Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > What is your idea of heaven?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 normaldude
Msg: 51
view profile
History
What is your idea of heaven?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
i wonder where they keep the virgins......
 greenIsis777
Msg: 52
What is your idea of heaven?
Posted: 10/18/2012 8:29:50 PM
going back to where we came from, the infinite, ever expanding multiverse (and that which we can't even conceptualize). the space of all knowing, the remembrance of all past lives, the coming back into our spiritual nature. bliss! can't wait personally. methinks I'll be going to another planet or planet facsimile time and time and time again. hopefully in the next one eating will not be necessary :D
 sporty16
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/18/2012 11:15:33 PM
Just easing my way into here. According to the bible , Heaven is the vision of God, being in His presence and beholding His Majesty. If the current universe and earth are plenty enough for us now , then heaven is much more so...and we live forever to enjoy it.
 Westley_Auryn
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/18/2012 11:19:30 PM
I think heaven being an explorers' paradise would be nice.
Wander here, wander there... just passing through.
And if the natives try to make you a captive audience to their ideals, you get to inflict the awesomely dystrophic nature of boneitis upon them before they view your backside on your way out!
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2012 12:50:58 AM
Well, since I've been forced to live a life of restraint (most of the time) to stay out of jail or prison....heaven for me would be a place where people got what they were asking for. Remember that loud mouth drunk that seems to appear at every party or bar? Wouldn't it be just heavenly to place a well aimed elbow right in his eye socket and have a cop and his lawyer offer you a hundred dollars to do the other one? Remember that neighbor with the doberman penscher that barked all night every night.....wouldn't it be just heavenly to watch him wake up to your 500 lb. pet bengal tiger laying in his yard licking the dog hair from his lips? How about that cop that pulled you over because your tag light was flickering.....wouldn't it be heavenly to push a 500,000,000 candle power airport spot light up to his bedroom window about 2:00 AM and hit the switch?

Now that's my kind of heaven......if it's just this walking and talking with Jesus B.S....please, somebody just flick the lights off and STFU.
 HoneyFlake
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/20/2012 5:06:12 PM
My idea of heaven:

It as boring as hell.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2012 9:09:39 PM
O.K. everybody...chill out, I think we've just stumbled on a history making moment with message # 67......our first contact with other life in the universe. SCOLEGHOST.....we recieved your message....do you read us?.....please come in SCOLEGHOST....where are you located in the star system?.......does your planet also have a heaven?......come in....come in!

See you later folks...I made this discovery and going to collect my Nobel peace prize.
 Kohmelo
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2012 9:21:51 PM
^^^ Heaven's Gate lives!
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2012 11:33:07 PM
^^^^^LMAO, you nailed it!.....despite all those bodies they left behind, I guess SCOLEGHOST proves they actually made it to their new home.
 Juggalotus301
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/24/2012 3:58:22 PM
Alan Watts ~ Heaven is Space

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh2JGgXE4Ic
Posted: 11/3/2012 4:29:03 PM
My idea of heaven would be sitting next to my woman, outdoors, in the very early quiet darkish twilight cool fragrant misty morning, with nothing but wilderness in sight, sipping a cup of lovely coffee together, not speaking at all, with literally all of the time in the world and nothing that we have to do (since it's heaven). This is one of the things I'm going to hold in my mind during my final seconds of life.
Posted: 4/25/2013 7:43:44 AM
But these ideas aren't so bad either -

I would want the ability to wander the entirety of the Universe, seeing all the things that astronomers are speculating about close-up. Watch galaxies collide, see stars go from dust clouds to supernovae, watch matter fall into a black hole...

heaven for me would be a place where people got what they were asking for. Remember that loud mouth drunk that seems to appear at every party or bar? Wouldn't it be just heavenly to place a well aimed elbow right in his eye socket and have a cop and his lawyer offer you a hundred dollars to do the other one? Remember that neighbor with the doberman penscher that barked all night every night.....wouldn't it be just heavenly to watch him wake up to your 500 lb. pet bengal tiger laying in his yard licking the dog hair from his lips? How about that cop that pulled you over because your tag light was flickering.....wouldn't it be heavenly to push a 500,000,000 candle power airport spot light up to his bedroom window about 2:00 AM and hit the switch?

Now that's my kind of heaven......if it's just this walking and talking with Jesus B.S....please, somebody just flick the lights off and STFU.
 lostcausein
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/25/2013 8:36:05 AM
A gorgeous tropical beach with a gorgeous companion ( she can change her looks for varaiety but you ALWAYS find her attractive - one day she looks like eva mendes, the next salma hayek, etc ) and all your best friends and loved ones partying from dawn to dusk...

...you don't need to sleep so the night and day cycle continues for varaiety - warm sun during the day ( never get a sunburn ) and super cool stars to gaze at in the evening - a different design every night, or every hour if you prefer, a meteor shower every now and then, oh and fireworks too , lol

... all kinds of delicious foods and drink, not because you need food but for the enjoyment of the flavours

...you don't need drugs because you constantly feel a euphoric buzz that can be increased with what you do but never goes below that feeling

...you take turns playing instruments ( everyone can play any instrument and are creatively gifted ) that can go as loud as you want on a deck overlooking the ocean ( no amps required , of course )

... you have all kinds of water toys like boats to cruise in if you feel like it

...everyone is athletically gifted and can form teams to play any sport in any facility required - no pads or helmets needed since pain doesn't exist....unless you want it to at times for added effect ?

...oh and you can fly too
 Proteaus
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/25/2013 2:27:49 PM
I guess my idea of heaven would be . Not being put through hell on Earth :)
 m8t
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/25/2013 4:14:50 PM
Heaven to me means peace, love, and happiness for everyone forever.
It is the end of all human suffering as we know it.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2013 12:18:28 PM
^^^^^In other words, a place without Christians. LOL
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2013 6:21:09 PM
Joining the "mile high club" with a bunch of naked angels wouldn't be too bad.
 DameWrite
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2013 7:45:17 PM
My idea of heaven; no suffering, no limitations, (for anyone) and pretty much what I've got going on now.
 elizabeth45tx
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/26/2013 10:52:14 PM
I imagined that we become angels with a purpose and also to keep heaven a peaceful and happy environment.We were all a big family who knew each other and loved each other. Every body is happy and smiling all the time.

That changed after a "real" dream I had.

Here is the dream:

I was killed by a car (big truck) accident. As soon I died my body was elevating toward a ring of light, I was getting closer and closer and I knew I was going to Heaven. I finally came through the lighted ring and stood there for a few minutes waiting to see "something", I actually didn't see anybody but I knew that place was heaven, I then started to walk and everything was white,no color. I could see myself clear but couldn't see far away because of the white heavy clouds surrounding me. I was wondering why I was alone there, it was just me, then I started to feel so sad,(a kind of sadness that can't be described because I never felt that way in my life before, It was a very deep feeling of sadness.I started to cry and say: "I do not want to be here,I do not like it here,God, I thought heaven was different,please take me back to my family,I want to go back.
That moment I woke up and I was still crying and the feeling of sadness was still very overwhelming.

The End.

Not sure about heaven now.
 aremeself
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2013 11:08:00 AM
living on a properly functioning earth.
 Luthion
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2013 10:00:22 PM
I don't believe there is one.

I think it's selfish to think that we will be rewarded for life. *If* there is anything after death, I believe we will simply return to this earth, to repeat the same flawed existences we experiences before... again and again and again. Because as heavy and burdensome and difficult and tragic as life can be for us, it can also be profoundly beautiful, inspiring, breathtaking and wonderful.

That makes all the horrors, all the hurdles,
all the challenges, entirely worthwhile.

Our reward for life is right in front of us.
 aremeself
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2013 10:15:15 PM
we are 'made' for living on earth.
life is pretty rough for a vast amount of people.
 lostcausein
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/29/2013 11:18:52 AM
I believe this life is to figure out what we want Heaven to be

...so if you don't believe there is a Heaven....sucks to be you , LOL
Posted: 4/29/2013 12:13:33 PM
^ and I already know mine, hehe. Sitting in the middle of the wilderness, next to my "wife" (not found yet), in the very early morning, quietly sipping cups of good coffee together, with all the time in the world to do so, unrushed, because it's heaven.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2013 7:47:31 PM
If it isn't laying between Angelina Jolie and Michelle Pfeiffer on some satin sheets watching George W.Bush and Obama getting sexually assaulted with a Columnar cactus on a high definition wide screen....then I'm not interested. LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > What is your idea of heaven?