Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Nietsche: Morality devoid of Divinity. (A thinking man's thread)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 60to70
Msg: 42
Nietsche: Morality devoid of Divinity. (La Nausee)Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
So Nietschze was intelligent.... and is it this profound conundrum why he faded into insanity? I can see that reasoning can lead to some great difficulty. "The secret is to know when to stop." ... (song, Tom Cochrane, Canadian singer)
 60to70
Msg: 43
Nietsche: Morality devoid of Divinity. (La Nausee)
Posted: 7/28/2009 9:22:41 PM
Logical constructs do break down but they do not always lead to insanity. Not death. N. had much to say but no way to protect himself from his own self.
 jbogie
Msg: 44
Nietsche: Morality devoid of Divinity. (A thinking man's thread)
Posted: 7/29/2009 7:41:52 AM
moral, immoral; good, evil; right, wrong; none of it exists other than in ones own mind. and no two minds agree completely.
 60to70
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/31/2009 10:59:13 PM
"Life dances at all levels, and yet this does NOT mean there is a DJ." Now this indeed is faith of extraordinary bravery and a testament to a flat dimension. But your words are beautifully wrought. Dimension matters.
 60to70
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/31/2009 11:13:37 PM
Justice is self-evident. Nature is the backdrop and what a backdrop. Justice in Nature is so very different from man's reality. Nature never steps in and corrects a simple case of cruelty. It is your duty as a human being not to witness cruelty...silently. Nature is devoid of human reasoning. If you are human, you reason. At least you should. Frankly, Nature, if it were human, could be described as character disordered..or..something to that effect.
 Jan Sobieski
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 8:52:18 PM
60to70, why is Niechsze's suffering so importent to you?Why can you not just read his work and either accept or reject? This is what he would have wanted. His suffering was his own, to suffer on his part is theft, and he would despise you for it.
 JustDukky
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:17:33 PM

no two minds agree completely.

Sure they do, on all kinds of things, like rights & moral obligations. Any two party contract is a lawfully binding complete agreement on terms.

In the sense that things like morality don't physically exist as objective things, or even in uncaring, impersonal nature, I'm inclined to agree with you, but asserting that since no two people can agree on everything, that there's no right. wrong, morality, etc. is a non sequitur.
 jbogie
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/2/2009 7:50:13 PM

no two minds agree completely.

Sure they do, on all kinds of things, like rights & moral obligations. Any two party contract is a lawfully binding complete agreement on terms.

hmmmm. wasn't my point. my fault so i'll rephrase. no two people agree completely on all issues.
 60to70
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/2/2009 10:16:39 PM
N. had his say. Now we have ours. N. needed help. You do not easily reject or accept anybody's work. That is plain lazy. I disagree with you. I think N. would have accepted consolation. Despise is the wrong word.
 60to70
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/2/2009 10:17:21 PM
N. had his say. Now we have ours. N. needed help. You do not easily reject or accept anybody's work. That is plain lazy. I disagree with you. I think N. would have accepted consolation. Despise is the wrong word.
 60to70
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/2/2009 11:55:20 PM
Apparently my last post that was double posted cannot be deleted. O.K.
 60to70
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/2/2009 11:55:37 PM
Apparently my last post that was double posted cannot be deleted. O.K.
 Nina1000
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/3/2009 3:51:36 PM
I understand the death of God, but there is no place for Mysticism in Nietsche's philosophy. Too flat for me. I find Nietsche pragmatic but dull......Where is the mystery? I am not talking about divinity: I understand the death of divinity.....but still, that kind of morality is really too dry for my taste. Just my take on this. But I agree with him on this point: that you do not need to believe in God to be an ethical person. To believe in God, in my opinion, is the biggest delusion and Logically christian philosophy does not make any sense....So, yes, he got that right .......However not all atheists are a-spiritual. Buddhists aren't against a spiritual and mystical way, although they do not hold the belief in God. In my opinion ( and it is simply my opinion) morality and spirituality ( not religiosity intended as belief in one God or more Gods) must be connected. If not, too many questions remain unanswered: science alone cannot answer them. This why scientists always encounter moral dilemmas.

Message 2: I may be illiterate, but truly, I understood nothing of what you wrote. Please translate in accessible words.
Posted: 4/1/2013 4:20:28 PM
I'd rather a thread cover the subject of morality in general, instead of just nietzsche.
 jed456
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2013 7:53:32 AM
I had to "suffer" Through Beyond good and Evil. Personally I can't stand Nietsche A cruel philosopher to say the least.
 Inicia
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/3/2013 7:09:13 PM
well morality really doesn't have anything to do with divinity in my opinion. However some people who are extremely moral are sainted in divinity. So be it. However God said "Friedrich Nietzsche is dead" that was in 1869. so ashes to ashes dust to dust resurrect dead writers for current philosophy.
 Inicia
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/5/2013 10:08:57 PM
fixed idea or fixated on our own ideas same thing.. nobody wins in debates because we are all fixated arguing our sides.
anyone who presents an idea we can disagree with coherently we strengthen our own fixation rather than hear the others ideas. it isn't really a conversation or discourse.
Posted: 4/5/2013 10:19:57 PM
Would this be an example of dishonest propoganda? -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvz0CjtwH2k
 Inicia
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/5/2013 10:49:16 PM
yes ommy ommy lions and tigers and bears...really negatively portrays the ideology behind existentialism.
Are any of you familiar with the invention of silverware.. and what it came to determine. It was an arbitrary invention because the peasants were beginning to pass for the upper class...and having silverware and knowing how the rules applied to the use of each utensil "rules created by nobility" would easily place a peasant...like a secret handshake to a members' only club. lol
 JustDukky
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/6/2013 1:12:45 PM
Would this be an example of dishonest propoganda? -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvz0CjtwH2k

I absolutely loved that vid!

Notwithstanding whether the message was "good or bad", teaching philosophy to kids is is one of the greatest services we can do for them, and one that (sadly) the educational system has dropped for the sake of making "good" obedient workers to better fit in the society that was designed to exploit them.

With regard to the class topic itself, the parents ought to have been in the class with the kids. Explaining the justifications behind WHY they had to clean up their room say would have given the kids a better perspective on the rationale, and it would stop becoming a simple rule they had to obey and start becoming part of their own moral reasoning and growth.

Of course any parent that was issuing arbitrary orders to his kid (like "turn over your paper route money to me and i'll give you part back for an allowance" (and drink the rest)) might find themselves in an awkward bind that maybe their own morality needs a bit of revision.

What a GREAT idea!...let's hope it gets into ALL the schools (and let's hope the parents attend)
Posted: 4/6/2013 7:07:05 PM
Sometimes you scare me dukky. ^
 JustDukky
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/6/2013 7:31:50 PM

Sometimes you scare me dukky.

You aren't alone. I seem to scare a lot of people these days...hopefully it's mostly the right ones. ;)
Posted: 4/6/2013 8:47:55 PM
^ We need to call homeland security on you?
 JustDukky
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/7/2013 9:46:53 PM

We need to call homeland security on you?

Wrong homeland lol...Still, it might be fun...I'd like to hear them try to provide a rational justification for their existence. ;)
 JustDukky
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/11/2013 5:35:58 PM

Now, I might sound pedantic but Nietzsche is.

"is?"...I hate to break it to you, but Nietzsche is dead. He is no longer pedantic. In fact one might say he doesn't care much about anything anymore...He has moved on to become an authentic existential nihilist.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Nietsche: Morality devoid of Divinity. (A thinking man's thread)