Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Must have car and job=gold digger?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HazelRose
Msg: 44
Must have car and job=gold digger?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
To WomanInProgress, if you took offense to my none named post, that iswas not my intention.
To everyone else, especially those who may know what I am writing about:

Sure, if a person does not have a job dating might not be the first priority, but don't people say that to single mom's and dad's twho work too. Dating is NOT a priority in any respect. When it becomes that, well you guess it, it becomes a job. No wonder there are so many single people out there.

My dad was a jobless Vietnam Vet who even though he had served his country, could not find a job. He moved from Puerto Rico to New York to California where he met my mother. She was not jobless, and she was going to school working on her masters. They fell inlove anyways, dating cheaply, going to free open air concerts, and guess what? They got married, and within the time they were seeing each other, he did finally get a job, and he was able to help her out while she finished school. They would still be together if she had not died from some horrible cancer that ate her from the inside out.

My advice is that nothing in life is ever what it seems, and that grabbing life by the horns whether you have money or not is the best way to go.

It is fine and dandy for those who will not give another person a chance due to every reason Heaven and Hell can throw at you, but never expect another person to just bow down and take it. Poor or rich, we humans are too strong for that co
 RushLuv
Msg: 45
Must have car and job=gold digger?
Posted: 7/24/2009 8:06:25 PM

But a woman that specifies a man must a certain kind of car or high-end car and top paying job?

Haha. This reminded me of "Coming To America", where the random woman insist that she won't date a guy unless he drives a BMW.

I do agree that if she's requesting that a guy drives a certain car, or he must have this type of job, she probably is a golddigger more than likely.

Stating that someone must have a vehicle, and a job is not golddigging in the least bit. At least not the way I see it.

These type of people obviously have themselves together, and they don't want to be someones personal taxi, or being the one to always pay every time the two of you step out.

It makes total sense.
 techgirl27
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2009 9:33:22 PM
Actually, flashy car, house and lifestyle are things that I would NOT want in a guy per se, simply because it shows he is either wasteful or irresponsible with his money. Bigger houses and pricier cars are more expensive to maintain, and if I get involved I'm going to have to deal with repairs to said items too, even if its just his complaining about it til the next payday. Dont need it. Just evidence that he is self sufficient.

Its one thing to truly appreciate quality, to spend money for the sake of it is entirely another.
 Izarith
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/25/2009 2:26:27 AM
I love the way women jump on threads like this and always try to explain their gold digging actions.

But what really gets me going is how Butt licking guys post posts that glorify the gold diggers LOL! I can just see them having two POF windows open at the same time clicking back and forth to see what gold digger has viewed his profile!!

Oh you spineless sorry sons of daughters.

What the hell has happened to us men I ask you? Did your balls drop off?

I mean are you guys so unable to get a girl with out acting like their good little chiwawa?

And you women who call us all financially irresponsible beggars need to understand that (Drum Roll Please!) Your on a free dating site!!

If any of you women who have cars, money and all that financially responsible stuff were not absolutely terrible people you would have a date!!! You would have a man! And you would not be explaining yourself or putting car-less men down on a Gold Diggers site!!

Get over yourselves. Your on Mad TV's "Lowered Expectations" Babes!

TA!!
Izzy.
 shenadowa
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 2:57:06 AM
OH HOW I LOVE THIS..I RECENTLY HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH WHOM I THOUGHT WAS MY NEW
LOVE OF MY LIFE FROM PLENTY OF FISH, PACKED UP EVERYTHING I OWNED AND MOVED TO WISCONSIN, QUIT MY WONDERFUL JOB, HE INSISTED I DIDN'T NEED ANY OF MY HOUSEHOLD ITEMS (WHICH HE CONDONED BECAUSE MOST OF MY FURNITURE WAS GIVEN TO ME BY FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND FROM YARD SALES) ..OUR RELATIONSHIP LASTED 6 WEEKS, HE DECIDED "HE" WASN'T HAPPY SO HE SENT ME BACK PACKING, COMING BACK HOME WITH NOTHING, NO MONEY, NO FURNITURE, THANK GOD I KEPT MY CAR SO I COULD GO BACK TO WORK..AND THEN HE SENT AN EMAIL STATEING I WAS A "GOLD DIGGER B----!HE GAVE ME NOTHING, I ASKED FOR NOTHING, I WAS SELF SUPPORTING BEFORE I MET HIM, AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, "HE" MADE THE DECISION HE PAID FOR THE UHAUL TO GET ME BACK TO MY HOMETOWN, HIS CHOICE..TO CALL ME A GOLD DIGGING B....WAS TOTALLY UNNECESSARY, I ASKED FOR NOTHING BUT THE "LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP" I WAS LOOKING FOR ON P.O.F. NAME CALLING WASN'T NECESSARY, PRETTY HEARTLESS IF U ASK ME I THOUGHT MAYBE HE FOUND YOUR LINE AND USED IT AS A STAB ONE MORE TIME...IT CAUGHT MY EYE WHEN I WAS READING FORUMS...I SEEK NOTHING FROM P.O.F. EXCEPT WHAT MY PROFILE READS JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE TRYING TO FIND THEIR SOLEMATE..MAY GOD SEE FIT TO FORGIVE HIM FOR HIS HEARTLESS CHOICE OF WORDS TOWARD WOMAN ...HE WAS DEFINITELY NOT P.O.F. MATERIAL.....THATS NOT WHAT THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT...ITS CAREING PEOPLE TRYING TO FIND THEIR SOLEMATES FOR LIFE, NOT A SITE FOR NAME SLINGING AND BASHING ON WOMEN (OR MEN)..
 Izarith
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/25/2009 3:10:23 AM
Hello SHENADOWA,

THATS NOT WHAT THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT...ITS CAREING PEOPLE TRYING TO FIND THEIR SOLEMATES FOR LIFE, NOT A SITE FOR NAME SLINGING AND BASHING ON WOMEN (OR MEN)..

How On earth could you give the most stomach churning, heart breaking, most terrible story I've ever in my life heard only to still be on this site.....*Facepalm*

OH MY GOD!

Seriously Hon, what is wrong with you.

How? Why?

Look at what happened to you, and you want me to agree that the people on this site are about soul mates and love?

I wish you luck in life Girl, your going to need it.

TA!!
Izzy.

P.S. I was not taking about all women, any girl who does what you did is not a gold digger and that guy was a total douchebag. But I will not tolerate any woman calling me a bum. Sorry you got caught in the crossfire.
 shenadowa
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 3:22:02 AM
YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NAIL
 Izarith
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/25/2009 3:39:12 AM
Hello SHEADOWA,

YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NAIL

BTW.....I was wondering.....would you be willing to pack up all your things and come live with me?

You have a car right? Oh and make sure you bring all the furniture you can Hon.

I'm just kidding, Your a sweet girl and that's why i get so mad and so vulgar on these forums. All good girls like you are turned into cold hearted Velociraptor by the time men get through with them. And the same happens to men too

Both men and women need to stop using each other, this world is so messed up and it just seem to me that every day people get more awful with one another. So I try to get deep down under people's skin so that vile puss can come out and maybe some wounds will heal.

Keep you chin up kiddo, And always look for that silver lining.

Izzy.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/25/2009 5:06:43 AM
Who gives a shit about having a job or not... Everybody's got the right enjoy him/herself in life and it shouldn't depend on a job, especially not now in times like these. Besides, a job only steals your life anyway and won't leave much time for dating or other interests for that matter.
 barbee1970
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/25/2009 7:56:45 AM
No I'm definitely not a gold digger. I am content with my own money and personal belongings.

The problem with no job/no car is they lay around all day waiting for someone else to support them. Then we end up carting them around everywhere. I know through past experiences.

Yup, my back hurts, I have pinched nerves, yet I'll go out and work 12 hours a day, why can't he?
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 10:16:15 AM

A car & job? Dang she must really be poor if that's all the gold digging she is looking for!

That was along the lines of what I tend to think when I see this "must have car and job" criteria prominently displayed in a woman's profile, namely that she comes from such a low social milieu that all she commonly meets are guys who are so far down in economic status that merely having a car/job (any car/job, to take things at face value) puts the guy up near the top of the heap.

Within that context she's certainly being blatantly money and status conscious, but it's more the level at which she's at which reflects poorly on her (in my estimation) than the fact of her being money and status conscious itself.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/25/2009 10:24:43 AM

To WomanInProgress, if you took offense to my none named post, that iswas not my intention.

Not at all, I didn't think you were referring to me specifically, but I did want to clarify what I meant by what I said based on your post.

Who gives a shit about having a job or not... Everybody's got the right enjoy him/herself in life and it shouldn't depend on a job, especially not now in times like these. Besides, a job only steals your life anyway and won't leave much time for dating or other interests for that matter.

That's great if you don't enjoy working and don't like what you do when you are working. If you do like to work and enjoy it when you do what you like to do, you tend to not be in a good frame of mind for much of anything when you're not working.
 bobburris
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2009 10:32:48 AM
the men and women they are talking about in this forum are not true gold diggers. the true gold diggers has a build in sence for men with money and they wouldn't give the average joe the time of day. when they are done cleaning your smoke stack you will be flat ass broke and heavy into debt. been there done that. ha ha
 CountIbli
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/11/2009 11:22:02 AM

I noticed something pretty strange in my time on these forums, mainly men calling women gold diggers for demanding that a man have a job and/or a car. Since when did looking for something other than street bums start to mean that these women are gold diggers.

How come you never see men demanding that the woman have a job and a car? If you ever did you'd have 50 women screaming that that the guy is a playa that wants to sponge off as many women as he can.
 UltraFarkistan
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2009 2:49:28 PM
Why a car? Seriously, I live in the core of a major urban center. I take the transit to work and everywhere I need on a daily basis. If I go somewhere for the weekend, I can rent one.
 Super_Eve
Msg: 59
Posted: 11/11/2009 6:13:12 PM

If I'm a gold digger because I have an expectation that a guy own a reliable car that's highway worthy and not being held together by duct tape, well then I guess I'm a gold digger.

I guess I am one too...

Although I still want them to have a job, too. I just think that guys who have too much time on their hands, get really weird and stalker-like.
 startle
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/11/2009 6:37:00 PM
men who complain about a female wanting this or that are just jealous and frustrated...they wish they could pick and choose their love interest...they wish they had females saying...please o please i want your body so much...here i'll give you this and this...but alas it isn't like that for men...they find themselves having to offer something...gifts, money or support is what some men offer....others are left just wondering...how do i get what i want hmmmmm.....you men sure do have a rough time of it...poor things....i feel so sorry for you....haha
 Super_Eve
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/11/2009 10:17:40 PM

Yeah, that too, but if they're going to school in a field in which they're likely to get a job when they graduate *cough*not liberal arts*cough* I can make exceptions.

I can too...

I'm more likely to find a guy who drives an expensive luxe vehicle more of a turn off.

I concur...it's like we share the same brain.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/12/2009 3:58:14 AM

BTW, gold diggers don't hang out on FREE dating sites.

I couldn't agree more, TuffLuv.

This is a free dating site. I haven't seen too many male profiles here with the profession of doctor/lawyer/CEO, etc. etc. REAL gold diggers latch onto men who are successful and well to do - they don't latch onto teachers or welders or bus drivers.

I laugh every time I see that overused word here on POF.
 scottey63
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2009 1:30:20 PM
I agree with the OP. Where I live a job and a car would be the basics of a functioning life.

I would also expect a woman to have a job and a car, which means being independent enough to support herself and go where she needs to go, and not depend on others for those things.
 m14shooter
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2009 4:01:24 PM
I have been rejected by women because I am self employed and don't have a 9 to 5 like they do. Had one woman tell me I had to have a real career with a company like her to continue dating her, wonder how she's doing. Really funny hearing this crap from a woman when I am the one living in a paid off house and they aren't. To me it says they are looking for someone to help pay their bills.
 MissaInVA
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/12/2009 4:47:22 PM
Some guys use "self-employed" as a code for unemployed or seriously under-employed. While I wouldn't reject a guy based on being self-employed, I would ask questions about what exactly it was he did.
 LabGrl
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/14/2009 10:28:15 PM
I go to school part time, work full time, live on my own and have my own car. If a guy dont have a car AND a job, Im not talking to him, im sorry but im not playing taxi, i've done that before and im not supporting his arse (been there as well), so he may as well get a job.
If I go to supper with a guy, I tell them first I will pay my own bill and will never let a guy pay for me, EVER. Call me independant, cheap or whatever but I dont want a guy mooching off of me nor do I want him to think im mooching off of him.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2009 12:28:54 AM
Wanting a man with a car and a job, does not make a woman a gold digger. A man must have a car to come to meet me, which is usually 72 miles away, and be able to take me out where I can relax and have a few drinks without me driving and getting a DUI. I need more than a few drinks to put up with the guys I have met. A man must have a job, to take a woman out, to have a car and to drive to her comfort zone which is where she lives. You guys all just want to use us, so take us out and let us have a few drinks to relax us and be able to afford this much for starters. Wanting this, does not make a woman a gold digger.
 Vannili
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2009 7:18:45 AM
I don't know why men here, inPOF thinks that they are mines,that women are in heat to dig gold from them, when they are also like the rest of us trying to meet ends met.
Of course ,there are women who think that the can dig gold on the ruble of stones and dirt. I don't think they can even find a fake gold on those.... so to speak

If I have a house and a car, it is because I slaved myself working to own it.. And I will not be attracted to a man WITH OUT a car and a job...

So is he , he won't be attracted to me, if I don't have a job and a car..........
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Must have car and job=gold digger?