Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forum101
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Women with multiple cats - sign of mental illness?Page 5 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
m14. I am the one dealing with their cats, not the other way around. I didnt create the problem. Those cats do not belong to me. I dont know which one belongs where. They dont stay here all the time. The problem lies on the people dropping off litters of kittens. I didnt say I was overwhelmed. I would rather feed them all, and know my cats are eating. That's why they come here, cause I keep cat food at the back door for my cats. They are not my all cats, and I wouldnt feel right trapping them and shipping them off to the shelter to be killed.
 Bablynbrook
Msg: 198
Women with multiple cats - sign of mental illness?
Posted: 1/8/2010 11:12:38 AM
Anything in excess is a red flag. I don't know if I would say it is mental illness, but I would really question it. To top it off they are stinking up the house and with that many you have to be very dilegent about cleaning up. Sounds a bit too out there for me.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 199
Posted: 1/8/2010 2:45:05 PM

They are not my all cats, and I wouldnt feel right trapping them and shipping them off to the shelter to be killed.

It was sub-zero weather last night and there is a foot of snow on the ground. I have outdoor cats who sleep in the garage; they were dumped by my house last summer shortly after I moved in. The garage is not the best accommodation, but they don't mind. They are happy to be out of the wind and snow, have something to eat, and a few kind. loving words from me.

But there is now another stray cat, and I do not have the heart to keep her away from the food. She ran from the garage yesterday when I went out to shut the door for the night, but she was on my porch this morning.

I will eventually call animal control to come get her because I have reached my limit of cats--I also have two indoor kitties. I can afford to feed another cat, but I can't afford the medical bills of shots, spaying, etc.

Sigh.

I was crazy before I got the cats.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/8/2010 2:51:25 PM
I have more than one but that's only because I know one would need me to entertain it, and I need my space, even from my cat. Two is perfect, they can bug each other and my attention is less of a requirement and more of an enjoyment beyond food and normal upkeep when I am stretched for time or patience.

I once had three, but it was only because I had one so old and frail that the younger one was stressing it out by wanting to play so much. I got a kitten to balance out the playtime so the older one could have some peace. The older one died soon enough and I am now back to two.

When I upgrade to a dog, I will probably do the same.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 204
Posted: 1/8/2010 9:08:09 PM

If you own one, you need to understand that everywhere it walks is a poo/pee trail.

My cats have little slippers than they put on before they get into the litter box. As soon as they do their business, they hop out of the box and take the slippers off, then rub their paws with antibacterial lotion.

Problem solved
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 206
Posted: 1/8/2010 10:42:33 PM
I have two and I'm certainly not crazy. I got the second one which is still a kitten to keep the other one company. They are certainly entertaining in the way they chase each other and rough house. But two is my limit. I thought about "fostering", but then I realized that I'd have to foster a whole damn litter which could be five "babies" and bottle feeding. Uh, HELL NO! Sleepless nights. Those every two hour feedings. My human baby was a baby 10 years ago. Not going there again.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2010 7:20:54 AM
It's more a sign that they like company, and would like to live with someone, but haven't found anyone lately, and just keep accumulating cats for company in the meantime.
 Quazi 100
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2010 10:37:16 AM

It's more a sign that they like company, and would like to live with someone, but haven't found anyone lately, and just keep accumulating cats for company in the meantime.

As I was saying, when I lived with my ex, we had two cats and a hamster.

A friend called me, and had a Teddy Bear hamster that had nerve damage to it's face at her store. No one wanted it, and she was going to have to get it put down...did I want it.

I didn't, but I took it anyway.

This hamster was a riot. My ex and I would be trying to watch TV, but we ended up watching the hamster instead....she was an amazing acrobat. Better entertainment than the movie we'd rented.

We would put the hamsters into their plastic balls, and they would play with the cats....really...the cats would play with the ball, then back away, and the hamsters would roll back to the cats.....

