Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > Everyone else is doin it....I want a thread too lol      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thebigcaper
Msg: 76
view profile
History
composed with fellfromheaven in mindPage 4 of 175    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
24 THINGS TO ALWAYS REMEMBER AND ONE THING NEVER TO FORGET... *Your presence is a present to the world*You're unique and one of a kind.*Your life can be what you want it to be.*Take the days just one at a time.*Count your blessings,not your troubles.*You'll make it through whatever comes along.*Within you are so many answers.*Understand, have courage,be strong.*Don't put limits on yourself.*So many dreams are waiting to be realized.*Decisions are too important to leave to chance.*Reach for your peak, your goal,and your prize.*Nothing wastes more energy than worrying.*The longer one carries a problem the heavier it gets.*Don't take things too seriously.*Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets.*Remember that a little love goes a long way.*Remember that a lot... goes forever.*Remember that friendship is a wise investment.*Life's treasures are people...together.*Realizethat it's never to late.*Do ordinary things in exraordinary ways.*Have health and hope and happiness.*Take the time to wish upon a star.*AND DON'T EVER FORGET.....FOR EVEN A DAY...... HOW VERY SPECIAL YOU ARE. the big caper
 catsmeow02
Msg: 77
composed with fellfromheaven in mind
Posted: 7/10/2005 12:17:43 PM
Fell,

I can bring enough ice cream whipped cream and sundae topping for all to share.
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/10/2005 2:54:58 PM
Thanks Bigcaper for posting a list of things we should all remember daily to have a happy life.Pickles...Nice of you to take the time to read this thread..LMAO on Rory thing hahaha Im about to pee my pants.Cats,as always girl,youre more than generous....but ya better bring an ice cream truck Chica....cause I love the stuff!haha Poet ....Imaginatively beautiful writes as always...Thanks so much for posting ,and come back soon everyone....Hugs all around,Kat...*Oh if anyone is interested check the poetry contest thread Im running ...woo hoo Its a free for all!
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/10/2005 8:45:22 PM
Wonderful writes poet!Much appreciated as always...have a great night Ill try to post something later
 rory27
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Can it be Love
Posted: 7/11/2005 1:25:10 AM
Hey, pickles,

MIDDAY DREAM

The midday light blinds me
as I sit stunned on the wet
felled pine, and gaze,
unbelieving, on your prostrate naked form,
your wildness now asleep,
only long, even breaths repeated
from your tawny heated diaphragm.
What are you dreaming of, Love,
as the waves wash and repeat
their posturing one song
along the shore's corridors?
Don't wake yet. Dream on,
and know I'm protecting you
with my love, washed haphazardly
by my heart's sea, pulsing
and more powerful than the loud,
spent cumulative weightless foam,
evaporating on the porous grey floor,
a few bubbles left to pop,
while our dreams suffuse with the sun.

fellfrom, keep those words rollin'
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 81
Thanks everyone:)
Posted: 7/11/2005 1:29:24 AM
Thanks Lightblue and poet for posting again in this thread.I enjoy readin all your writes.Youre welome here anytime..Excellent stuff,and incredibly moving beyond mere words from me..Heres a lil poem I wrote about being such an avid morning enthusiast LMAO

Its Morning...
I wasnt expecting you so soon
As A light I cant trun off
Once again invades my darkened room
I try to pull the blankets over my head
But Im clausterphobic
So it seems Ill have to face you now instead
Morning...Who let you in
I really wish I could just go back to sleep again
Escape my thoughts for a little while....
But my fluffy white pillow world was interrupted
Now Im over tired and utterly disgusted
Like a puppet held by wire strings
My body separates from last nights dreams
I sit by the window and braid my hair
Feeling its silkiness streaming down my back
As i wonder what Ill do first today

As morning...once again..(sighs)Gets her way

I dont really hate mornings this much haha Its just melodramatic for fun...Have a great morning all LOL Ill put up some coffee..Who wants the first cup?
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 82
Thanks everyone:)
Posted: 7/11/2005 1:33:21 AM
Hey Rory LMAO JK You snuck in here while I was posting...Awesome to see you as always even though I gave you the thumbs down last time(Thinking innocently all this time it was a left handed high five) Thanks for setting me straight...and for coming back in spite of my moments of obvious genius LOL I love everything you post here...Sheer Brilliance as always..Hugs and see ya around here soon...Kat
 Alistair10
Msg: 83
Insomnia
Posted: 7/11/2005 11:29:43 AM
Unknown

Alone in the dark my eyes peer into the inky blackness above me. Searching for something I cannot see or fully comprehend. Outside my window the cats begin to howl together. An eerie, frightful baying that fills the cool night air. Twilight encroaches upon my senses and a warm fuzzy peace fills my being. My eyes start to droop, finally closing.

However, all is not quiet in my mind, and an indistinct vision flashes across the screen of my closed eyelids. I start to muddle through memories stored in the vault at the far reaches of my brain. I'm afraid to unlock them. Scanning for that thing I have yet to see and understand, the vision somes once again. It flashes past into the infinity of space my shuttered eyes perceive. I start to realize the correlation between the image and the elusive "thing" for which I search.

Yet it is foggy in my slowly diminishing consciousness as sleep begins to take its hold. I NEED to see, to UNDERSTAND this emotional itch I cannot scratch! Struggling now, I long for understanding, before this all becomes a forgotten dream, floating into the past. Just another fluff of Dandelion blown away on the winds of memory.

Outside my window the cats cease their nocturnal banter. My curtains billow as a fragrant night breeze enters my room. The image comes one last time and with all my sleep encrusted senses I reach out! At last capturing the image in my minds eye. I am stunned by the beauty of the trapped image, and a smile slowly spreads across my dreaming face as I finally understand.

The emotional itch finally leaves me be as I look upon the radiance, and sheer beauty, of the face floating before my dreaming eyes. Mon Cheri...It's you.
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 84
Insomnia
Posted: 7/11/2005 1:20:10 PM
Thank you for sharing such beautiful things with me.I go to the library all the time and grab a bunch of poetry books off the shelf and sit on the floor in one of the quiet aisles. I immerse my soul in the beautiful works love Byron,Wordsworth,EE Cummings,Dickinson,Anne sexton,John Donne,Shelley,and a myriad of others.Poe is cool too.Anyway kids..Im out for the day so play nice and feel free to post whatever ya wanna.Ill try to add a freestyle on the spot poem as I feel very inspired today Have fun yall and an awesome groovy day.Love yas ,Kat
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/11/2005 8:57:45 PM
Thats awesome as usual poet thanks!Ill stop by later and post something too.Love all you guys..Mwah! LOL Left handed high five..That still kills me Rory! Hugs,Kat
 catsmeow02
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/11/2005 9:02:33 PM
I give her my trust as a friend,
Hopefully I get her's as well,
That I can tell her anything,
And she will not let it spill,
I appreciate her being there,
When I needed her the most,
She let me tell her everything,
That was going on in my life,
I have now made one heck of a friend,
Here on POF that's for sure,
Who doesn't live to far from me.

Something short that goes out to ya chica,
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 87
not composed with fellfromheaven in mind
Posted: 7/11/2005 10:56:24 PM
I wrote up a long respnse and it wouldnt post....Lets try again shall we?LOL Cats...Awwww I love your poem.You are one of the most awesome chicas Ive ever met and all your secrets are safe with me ...Qman..Wonderful to see you again.I love what youve written for your future love.You express so beautifully what your heart, and the hope gently cradled in it, knows you will find one day. (With your true love.)..Big hugs Guys,,Remind me to bring kleenex next time..tears up with emotion...leaves thread*sniffle...wow ..amazing works you guys
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 88
EDIT** woo hoo hot stuff comin through haha
Posted: 7/12/2005 1:01:41 AM
I just came in to write something off the top of my head...I have no idea what the topic is gonna even be yet:) (Just felt like waving LOL

Waves of passion bodies crashing ,thrashing

Under white crisp cotton sheets
Bare and naked souls
Bodies and minds entwined
No space no distance,delicious moist kisses
In the delicate twighlight hours
no sound,just weightlessness..Time stops
Bodies rising and falling with each breath
No time to rest
Drink me in ..skin on skin
begin again
Dont stop yet
We havent reached Nirvanna yet
Where all else dissappears
meet me here
Stay awhile,a mix of innocent and wild
Your eyes capture me,and hold me in their grasp
Im captured by you ...and submit
in waves of passion
under crisp white sheets
where lovers meet
and drink in delicious purest sin
Im pinned beneath you
I feel so safe
I want to give you all of me
step past what I dont let the world see
drink it in begin again
pleasure doesnt have to end
you wont break me I can bend
flexible and free
free up the things inside of me
a version of sexual poetry
brought to life in candle light
lovers dream
kisses hush empassioned scream
Do it again
In the cold clean sheets
Where as lovers once again
we meet

Just a quick 2 minute write from innocent lil ole me LOL sleep well all
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 89
Love is something that grows from friendship
Posted: 7/12/2005 1:14:22 PM
Hi everyone...Nice work as always poet...Just droppin by to say hi!Its so hot here today its unbelievable Kat
 Alistair10
Msg: 90
Untitled
Posted: 7/12/2005 6:35:59 PM
Whenever you are feeling blue,
The world falling down around you.
The best course of action,
my best advice to you.
Look up, look down, out, and in,
and very soon you will begin
to see the beauty that's within.
It's all around, it's in the sky,
it's in the twinkle of a child's eye.
And suddenly you will see
life isn't so bad for you and me.
But most of all Mon Cheri,
know you can always come to me.
 luvinlittleyellowjacket
Msg: 91
Untitled
Posted: 7/12/2005 8:47:40 PM
Just a little note to tell you how
that I want you here and now.
Off to the bedroom the door will close
what happens next nobody knows.

Under the covers you'll get a surprise....

and I forgot the rest.... LMAO
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 92
Coffee and donuts are on me!
Posted: 7/13/2005 3:03:34 AM
Poet....Not sure Im a huge fan of the above post being a single mom and all,and also because you know that...Hugs anyway and thank you for expressing yourself..all poems are welcome as always.Im so thrilled to see all the new faces and the usuals in here.Ive been having trouble posting in here tonight for some reason.I typed up a big individual response for each of your writes,but Its floating in cyber space somewhere......kinda like socks getting lost in the dryer...LOL Anyway kids...play nice till I get back.Love yall..Kat
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 93
This is one of my most cherished posessions :)
Posted: 7/13/2005 3:44:35 AM
Before I go I wanted to post something very special to me in here.As a few of you know,this past year my best friend/boyfriend passed away.His beautiful heart words and memory will be with me forever.You have all shared such personal glimpses into yourselves with me...I feel safe doing it too.Here is a poem he composed for me a few months before his accident.I wasnt sure at first if I should keep it to myself ,or share the beauty with others....But I made my decision so here goes

Where has my love gone
Is it the wind blowing gently through golden reeds
Overlooking the precarious cliffs of a forelorn heart ?
Reeds sway, and the wind dies away

Is it the sun glistening on the tall blades of grass
The dew dries in the morning sun
And does not last through the day
The sun sets and the night comes and goes
Does my love make it through my night?

Seasons change and time moves on
Wind ceases...Was it ever blowing?
Grass withers,dew melts,
My love does not

My love is in my soul
And that lasts the beating of the sun
The cold of night
The changing of the seasons
And the ceaseless pendelum of time moving on.......

My love has not gone anywhere
I only needed to find it
It was with you all along

Im speechless right now....so Ill see everyone later
 catsmeow02
Msg: 94
Thanks Kat
Posted: 7/13/2005 9:24:02 AM
Fell, my heart goes with ya girl!!. If you need anyone chica, Im here for ya.
 luvinlittleyellowjacket
Msg: 95
For Mala......
Posted: 7/13/2005 10:20:28 AM
This poem was inspired by Desert Storm but I would like
to dedicate this one to Our Soldier Malamute94....

American Soldier
Eyes are crying and hearts are breaking
as they watch their soldiers take to flight
to defend a small country's right.
Blood will be shed and lives will be taken
but our American Soldiers will not be foresaken.

With stars and stripes of red, white, and blue
An American Soldier shows his colors true.
The red is for the blood that will be shed
til the day this war will finally end.

Our Soldiers faces shall true pale white
when taken captive by the enemy and not treated right.
A loved one's feelings are very blue
their hearts cry out; I'll be waiting for you.

The stripes are for the soldiers who come home safe.
And the stars are for the soldiers who die in this war
cause all in all hereos they are.

Fighting for their country has made them bolder.
GOD BLESS THE AMERICAN SOLDIER.
 luvinlittleyellowjacket
Msg: 96
For Mala......
Posted: 7/13/2005 10:32:00 AM
And as for the little contest on the Dedication to KISS poem..
You have to tell me how many KISS songs are in the poem
PLUS.... You have to name them all....

Good Luck...

*Ok...So, I'm teasing about naming them all*
 mari_sam
Msg: 97
view profile
History
For Mala......
Posted: 7/13/2005 11:22:52 AM
WOW Fell,

Your last poem was out standing! Loved the ending of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 98
Im out ...but Ill be back...muhaha.
Posted: 7/13/2005 4:35:23 PM
Thanks Mari Sam...Ill stop by and check out your stuff too....Oh and Luvin lil...You rock girl...Love you guys....Thanks everyone who posted in here so far...Id love to stay and chat but I have so much to do today...Love yall..Mwah!Kat
 fellfromheaven
Msg: 99
Hey Kids ! I missed ya:)
Posted: 7/13/2005 8:23:29 PM
Thanks for stopping by all! Love the new writes MWAH!Qman...You and everyone else have until 1230 am (Eastern time)LOL to get your poems in....Thats in alil over an hour from this post.Im just loving this thread,and all of you for participating in it in many ways.You wouldnt believe the number of fantastic friends Ive made as a result of this!I also may have a lil somethin else blossoming too...hmm..get the coffee .Its time to dish people haha:) JK Thats classified info yall.I want to thank everyone for being a part of my life and this thread.. Of course.All of you are such amazing writers...Thanks for the props and the love yall!back at ya .Love you guys,Kat promwave..Im out
 Alistair10
Msg: 100
For her
Posted: 7/13/2005 10:00:57 PM
On the same planet
Yet worlds away
Our thoughts and feelings
Span the distance
Through time and space
Our hearts and minds
Fill with hope so bright
As brilliant as stars
Our future awaits
The past is gone
But not forgotten
The pain and fear
Our hearts will mend
Hearts so strong
And yet so weak
Delicate as A flower
May be yours to keep
Hold it tight
Guard it well
As I will yours
Treasured in my soul
Where the vacancy sign
Will one day dim
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > Everyone else is doin it....I want a thread too lol