Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Guns a right but healthcare a privelage?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whisky_River
Msg: 626
Is this an echo chamber???Page 26 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
Good thoughts with all the students marching today for their lives and change.
Hopefully, there will be no violence.
As I turn on the news...looks like there will people put in place to put a bad light on it all....dammit!

They are the future and it seems have more sense than the paid off politicians of today...including Trump.
These are the future voters...they need to pay attention.
 N2U18
Msg: 627
view profile
History
Is this an echo chamber???
Posted: 3/24/2018 2:37:27 PM
It’s always beautiful watching adults exploit minors. Great Day Indeed!

I guess I missed it but what did the authorities determine the cause of young men becoming so disgruntled and violent? How do we fix it?

Why is teen suicide up over 70% the last decade?

I see the symptoms but what is the disorder or disease? Anyone really care?
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 628
Posted: 3/24/2018 3:09:50 PM
Fl does have the Fox News crowd, partly due to age, partly due to the South's natural conservativism. Believe it or not, up here in the CT/Ma blue states, we have a similar crowd. There are still farmers who didn't leave after WW2 took their young workers to leave the rocky soil behind, and we have defense factory workers, gun manufacturers (some who trace their history back far) and other factory workers along the Dark Corridor (named b/c if you fly over at night, you no longer see well lit industrial areas)...and some of these snowbirds didn't move to FL on retirement (probably b/c they can't afford to anymore).

It won't seem like it, but I give credit to those who can explain their point, than just regurgitate something they heard on AM radio or Faux. At least they gave it some thought. They may be using facts that are biased, but at least they are thinking.

"what did authorities determine to be the cause of young men disgruntlement?"

>>>if it was the middle east, we could blame a lack of Free Market to provide them jobs, and a conservative religious movement teaching them wrong values. But here, of course, the Free Market provides jobs to everyone and our problem is we lack a conservative religious grounding for morals :)

It can't be all the drugs we've given them, everyone knows Big Pharma is here to help

http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/psych-meds-linked-to-90-of-school-shootings/

It can't be the cartoon violence of pro wrestling and movies. It can't be a gun culture that says the solution to inner city problems is to break out guns like in the movie Gran Torino, or a John Bolton attitude that we just bomb all our problems away. People may care, but there's just too much money to be made. Have you gone on YouTube this week and counted how many NRA ads popup?
 47Seagulls
Msg: 629
Posted: 3/24/2018 7:45:53 PM
I must say - you Americans must be very, very proud of your students across the country today. They did an awesome job. The support they got from the entire country and the world - awe inspiring.

I particularly liked the reference of $1.05.

Some of these kids will make huge changes come November 2018 and again in 2020.
 ja6425
Msg: 630
Posted: 3/24/2018 11:59:07 PM
"It’s always beautiful watching adults exploit minors. Great Day Indeed!"

^^^^^^^Yes, this was on display for sure today! Had the conservatives exploited the youth like the liberals had done today, you would never have heard the end of it.
 back_again4917
Msg: 631
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 2:34:13 AM
What has happened to all the missing postings?

Posts 624 to 648 are not showing.

? ? ?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 632
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 3:50:03 AM

What has happened to all the missing postings?

Posts 624 to 648 are not showing.

? ? ?

MSG control.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 633
Posted: 3/25/2018 9:06:32 AM
JA6425 said - Yes, this was on display for sure today! Had the conservatives exploited the youth like the liberals had done today, you would never have heard the end of it.

I have a feeling you were cheering on those in uniform at Kent State way back when. Its sad that "adults" can't support the youth, these kids were awesome, inspiring, brilliant, emotional, intelligent. When these young folks have been interviewed, damn near everyone of them is in favour of the 2nd Amendment. They just don't want people to have an AR-15, which, BTW, no one has explained to me why anyone would need an AR-15 unless they were in the military.

Also keep in mind, many of these young people will vote Republican too. This wasn't millions of Democrats or liberals marching - it was a mix. Students supporting students. Students that also support the 2nd Amendment by using the 1st Amendment.

It is a good movement. The ones that want to make it "dirty" or "ugly" or "worthless" are small minded adults that are afraid to see how far these kids will take this.

Its too band the Toddler in Chief hid out and played golf. Nero fiddled while Rome burned - in this case, Nero is golfing while he burns Rome.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 634
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 9:16:33 AM

BTW, no one has explained to me why anyone would need an AR-15 unless they were in the military.

I don't know why people need to explain why they want something? There are many, many products that don't serve any purpose outside of a desire for the product.

For instance, the top speed in the USA is 85 mph, yet a Ferrari (and many other high powered sports cars) states that the car has a top speed exceeding 217 mph,

Why on earth does anyone outside of a race car driver need a top speed of over 200 mph?
 from site to sight
Msg: 635
Posted: 3/25/2018 9:42:57 AM
"Why on earth does anyone outside of a race car driver need a top speed of over 200 mph?"

I find it funny when I'm crawling along on a busy highway in heavy traffic, often in stop and go traffic, and I sometimes see people doing the highway crawl in a fancy sports car. Is it worth spending 100 grand or whatever for a car where there's nowhere to take it to reach even half the top speed it's capable of? I can claim that my car is as fast as a Ferrari or Maserati.

That's the same way I feel when I see a pickup truck where the body is jacked up , and doors are about 4 feet off of the ground. I haven't seen or heard about anybody doing swamp driving in the area, so what's the purpose of having a vehicle with the body up in the air?
 47Seagulls
Msg: 636
Posted: 3/25/2018 9:48:34 AM
Dragonbytes said - "I don't know why people need to explain why they want something? "

Okay, so I'll go with my first assumption - they buy an AR-15 thinking it will make their pen!s look bigger.

The Ferrari isn't a killing machine. Its a car. Yes it goes fast. But an AR-15 is not a gun for hunting, I don't have a problem with hunters. I don't have a problem with skeet shooting, target shooting, competitions. But an AR-15, why? A gun isn't going to may Mickey Milktoast into GIJoe.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 637
Posted: 3/25/2018 9:56:12 AM

"Why on earth does anyone outside of a race car driver need a top speed of over 200 mph?"

OR a GUN that fires 50 rounds a minute...??
I don't know...why?
Fear...stupid.....braggarts....insane....small penis....because they can OR simply because it's THERE and AVAILABLE and some CAN and WILL??
Point proven.
 trinity818
Msg: 638
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2018 12:07:18 PM

It’s always beautiful watching adults exploit minors

So, are you & John saying that these kids have no voice of their own? I think you are wrong. And I'm holding out hope that the change we need will eventually come when this generation is old enough to make it happen.
 badata
Msg: 639
Posted: 3/25/2018 12:09:03 PM
"""" I find it funny when I'm crawling along on a busy highway in heavy traffic, often in stop and go traffic, and I sometimes see people doing the highway crawl in a fancy sports car. Is it worth spending 100 grand or whatever for a car where there's nowhere to take it to reach even half the top speed it's capable of? I can claim that my car is as fast as a Ferrari or Maserati."""

There are few public roads you can legally drive faster than 70 mph in the US... maybe Montana or some of those empty but going on forever highways?. Its nice to have a car powerful enough to merge into traffic, where the power is there when you need it. And maybe you can take the Porsche to the local track for a whirl....but the truth is, the lay person with these powerful cars generally have no idea how to handle the power and don't drive much faster than the rest of us. But they do like the "takeoff"...and it is a prestige thing to have a car like that... and that is what many professionals want...."prestige".... that is what makes them feel worthwhile....but in the end, they end up in the same earth as everybody else...so I don't really get it either.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 640
Posted: 3/25/2018 12:19:06 PM
what a wonderful way to dismiss the opinion of youth--oh, they can't possibly think for themselves, they must be getting manipulated. But then the President of the United States tweets some horse-hockey he heard on Faux News. No wonder Trumpanzees think the kids are being manipulated, their president certainly is!

"why anyone would need an AR-15 unless they were in the military"

>>>and how does the military handle 18 yr old kids and rifles of a similar design? They lock the rifles up in an armory and only let them out with Rules of Engagement, so the kids know when they can pull the trigger and when they will be courtmartialed if they do it.

"Why on earth does anyone need an AR-15 or outside of a race car driver, need a top speed of over 200 mph?"

>>and yet we regulate the cars a lot more. Some states require cars to be brought in regularly for safety inspection. Most states arrest you for operating your car while drunk--get caught a few times, and you even go to jail for it or your lose your license to operate that car. Leave your car in an inoperable state, and in some locales, it can be towed from your property so it doesn't house mice or rats.

of course, the six digit price tag of those 200mph cars, can be considered their own regulation :) The odds of some young punk buying a Ferrari at Wal Mart and driving on the sidewalk to kill people is, you know, kinda small. and of course a few of these exotics have safety equipment, like proximity alerts will apply the brakes and stop you from crashing. They sure aren't perfect, as that poor lady outside the cross walk found out in AZ, but still, I don't imagine there will be an AR-15 designed to lock the trigger if you try to aim at humans anytime soon.

Why do people need to explain why they wish to purchase something? Well, we tend to ask if they buy the ingredients for making meth in drum quantities, or if they buy dynamite, or if they want a one-way airline ticket or if they are on a certain list...there's a few things that make us ask questions.
 LDC9999
Msg: 641
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2018 7:00:34 AM
How could the students be of assistance with CPR if they are playing dead on the floor.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/25/politics/rick-santorum-guns-cnntv/index.html

I vote for full-body armour for all students.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 642
Posted: 3/27/2018 3:45:03 PM
santorum is a true body orifice. Even the others at the table reacted to the stupidity.
 from site to sight
Msg: 643
Guns a right but healthcare a privelage?
Posted: 4/5/2018 12:23:52 PM
Youth Baseball League Raffling off AR-15, other guns
The Associated Press

CANTON, Ohio — An Ohio youth baseball league is raffling off an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle and other guns for a fundraiser to reduce registration fees.

The East Canton Youth Baseball Association also will raffle off a bolt-action hunting rifle, a 12-gauge shotgun and a handgun during the league's youth picture day on April 29, according to The Repository.

It's the fifth year the league has held a gun raffle.

The AR-15, a civilian version of a U.S. military rifle, has drawn national attention in recent weeks because it was the same type of gun used in the Parkland, Fla., school shooting that killed 17 people.

Youth organizations across the country are holding raffles for the military rifle, including ones in Kansas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, California and Nebraska.

A plan to have third-graders sell raffle tickets for the weapon in Missouri to benefit their baseball team has received heavy backlash. The organizer responded in a Facebook post saying they are not forcing any of the boys to sell the rifle.

Baseball league president David Spencer said families aren't required to sell raffle tickets.

He said winners pick up their weapons at a gun store and are subject to background checks.

Spencer said the association expects to generate between $1,500 and $2,000.
 chameleonf
Msg: 644
Posted: 4/5/2018 3:28:23 PM
Too bad there isn't such a thing as brain transplants - they could raffle that off for those lacking any at all in this case. Unfortunately, it wouldn't make a dent in the population of stupidity that's apparently a U.S. epidemic when it comes to all things gun related.
 Goyswontbereplaced
Msg: 645
Posted: 4/11/2018 8:02:45 AM
As my username boldly suggests gun ownership is more than a right it is a responsibility. Imagine the geNOcide that would be perpetrated on White Christians if we were disarmed.

AR's are needed to preserve the other nine Amendments. )))Resist forced assimiliation(((
 pedata
Msg: 646
Posted: 4/11/2018 8:49:55 AM

As my username boldly suggests gun ownership is more than a right it is a responsibility. Imagine the geNOcide that would be perpetrated on White Christians if we were disarmed.

Gun ownership is the smart move given the loony White Trash society the country has to deal with.

AR's are needed to preserve the other nine Amendment

I'm willing to bet you have no idea what the other ten amendments are without googling and even then, you have zero idea what they mean or how they are applied by the Courts. The White Trash Society is nothing if not hypocritical to its core. Very sad.
 Goyswontbereplaced
Msg: 647
Posted: 4/11/2018 11:06:08 AM
Do all the name calling you wish. We both know civil war begins when (((they))) try disarming "whitey".
 pedata
Msg: 648
Posted: 4/11/2018 11:15:56 AM
Name calling... it is a compliment calling you Mr. Clean...what with you baby smooth head...you don't mind do you? So if """THEY"""" try to take away your assault rifle, we will be in a Civil War. ROFLMAO.... and what the heck could an army of low IQ Mr. Cleans of the WTS possibly do to stop the Feds and the Military from doing what it wanted to you?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 649
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 3:13:31 AM

I don't know why people need to explain why they want something? There are many, many products that don't serve any purpose outside of a desire for the product.

For instance, the top speed in the USA is 85 mph, yet a Ferrari (and many other high powered sports cars) states that the car has a top speed exceeding 217 mph,

The Ferrari isn't a killing machine. Its a car.

Why do people need to explain why they wish to purchase something? Well, we tend to ask if they buy the ingredients for making meth in drum quantities, or if they buy dynamite

I hear tell that we frequently have road rage incidents here and there. And sometimes someone is injured or killed. We should ban cars, or at least anything more than the equivalent of the old-school Volkswagen Beetle of the 1970's. People don't kill people; Cars do.

Btw...we all realize, don't we, that the vast majority of guns out there are semi-automatic? I hope that someone doesn't think that a revolver is not a semi-automatic. And...of course a person could want a gun for use against humans, not hunting. It's not a raccoon or a deer that might break into your home and rape and rob you, or abuse their power and bring some government tyranny to your doorstep.

...well, maybe the raccoon. Gotta watch out for those little boogers. "Mr. Raccoon, you ARE the father...!"
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 650
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2018 6:12:47 AM
The same rules and laws we have for cars should apply to guns.

Off the type of my head, testing, licensing, inspection, and insurance.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Guns a right but healthcare a privelage?