Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 23
Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman: Any Opinions?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

I'm glad you agree, see all it takes is some step at a time.

No problem.

Though as an honest guy like I am, I would like to talk to you about a bridge I am selling.

Let me know if you are interested, and if bridges are not for you, then you might want to consider looking at some beach front real-estate opportunities I have coming up in Arizona.
 70hank
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Eat to Live by Dr. Mark Fuhrman: Any Opinions?
Posted: 1/18/2013 11:32:05 AM
Ilike it and have seen it work for me and a few others...

Weight will fix it self if you eat proper # of calories and exercise...

The biggest impact or improvement with strict plant based diet is the sexual perfomance:
- erection strength( harder for longer)
- orgasm power for 1, 2 even 3 orgasms in an interaction
- and the feeling even improved :)

Heart rate has improved, blood pressure, pulse....
 Lovelyladyuno
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/3/2013 12:43:30 AM
I bought this book today. It will be a major change from the way I'm accustomed to eating. Also, I will still want to give my children milk, fish, chicken and eggs. I have that mindset hardwired into me, so I'm trying to figure out how to instead incorporate this way of eating while not robbing my kids of nutrients they need to grow healthy. I'm sure this has to be better than Mc Donalds though. I am also worried that I won't have enough energy living off of berries, so I will definitely have to try some of the more in depth recipes. I'm also wondering if I should start shopping at a more health food oriented store so that I'm not tempted by all the processed foods at the normal grocery stores. It is exciting though, the idea of the health benefits and the claims of the very easy weight loss. It feels like this book is a special gift, a new, better way of doing things.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2013 12:49:15 PM
I think that the thing missing from healthy eating guides, is suiting them to the consumer. For example my diet, as a largely sedentary middle aged woman, would be totally different to that of a male manual worker. If I were to cook for him, he'd lose weight. He would need more calorie dense food. If he cooked for me, I'd balloon. I just cannot imagine that our diets would be the same. That's not to say that you cannot cook together, but there would be adjustments.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2013 1:18:42 PM
Full ramble. I'm quite worried about a male friend who has been losing weight. His girlfriend is a pescatarian, and obsessed with healthy eating,in a selective, and very fussy, way. My friend is a labourer, and works all hours, so the girlfriend does the cooking.The doc has run tests because he is not well at all. He's not a babe in arms, but is buying into this very low calorie lifestyle.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2013 2:42:37 PM
My friend was muscular toned and slim before he started to lose weight
 Lovelyladyuno
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:25:41 PM
My aunt and uncle are on the diet and my uncle lost 11 pounds the first 10 days. I tried to start eating fruits and veggies this morning but mid day I ate some of the pancakes I made for my children. I have to have all of the ingredients to make those meals before I start trying or otherwise I'm too hungry and don't have enough energy to continue with that plan. Everything for me would have to be done in advance. When I am hungry, I am not hungry for raw fruits and veggies. I'm hungry for cinnamon rolls, oreo cookies, fried chicken and those kinds of things. I even drank a glass of milk today because I felt like that book is trying to rob me of milk. I have decided that I will still go out and buy the ingredients for those recipes, but hesitantly. I'm almost ready to return this book and go with weight watchers points plus system. That is more in line with what I like "meat, milk, eggs" but at the same time I know that this current book is probably right in saying that animal protein is probably bad for us. I just don't know what to think. I don't know how I'm going to be satisfied with water, kale, and hummus, when I'm used to drinking diet soda and eating everything I want.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 3:08:12 AM

I am not hungry for raw fruits and veggies. I'm hungry for cinnamon rolls, oreo cookies, fried chicken and those kinds of things.

Thats appetite/cravings-addictions NOT HUNGER.

IF you stop 2-4 weeks with the junk it will pass.

I found chromium picolinate or GTF chromium 200 mcg twice a day helped me get past them with 5 htp 100 mg up to 3 times a day max and it still was hard.

You need to know how to dose/ so dont run out and get it with no one to explain it correctly and if you have health issues consult with a nutritionist

Diet sodas are HARD to give up..esp if you have been drinking them for many years..

Once you do those things they will make you feel bad/lethargic to headaches to consume ( bad food hangovers)
 Lovelyladyuno
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/4/2013 10:51:15 AM
Every time I go on a diet, I usually come up with my own plan and I'm able to lose close to twenty pounds then I get really sick. Last time I got tonsilitis and went to the emergency room. The time before that I got severe bronchitis. I'm thinking this Eat to live plan would help keep my immune system up to par. Thanks for the advice. I'll post again if I have any luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >