Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dakota5369
Msg: 36
Why is it when a guy likes thick girls, its a fetish, but not when he likes skinny girls?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
oxo, if you would have read my first post i asked why was it not ok when thin girls did that, but it was ok for "big-boned" women too. everyone has there own opinion of what they look like. as for you sweet, you do not even answer any comment i make, you just are convinced that i am personally attacking you. like i said, it all goes back to self-esteem that you "claim" to have. read back through my posts and if you are honest with yourself, you wil see that you are arguing with yourself!
 dakota5369
Msg: 38
Why is it when a guy likes thick girls, its a fetish, but not when he likes skinny girls?
Posted: 7/7/2005 7:05:03 PM
actually, the second part of my comment was directed to sweetkristine, not you. as for the first part, i NEVER said it upset me that thin girls can't say that, i just asked why they can't when big girls usually refer to themselves as bbw.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 39
Why is it when a guy likes thick girls, its a fetish, but not when he likes skinny girls?
Posted: 7/7/2005 7:08:19 PM
anyone can refer to themselves as beautiful no matter their size...why dont you just let it drop already..you dont like big girls..point made...no need to keep kicking a dead horse
 1ladyjewl
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/7/2005 7:37:17 PM
I don't call myself a BBW. I call myself overweight. Never even heard of BBW till I came online. I had originally put "a few extra pounds" under body type but changed it to BBW because I am more than "a few extrra pounds". THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION FOR ME!!!!

As for the topic at hand... I don't know the answer to that question...All I know is my man loves me for ME not my fat and he wouldn't love me any more or less if I gained or lost weight. He would be concerned,sure. As for the men that will only date thin women.. Good for you,knock yourself out. No need for name calling,insulting and arguing. No need for Assuming that people are fat or skinny because they don't take care of themselves.

As for all women Thin/fat/short/tall ...feel sexy...be sexy....Love yourself
 moreis25
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/10/2005 4:58:41 AM
S FOR A THICK GIRL

I remember when i had sex with a thick woman and not fat, you mite think this is funny you know, but, when we were getting ready to have sex, i came up from behind her you know getting ready to give it to her doggy stile, like she likes it, will on one of the times she backed up on me so hard and so fast that, she thru me so far away from her, that i landed in the trash can by the bed. will what happened to me next is that i got stock in the trash and it took me a wile to get out, wile she was laughing at me, but, dam, sorry, never again.

Oh yeah, and most but “not all”, big girls like, to dominate in there home and not be dominated
with big girls there's no 50, 50, there's only there way are the hi waye.

And as for sex, i would be so lucky to get it 2 or 3 times a year, forget that kind of dominating and mean woman, you see thats why i'm looking for someone not so dominating and mean to me.

SKINNY MEN FOR A REALLY THICK WOMEN IS NOT A GOOD MATCH ON LES YOU LIKE TO BE DOMINATED.

SKINNY MEN to SKINNY WOMEN, is GOOD

SKINNY MEN to THICK WOMEN, now this may or may not be so GOOD ON LES YOU LIKE TO BE DOMINATED BY YOUR WOMAN.

THICK MEN to SKINNY WOMEN now this may or may not be so GOOD ON LES YOU LIKE TO BE DOMINATED BY YOUR MAN.

NOW REMEMBER WOMEN THE MOST MEN REBEL AGAINST THERE MOTHER'S
THATS WHY MOST MOST MEN DON'T LIKE TO BE DOMINATED
NOW THERE ONLY ABOUT 15% OUT OF 100 MEN THAT DO LIKE TO BE DOMINATED IN EVERY THING FROM HOME TO BED. AND 85% OUT OF 100 MEN DON'T LIKE TO BE DOMINATED IN BED, HOME, OR ANY WERE AL'S.
SORRY THICK AND FAT WOMEN OUT THERE, I AM ONLY SAYING THIS, BECAUSE OF WHAT HAPPENED TO ME.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2005 4:56:35 PM
^^^ how many different times are you going to post this??

moreis25
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/15/2005 12:11:20 AM
Sorry,
but i think real life can some times be funny at times.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 48
 Uncle_J
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2005 8:25:38 PM
anorexic crack hoars arent hot. i like girls of normal weight with big tits and lots of curves. most guys dont find anorexia attractive so women stop being obsessed with weight unless ur obese dont worry about it. **** society be happy with yourself
 nappy001
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2009 3:48:32 PM
I honestly don't see people as liking a body type as a fetish. Granted, a lot of men like the typical "thin" girl, but a lot of women like the really buff guys with a washboard stomach. I don't have a body like these guys, I'm average. I don't consider myself as a "fetish" for other women and I hope women don't see me as some kind of fetish.

Me personally I don't descriminate on any kind of woman. Of course there has to be a kind of attraction. I have liked thin and thick women. If there were two attractive women in front of me and I had to choose between the 2, I would honestly choose to be with the thick woman. I love a woman with curves. But then again I am a breast man, so if you are thick or thin and you have nice breasts, you will catch my eye.

So in all honesty, I don't see a BBW as a fetish, but as a preference for a man.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/26/2009 5:49:35 PM
~OT~ Liking thick girls is a preference, not a fetish (per se.) JMO
 adc_22
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/26/2009 7:19:51 PM

i think its cuz all guys like thin girls so its considered wierd to like em chubby

This is not true at all (this was probably said a few times, but I didn't read the whole thread). It's just preference.

OK I am a big girl, but I am tired of all these big girl vs skinny girl threads. We are all just people, and reducing us to our physical aspects is as shallow as it gets.

I don't think the intention of this thread was to reduce people to just their physical aspects. That being said, physical attraction is a part of finding an s/o, some people just place more importance on it then others. I personally don't care if a girl is thick or thin (unless it is to an extreme on either end). As long as they are happy with themselves then it's all good :).

What really gets me though (and this could just be where I'm from) are these girls that are clearly over weight and list themselves as "average" or "prefer not to say". I guess it's easy to lie on the internet, but at some point you would have to assume the truth is going to come out, so why not be honest from the start. It doesn't show much character if you are so unhappy about your physical appearance that you have to be deceiving about it.
 kpooks
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2009 8:59:46 AM
Y'know what Sir Mix-a-Lot says:

"I like big BUTTS and I cannot lie...you other brothuhs can't deny..."

I like curves (a nice hourglass shape, with tiny waist and cute little boobs and bubble-butt), but globs of cellulite and rolls upon rolls of fat...it goes beyond healthy into glucose overload.

Not my thing, but I can't speak for the brothuhs from othuh mothuhs who DO like it. Might have something to do with "child-bearing hips". Or maybe a heavier woman has HUGE mammaries, which a lot of guys like. A C cup is fine for me.
 w4+zup k4+zup
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2009 4:51:38 PM
I checked your profile and you're not obese or anything in fact I think you're kinda cute. Personally I like girls who have a few curves. I'm a big guy, as in 6'4" built like a linebacker type deal, and I tend to intimidate girls by my size. Sometimes a guy likes to feel that he's not going to break a girl off when he's physical with her. That's a big attraction for me, as opposed to the OMG you'd kill me fear look. That and a good snuggle buddy is always appreciated..wink! take care...not all guys want a matchstick.
 dsleeth
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/28/2009 5:04:54 PM
Guys are expected to like thin girls. Society dictates that.

I am 6'1" large for now (yes for now) and not getting dates.
 dsleeth
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/28/2009 5:05:23 PM
Guys are expected to like thin girls. Society dictates that.

I am 6'1" large for now (yes for now) and not getting dates.
 mystyre
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/28/2009 5:12:22 PM
I wouldn't call it a fetish. I just prefer for a woman to have boobs, hips, and a booty. It's the natural look for a woman to have. "Curves" is not a word in my book. Then, again, I am culturely inclined to be attracted to curvy women.
 ChocoLova4U
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:35:13 AM
To be honest I'd feel great if someone accepted me for who I am! And would be attracted to my body for what it is! It's hard when ur a senior in highschool and just cuz ur a little chunky guys hate yoou!
 Eros_realm
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:46:24 AM
Life is about what you prefer or your tastes. What are you calling thick/skinny?? my thick/skinny and your thick/skinny maybe very different.
 prairiecutie19
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:56:48 AM
I know alot of men that like excessively thin women. I personally dont understand why; guess they like banging skeletons. I personally am a smaller BBW(average 14-18 depending on the store), I dont get as much attention as id like to have. Theres never a happy medium with men that are attracted to BBW, your either too small, or too big. At least thats what ive noticed.
 Fatman_Blimp
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/17/2012 8:42:53 AM
I've always liked mine BIG!..Too bad society doesn't seem to work the other way around though..I like the Scarlett Johansens and Sophia Vergaras of the world, but them with way bigger butts and breasts is just more appealing to me..Can't count the near car crashes I've almost had cuz I'm breaking my neck looking at some big butt broad (BBB)!
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/17/2012 9:30:57 AM
I think calling big women a fetish is going too far. For some guys it might be, but for most, I'd say that there is just a broader range of acceptable thickness. They'd date thin women, too.

I like the way there are always big women, and then women who are bags of bones. That doesn't even come close to covering the spectrum of not fat women.
 want to travel
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:32:00 AM
I love this post, of course its not a fetish, it is a preference
the word fetish gets thrown arround like crazy now a day's
we all come in different sizes and shapes, naturally!
now fetish is also used if one does not shave every last hair on their body! how is that a fetish
 onewayoranuther
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:55:16 AM
Marilyn Monroe was a size ten in her day but dress sizes were small back then so in today’s time she would be between a 12 and 14. She carried her sexuality well and men loved it. It wasn't until twiggy came into the picture that fashion began pursuing the straight lined, boyish look as what all women should aspire to look like. Eventually, women and men bought into it.

Thank Gawd the magazine "Vogue" will no longer allow anorexic women in their ads...it is a start.... women having curvaceous hips can now be seen as pleasurable to men as a whole as opposed to the more manly look.
 SerendipityHappens
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/17/2012 5:54:47 PM
You're too funny domo. Most men are attracted to thin/average size women, but not all I've had no problem finding attractive men who are attracted to me.... Maybe your problem finding dates isn't your weight?

'Also, being attracted to fat women is a PREFERENCE.. but IMHO it goes into fetish territory if you're a "feeder" That's just weird.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >