Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dsleeth
Msg: 60
Why is it when a guy likes thick girls, its a fetish, but not when he likes skinny girls?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Guys are expected to like thin girls. Society dictates that.

I am 6'1" large for now (yes for now) and not getting dates.
 mystyre
Msg: 61
Why is it when a guy likes thick girls, its a fetish, but not when he likes skinny girls?
Posted: 12/28/2009 5:12:22 PM
I wouldn't call it a fetish. I just prefer for a woman to have boobs, hips, and a booty. It's the natural look for a woman to have. "Curves" is not a word in my book. Then, again, I am culturely inclined to be attracted to curvy women.
 ChocoLova4U
Msg: 63
Why is it when a guy likes thick girls, its a fetish, but not when he likes skinny girls?
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:35:13 AM
To be honest I'd feel great if someone accepted me for who I am! And would be attracted to my body for what it is! It's hard when ur a senior in highschool and just cuz ur a little chunky guys hate yoou!
 Eros_realm
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:46:24 AM
Life is about what you prefer or your tastes. What are you calling thick/skinny?? my thick/skinny and your thick/skinny maybe very different.
 prairiecutie19
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:56:48 AM
I know alot of men that like excessively thin women. I personally dont understand why; guess they like banging skeletons. I personally am a smaller BBW(average 14-18 depending on the store), I dont get as much attention as id like to have. Theres never a happy medium with men that are attracted to BBW, your either too small, or too big. At least thats what ive noticed.
 Fatman_Blimp
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/17/2012 8:42:53 AM
I've always liked mine BIG!..Too bad society doesn't seem to work the other way around though..I like the Scarlett Johansens and Sophia Vergaras of the world, but them with way bigger butts and breasts is just more appealing to me..Can't count the near car crashes I've almost had cuz I'm breaking my neck looking at some big butt broad (BBB)!
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/17/2012 9:30:57 AM
I think calling big women a fetish is going too far. For some guys it might be, but for most, I'd say that there is just a broader range of acceptable thickness. They'd date thin women, too.

I like the way there are always big women, and then women who are bags of bones. That doesn't even come close to covering the spectrum of not fat women.
 want to travel
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:32:00 AM
I love this post, of course its not a fetish, it is a preference
the word fetish gets thrown arround like crazy now a day's
we all come in different sizes and shapes, naturally!
now fetish is also used if one does not shave every last hair on their body! how is that a fetish
 onewayoranuther
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:55:16 AM
Marilyn Monroe was a size ten in her day but dress sizes were small back then so in today’s time she would be between a 12 and 14. She carried her sexuality well and men loved it. It wasn't until twiggy came into the picture that fashion began pursuing the straight lined, boyish look as what all women should aspire to look like. Eventually, women and men bought into it.

Thank Gawd the magazine "Vogue" will no longer allow anorexic women in their ads...it is a start.... women having curvaceous hips can now be seen as pleasurable to men as a whole as opposed to the more manly look.
 SerendipityHappens
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/17/2012 5:54:47 PM
You're too funny domo. Most men are attracted to thin/average size women, but not all I've had no problem finding attractive men who are attracted to me.... Maybe your problem finding dates isn't your weight?

'Also, being attracted to fat women is a PREFERENCE.. but IMHO it goes into fetish territory if you're a "feeder" That's just weird.
 SpittyKitty
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/17/2012 6:34:22 PM
@prairiecutie
I've noticed that too! Interesting observation. Too big for the regulars, too small for the BBWs.

@want to travel
You're right. It's not a fetish. Fetish this...fetish that. Give me a break.

I also have trouble with my too ample bustline and my curvy tummy. Either you like it...or you don't.
I wonder though, if what I am can be classified as "Fetish territory"? ha
 guitarist232
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:22:16 AM

To be honest I'd feel great if someone accepted me for who I am! And would be attracted to my body for what it is! It's hard when ur a senior in highschool and just cuz ur a little chunky guys hate yoou!

Wow, there's something wrong with guys wherever you're from!!! lol I love a girl with curves, never been into the skinny/nothing to them girls at all. It's all about personal preference I guess. No carpenter's dreams for me though!
 GenuineGent30
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/19/2012 11:26:57 AM
Thick is and has always been in style. I consider it a fetish when I decide to date skinny girls.
 RD2112
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/19/2012 7:36:17 PM
Most guys in this country like a thicker woman. I have been all around the states and it getrs discussed everywhere. Women believe men want skinny bc of what they see in ads or on tv. It just happens to be visually stimulating and yet hypocritical. It also saves when buying ad space to have skinny models. lol had to say that.

Women that are softer and thicker just feel better. Pelvic bones hurt when getting primal. Ribs,spine and other bony bumps tend to turn most guys off.

I said thicker...obese is a whole other topic. Its tougher for a large woman to shave and/or keep fresh down there. Sometimes it is a mood killer when trying too hard to find the right angle. Its not easy or safe to try pick her up and maneuver her all around the bed either.

Im ready for a thick juicy.....sandwich right now. hah
 PointingWestAV
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/20/2012 12:21:22 AM

Lmao where the hell do you find a non obese attractive man that likes thick girls is the better ?

Well, I don't know if I'm considered attractive, I figure I'm average. That being said...

I have had girlfriends that fit in every part of the spectrum - all the way from 4' 4" 80lbs soaking wet to 5' 11" 350lbs naked. Doesn't really bother me one way or the other. There are reasons to like any and all, anywhere from either end to in between.

My preference as of now, having said that, is somewhere in what I suppose is considered the "75th percentile", meaning thick, curvy, with something to hold on to. Really big is a bit much, primarily because I like a woman that still can move around with no problem, and too small, while fun in certain arenas, isn't really my thing in terms of a mate.

I'm not exactly "typical" however; many of my friends vocalize a gravitation toward that whole "Barbie" stereotype. Which to be honest, is actually my LEAST favorite. A 5' 11" woman that is 130 pounds just doesn't appeal to me nearly as much for some reason. I've gotten strange looks all my life for expressing that little tidbit of info. Shrug.
 platypus_man
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2012 10:55:19 AM

Guys are expected to like thin girls. Society dictates that.

Nope, natural selection dictates that. Women with approximately 70% hip waist ratios are simply more likely to be healthy, fertile and able to bear and raise healthy offspring than women with 1:1 waist hip ratios. In the past, it was often slightly overweight women that fit that description because they had slightly more fat reserves to help them endure times of famine than women who were slimmer. But it still didn't describe the obese women of today.
The problem becomes when you start using euphemisms. 'Thick'; 'Curvy'; and of course, 'Big Beautiful Women'. Fat women have taken over all the adjectives for themselves; normally figured women have nothing left to use. But basically, men are attracted to women with a waist to hip ratio of 70%. You can be real skinny, or even 'voluptuous'; it doesn't matter, as long as you have that somewhat hourglass shape to your waist and hips. The 'fetish' thing (and I don't think it's a fetish, just something in a guy that makes him attracted to something different from traditionally feminine figures) is a guy who needs a woman with what is, for better or worse, a more 'mannish' figure, i.e.; less curve. And it's not a 'preference'. It's usually something that he either is turned on by, or is not. And it helps to remember that we don't get to choose what we're turned on by; either we are, or we aren't. It's not a choice. After all, if we got to choose, we'd all choose to be turned on by women who are fat, nasty tempered, with bad hair, bad breath, a bad complexion, with bad hygiene. We'd be having so much sex that we'd have to quit our jobs. IT IS NOT A 'CHOICE'. It's odd that women can't understand this; after all, there is a huge percentage of women who are attracted to men who treat them like dirt, but insist they still are attracted those guys. AGAIN, IT'S NOT A CHOICE.
 Luvs2lift_50
Msg: 77
Posted: 5/20/2012 11:56:12 AM
Because "FAT BOTTOMED GIRLS YOU MAKE THE ROCKIN' WORLD GO 'ROUND"! Just ask Freddy Mercury.
 baldguy500
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/13/2012 4:56:08 PM
i like thick/heavy/chubby/ full figured women....it's not a fetish it's what i like.

THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG JUST CHOICES THAT YOU MAKE.

it's sad to me why so many people in the world pay way too much attention and pass judgement on what someone else likes......

I do whatever turns me on....for those who don't like what i do...f*ck emm...who cares!!
 natgoat227
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2012 1:05:33 PM
There's No ~Fetish~ about it....
It's a matter of Taste!

I'll take a Slender Lady....that I can get my arm around on a dance floor...ANYtime!!
 Slate56
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/14/2012 5:46:14 PM
Ahhh a good question.... Women are inherently good looking to men and all types look great in their own way. That's why we guys are here.
 Rapunzel1964
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/15/2012 1:23:07 AM

Lmao where the hell do you find a non obese attractive man that likes thick girls is the better ?

It is more common than you think- a lof of good looking guys w/ good jobs prefer big women- I often get emails and IMs just because I am big.
I dated a professional body builder/personal trainer who appeared in a number of national fitness magazines.

He aggressively persued me- and all kinds of skinny model-types persued him.

For a while, a very thin neighbor of his was practically stalking him, she would follow him around, always tryng to talk to him, and it was driving him crazy. One day, he handed her a couple of bucks and said "Buy a hamburger- You're too skinny." I know that's mean, but she did finally quit bothering him.
 FunJerry92
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/15/2012 2:04:53 AM
I Like curvy women and skinny women all the same. Neither one is better than the other :)
 ted61
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/15/2012 12:03:50 PM
It's simple supply and demand. In a society where food is plentiful, There are more heavier women. And less thinner, well proportioned women. When you have demand, and less "supply," (thinner women) the thinner woman becomes society's desired "normal."

Any deviation from what society considers "normal" is considered a fetish. Thats a technical answer but in reality, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
 deerdog1
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/15/2012 12:33:32 PM
well if im a pervert so be it I like chubby chicks
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2012 12:57:01 PM
Ted,

I can only respond based on my perceptions. Back in the old days, you know, before personal computers but after indoor plumbing (does anyone remember transistors?) the average woman on campus would be considered skinny by today's standards. I really got a close up of this a few years ago when I took a few classes at the local university. The sheer size of the boys and girls was absolutely appalling. So, for me, if exposure creates a supply / demand situation I should have been more disposed to desire the heavier girls as they were in shorter supply.

However, I have always been attracted to the less curvier female. I remember the first time I saw a Ruben painting (pendulous breasts, rolls of belly fat, etc.). I was not impressed. While I may not be as picky as I use to be, or perhaps it's that my tastes have shifted a bit as time has taken its toll, a lithe slender woman most always turns my head.
For me, I explain my preference in that the more slender woman (of course, within reason, one can be too thin) is more often than not going to have fewer health problems down the road than the heavier woman (and this goes for the men as well, with men having hormonal problems distinct from women due to excessive weight). Joints wear out, type 2 diabetes arises, plaque builds up, and coronary efficiency takes a nose dive. Does this mean that all thinner women will be healthier than all heavier women. No, it's only statistical data. Individuals are individuals.
But, why should I go in that direction. My heart rate this morning was 50 bpm; and not in bed, but after I had been up for a while. I swim over 3 miles a week, walk as often as possible, bile and lift for exercise and fun (I can no longer run due to knee damage), and my daily activity level, esp. during the summer, is off the charts; I can still put my palms flat to the floor (after stretching now days). A fat woman and I are not going to have compatible lifestyles.

As an aside, as I was writing this I thought back to my pre-p.c. days when I did date some heavier women. One, was a swimmer, and the other I met rowing at UW. She wasn't so much heavier but well muscled. She was fun. She was also a highland dancer and had legs that could snap an oak tree. The thinnest, a competitive tennis player, weighed less than 100 lbs, and she was all of 5'4". Ah, memories.

TK
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >