Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 consigliere31
Msg: 186
question: why do jehova's witness's seem to be so pushy not judging just a questionPage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Damcute

The JW agenda is one of indoctrination through mainly fearful threats of disfellowshipping. In this type of organisation a strict control must be always exercised over those who are followers.

Watchtower literature is replete with admonitions to "dependent" Bible interpretation---That is, 'dependent on the watchtower Society. Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT to think for themselves in terms of interpreting the Bible. They are to submit their minds to the Watchtower Society...

From their own literature:

* "God has not arranged for (His) Word to speak independently or to shine forth life giving truths by itself. It is through His organization God provides light."

* "Avoid independent thinking...questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization."

* "Fight against independent thinking."

*Rather we should seek for dependent bible study, rather than for independent Bible study."

* "The bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind."

* "If we have love for Jehovah and for His organization of His people, we shall not be suspicious, but shall, as the bible says, 'believe all things', all the things that the watchtower brings out"

* He does not impart His Holy Spirit and an undersanding and appreciation of His Word apart from His visible organization"

I could provide dates of publications of the previous quotes if necessary

These are some of the methods that they use to keep fear in the hearts of the organizations members, and the main fear is the fear of being put out of the fellowship. They expect unquestioned obedience from all members. and they feebly attempt to use and distort Scripture to support their beliefs, but this they take far out of context to fit their own agenda.

If a witness disobeys the instructions of the watchtower, even on a relatively minor matter, the assumption is that the individual is 'apostate' and the punishment is disfellowshipping. Those members in good standing in te watchtower are forbidden to interact or talk with one who has been disfellowshipped. The only exception is if the disfellowshipped person is in one's immediate family--such as a husband and wife, in which case it is permissable to conduct 'necessary business' with him or her. The fear of disfellowshipping is a necessary fear implanted in all members to keep them from going elsewhere and hearing contradictory biblical teachings that challenge thier doctrine.
 coz dragonfly
Msg: 187
question: why do jehova's witness's seem to be so pushy not judging just a question
Posted: 2/19/2008 5:01:20 AM
because they are a brainwashing cult.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 188
view profile
History
question: why do jehova's witness's seem to be so pushy not judging just a question
Posted: 2/19/2008 7:30:22 AM
I invite them in and then grill them on the Bible, and their interpretation... they rarely come back.

It's fun

They only have a small repetoire of responses to my questions and are completely flustered by someone with scriptural knowledge.

I dated an ex-jw for a time and studied their literature and interpretations so I know what their position is...also they do not encourage scholarship amongst their follwers.. which really leaves them at a disadvantage.

I also have a friend who was raised in the faith..she no longer is a member. But she is so SCREWED-UP becuase of it I think it will take YEARS of therapy for her to get rid of some of the ideas she was indoctrinated into.

I do however, try to respect their beliefs(on a personal level)...and I can do that while challenging them.
 joanie23
Msg: 189
Posted: 2/20/2008 1:10:39 PM
In my opinion jw's are not a religion but a cult and that is what I tell them when they knock on my door.
 ClearAsWater123
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2008 7:43:23 PM
HELLO EVERYBODY,WELL I HAVE BEEN READING ALOT OF THINGS ON THIS THREAT FOR OVER 2 HOURS NOW....AND ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT THERES ALOT OF MEAN PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT DONT EVEN REALLY KNOW WHAT WITNESSES ARE REALLY ABOUT..THERE IS ALOT OF DIFFRENT THINGS GOING ON OUT THERE...MOST ARE LIES ....WE ARE NOT A SECT WE TRY TO FOLLOW WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES ...WE ARE NOT PERFECT AND WE KNOW THAT.BUT WE AT LEAST TRY TO IMITATE JESUS (GODS SON)ALOT OF YOU PEOPLE HAVE TRIED TO ANSWER TO ALOT OF QUESTION AND DO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT BECOUSE OF ALL THE RESEARCH FOUND IN THE ORGANISATION AND FROM WEBSITES ETC.BUT I THINK THAT IF ANYBODY HAS A QUESTION WHY NOT GO TO THE KINGDOM HALL AND ACTUALLY ASK AN ELDER WHO ARE THE ONES WITH THE MOST KNOWLEDGE.OR ANYBODY THERE...J W ARE NOT TRYING TO MAKE ANYBODY FEEL BAD OR UNCOMFORTABLE AT ALL,THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO DO WHAT JESUS DID IN HIS TIME AND SINCE WE ARE TRYING TO IMITATE JESUS THATS WHY THE DOOR TO DOOR COMES ABOUT.IF YOU ARE SIMPLY NOT INTERESTED JUST LET THEM KNOW AND THEY SHOULD NOT BOTHER YOU AGAIN....ANOTHER THING IS THAT THERE ARE MANY DIFFRENT KINGDOM HALLS IN DIFFRENT PLACES AND SOME MIGHT GO TO YOUR HOUSE ONE WEEK AND THEN THE OTHER WITNESSES FROM THE OTHER KINGDOM HALL MIGHT GO THE NEXT WEEK .BECOUSE THEY DONT SEE EACHOTHER ALL THE TIME TO KEEP THE ADDRESSES ALL THE TIME ....OR SOMETIMES IT MIGHT SLIP SOMEBODYS MIND TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT YOU NOT WANTING THEM TO GO TO YOUR HOUSE...IT JUST DEPENDS .....NOW THERE IS ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT CLAIM TO BE J W THAT ARE REALLY NOT , I THINK THESE ARE THE ONES THAT BOTHER YOU LIKE SOME EXPERIANCES THAT I READ HERE HAVE TAKEN PLACE...NOT SURE THOUGH....BUT THATS THE LAST THING JW WANT TO DO IS BOTHER PEOPLE ...THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THE BIBLE AND THE TEACHINGS....NOBODY REALLY WANTS TO FORCE ANYBODY TO COME INTO THE RELIGION AT ALL ...IF YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT A FREE BIBLE STUDY AT YOUR HOME YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME AND ALOT OF QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED ...AND IF NOT INTERESTED JUST LET THEM KNOW AND WE WONT TAKE IT PERSONAL WE WILL JUST MOVE ON...JW DONT EVER GET ANY MONEY FROM THE PEOPLE EVERYTHING IS FULLY FREE ONLY BY DONATIONS IF THE PERSON WANTS TO GIVE ANYTHING AND IT GOES TOWARDS MAKING MORE LITERATURE....WE DONT GET TO KEEP NOTHING...WE PREACH WITH ALL OUR HEART TO EVERYBODY NO MATTER THE RACE OR RELIGIOUS BELIEVES THEY MIGHT HAVE ...EVERYBODY IS THE SAME IN JEHOVAHS EYES...SO ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT IF YOU DONT WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH US JUST LET ANY JW KNOW (BUT NICELY)...AND THEY SHOULD KNOW NOT TO GO TO YOUR HOUSE AGAIN...OTHER THAN THAT ,I HOPE EVERYBODY STOPS SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT JW IF THEY DONT REALLY KNOW DEEPLY WHAT THE RELIGION IS ALL ABOUT.ALOT OF PEOPLE DO RESERCH IN DIFFRENT WEBSITES AND THOSE WEBSITES ARE NOT TELLING ALOT OF TRUE THEY MAKE IT SOUND LIKE IT IS THE TRUTH BUT IT IS NOT..THESE WEBSITES COME FROM APOSTATES OR PEOPLE THAT TRY TO MAKE EVERYBODY THINK IN A BAD WAY ABOUT JW.IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT JW BELIEVE ..HONESTLY READ YOUR BIBLE....
 DamCute
Msg: 191
Posted: 2/20/2008 11:03:38 PM
monalee1

Good post! Sometimes I get stuck between the Non and the Christians. Non's think you are this preachy broad and the Christians think I'm some heathen, when the truth is I'm a Christian who has no problem talking/befriending anyone. It was how I was raised by a real Christian woman (Love you Nana!) to treat everyone the way they want to be treated. I may not believe in what you say, and I might just openly disagree, but that doesnt' mean that everyone's lived my life and learned what I was tought, right? I still love and believe in God/Christ.
In an instance with people who dont believe, its' best to just be an example for others to learn by. Problem is, we're a society that has grown cynical and self-serving and very fearful.

((steps off the soapbox and hands the mic to the next poster.. . ))
 WindRoper
Msg: 192
Posted: 2/21/2008 7:58:24 AM
Right on! There are some great posts here at the end (even though LonelyHeart did post in all caps shout mode).
I grew up being told the JWs believed crazy things. Later in life I learned none of those claims were true. So I do encourage anyone who is truly interested in know what JWs believe/teach to ask a JW. Yes... some may have met a JW who seemed a little creepy/freaky. There are people like that in all faiths/walks of life. It's not exclusive to JWs, and there are JWs who are just like you and me.
I have friends who became JWs as young adults. Some of them have married JWs who are life-long members. So I know them, their spouses, and they've introduced me to other JWs. I have studied with them. When we reached a point that I could not agree with what was being taught and said it was not for me, I was not hounded or pushed in any way nor was their friendship withdrawn.
It is true I don't see them as often as I once did. They are very busy doing what they feel serves God. But I guarantee if one of their friends outside the JW circle has needed their help they have been there for them... with no expectation of anything in return.
 fitman2005
Msg: 193
Posted: 2/21/2008 8:10:11 AM

HELLO EVERYBODY,WELL I HAVE BEEN READING ALOT OF THINGS ON THIS THREAT FOR OVER 2 HOURS NOW....AND ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT THERES ALOT OF MEAN PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT DONT EVEN REALLY KNOW WHAT WITNESSES ARE REALLY ABOUT..THERE IS ALOT OF DIFFRENT THINGS GOING ON OUT THERE...MOST ARE LIES ....WE ARE NOT A SECT WE TRY TO FOLLOW WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES ...

wow..somebody forgot to take the caps key off.

Let's just stop right there!! Would you then deny the fact that JW's admit to the fact that they view Jesus Christ as being Michael, the archangel?? Because I HAVE confronted them in regards to this UN-BIBLICAL confession and they admitted and confirmed it to be true of their beliefs!! Others I have met and questioned also stated their disbelief that the Holy Spirit can enter a person..or seal them with salvation.

So I do encourage anyone who is truly interested in know what JWs believe/teach to ask a JW. Yes...

that's why I did ask them.
 WindRoper
Msg: 194
Posted: 2/21/2008 8:29:13 AM

Would you then deny the fact that JW's admit to the fact that they view Jesus Christ as being Michael, the archangel?? Because I HAVE confronted them in regards to this UN-BIBLICAL confession and they admitted and confirmed it to be true of their beliefs!! Others I have met and questioned also stated their disbelief that the Holy Spirit can enter a person..or seal them with salvation.

And what they believe is a huge stumbling block to you and your own personal faith because... ??? There are Christian faiths which teach if one does not speak in tongues then they do not have the holy spirit and therefore cannot truly be Christians or be saved. I don't agree with that teaching but it doesn't affect me personally one way or another.
 fitman2005
Msg: 195
Posted: 2/21/2008 9:23:16 AM
^^^^^^^^because it takes way from the glory and honor and diety of Christ and is to be considered a most blasphemous distortion of Scripture... much more so than the tongues doctrinal error. I would argue with both but obviously, it is a HUGE point of contention for most Believers in Christ and His word.
 wondering1980
Msg: 196
Posted: 2/21/2008 10:51:58 AM
oh yes i feel ya on that...tell them you want them to come join your cult...
that will make them leave ya alone
try catching waiting for a bus and they come up and start preaching to ya while waiting to catch a bus!!! thats even worse...
they walk around the street here randomly walking up to people and preaching...and once you let them in once they never leave you alone....they have also made people lose there kids cause the parents believed they wanted to help...so parents watch out cause they are only looking to control every step of your life and trying to take away your kids!!!
 WindRoper
Msg: 197
Posted: 2/21/2008 12:04:35 PM

because it takes way from the glory and honor and diety of Christ and is to be considered a most blasphemous distortion of Scripture...

Excuse me but I think that's a difference of opinion and not a stumbling block to you personally. If you are confident in your own beliefs then what someone else believes cannot "take away" from what you perceive as "the glory and honor and diety of Christ."
Blasphemy? Oh dear! Let's reinstitute the inquisition and flail the flesh from their bones before we execute them. How shall we do it? I know! Let's crucify them!
You simply want to argue doctrine and feel righteous. Who will all you mainstream Christians abuse next if you ever manage to purge the earth of those JWs and Mormons? Will the Catholics and Protestants riot and murder each other in the streets like in Belfast?
 fitman2005
Msg: 198
Posted: 2/21/2008 12:07:17 PM
message #223: ^^^^^^this is quite true. I have met more than several people who have been emotionally scarred from this cult..and its members. From recollection..there was excommunication involved even from one spouse to another. In other words, the 'Elders' of said church organization would demand a separation between a husband and wife until the other was brought into subjection according to their standards. This is UNACCEPTABLE. It goes well beyond the norm where matters of doctrine and faith are concerned, particularly between the relationship of a man and his wife.

Excuse me but I think that's a difference of opinion and not a stumbling block to you personally. If you are confident in your own beliefs then what someone else believes cannot "take away" from what you perceive as "the glory and honor and diety of Christ."
Blasphemy? Oh dear! Let's reinstitute the inquisition and flail the flesh from their bones before we execute them. How shall we do it? I know! Let's crucify them!
You simply want to argue doctrine and feel righteous. Who will all you mainstream Christians abuse next if you ever manage to purge the earth of those JWs and Mormons? Will the Catholics and Protestants riot and murder each other in the streets like in Belfast?

uhh no. When the veracity of the Bible and God's truths and contents are being attacked, people have a right to question, argue, extol, it's beliefs to others in a way that it will bring correction, reproof, understanding, WITHOUT any undue violence. The Apostle Paul did as much when addressing crowds in his time. It is no different today. He did this without violence or murder correct? I am confident of my beliefs...I am also confident that Christ and others stood for the truths of God's words and not the twisting, deceitful dogma and doctrine which can and DOES exist. You can also get off your soapbox now as you used way too much soap in that load.
 curvybunnyinsc
Msg: 199
Posted: 2/21/2008 7:02:42 PM
I agree with skypoet....a 'genuine' active, full fledge JW would NOT be here in general, let alone seeking a Marriage mate.

I have spent several days reading this post in entirety and I usually check the JW posts....I was a 'genuine' full fledge JW for 30 years. Quick builds, Bethel Tours, Pioneering, ect and its interesting to read about peoples ideas and views and misconceptions.

But the one point I want to make is.....if you think taking the WT and Awake or other literature will make the JW go away and leave you alone...WRONG! lol. Accepting the literature is only a way to guarantee they will be back! You see, we are taught to talk to anyone, everyone about Gods Kingdom ( Matt 24:14) and the worldwide preaching work needs to be done before the end of this system comes and the Paradise is restored. The preaching work is just another 'sign of the last days'

Now when you accept a piece of literature your name addy and date, ect are all written down in each individuals 'return visit' book. Aha, you are now a return visit! Times are hard to find individuals to talk to so even if you are half way nice you increase your chances of getting dropped on for a visit. MOST JW's hate going out into the 'door to door' work, but its a Biblical requirement, (Luke 8:1) so we do it. You have to buy suits, dress clothes, have a presentable car, ect...and you never get to sleep in! But you keep doing it. Weekly meetings are at each KH to train you how to conduct Bible studies, meet with obstacles ect.

The meetings of JW's are meant to be encouraging you to do more...and more and more and more.....and many JW's are made to feel they can never be good enough and so going out door to door is another way to do more. Half the morning is spent directly door to door and other have, after a coffee break is spent doing return visits! YOU!! Or if its rainy, cold, bored,ect...everyone gets out the RV book and start calling on ones who previously were polite or accepted literature.

As was suggested in other posts, if you don't want them to return, you must insist they put YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS IN THE TERRITORY MAP AS A DO NOT CALL! Then once a year the junior elders, ministerial servants, will make a call to see if you moved, changed your mind ect. Just telling one person to not call means for them to not call...so the next one gets you at home and the process is repeated. Each area is divided up into a territory and worked accordingly with a map ect. So get your name in the territory map!

Yes there are more issues with blood transfusions, pedophiles within the congregation, disfellowshipping.....these are big issues and the general mindset of most JW's are that in time Jehovah will take care of it all...just wait.

I suggest if you have genuine questions go to one of the largest online sites available and its also the biggest JW site for support, answers ect.
JW-discussion.com or do a search for X=jws

Almost all JW's who have left or been forced to leave have found this site to be of great benefit because unless you have been a JW you do not really understand what it is really like.

I was DF 8 years ago...spent 3 trying to become reinstated but they would never accept me. Now I am so glad to be out and free!
 areelady
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2008 9:20:22 PM
skypoetone.....when was the last time you updated your information or are you basing it on times gone by? way way way back when.....
 consigliere31
Msg: 201
Posted: 2/21/2008 10:33:21 PM

The meetings of JW's are meant to be encouraging you to do more...and more and more and more.....and many JW's are made to feel they can never be good enough and so going out door to door is another way to do more.

There was an evil Pharoah once, he owned many Israelite slaves, He used to get them to make bricks, his demands were alwaysto make more bricks and more bricks, and more and more and more, until eventually he even wanted more made without them using straw......sound familiar?
 ClearAsWater123
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2008 6:32:08 PM
Well,so sorry about the capital letters im just new to all this.Iam seeing that theres alot of disfellowshiped persons here or apostates also.I have a question that comes to my mind...Dont you get scared or insecure at the back of your heads that all this might come true ???That maybe we are in the last days and Jehovah is going to bring a distruction on earth???What then???What if it does come and you and your loved ones do get distroyed???Just think about this for a moment....What are you going to do???Anyways i should not be here you are right about this, but i just needed to give my opinion on these things...I am a witness but not fully into having alot of knowledge but i dont talk bad about my believes or anybodys believes in a bad way eighther..We need to respect everybody for what they believe in .Everybody has there own religion and believes and they all think that the religion they are in is the correct one.But out of experiance i do believe in the only religion that tries to imitate jesus and focuses on the bible 100% . Like the watchtowers and awakes ,they are all acording to the scriptures from the bible ... You can even read from the catholic bible and compare the texts and they say the same thing ,so it is not something made out from the JW bible it is said in all bibles....We are just trying to help people as we are told that we are living in the last days and we want you and everybody to have a chance to have an eternal everlasting life here on earth ...Becouse jehovah promises us that we will live here as adam and eve did once .And since we are not the once to be blamed for all these happenings it was not our fault that adam and eve sinned we are promised that we are going to live in a paradise here on earth...And personally i do believe this is going to happen sooner or later becouse Jehovah god promised us and he does not ever lie...
 areelady
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2008 7:25:01 PM
you feel that you have no need to update because of reasons/excuses given.....and those people you mentioned and contact or lack of. You'd would be intersted if anything had changed......since what year?....
 curvybunnyinsc
Msg: 204
Posted: 2/22/2008 8:18:54 PM
As I said earlier, a genuine JW would not be here and especially not looking for a mate as your profile indicates.

You really need to go to jw-discussion and get the bigger pix of just what the Organization is really all about.....there is good about applying bible principles but when an organization puts more emphasis on the higher ups and not on God, there is a real big problem.

Most members loyalty is to an organization, ie WATCHTOWER, and not to Jehovah himself.

But when you are ingrained into this lifestyle you believe that your total loyalty to an group of men in NY is your way to Jehovah.

You do not see the cult control until you are out of it and then you are left to being a changed person, with challenges but not something unbearable and there is life beyond the WT.

And for what happens in the future........remains to be seen. And many JW's also realize they are judged by heart condition and just because you have the label JW does not mean instant paradise. Even DFJW can possibly be in that paradise, yup, thats a belief.
 ClearAsWater123
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2008 11:25:10 PM
EVERYTHING THAT COMES FROM THE WATCHTOWERS AND FROM NY AND THE GOV BODY IS FROM JEHOVAH HIMSELF...AS FOR ME BEING A JW THIS IS REALLY TO MY COUNSIOUS .SO REALLY THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO I AM JUST TRYING TO GET MY POINT OF VIEW ACROSS ALSO .I CANT JUST KEEP QUIET WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING..BUT NOW I BELIEVE THIS IS JUST USELESS....SO WATEVER!!!
 areelady
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2008 2:31:20 PM
yes you seem to have....and I agree most personal opinions and feelings should definitely not be aired....ok....being not baptized is a bit different but with whatever recent or non is relevant....but we all have a choice....and it is obvious you have made yours.....and my wonderment is....who has labelled you as an apostate?
 consigliere31
Msg: 207
Posted: 2/23/2008 2:56:49 PM

EVERYTHING THAT COMES FROM THE WATCHTOWERS AND FROM NY AND THE GOV BODY IS FROM JEHOVAH HIMSELF...AS FOR ME BEING A JW THIS IS REALLY TO MY COUNSIOUS .SO REALLY THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO I AM JUST TRYING TO GET MY POINT OF VIEW ACROSS ALSO .I CANT JUST KEEP QUIET WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING..BUT NOW I BELIEVE THIS IS JUST USELESS....SO WATEVER!!!

The problem I see with taking this to mean that the Watchtower is God's voice, is that a person has to deny the false prophecies that have been made in the history of the organization. Scripture is quite clear on whether a prophet is from God or not and that is stated in the fact that there will be no error in prophecy.

from Watchtower Magazine april 1972 p. 197

"Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a 'prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. What does it show?"

Another issue march 1965 p. 151 says

the best methos of proof is to put a prophecy to the test of time and circumstances. The Bible invites such a test.......the Bible.......established the rules for testing a prophecy at Deuteronomy 18:20-22

Deuteronomy 18
20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."

21 You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD ?" 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

hence a true prophet is revealed by his prophecies coming to pass.

Now though the JW organization can only admit that it was wrong, concerning predictions for 1874 as the return of Christ, 1925 for the coming of select Old Test. saints appearing on earth. 1975 the end of human history....and in the same breath the JW Orgaination claims to have enjoyed spiritual enlightenment and direction for over a century.....

How can this be?

The Watchtower lays out the criteria themselves of proving a false prophet, and then prooves itself to be a false prophet.
 ClearAsWater123
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2008 7:52:16 PM
FIRST OF ALL ,TAZE RUSELL WAS NOT EVEN A WITNESS AND SECOND EVERYBODY DOES MAKE MISTAKES BECOUSE NOBODY IS PERFECT AND SO THE TIMES HAVE CHANGED AND AS TIME GOES BY THE GOV BODY DOES GET MORE ACURATE KNOWLEDGE IN WATEVER THE SIRCUMSTANCES MIGHT BE.THE MORE TIME GOES BY THE MORE THEY TEACH ITAND THINGS DO CHANGE WITH TIME ALSO.SO JUST BECOUSE THEY MADE A MISTAKE WITH THE EXCACT TIMES BEFORE DOES NOT MEAN THAT JEHOVAH IS ACTUALLY GOING TO STOP ARMAGEDON FROM COMING .AND IT DOES NOT MATTER ON WHAT DATE WITCH NOBODY REALLY KNOWS...AND I WRITE AS I WANT...POET YOU ARE VERY ANNOYING ALSO AND I NEVER DID MENTION IT...SO IF YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY I WRITE THEN STOP READING WHAT I SAY...THAT SIMPLE!!!
 consigliere31
Msg: 209
Posted: 2/23/2008 11:34:14 PM
FIRST OF ALL ,TAZE RUSELL WAS NOT EVEN A WITNESS AND SECOND EVERYBODY DOES MAKE MISTAKES BECOUSE NOBODY IS PERFECT AND SO THE TIMES HAVE CHANGED AND AS TIME GOES BY THE GOV BODY DOES GET MORE ACURATE KNOWLEDGE IN WATEVER THE SIRCUMSTANCES MIGHT BE.THE MORE TIME GOES BY THE MORE THEY TEACH ITAND THINGS DO CHANGE WITH TIME ALSO.SO JUST BECOUSE THEY MADE A MISTAKE WITH THE EXCACT TIMES BEFORE DOES NOT MEAN THAT JEHOVAH IS ACTUALLY GOING TO STOP ARMAGEDON FROM COMING .AND IT DOES NOT MATTER ON WHAT DATE WITCH NOBODY REALLY KNOWS

You really don't make much sense to me in what you are saying.

First you claim the Watchtower is Jehovah's voice

The Watchtower lays out the criteria as written in scripture regarding discerning false prophets.

Now you are saying that prophets can make mistakes.

I will tell you what,

The ONLY prophets who make mistakes, are the ones who are not speaking Jehovah's words, because Jehovah does not make mistakes, So if the Watchtower can make mistakes, then obviously they are not speaking on Jehovah's behalf.

Whenever the apostles or prophets were speaking as God's mouthpeices to humanity, they NEVER communicated any false notions. No true prophet of God ever made a mistake while uttering a prophecy because he was delivering God's word to humanity, NOT HIS OWN.

There is no legitimate comparison between the true prophets of God and thier unfailing prophecies, and the Watchtower with thier many and consistant false prophecies..
 cocytus
Msg: 210
Posted: 2/25/2008 8:02:54 AM
Jehovah's Witnesses are pushy because people allow them to be.
If/when they come to my door (which is rarely as I have my property posted) I'm as rude as I can be w/o name-calling.
I have no time for their nonsense nor did I request their presence at my home.
If they decide to come on my posted property, they'll leave w/ their feelings hurt.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >