Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "Moving too fast" stories?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LhiannanShee
Msg: 26
Moving too fast stories?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I went on 2 dates with a guy... and we had absolutely no physical contact. To be honest, I didn't even think he was attracted to me.

Then, a few days before Valentine's day he sent me a long POEM which made reference to my "enthralling heaving chest" and wanting to do naughty things to me... and ended with him asking to be my date on V-day.

It freaked me out and made me run for the hills. Shortly afterwards, he moved back home across the country. Reflecting on things now, I'm kind of wishing I'd given him a chance... pretty sure he was just shy. The poem really did freak me out tho.
 huggablekiss
Msg: 27
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 7/22/2009 8:01:29 PM
I do believe there are some guys that do, because last year I was talking to this guy on the phone for the first time and he said we should go on a vacation together and we haven't met in person. After that awkward phone conversation, I decided that it was for the best that I didn't meet him. I thought he was rushing into things as he was already making plans or fantasizing about doings things together. I like someone with a good head on his shoulders, strong and realistic 'cause I sure wouldn't want someone daydreaming and it's a red flag indicating that he might not be able to cope with realistic relationship issues.
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 28
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 7/22/2009 8:14:14 PM
I suggest you take them up on it....I always say "yes...yup, let's do it! Throw caution to the wind and Carpe Diem baby"!!!

the tune seems to change pretty quick when you've got your bags packed and passport in hand...*sigh*
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 29
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 7/23/2009 5:38:34 PM
L_d_M__87 on 7/21/2009 539 AM
Subject: Moving too fast stories?

So, just recently started exchanging messages with a guy, and by the fourth - count em, FOURTH - message, he asks if we can go on vacation together on my next days off! (which are in two weeks, btw). Yikes!!

So, as I am laughing to myself and running for the proverbial hills, does anyone have any stories to share?

-L

A woman friend of mine (we used to flirt with each other a few years ago) called me up two days ago. She was in a panic over something (she is moving) and needed some emotional support. She spent two days at my house and I respected her. She's a 9.5 (out of 10) in my book per body/face. Her personality is good too though like me she's high energy.

Do you women know how HARD it is for us men to lay in bed with you, stroking your hair & face... and fighting off our sexual urges? Especially if we are highly attracted to you? It was difficult to get much sleep; yet I felt so joyful at having her over. She doesn't believe in having sex until she gets to know someone. And after knowing each other briefly for years, this was the "first" date we have had.

So we didn't do much in the sexual realm. Yes there still are men left who move slow.
Lovemaking is different than sex. Sex of course, is great but for me, waiting for the sexual urge to brew over into a more powerful spiritual feeling...is the best.

All good energy.
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 30
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 7/23/2009 5:46:52 PM
On another dating website, I cannot tell you how many women (I was a very active high profile poster there) were aggressive towards me per private emails. I mean they would smother me in the first few emails? I guess they expected me to fall at their feet? After only a few emails some said they were highly emotionally attracted to me + more. ?

Several wanted to marry me...though one I liked the most refused to show me a 2nd picture (her first was too far away to see her eyes. I guess she had put on weight and didn't want to show me a 2nd pic.) Other women would pop up in my email and ask the dumbest questions (is this like a test?) Why are some women so aggressive SO FAST?

Give us men room to breathe...we aren't going to disappear tomorrow into the netherworld of the internet. DON'T SMOTHER US...that's the same like a guy smothering you...

Thank you ladies.

{disclosure, this has been an unofficial POF public announcement. No women posters were hurt in the making of this post. Small animals were caressed and hungry children were fed. If YOU would like to help volunteer, send gold bricks to....}
 111karma111
Msg: 31
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 7/23/2009 7:33:28 PM
My second date with a guy - he gave me diamond earrings. I was like WTF and never told anyone. We dated for 4 months and in that time he gave me two pair of diamond earrings, a dozen roses delivered to my work and a trip to vegas! Figured out quick he tried to woo me over because he was way less than ideal!
 airconditioninthesummer
Msg: 32
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 7/24/2009 4:58:42 AM
i'll contribute to this thread: on a third date, the girl asked me, "so, when are you moving in with me?"

i was so caught off guard with this it felt like i was a little kid again playing baseball; the batter hit, and i knew i was going to catch, i put my glove up, and then BANG!!! the ball hits me in the nose.

after that, i never played baseball again.
after that, i never spoke to that girl again.

once around the moon
Msg: 33
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 7/24/2009 5:56:13 AM
life is too short to waste time on those who don't know what they want

i couldn't agree more.

edit: but i would think it were strange if a guy i was talking to wanted to go on a vacation or get married after only a few days of getting to know one another. one because i'm not interested in marriage and make that pretty clear. and two because it would tell me there is something a little off about their judgment and how they build relationships. if it has been a few weeks or even a few months, and the feelings were mutual then i don't think it would scare me off.
 Dennis205
Msg: 34
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 7/26/2009 2:10:25 PM
Yeah or like having sex with a guy within 4 hours of chatting online.
 Esperanza
Msg: 35
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 7/26/2009 2:44:46 PM
Here are some of my experiences......

On a first date (both of us in our 40's) we are out cruising the countryside and we end up at this house come to find out it is his parent's house. Yes, I met the parents on the first date.

Recently I met this man for coffee which lasted about 45 minutes and we scheduled another date. On the second date I was told I am to date him exclusively? Wait a minute, it takes me longer to commit to a relationship and he was already talking about us getting married. OH MY! I would definately become the Run Away Bride if that happened with him.

In the past I was usually the first to fall first. Now, I am trying to keep one foot grounded and not rush into a relationship right away. Now I am playing the field getting to know each and every one and eventually weeding out the ones that I have little interests in.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 36
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 7/26/2009 2:45:20 PM
Anyone who tells me they love me, are crazy about me, want to marry me, need me or anything like that before like 5 or 6 months, for the most part.

However two I can remember that I ended up dating but made sure I slowed them down.

One told me he loved me the night we met. He also cried the first time we had sex...the love thing I addressed, the crying thing I blocked out. Both probably stemmed from extreme emotional overload, a trait I seem to attract. Not surprisingly he ended the relationship because we lived too far apart and he didn't like having to make plans to get together due to work schedules and whatever.

One asked me to go with him to Vegas for 10 days, he was going for work...but it was 5 or 6 months from the second date we were on. I told him no way, I barely knew him, but his point was that by then we would know each other better. He was right, unfortunately that was in October of 2001 - so we never went due to the September 11th thing. The company he was working for had a loss in sales and was afraid to book flights.

And yeah I've had guys assume before I met them that I'd end up dating them and they've tried to arrange driving plans for any dates and or sleepovers they were sure would occur based on that assumption. That usually flips a switch with me.
 ^SweetAngel^
Msg: 37
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/11/2009 9:00:06 AM
There are some guys well into their 30s who still live at home with their parents and have never dated before who are now fishing for a wife/replacement mummy?
Yikes!!!
 bernta
Msg: 38
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/11/2009 11:26:47 AM
First email I received from a guy who said he was REALLY interested in me: (guess he wasn't kidding!)

"I looked up your location on google maps. I'd like to suggest a meeting halfway if you are similiarly interested in meeting me. The other option is for me to move to Pittsburgh. "
 barbee1970
Msg: 39
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/11/2009 11:30:28 AM
Yep, back in March I met a guy and after the first day he decided he was my boyfriend and I need to leave this site. Ugh*smacks head* I guess I can't make my own decisions can I?

Yes, after much debate with him(he argued as to why I would not date him) I ran for the proverbial hills.
 roseyn
Msg: 40
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/11/2009 11:39:18 AM
After one date he wanted to terminate our accounts, and wanted me to officially be his girlfriend. Said he wanted me to meet the family. We don't talk any more now though. Found out we have too many differences and anytthing that goes too fast never lasts.
 Rockabillyguy
Msg: 41
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/11/2009 12:10:57 PM
I have experienced both sides in a way.

One time I went on a date (turned out to be a very long one) that we both knew at the end of it we just wanted to date each other. Not saying anyone asked the other to be exclusive.... We both decided that figuring things out by ourselves was enough. That one lasted a few years. So it was fast in that in a period of a couple days it became exclusive. Though we were both on the same page...

Another time I started dating this girl.... Mid thirties. After the first date, we saw each other nearly every day. After about a week of this I really started feeling that "L" word.... The one with an E on the end.....With an I and a K, in it...

She had no children, I do. She was not sure if she wanted any. I told her I hadn't completely ruled out more.... I said it depended on many things..... She then decides that she could easily fall in love with me, and we should stop seeing each other as she would prefer to find a guy with no children who wasn't sure as she was. UUUUUUUMMMMMM OK....

She was on like page 100.... I was just dating a chick I really liked so far.....Yikes.

I've had a few on here that were on whole other page than I. That's what doesn't work. And that's what makes me run.
 Viperess
Msg: 42
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/11/2009 10:29:25 PM
I seem to attract every FRUIT LOOP in the UNIVERSE. I get the needy, obsessive / compulsive, deranged, stalker, want to be dominated, fetishist, inaudible, adult baby, ego maniacal, BUCKET OF CRAZIES !!! I think the most BIZARRE story is of this dude, who ONCE AGAIN 'seemed' at least logical and of sound mind in his profile and INITIAL message turn into some WIERD circus SIDESHOW. So, we start conversing via messages and the MORE we talk, the MORE agitated AND delusional he is seeming to get. He 'claims' he is a REPTILE ALIEN, and that I am the QUEEN he has been searching a few MILLENNIA for. Mind you, I am in a FROZEN STARE shaking my head and muttering, 'He's a fuggin few fries short of a HAPPY MEAL!' He creates this MANIFESTO of his life as an ALIEN WARRIOR, and how he is going to come and get me IMMEDIATELY so we can HOP into his SPACE SHIP and ZOOM off to his 'galactic bachelor pad'. THERE he keeps vials of ALIEN DNA in some DEEP freeze and TOGETHER we will form this EARTH DESTROYING ARMY !!! He INSISTS that he come to MY HOUSE in an hour so we can 'get going'. THIS is after THREE messages within an hour or so for the FIRST TIME !!! I reply for the LAST time that he needs to REALLY take his meds, and to go COO COO FOR COCOA PUFFS elsewhere. His FINAL message was and I quote : 'I'M GOING MAD, MAD, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAD !!! And if you can't come away with me, can I come over and watch some t.v. with you NOW ?' Needless to say, I didn't even bother with a response, my flesh CRAWLING I could practically imagine him at my door dressed up like WORF what's his nuts, the Klingon from Star Trek, wearing some TACKY JEDI ROBE, swinging a LIGHT SABER at me as he clings to a photograph of NURSE RATCHET. As TEMPTING as the 'offer' was, I figure the only GALACTIC TRIP he was going to make was BACK to CYBER SPACE !!!! ALONE !!! Can anyone say 'DELETE AND BLOCK' ? ~waves bon voyage with handkerchief ~
 HappyLibra70
Msg: 43
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/11/2009 11:03:53 PM
I feel left out of the party! No psychos following me! That is so not cool! Ok kidding aside, having someone come on to me that strong would definitely make me run for the hills.
 nobullshithere
Msg: 44
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/12/2009 6:06:31 AM
Went on one date with a guy off this site - ONE date and by the end of the date he was talking about how he wanted me to pick out all the details for the house he was building help him furnish it - how he wanted a one on one with me and how his daughters would love my son - RAN like a SCARED rabbit from that one - he still sends me creepy emails on here
 dardika
Msg: 45
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/12/2009 10:43:15 AM
My next door neighbor met her husband at a dance, they got married the next week. he died last year. They were married55 years.

My dad met my stepmother at the officers club. They got married two months later. They just celebrated their fourtieth year.

I watched a program on public brocasting that showed a group of over 100 senior citizens who were still married to their partners. The one thing they had in common was that they met and married within a month of meeting one another. Their common belief as to why their marriages lasted was because they took their whole lives to get to know one another. They believed to date too long would give you an excuse to find something wrong and look for something better which can never really be achieved.

They admitted that that "piece of legal paper" did force them to try and work out issues instead of getting their clothes and dissapearing when they got pissed at one another.

So, what is that piece of paper worth to some people....a lifetime.

fully expecting the spoilers to enter the room now
 OnlyThis
Msg: 46
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/12/2009 11:31:53 AM

It's would almost be amusing (if it weren't so pathetic) to watch them pretend they're an established couple

omg... who killed the romantic in you?

That's right, instead of holding hands and kissing, the new couple should try and act more "established" with the guy having a deer in the headlights look in his eyes while his so is bit*hing at him about something.

Now I agree with the op that four e-mails is too quick but if a couple meets and hits it off, there is almost nothing more exciting and romantic than the weekend getaway....
 WNECchick
Msg: 47
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/12/2009 12:37:17 PM
girl...run...far far away
something's not right there
 gemstone20
Msg: 48
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/12/2009 6:34:41 PM
Wow, there are some interesting stories on here. Well, I've had vacation offers too. One that stands out is that he was offering to go on an African safari with me. LOL, of coarse he said that we would meet and get to know each other first. By the way, that vacation wasn't planned for about 2 years though so I guess that isn't too fast, huh? I've had plenty of guys giving out their phone number too quick and asking me to text them. I must be the only female that really hates the phone, lol. I mean I carry one around but I only talk on it if I have to.
 RLC89
Msg: 49
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/12/2009 7:13:18 PM
Well, I met a guy on here. We had our first date on June 8th, and became an official couple on June 14th.

On June 21st--13 days after our first date--he was in love with me and wanted to marry me.

A week later, he took me engagement ring shopping.

So--in a matter of three weeks of dating/knowing each other, he was talking about marriage with me and engagement ring shopping.

Only, I was stupid enough to fall for it. I fell hard. Dumb me. We broke up two days ago--so at least I got two months out of a "too fast" relationship. :)
 Wiyan
Msg: 50
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 8/12/2009 7:22:00 PM
yeah, someone told me I was 'an exceptional woman' on his first note. to me When I asked him what specifically he found exceptional about me and what was equally 'exceptional' about him, his response was 'Well, do you like me?"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "Moving too fast" stories?