Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 551
view profile
History
Women with multiple cats - sign of mental illness?Page 25 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
^ I agree that there's a limit to how many cats one should have. There's a difference between loving cats and hoarding them. Hoarding anything is a bad idea, however an excess number of beer cans or dolphin figurines can't pass along illnesses or make your home smell like urine and feces.
Speaking of that. I'm always disgusted when I go to someone's home and it has that cat pee smell. That's definitely a sign that either you have more cats than you can handle or you're doing a lousy job taking care of the one's you do have.
Even if you have indoor cats, there should never be any smell. If you clean the liter box regularly, no one should be able to tell you have cats without actually seeing the cats.
 riddleme
Msg: 553
view profile
History
Women with multiple cats - sign of mental illness?
Posted: 1/10/2012 6:34:42 PM
Cats aren't hard to take care of.

Stick the litter box some place that you aren't going to be around often. Clean it out every other day. Put food in their bowl, refill their water. Clip their nails every now and then when you here them clicking on the floor. Besides that they take care of themselves, but if you don't do the basic stuff than your house is going to smell like shit and piss all the time.

I only fancy pedigree cats as pets and I have a Bengal cat and everyone that comes over always asks me if my Bengal is a Leopard and tells me how beautiful he is. He is very, very friendly and I've never heard him growl or hiss his entire life and he doesn't use his claws on you.

The reason why people look less on cats is probably because they aren't shown in light as much as dogs. I mean, whens the last time you seen a cat cop kids movie?
 --Zen--
Msg: 554
Posted: 1/11/2012 5:19:10 AM
I don't see how two can be related. If she is a animal activist and rescues strays of the street she will only gain points in my book.
 ilovehistory
Msg: 556
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2012 9:32:38 PM

Better than all the pics of men and their dang fish, holding it up, dangleing it like it is a prize possession or something. I think that is a sign of mental anguish and abuse.lol Leave the cat ladies alone.!

Here in Indiana, there are A LOT of women on POF holding up photos of fish they've caught, and a surprising number of women in camo posing with their shotgun and a dead deer.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 557
Posted: 1/13/2012 1:36:33 AM
I have a cat screen saver
and a dog barking ring tone
and a child crying alarm clock
I can only take those annoyances in small doses - that is the extent I am willing to let any of them into my life.
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 560
Posted: 1/13/2012 12:42:23 PM
I don't have multiple cats, but I do have multiple pets. If a man isn't a fan of indoor pets, a relationship between us just wouldn't work anyway.

I have one cat. There's no stinky litter box smell since I toilet-trained her years ago. THAT fact might weird some guys out (sharing a toilet with a cat), but I love it. Haven't had to buy litter or clean a litter box in ages. All I have to do is flush behind her.

I have one very small dog. She's potty-pad trained.

I have two (caged) rats. It's part of my weekly schedule to completely change out their bedding, so they have no smell and make no mess.

I have a 55-gallon aquarium and a 10-gallon aquarium. Well, fish don't stink anyway (unless I guess the water might stink if one were to REALLY not care for it). Another part of my weekly schedule is changing their water.

My pets are a lot of work, but I love them. They and I are a package deal.
 JacquelineNL
Msg: 561
Posted: 1/13/2012 4:06:53 PM
If a women had 3 dogs, or 3 lizards, or 3 goldfrish, or 3 pet grasshopers, or 3 frogs...would you also think they were mentally ill???? My friend EVEN YOU are full of germs regardless of our many showers you take each day. I have 3 cats and as far as I know and according to my last Doctor check, physically and mentally I am in rather good shape...
 JacquelineNL
Msg: 562
Posted: 1/13/2012 4:14:47 PM
Hooyahhhh,

You obviously do not know the defintion of "Hoarding". Sorry being the owner of 3 cats do not qualify as "animal hoarding and a mental discorder"... Your link does not justify your comments it actually deflates your comments.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 564
Posted: 1/13/2012 11:46:28 PM
"""CAT WOMEN """ have issues

we all know that...

helllll

we had a cat woman down the street from me when I was growing up...

and they had to DEMOLISH her house with a bulldozer FINALLY....

cat women are HOARDers...

same crazy shiyat...

psychossssss\

damaged...
 Rain587
Msg: 565
Posted: 1/14/2012 12:33:02 AM
Triplek, where do you think she got all those babies?
 onceagain57
Msg: 567
Posted: 1/14/2012 3:41:14 AM
Unfortunately...those cats end up being their family....yep..I dated one for a very short time[woman]....and after leaving her house I was spitting cat hair....wasnt good...while me ending the relationship was not the animals....it did help some...
 BettyMcFattttyPants
Msg: 568
Posted: 1/14/2012 6:15:12 AM

Not sure I would classify it as a mental illness, but let's face it-those of us with multiple cats are a bit off.

Multiple meaning more than one. What's the number where it turns into hoarding? Because hoarding IS a mental illness. I know this for a fact. Not because I am a doctor, but I do watch Hoarders on tv. I'm pretty sure that now qualifies me as an Expert.
 ixtlan09
Msg: 569
Posted: 1/14/2012 6:15:24 AM
Would you consider this woman, who expresses her love for cats, to be mentally stable?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4NMoJcFd4
 BettyMcFattttyPants
Msg: 570
Posted: 1/14/2012 6:31:49 AM
As soon as my cats tell me it's ok, I am going to watch that link.
 benscuba
Msg: 571
Posted: 1/14/2012 8:14:07 AM
Not necessarily- if the lady takes good care of the cats and the place is clean. I love cats and as long as the kitties are well fed, clean and the litter box is kept sanitary not an issue. Now if we are talking about 100 cats with filth everywhere that is another matter.
 jazmin2005
Msg: 572
Posted: 1/14/2012 11:48:34 AM
No, it makes you a caring person...the cats rule as always, don't you know! That's what their personality is about. I had 4, I should know! But the biggest reward I had was that they loved me and when things went in the toilet of my life, they sensed it and were extra affectionate. They did get protective...when my ex irritated me, Jazzy would put her wet hair ties in his shoes!
 musical_turtle
Msg: 574
Posted: 1/15/2012 4:08:05 PM
lol @ this thread
 THEMEPACK
Msg: 575
Posted: 2/2/2013 11:10:59 AM
There is a very beautiful woman on here ...she now has 22 cats and yes is a nut bar....
She asked me if she could borrow a voice activated tape recorder to tape the voices she hears when she visits the cemetery...
 Happy_gal2013
Msg: 576
Posted: 2/2/2013 11:47:16 AM
I'm not to sure if it's a sign of mental illness. I would never eat at her home and I would click on the next profile.

I am not a cat person, but boy I love them fish tanks.....I have 972 fish last count and 125 dogs. LOL just joking-sorry
 AvailableinIndy
Msg: 577
Posted: 2/2/2013 12:43:44 PM
Love me, love my cats. I have two.

I have this in my profile too.

If you dont' like it, don't contact me. I think people who have dogs have that wet dog smell in their home. I have people tell me they can't smell my boxes, and I have two of them. I scoop them twice a day, and hose them out twice a month.

HHHmmm, the funny thing, is they are my judge of character. If they don't like a man I am dating, they usually are gone in a few weeks. They just give me the right sign all the time.
 chele1024
Msg: 578
Posted: 2/2/2013 8:50:11 PM
Okay - I have a dog a 3 cats. My cats stay OUTSIDE for the most part - NO LITTER BOXES in my house, no smell. My cats NEVER jump on the counter, tabletops, or kitchen counter - they know better - When I got them, I used a water gun to squirt them whenever they jumped on the furniture - they hate the H20, but it doesn't hurt them. They learned quickly. (For the lady who is being run-over by her cats - posted above). I rescued them, they were feral and being collected for the shelter - so I intervened. They are wonderfully well behaved, and only come inside when it is cold or for an occasional visit inside.

So - no, I don't think women have to have cats to be considered a bit crazy - we are crazy with or without them, LOL! It's the men that make us crazy - not the cats. I prefer dogs, but ended up with 3 cats, much to my chagrin - but glad to have them.
 LinuxD
Msg: 579
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2013 9:12:48 PM
Danger Will Robinson, Danger...
 1WishList
Msg: 580
Posted: 2/2/2013 9:54:07 PM
Multiple Cats = Mental Illness
Multiple Dogs = Mental Illness
No Animals = Mental Illness
Anger = Mental Illness
Opinions = Mental Illness
Won't have sex with you on first date = Mental Illness
Will have sex with you on first date = Mental Illness
Terrible Mother = Mental Illness
Devoted Mother, therefore YOU may come second = Mental Illness
Jobless = Mental Illness
Trust Money = Mental Illness
Will not reply to your messages = Mental Illness
Et Al ....
Good Lord, ZONG15, spend time and find a "Meow" who makes your motor purrrrrr, ... instead of bashing in the forums.
To Each His Own
 jamiebernie
Msg: 582
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 5:28:16 AM
To be an animal hoarder not good. To love animals that is a nice quality.some men are jealous of anything a woman gives attenrion to if it isnt them. Animal lovets should stick together. If one cant love anothers pets then find someone who has none.
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 583
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 9:02:38 AM
Talk about mental illness, why would anyone walk down the street holding a bag of warm dogshit?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >