no matter how decrepit it might be.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >