Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 odinwoden
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Women with multiple cats - sign of mental illness?Page 3 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
They walk on a 1 ft by 1ft area where they poop and pee. Then they lick their feet. Then they lick their bodies with the same tongue.

Its the same thing. Poop in the litter box, poop on the feet, poop on the cat. You sleep in a bed that is covered with cat poop fragments. Tell me how that's not gross? Would you go number 2, not wipe, then go jump in bed sans clothing, and then squirm around?

Its just not sanitary. "My cat magically doesn't touch any previously touched portion of the catbox" but what when he drags his butt across the carpet to scratch himself?
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 109
Women with multiple cats - sign of mental illness?
Posted: 8/4/2009 5:56:44 PM

They walk on a 1 ft by 1ft area where they poop and pee. Then they lick their feet. Then they lick their bodies with the same tongue.

Dogs roll in dead things and they EAT their (and other dogs') own feces. They, like cats, lick their own hind ends and then lick you, but usually, cats don't lick humans as much as dogs do.

Don't give me this crap about dogs being cleaner than cats!
 tbuddha
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/4/2009 6:21:05 PM
I've had dogs and cats and dogs are by far dirtier animals. My cat goes outside to crap so she never walks in it, and all cats are more conscious than dogs in that after they take a crap they bury it. Dogs will eat their own poop and then lick your face - cats don't do that. Also, dogs track in more dirt from outside.

<div class="quote">womaninprogress: Silly me, I thought I was going to read about how you want her to be able to take care of future kids, not you. Shouldn't taking care of you be done by you? You are an adult, right?

I've been taking care of myself for years, and will always be able to provide for myself without any help. I'm sorry you don't know what it means for a woman to take care of a man.
 Kimberish925
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 6:58:31 PM
I have always owned cats, currently have 3 and they are considered family.

Cats are cute, but their feet are nasty dirty...look up taxoplasmosis.

Yes...please look up toxoplasmosis.
From petplace.com
Toxoplasmosis can occur in both cats and dogs. This disease is zoonotic, which means it is transmissible to humans, and pregnant women especially must be careful.

Animals that are fed raw or incompletely cooked meat are at higher risk of developing toxoplasmosis, as well as animals that are immunosuppressed.

Ferel cats are far more likely to get Toxoplasmosis than your typical in door cat. Dogs go outside, just what do you think they are walking through? How often do dogs clean themselves?

Cats are far cleaner than dogs (I love dogs too, just not home enough to have one). My cats spend roughly 3 hours a day cleaning themselves for no apparent reason. They are particular about the cat box and it must be kept clean or I will have an all out revolt on my hands. As much as I hate it and have diligently tried to train them to stay off of counters, they feel the need to lounge there when I'm not looking. I simply keep a pack of disinfectant wipes and wipe down the counter often. My counters are probably cleaner than most non-pet owners.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:12:18 PM

Do indoor cats use the litterbox everyday?
Do they go to the bathroom in the litterbox everyday?

Owners clean their litter boxes everyday. Not rocket science.

Cats walk in their own feces every single day.

Out of curiosity, do you believe that if you say it often enough it becomes a fact?

LOL at the dude getting on his high horse about cat poop etc.

What I want to know is: Who picks this subject to be an expert on?
 odinwoden
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 9:01:16 PM
Just a few things.

Pets.com, contrary to popular belief is not a very well respected publisher of scientific disease research, but thank you for posting. Regardless, cats are the primary reservoir of toxoplasmosis, and yes, normal, domesticated cats get it and it does cause health problems. Its transmitted by dead animals...just how do you think that dead bird ended up on your doorstep?

Second, yes, it is possible for cats to be potty trained. But, its also possible to teach cats to play piano.

Third: yes, some cat owners do empty the litter box every day.

But, lets all think: how many of the cat owners that you know empty the litter box every day? Mmm hmm, very few. The smell gives it away everytime.

Fourth: ladies who own more than 3 of any pet are pretty much certifiably crazy. Plus, if they do, there's no possible way they care for all of those pets the way that responsible pet owners would.

Fifth: I never said that dogs were cleaner than cats. I did say that my dog does not walk on the kitchen counter tops, does not sleep in my bed, and does not walk on the furniture. Your cat does walk in poop and does all of the things listed above. That's nasty! And, you KNOW you don't clean the litter box everyday. Lets be honest.

Sixth: Your cat does clean itself for 3 hrs per day, but not for no reason, its because it is filthy. Its redistributing its dirtiness from its fur to its tongue back to its fur. Ever wonder why dog owners wash their dogs weekly? When is the last time you've washed your cat?
 Kimberish925
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 9:33:34 PM
Look...don't date cat people. If you think I'm certifiable because I have 3 cats in my house so be it. I also have 2 kids so its 1 cat per person. I guess that evens it out.

First: My cats are indoor cats, they do not bring me anything. I do however get an occasional hairball, now that's disgusting! I will repeat...ferel cats are the primary source of toxoplasmosis. The common house cat is not as likely to get it or share it.

Second: I would never toilet train them, 3 women trying to get bathroom time is hard enough.

Third: The cat box gets cleaned daily, multiple times.

Fourth: How would you know if I care for them well? They are all healthy, shots updated, fed twice daily, fresh water daily and loved unconditionally.

Fifth: Already answered about cat box cleaning habits

Sixth: All cats spend hours cleaning them selves. They do not like other scents on their fur,so they clean/groom every time you pet them, they go in the litter box, roll over, etc... Cats groom themselves for many reasons, it does not always have to do with being filthy. They groom for heat regulation, waterproofing, icrease scent (theirs to get rid of yours, they like balance). Simply put most cats are meticulous about being clean. They also groom as a stress release. What the heck does a cat have to be stressed about though????
LMAO...have you ever tried to bathe a cat...my daughter found out the hard way that cats can fly with claws fully extended when water is applied. Most cats hate water so bathing them is not happening.

That's my rant for today.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/4/2009 9:42:34 PM

ladies who own more than 3 of any pet are pretty much certifiably crazy.

I suppose this doesn't apply to men who have more than three of any pet!

Hmm . . . let's see . . .

I had but one cat for four years, but a man stopped at my house one night in the middle of a rainstorm with a cat he saw on the side of the freeway--my house was the first and only for a couple of miles after the freeway exit.

I took the cat and tried to find her owners, no luck. The county humane shelter wouldn't even bother with cats. The private, no kill shelter would take her if she had a negative feline leukemia test. My other option is to kick her outside and not feed her, maybe she would starve to death and I wouldn't have to worry. Another human already kicked her out on the side of the road; she wasn't my problem or my responsibility, was she?

I had the test done. It was negative, but after I spent the $42, I decided that I might as well keep her.

Two cats.

I moved--bringing two cats with me--and two weeks ago, while sitting on my porch in the evening, I heard a "meow, meow" from the vacant lot next to my house. I own the lot, and there are no houses on the other side, just woods for some distance. Two kittens were there, about three or four months old. I walked out into the grass, they were skittish and didn't want to come to me, but when I returned to the house, they followed.

Yeah, I fed them. They ate as if they hadn't eaten in days, growling as they chomped down.

Do I want four cats? No. Can I let them go hungry? Yes, but I won't. I was about to leave town for a few days and the neighbors fed the kittens while I was gone. I planned to take them to the humane society in this county when I came back. I was told it will cost me $30 apiece for the society to accept them. I think of their options at the shelter.

If I am crazy for having four cats--two inside and two outside--then so be it. The kittens are male and I'll get their shots and have them neutered. I just spent $140 for shots and the spaying of my first adoptee. I teach part-time and it is more than I should spend on stray cats, but ya know something? I will do it and not complain.

Crazy? I have been called crazy for things other than adopting three useless cats--I don't mind being crazy.

Plus, if they do, there's no possible way they care for all of those pets the way that responsible pet owners would.

Yup, I am pretty damned irresponsible.

Or did you mean like the responsible pet owners who dump kittens alongside the road rather than to have three or four cats?

(If you want to be passionate about a woman having too many charges to care for, rant about the Octo-Mom.)
 zangie
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 11:10:26 PM
"T"..I collect carebears...I totally understand...lol..have your tried the antihistamines or shots? I have a friend who takes one before he visits me, and I make sure to sweep up the cat hair very well and he does fine while he is here...also, I have another friend who eventually became immune by exposing himself to one regularly..also, some cats bother him and some don't..oddly enough...

OT : I have an automatic litter box..it cleans the litter automatically after my cat steps out of the box after using it ( sensor activated)...so much easier than scooping it yourself...lol..and actually cleans it more often...

I think my cat keeps me sane actually....
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 127
Posted: 8/5/2009 6:30:42 AM

My cat weighs 27lbs and gets a bath once every two weeks. It's a huge ordeal. I have to wear a bathing suit and put towels all over the floor. Talk about a work out!

I started bathing my oldest cat when she was a small kitten. Now, she doesn't mind it all. The second one was too old to condition. I plan to keep the new kittens outside since I have a garage that they can sleep in during the winter, so I don't plan on bathing them.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/5/2009 6:44:31 AM

Message: Animals are better judge of character than most humans. Cats and Dogs can smell a rat when they see one.

Yes, as the op is playing with people's emotions in his troll in that pets are getting more attention then him. I wonder why? And don't ya love it in the fora is that even pets can get bashed here too!
And I will say in the pets owners I know here is that they are very loving and caring to their pets.

Now if you like having a snake wrapped around your neck that might be a bit of a turn off.
 mcwr
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/5/2009 7:24:13 AM
The only women I know that owned multiple cats were both crack heads. By multiple, I mean 7 or more. Oh, and one of them was my Dad's girlfriend, whom he killed.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 130
Posted: 8/5/2009 9:06:34 AM
I would not question the health of any woman you had more than 3 cats no more then I would question a farmer that had a multitude of cows.

After all this woman may have a small breeding program and be trying to make a contribution to the breed in her lifetime.

Now if you are talking about women that have 50 plus cats her home being over run with them then I agree that is sick. One person cannot properly care for that amount and she has allowed this to get way out of control.

However I would personally run from anyone that did not enjoy the company of having a loving pet.

thecatsmeoww
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 131
Posted: 8/5/2009 9:16:37 AM

Fourth: ladies who own more than 3 of any pet are pretty much certifiably crazy. Plus, if they do, there's no possible way they care for all of those pets the way that responsible pet owners would.

What a crazy statement the above is. I know pet people that cannot manage to take care of one pet while I know many small breeders that can easily take care of 10.

Oh and they do clean litter daily and there is zero smell.

As for toxoplasmosis not likely an indoor cat would contact it. The main sources of infection for a cat are uncooked meat (usually pork), infected prey, or as kittens in utero or through the milk. Humans, dogs, and other mammals usually become infected through meat, raw milk from infected goats, and accidental ingestion of cat's fecal material from hands or on food. Keep you cat indoors and not out playing on the streets.

In closing my cats are show cats and are bathed regularly..as well as groomed daily.

thecatsmeoww
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 132
Posted: 8/5/2009 10:09:31 AM

Or did you mean like the responsible pet owners who dump kittens alongside the road rather than to have three or four cats?

Add to that the ones that dump their only pet along the roadside because they are now moving to place where they cannot have it. What?

thecatsmeoww
 FierceAndGenerous
Msg: 133
Posted: 8/5/2009 11:32:25 AM
Just have to post, the crazy cat lady idea is hilarious. Men: if she has 3 or more cats and under 40 yrs old, with no children, you have trouble..I believe the math here is add one cat every 3-5 yrs after 40 if she already has 3 or more. ***** STAY away from the crazycatlady
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 135
Posted: 8/5/2009 5:29:54 PM

But, lets all think: how many of the cat owners that you know empty the litter box every day?

Every single person I know with a cat cleans the litter box everyday. Sometimes multiple times a day.

When is the last time you've washed your cat?

Some people call that grooming. It's not unheard of. And I don't mean "grooming" themselves either.

I think you've been misled about how much maintenance cats require. I only have 2, but I lived in a house with 5 cats once (2 were mine, still) and it doesn't take up a LOT of time.

I can't even get my 2 cats to kill spiders and bugs... they're totally useless in regards to bringing me dead stuff.

I have 6 cats and 3 kids. Guess which drive me more crazy?

I'm guessing the kids.
 Applette
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2009 6:21:54 PM
I am a little concerned about men and cats .. not so much men and dogs ...dogs I happen to like but I truly quesiton people in general who go overboard for their pets. Unfortunately most pets in north american are fed better then three quarters of the world's population. Now that is sad!!
 wasillaman
Msg: 139
Posted: 8/5/2009 9:45:09 PM
el marichi
we have had three litters of kittens ,, the first was the middle of the night in my girls bedroom , the mothers first , so the dad i was, girls wide awake, i helped pulling the skin off cutting the cords , great lesson about birth.
the last two not so eventful, and we did give all of them away , we now have three total that live outside full time.
why ? because they catch mice , voles , and shews , , mice is the main concern as they will migrate to the house.
cat trainning to catch and eat mice ,, simple ,, dont feed them for a couple days .
our Labrador-poodle dog "Cali" lives inside , she is my other girl , i call her child protection and very much pregnant, with a nice black poodle male friend.
puppies, another life experience for us , with profit and fun .
cali loves to swim i have no trouble keeping her clean , cats seem clean enough , but would die if they got on a counter .
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 141
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:08:00 AM
I know a woman who has 27 cats. She has cat litte boxes all over the house and empties them every day. Her house still smells like cat shit, and I can't stand to go visit her. I think she is nuts..her house is huge, and very clean, but there are literally cats all over the frikken place. It totally freaks me out just seeing them every where, and my nose feels like I've been snorting ammonia within five minutes. I seriously think she is mentally ill, but the cats are all healthy, and she takes them to the vet regularly and they are all well cared for, so who am I to judge.

But I say, more than a cat or two, you may just be nuts. Same goes with dogs.
Beth
 Fifi47
Msg: 142
Posted: 8/6/2009 8:30:13 PM
A friend of mine is getting her 9th cat soon, a Siamese kitten, she must be beyond mentally ill at this point........
 Fifi47
Msg: 143
Posted: 8/6/2009 8:30:45 PM
A friend of mine is getting her 9th cat soon, a Siamese kitten, she must be beyond mentally ill at this point........
 odinwoden
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:36:54 PM
Are we really comparing a farmer who has a farm of cows to a crazy lady who had too many cats to care for?

Really? We're comparing cats with farm animals? When is the last time we used the milk of cats for nutritional benefits? When's the last time you've enjoyed a ribeye of cat or buffalo cat wings? When's the last time a cat has done anything productive (farm animals can at least plow fields, although even farmers have moved on to mechanized ways of accomplishing this.)

Cat people do not raise cats for food (but if that's what you're suggesting, you've pretty much proven my point.) I know of nobody who owns cats who's trying to "improve the breed." This happens often with dog owners, but nobody who owns 20 cats is actually trying to genetically improve the feline genome. Google "domesticated feline genetics research" and then google "domesticated canine genetics research." Nobody is improving the feline genome because they really don't do anything. Dog breeds are typically hybridized because there are useful traits to bring out in dog breeds. There's no such thing as a seeing eye cat, a bomb sniffing cat, a guard cat, or a cat that does anything useful at all.

You can't compare farm animals to felines. You can't compare the breeding programs of canines to that of felines. Its like comparing apples with rotten nonsense.

This will be my last post here. I think the last 15 posts have pretty much substantiated the point of the original thread.
 srb272007
Msg: 146
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:07:33 PM
yeah i'm gonna have to go with the dissent on this one - i mean i'm with you that cats are pretty stupid (just my preference)

but there are oh about 5 trillion signs of mental illness that i spot before counting the number of cats they have

meow
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 148
Posted: 8/7/2009 1:20:33 AM
I can translate....but only when the moon intercepts with Jupiter and Saturn...oh and the stars have to align with my swimming pool lights so I can't promise anything....except for an instant reading of "meow"...and we all know what that means.................!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >