Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~rain~
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Informing People That Someone Has HerpesPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
laffs..

Arent you just the bearer of craptastic news!! Misery loves company I suppose.

Perhaps O.P. is bitter because one of her friends with herpes gave it to her!

I think you should keep your mouth shut, if your friends dont take precautions when having sex then basically they will have to deal with the out come. You shooting off your big mouth wont do anything for you except get your ass kicked!!!
 chadcuba
Msg: 6
Informing People That Someone Has Herpes
Posted: 7/24/2009 3:52:48 PM
Listen bro. If anyone you know has herpes you'd better freaking tell that person they are talking to because what the F would you do if your friend knew of a girl you were talking to who had it but didn't tell you?? For all the people who say it's none of your business, they are TOTAL jackasses and probably have it themselves. If you can make a difference with just one person and allow them to "not get it" from one person, then you've done a good deed man. I tell any girl i talk to that if they were to give me something like this, i'd kill them. I don't give a rat's ass how mean i may come across but i care about my health and body and would destroy someone if they gave me something like this.
 AwP
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2009 4:19:22 PM
Wow, I'm glad the first 5 responders aren't my friends.
Posted: 7/24/2009 4:40:49 PM

I tell any girl i talk to that if they were to give me something like this, i'd kill them. I don't give a rat's ass how mean i may come across but i care about my health and body and would destroy someone if they gave me something like this.

yo, mr. good citizenship - port orange police should have a copy of this to keep on file, no?
 c_deacon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2009 5:03:01 PM
Would it not be better to talk to those that you know have the disease, about how important it is to be open and honest about it with any and all their partners?

To many do not share those things, and thus, I ask them BEFORE we get to that point, and I ask them to be tested with me to prove it, share the results with each other, and be open and honest about what we are doing and why.

If after all of this, someone somehow still withheld or was not honest, that is a way to get outed by using the lawyers to start the process of a civil and/or criminal suit, which I would not hesitate using if deceived.

Just my opinion........
 chadcuba
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/24/2009 5:09:53 PM
Hey davidPiano,

Go hug some trees you brainless left wing liberal and while you're at it send the PO police my statement that i made. It's obvious from your posts that you are a brainless left wing liberal who has been conditioned by the media and are called the sheep who follows the herd. LOL@you.
 ~rain~
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2009 5:12:07 PM

I currently know at least 4 people that have herpes. And being that most of them all hang out at the same place where everyone kind of sleeps with each other,

Im sorry but if all these people are hanging out sleeping with each other, then why is it that O.P. is the only one who knows about this situation??
Sounds kind of strange to me.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2009 5:39:32 PM
left wing liberal! oh chad, that stings!
 ~rain~
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2009 7:02:45 PM

To those that think I'm in the wrong here, let me ask you something. If you contracted herpes from someone that was dishonest with you and you later found out that a friend of yours knew about it in advance and didn't tell you, how would you feel?

I dont rely on others to tell me if they are STD free! There is a lovely little thing called "universal precautions" and if you are ignorant enough not to use those precautions, then you have no one to blame but yourself.
Its not up to my friends or lovers to be honest or dishonest to me. It is up to ME to make mature choices in who I f*ck around with and who I dont!!
There is only one person who I hold responsable for what happens to me..and that is ME! So these little ****es that run around and gossip trying to be a hero in everyone elses life, can keep their comments to themselves because why should I believe them. They could be lying out of spite! Because their lives are so pathetic that the only way they can gain attention is to make up stories about everyone else around them!
YES!! I did mistake you for female because I dont run across to many real men who would come here and brag about being little gossiping heros!!
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/24/2009 8:43:50 PM
If I was talking to a guy and my friend neglected to tell me he had herpes, I'd be furious with her! That's what friends are for, for heaven's sake!
And that goes for knowing that anyone has an STD, I believe in protecting my friends.
 1glassslipper
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/24/2009 9:39:10 PM
folks starting googling Herpes! Before you continue to give advice and making threats to others. 90% of the those with Herpes do not know they have Herpes. The only difference between Herpes 1 and herpes 2, is location. if you do contract herpes there is really no telling who gave it to you. Men and women can transfer the disease.

While it is incurable, it is nothing like Aids.

So please before more of you scare other people,please read up on the subject.
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 12:04:31 AM

If I was talking to a guy and my friend neglected to tell me he had herpes, I'd be furious with her!

And there you have it in one sentence folks, the fear, the stigma and the plain, simple ignorance that the topic of herpes provokes. She wants to know if a guy has herpes when she's TALKING TO HIM. Maybe it would just be better if those with herpes were forced to wear a sign around their neck. Or how about some sort of brand or visible tattoo? You know, a scarlet letter, so you know who you shouldn't even bother wasting your time talking to that night at the club.

While it is utterly reprehensible for someone with herpes to sleep with a new partner without sharing that info, it also isn't the responsibility of a third party, friend or not, to share info they think they know either. As someone said, unless you were in the doctor's office for the test results, you don't know if you're doing anything more than spreading a rumor. Check the stats that have been mentioned over and over here, the 20-25% that have herpes, and the high percentage of those that are walking around without even knowing they have it, then do the simple math some night you're out at a local place, trying to find some strange. The one real, true fact in all this is that your sexual health is your own personal responsibility. The only way to be sure, given the odds that are out there, are to be celibate; anyone think that's a good option? You can reduce the odds by not sleeping with strangers, and by being mutually tested before becoming intimate.
 chadcuba
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/25/2009 1:28:31 AM
"If you contracted herpes from someone that was dishonest with you and you later found out that a friend of yours knew about it in advance and didn't tell you, how would you feel?"

I WOULD MOTHER FUCHING KILL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!
 horses44
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2009 8:16:18 AM
MilkLover with all due respect what planet are you coming from? Please provide me with data to prove your point....

When I first read this, I was with the "mind your own business".

I certainly have a different perspective (or at least willing to admit to) - I have herpes. I got it as a result of being irresponsible back in the early 80's - disco and alcohol - not a good combination for clear thinking! It did in fact stay dormant in my system for MANY years, symptoms re-occurred within the last few years. Probably one of the most difficult phone calls I ever had to make was calling my ex-fiance (we ended on very good terms) and tell him he may have been exposed - thankfully he was clean

For me personally, it is a no brainer, I will be informing whoever I may become intimate with that we need to have "the talk".

If I had someone admit to me that they had herpes and saw him/her pursuing people with the intention of getting in their pants? What I may say to them is something along the lines of, "How long have you been playing sexual roulette? Now may be the time to take out some insurance..."

Within reason, we are all responsible for our own actions, choose wisely, ask questions, be honest...if you don't want to do any of those, then use a condom
 bmore_goat
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2009 3:54:00 AM
This has made the advice columns:

http://www.slate.com/id/2232221/pagenum/all/#p2
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/15/2009 6:30:45 AM
Yes! Drop that dime!
 windloverr
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2010 11:59:20 PM
Tough question; but break it down. It comes down to: what information is truly relevant; and what are you willing to live with.

I had a friend who let a good friend of his drive home drunk. He KNEW he was drunk; talked to him; tried to get him to stay; but didn't stop him. He was in a wreck on the way home that killed 10 innocent people! It haunts him to this day; and, to this day, if he sees anyone doing anything questionable, he is very vocal about bringing their attention to it.

Put the shoe on the other foot. If you were going home with someone whom your friend KNEW was positive, and NOT practicing "safer sex"; AND they DIDN'T warn you; how the f*ck would you feel towards your friend for not telling after you got herpes?

Everybody here is right: It's none of your business; but you have to tell. Medically, herpes really isn't that big of a deal. However, psychologically, it can be absolutely devastating. I've got two personal friends, that I'm aware of, who are HSV-2 positive; but both are adamant about informing whomever they have sex with about their situation. Neither have ever had a partner become infected. In their case; no, I would not tell anyone anything.

I was thinking as I was typing; and I'm REALLY glad I'm not in your situation. However, if I was, and I KNEW someone was willfully exposing someone to something like that; I would hope I have the balls to tell whomever was being put at risk. Trust me; if my friend who let the guy drive drunk had it to do over; he would either beat the keys away from the guy; or call the police himself.

Worry about your own conscience; and your own Karma. It's not like a jail sentence; where you get out in a year. If something bad happens; you have to live with that every day, for the rest of your life. These people giving you advice, don't have to live with a d@mn thing...you do. If you tell the truth, about something that may truly impact someone; and someone else gets p1ssed; that's on them. If the individual practicing unsafe sex gets p1ssed; they can go to another bar.
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 1:35:29 PM
TELL .....Yes adults should be responsibe for their own actions.

If my friend was about to enter into a sexual situation with someone that I knew had Herpes I would tell them one way or another. If I knew because of my job would say something like. before you make a move have a very detail STD talk with this person and keep it safe at all times. IF knew by other means would say. think twice you will get something that can't get rid of...

Tell it. I know it is putting your nose where maybe it doesn't belong but your friends should thank you for preventing getting a STD.
 urbanvenus
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 2:35:37 PM
You know what? I would open my big mouth and tell them because I do care about other's health. So, listen to your 6th sense because it sounds like you're making some good moral choices to prevent the spread of disease. I wish more people were like that.
 terrellceo101
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/4/2012 10:55:46 AM
well. i would say this. if you kow the person. then please by all means give them a heads up. if you dont know them then you cant save everyone..then after you warn your friends, then whatever they choose to do is there business.
 windchymes
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2012 2:16:08 PM
Someone who was close to me for over 15 years had herpes, so I know some things about it. There is no "blood test" for herpes.

Actually, there is, Mr. Wizard. You should check that out before giving medical advice.

(I didn't read all the posts first......that manchester1 guy, now HE knows what he's talking about) :)
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >