Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "Moving too fast" stories?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SngleNarlington
Msg: 76
Moving too fast stories?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
If only time could be reversed! I have a few regrets myself
 aanarchist
Msg: 77
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/14/2013 6:06:30 AM
Women who claim to want serious relationships but let things get sexual way too quickly, paradox if there ever was one. They say the key to attracting a woman is appeal to her emotions rather than her logic, I say if it's possible to make her head shut off then she's not worth the time or the effort.
 jende921
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/14/2013 8:15:28 AM
this is exactly what I was going to say. It can happen on the first or second date, too. The point is to make you feel like he sees a future with you (Saying things like "I've never felt like this with anyone", "I'm going to take you to -wherever-in a few months," etc. ) and let down your guard and sleep with them. It's really important to see what people DO as apposed to what they SAY.
 forums48380
Msg: 79
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/14/2013 8:54:55 AM
You might like this blog:
http://www.drglover.com/blog/x_post/why-you-should-run-from-a-seductive-woman-00036.html
 John255317
Msg: 80
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/14/2013 10:53:20 AM
I get where a woman or man may not know when first talking if the other person is saying very strange things. BUT, if a man or woman want an exclusive thing before even meeting and say so or say other revealing things, why the hell would you still meet them???????? Because they are nice?? Sounds like school age kids or better yet, screwed up men or women. Surprising even the most obvious red flags are still ignored by some men and women yet they still continue on and meet and date these losers. Takes all kinds.
 aanarchist
Msg: 81
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/14/2013 12:23:08 PM
Sending me pix and getting angry at me for not being sexually aggressive sounds like moving too fast to me. I swear college girls are insane.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 82
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/14/2013 5:34:13 PM
A few days ago, I received an email from a guy who said he was reading my profile.....and falling in love and then when he got to the end of my profile....he said he was in love. AND THEN, he said I OWED it to him to give him a chance to impress me because of all the nice things he was saying.......blah blah blah..........Good grief! and BIG BLOCK!!!!
That's probably the fastest progression for me ;P
 SngleNarlington
Msg: 83
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/14/2013 11:54:27 PM
@ drivingharmony2

After reading your comment I couldn’t prevent myself from peeking at your profile! I had to witness for myself that which caused this man to declare his love based on words alone. OK, smile included as well! Hope you don’t mind

Now I understand! You are quite the skillful writer and an artist with the images you sketch. The second paragraph is the closer.
 TooShadows
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/15/2013 7:46:49 AM
The ultimate one for me was back in 2000 when I used telephone chat lines a lot. I struck up a conversation with a lady in Calgary,Alberta(14 hours away) and after a 20 minute conversation she said she could rent a U-Haul the next day and move in with me in less than a week. WHOA!
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/15/2013 10:13:20 AM
Now don't go getting Harmony's head to big now...as for getting too sexual too fast, I never see this as a problem...IMO if someone's leaving they will regardless of the speed...
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 86
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/15/2013 10:36:46 AM
OMG! TMF.....WTF!!!! You are such a meanie! I had a really good comeback but I'll text you with it.....and here I was going to agree with your post....but forget it! :) Oooooh, I found two comebacks....ok will leave one here....what speed are you talking about?? ;)

Sngle Narlington: Thank you. Funny thing, most guys admit they don't even read my profile, just look at the photos and send a message. Go figure. What I thought was interesting, here this guy says all this stuff, did he really think I would respond in a positive way? Really? When I got that message, my first thought was "so creepy" and then my next thought, maybe I should consider more of the "hi there" only messages....hahahahah! It's a balancing act.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/15/2013 5:36:51 PM
^^^
Harmony, you have a profile? Well I know your speed but I'm talking speed is whatever the two think is a satisfactory time. That could be first meet or 10th meet (I've had both) and both have resulted in either lasting or short relationships, the "speed" had no difference in how long it lasted. For me, speedier ones on a hole have lasted much longer.
 Tastetherainbow76
Msg: 88
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/15/2013 9:24:15 PM
How ackward, lol
 Tastetherainbow76
Msg: 89
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/15/2013 9:27:09 PM
Yes, and whenyou don't or simply cannot respond due to being tied up at work, etc...The next text says...
"ARE YOU OK"? smh
 SngleNarlington
Msg: 90
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/16/2013 9:07:53 AM
This woman started sending me messages on POF and after about 15 messages she started telling me that she could relocate with her job to my State. I live in the middle of the US and she was along the east coast! The messages where pretty basic but after that last one the Block feature was put into use.

What I thought was interesting, here this guy says all this stuff, did he really think I would respond in a positive way? When I got that message, my first thought was "so creepy" and then my next thought, maybe I should consider more of the "hi there" only messages....hahahahah! It's a balancing act

I bet that tactic worked for him before, just not on you! You know the old saying "different strokes for different folks" but can you really blame the man for trying :)
 bamagrl68
Msg: 91
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/17/2013 2:20:55 PM
L d M 87- I met a guy on POF, we went on 2 dates and he was texting me all the time, pushing me to see him on all his days off (he only worked part time). It was just so overboard, I told him we weren't a match, I didn't want to see him anymore. He proceeded to send me texts for a month (I had long since blocked him on POF), I finally sent a return text and told him if he didn't stop texting me, I would have him charged with harassment, and then men wonder why I don't give out my number for a while anymore. Oh, and get this, he made up another profile and changed him screen name and contacted me AGAIN last week. I didn't even bother to reply, I just blocked him.
There was another that topped the last story. I met him on another dating site. We sent few messages back and forth online. Eventually he asked for a date and we agreed when and where to meet, then he says "can I ask a favor"? to which I said, maybe, it depends on the favor. He says, "I want you to take your profile off this dating site, since we are seeing each other". Of course, I said, No way! We just started chatting, we haven't even been out yet, I'm not taking my profile down yet. Then he says," but why not, I LOVE you?!" WTF?- :o, so then I sent him a message and said there in NO way you LOVE me, you don't even know me and that date we scheduled, it's cancelled and I promptly blocked him.
Fun times in this adventure that is online dating ;)
 brianmontreal79
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/18/2013 8:36:24 AM
This is my first posting after many years of reading POF forums. I probably `moved too fast` on my second date.

While photographing people at a social-political gala event in June of 2012 that I had helped organize, about ten people asked for their photos. In every case, I asked for their email and telephone number. One attractive lady, I followed up with two or three phone calls in July of 2012. (We did not meet on a dating site)

No contact until over a year later Sept. 2013 when I called her on Saturday afternoon for a date that same Saturday evening. She refused because she was going to a dinner party of eight people at her sisters. However, she invited me to the dinner party. This being our first date.

Our second date was Monday night for supper at a downtown restaurant. During the date, she mentioned that she was going on holidays the first week of October and had no plans. Since I had one week holiday in October with no plans, I asked that she not make any travel reservations so that we could travel to the same place.

Moving too fast, definitely!! But you never can tell.

Anyhow, we had several others dates that same week and there was discussion about a holiday in Dominican Republic or Las Vegas.

Oddly enough, later on that same week, we both changed our holidays. She added a second week in October so that she was taking the first two weeks, while I had changed my holiday from the second week to the first week of October.
And yes, that on Saturday, one week after our first date, we did make reservations to travel together to Las Vegas for a one week holiday. So you never can tell.
 Tom_MorganWV
Msg: 93
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/18/2013 9:20:40 AM

And yes, that on Saturday, one week after our first date, we did make reservations to travel together to Las Vegas for a one week holiday. So you never can tell.

Lordy! Don't leave us hangin'! How'd it turn out?
 brianmontreal79
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/18/2013 10:42:27 AM
For the record, it was a wonderful holiday. We continue to enjoy each others company on an exclusive basis and are planning a very short get away over the upcoming holiday season.
 Tom_MorganWV
Msg: 95
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/18/2013 10:48:35 AM

For the record, it was a wonderful holiday. We continue to enjoy each others company on an exclusive basis and are planning a very short get away over the upcoming holiday season.

Excellent!
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/18/2013 11:05:26 AM
^^^^ Whoa it took me thirty seven seconds to read your profile...and the guy stopped in between?
Incredible!
:)
 SngleNarlington
Msg: 97
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/18/2013 6:08:36 PM
@brianmontreal79

I’ve dated a few woman, where from the start we both felt so comfortable with each other that it was just an obvious match. It’s when you feel so comfortable with the other that you can easily stay up all night sharing your life with them. Good post hope you share more often.

One Saturday (could have been Sunday) I logged onto PoF to check messages then proceeded to clean around my house, laundry, listen to music, ponder the meaning of life and maybe the date the night before, running naked in front of the windows facing my neighborhood street, called my grandmother etc. etc. So about an hour later I logged back onto PoF and had four messages from the same woman. Of course I was excited about the possibilities yet thinking “4 messaged WTF”. 1st message, Hello my name is blah blah, I saw you looked at my profile and thought I would say hello. 2nd message, Hello anyone home? 3Rd message, what do you not think I’m attractive or are you gay or something? 4th message, Fvck you, you creepy mother fvcker, don’t ever contact me again (never contacted her but I did block her after that diatribe). It was the quickest relationship I’ve ever had or maybe she was “nuts”, who can be certain!
Oh I did look at her profile a couple of times because in her profile description she went on and on about how she liked to laugh, joke around, fun time with family etc. etc. and not in one picture, did she smile and I found it humorous.

Got a good laugh out of your post aanarchist lol
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 98
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/18/2013 8:06:36 PM
^^^^^^Very funny!

I bet that tactic worked for him before, just not on you! You know the old saying "different strokes for different folks" but can you really blame the man for trying :)

Snglenarlington - why you gotta bring sex into the picture???? :P

When I went overseas and had no service on my phone for 3 weeks, coming back I found my phone blown up with texts full of insecurity and negativity even after telling her there would be no contact while I was gone. Wait nvm thats not a story of moving too fast thats a story of a woman being nuts lol.

Aanarchist - that has got to be one of the funniest posts from you.....ever! Nice.... :)
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 99
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/19/2013 2:32:33 AM

Maybe i should adopt a no bullshit approach so a lady knows that if she gets out of line that I'm gone before she finishes her complaint

^^^^Oh good grief.......Could it be that your GF at that time REALLLLLY missed you when you got back from your water well farm family excursion? Was she fully informed with what you were doing, where you were going, etc....? If she was that unreasonable, of course, you did the right thing - let her go. And a "no bullshit approach" might be okay as long as you are not all "high and mighty" about it by adopting this new attitude. Chalk it up that you picked the wrong person. Geez, you are in your early 20's....cut yourself some slack and have fun with any women you get to encounter, date, have a relationship with. Think about it like this.......this particular experience sure does make for a great story!
 SngleNarlington
Msg: 100
Moving too fast stories?
Posted: 12/19/2013 10:44:14 AM

Snglenarlington - why you gotta bring sex into the picture???? :P

I didn’t know I was talking about sex! Just what is going on in DH2’s mind? Hmmm… interesting ;)

Geez, you are in your early 20's....cut yourself some slack and have fun with any women you get to encounter, date, have a relationship with

I think that is what aanarchist is trying to do, thus the reason for the boot mark on that girls azz lol Yes…you’ve been hit :P

Maybe i should adopt a no bullshit approach so a lady knows that if she gets out of line that I'm gone before she finishes her complaint

I do this but admittedly bend the rules just a little for a few.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "Moving too fast" stories?