Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Evolution.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Demigod1979
Msg: 1476
view profile
History
Evolution.Page 60 of 63    (23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63)

Just a few common ones, Piltdown Man, Nebraska Man, Haeckel’s fake embyro drawings, The German Anthropologist Protsch who resigned in disgrace in 2005 after 30 years of committing to the truth! It was found that he had been forging scientific facts for over 30 years. Shall I mention the Lucy Fraud?

And who exposed frauds like Piltdown Man? The answer: scientists! Errors are inevitable in any human endeavor, but what's unique about science is that it is self-correcting. What you are portraying as the weakness of science is actually it's greatest strength - unlike religion, science can admit when it is wrong, and can correct itself as new data comes along.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1477
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 11/26/2013 12:21:06 PM
That tree growing over yonder is kind of pretty, I rekon.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1478
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 12/2/2013 2:05:09 AM
oops. reckon is spelled with a c.

dagnabit.
 xJamx
Msg: 1479
Evolution.
Posted: 12/21/2013 7:50:30 PM
Call me nuts but I think creationism and evolution should be taught in schools on equal footing.
I myself accept reality, and that reality is that we evolved. But, I won't dictate someone else or their beliefs.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1480
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 12/21/2013 8:28:57 PM
Hehehe, I'm just waiting for someone to tell you ^ to "put that in your pipe and smoke it."
 Dobermonster
Msg: 1481
Evolution.
Posted: 12/21/2013 11:39:38 PM
Teaching creationism and evolution as if they are 'equal' is nuts. Creationism is not science, it does not belong in a science class next to evolutionary theory. When it passes the same rigorous testing, it will have earned a right to be there. It does not get a free pass to skip scrutiny and to an honorary position in a textbook because someone's feelings might get hurt. The same arguments used in favor of that could equally be used to argue that astrology should be taught in astronomy, and alchemy in chemistry. It's patronizing to want to shield people's beliefs from the big, bad reality as if they would be devastated to learn that science doesn't agree with what their pappy taught them about Adam and Eve. People's beliefs are remarkably resilient, and will adapt according to what they want to believe about the world. Everybody is entitled to an opinion, but not all opinions are created equal. Religious studies courses more than adequately explore various creation myths, without pretending that they adhere to observation.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1482
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 12/22/2013 3:21:28 AM
I was in the store the other day. I went to the cashier with my purchase. The cashier counted back my change, and left me several dollars short, and I noticed that he had a weird way of counting. I thought that maybe a practical joke was taking place, but upon questioning the cashier, I discovered that to not be the case. We argued politely for about a minute, during which I found out that the cashier handled money as if 3+7=4, 9-2=1, 6x7=14...and stuff like that, etc. I also found out that the cashier had went to a school which taught real math, and playskool dr. seuss math, "on equal footing". And as I defended myself against this crime-charade disquised with lies, someone in line for the cashier told me that I shouldn't "dictate to someone or their beliefs". When I tried to talk to a manager about it, I was told that that the store isn't intolerant and doesn't discriminate.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 1483
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 12/22/2013 4:36:23 AM
In a way, I was taught both evolution and creationism way back when I was in public school.

It wasn't just that I was here in Virginia. What happened was what I think does make sense: in science class, I learned what science has learned. When I was in History class, I learned what religions of the world believed.

I know that modern creationist advocates want children to be directly taught that religious faith and science are identically valid in all ways, and in all applications, and that I firmly oppose, since it does require all teachers to lie to their students.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1484
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 12/23/2013 2:36:09 AM
Noooooooo!!!! Bring back the pipe!
 aremeself
Msg: 1485
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 10/15/2014 7:34:50 PM
Science has no smoking gun for evo, where did you get yours?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 1486
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 10/16/2014 1:30:57 AM
? How silly. If you think that, it can only be because you select anti-science sources for your science.
 basilisk123
Msg: 1487
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 10/16/2014 4:48:43 AM
"Science has no smoking gun for evo, where did you get yours?"-aremeself

I lol'ed

The science behind evolution is pretty concrete. There will always be naysayers that will deny everything even though there is very real evidence to the contrary. I am more inclined to believe in guided evolution than somehow all life sprang up in the universe in a week like a totally epic potato. The question is who guided it. A higher power( i.e. god, aliens, etc.) is equally as valid as random circumstances because both can not be proven or disproven. I am leaning toward randomness myself, mainly because it is more fun to imagine the possibilities of what could be.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 1488
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 10/16/2014 5:21:35 AM
The theory of biological evolution explains "who" does the guiding. And, we must remember what the term "randomness" means per it's different uses.
 basilisk123
Msg: 1489
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 10/16/2014 5:35:20 AM
"The theory of biological evolution explains "who" does the guiding. And, we must remember what the term "randomness" means per it's different uses."-drinkthesunwithmyface

Touche' sir, touche'
 aremeself
Msg: 1490
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 10/24/2014 11:57:13 PM
Igor

'Good' answer

Now how about something other then an empty assurance.

You know, maybe show the many metabolic pathways that show how we evolved from no DNA to billions of base pairs.

Give it a try.

Show science!

By the way, they don't exist.
 aremeself
Msg: 1491
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 10/25/2014 1:15:45 PM
you seem to agree then that there are no metabolic pathways that show how evolution works.
From anything to anything, I don't mean from rocks per say.
Not mutating existing DNA
Also not adapting.
If you studied adaptation, you would see its the opposite of evo.
I know what I'm asking for doesn't exist, but others on here are always bragging about all the frikking proof of evo.

There should be tons of bioligical evolutionary pathways to follow

I'll read your site, but I'll predict that the facts of evolution will be 100% inferred.
They always are.

You do know that evolution has no real smoking gun.

What I believe has absolutely no bearing on anything.
 aremeself
Msg: 1492
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 10/25/2014 3:51:56 PM
I guess I can't stop all of you guys, on all of the threads, on all subjects, from assuming things about me, nature, god, e. vre. thing.

Psychics, all of ya. Thats metaphysical.
I know most of the codes for We. Don't. Know. by now.
 1saved
Msg: 1493
Evolution.
Posted: 10/25/2014 3:52:29 PM
^Your perspective seems to match mine in this area. I cant help but ask previous posters to prove their points, since the burden of proof is in their own backyard. Im not speaking of theories either, but pure concrete proof.

Somehow after all these years of posting, and not posting I find this thread to be quite humorous actually.
 aremeself
Msg: 1494
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 10/25/2014 4:04:27 PM
Watch, they'll get all pouty.

But never, oh, NEVER, EVER, a direct answer! Never!!
 1saved
Msg: 1495
Evolution.
Posted: 10/26/2014 11:05:14 AM
Romans 2:1- "Therefore thou art inexcusable oh man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou doest the same things".

Even the bible has a verse written for this way back in A.D. 60 sometime.
 flyguy51
Msg: 1496
Evolution.
Posted: 10/26/2014 9:04:15 PM

I'll read your site, but I'll predict that the facts of evolution will be 100% inferred.

You say that as if you have more than inference for your version of things, whatever that may be. Do you? Somehow, I highly doubt it.

When something has occurred over very long periods of time, they cannot be observed directly. No one lives long enough. Hopefully you understand that. But there are directly observed examples of evolution that you would probably find unimpressive as a layman. See: nylon eating bacteria. Bacteria have been around a long time. Nylon has not. Hence, certain bacteria developed the ability to ingest nylon via adaptive inheritable mutation.

If it is "transitional" creatures you are after, consider lungfish. They are fish in every respect except they have lungs. That lineage is on its way to becoming something other than a fish-- most likely an amphibian of some sort. But again, well after we are all dead and unable to observe it directly.
 aremeself
Msg: 1497
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 10/26/2014 10:24:03 PM
Seriously, you think the little nylon story is some kind of evidence for making dozens of genes with thousands of base pairs, all somehow appearing in the proper order, without killing the thing, just to make a heart? All done by accident.
Pretty wild imagination there.

What did that bacteria do, come up with one or two mutations to run at 5 % efficiency?

The mutations wrecked information to do that new function.
You have to find information gaining situations. and when the nylon is gone, what do you think happens to those bacteria?

THATS WHAT BACTERIA DO. They have to come up with a way to do different jobs.
They seem to do that OK.

Your lung fish aren't turning into anything, that's all conjecture!
Missing links are 100% imagination.

Your sidesteping my question, like they all do.

Don't worry about my ideas, they don't have anything to do with anything going on anywhere!
 aremeself
Msg: 1498
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 10/27/2014 7:40:21 AM
So, what are we going to do here?
Jump from one made up evolutionary idea to another?
Done that for 5 years, you guys don't get it.

A single smoking gun does not exist.

I understand that no evolutionary pathways exist for say bacteria some how gaining genetic information to grow a multicellular part.
Would you say that that is true?

Now are there any evolutionary pathway at all that don't have the made up element in them?
I would say no.
You?

Telling me I'm stupid isn't going to get the answers
All That shows is that even a stupid person can see that the evidence for evo is at the present time is all made up.

If you can't come up with a real fact just move on.
Believe all the dogma, I don't care.

Do you think any of the evidence for evolution is pure fiction?
Are my questions not clear!
 basilisk123
Msg: 1499
view profile
History
Evolution.
Posted: 10/27/2014 8:00:49 AM
I think evolution is more believable than something you have to take on pure faith without any logic. If we are going to talk about fiction here, Genesis is highly more likely to be fictional. At least with science, the erroneous errors are thrown out, were with religeon, the errors are set in stone.
 flyguy51
Msg: 1500
Evolution.
Posted: 10/27/2014 9:22:11 AM

Your sidesteping my question, like they all do.

Truthfully, I'm not exactly sure what your "question" was. You have written a lot of words on here. But I have tried to inform you as best I can and described the limits of human observation. Perhaps you are looking for a cat to give birth to something obviously not a cat? And you might insist that you be there when it happens? As I have tried to put it gently, these are unreasonable requests, plus evolution science makes no claims along those lines (of these things happening quickly and dramatically).

If you refuse to be educated, that is on you, not me nor anyone else trying to educate you. You actually seem annoyed that people are unable to convince you of something that you outright refuse to be convinced of. What's with that??

Don't worry about my ideas, they don't have anything to do with anything going on anywhere!

So, you admit ya got nuthin... plus, I beg to differ regarding the innocuousness of your ignorance. If you are against evolution, you are against reality, facts, and scientific knowledge. If you are against scientific knowledge, you are against progress. And if you are against progress, what are you doing using a computer right now? And on a science forum? Take a look at humanity prior to the Enlightenment. You may not like what you see compared to today.

Most importantly, you and people like you who are anti-science can vote!
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Evolution.