We named the hamster Quazimoto, because of the nerve damage to her face.....she's where my screen name came from.....
 felinefan
Msg: 212
Posted: 1/11/2010 3:07:51 PM
I have 4 myself. Only one was planned. I wasn't a cat person until about 15 years ago, and could not have pictured it before that.

One of the reasons for my pof screen name is to let the men know up front that this is a non-negotiable.

I mainly think that it's an unpleasant stereotype that may have some truth but also many exceptions.
 Kimberish925
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2010 8:00:21 PM
Sorry eden...wrong again. Most cats will do anything to avoid walking in there own or any other cats pee/poop. They will seek out an area of the box not previously used and if they have a good owner the box will get cleaned regularily and they always have clean litter. They will then spend countless hours cleaning and grooming. That's their nature.
As far as the counters go, I agree, it's not my favorite place to find any one of my 3 but I have a simple fix...I keep a thing of those disinfectant wipes and simply wipe down the counter when needed.
 happybrunette221
Msg: 214
Posted: 5/7/2010 2:09:18 AM
Cats should NEVER be starved. It can lead to a dangerous and deadly liver condition.

Cats will catch mice and kill them no matter how well-fed they are. It had nothing to do with wanting to eat them, it has to do with their hunting instinct. They will chase, play with, and kill small living things. My 2 cats catch and kill bugs that fly in when the sliding door is open in warm weather, and they certainly don't eat them!
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 215
Posted: 5/7/2010 6:03:32 AM

I'm just anti poo

I'm pro poo cuz i don't believe in being constipation. lol

Cats are gross. If you own one, you need to understand that everywhere it walks is a poo/pee trail.

And I'm anti "Black Plague" myself.....
 valenciacityx
Msg: 216
Posted: 5/7/2010 10:08:50 AM
A guy in Germany just married his cat. So apparently the 'Crazy Cat Lady' meme has received its shot across the bow for EEOC

Welcome to the new crazy
 Rarebird76
Msg: 217
Posted: 5/7/2010 11:25:49 AM

A guy in Germany just married his cat. So apparently the 'Crazy Cat Lady' meme has received its shot across the bow for EEOC

Welcome to the new crazy
I saw that story....awesome! Now women can finally come out and marry their cats as well.

If she's resorted to cats to fill the void it's a sign that as a man you probably have an uphill battle with her. Cats can be stand ins for an actual BF or kids even. Many a crazy cat lady probably thought they would never be one but here they are......and more and more everyday. I'm trying to break the cycle but the defenders walls are tall and thick.

Sad.....
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2010 12:33:40 PM

A guy in Germany just married his cat.

he's striking a blow for tradition. not too many guys will marry nowadays for pvssy.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 221
Posted: 5/7/2010 12:44:06 PM

Whaaaaat The old crazy cat lady thing???

The liter box is my issue..Who would have a box of poo and urine in their house?
Nasty.
Cats outside..Dogs in or out depending.

I am partial to llamas..

not too many guys will marry nowadays for pvssy.

Maybe not, but some will do a lot for it.

How about a man with multiple cats?Is that MORE crazy?

BRB.. llama and cats fighting..over the dog..

christ on a crutch
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2010 12:49:31 PM

How about a man with multiple cats?Is that MORE crazy?

i have two. feel free to draw your own conclusions.

and the litter box is indoors because they are at all times. can't have stray dogs chewing up my babies, or cars running them over.
 Vannili
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2010 12:59:48 PM
A guy in Germany just married his cat.

he's striking a blow for tradition. not many guys will marry nowadays for pvssy.

I don't blame the person who married his cat for the cat don't nag him and drive him crazy every month, PERIOD

I will force a guy to marry me because he can flush his poo and pee in the commode, For sure, I don't want to strain the poos and pees from the litter box even how cute he is..

Honey Pvssy.
I change my name to this message...
 smalltowngirl0
Msg: 224
Posted: 5/7/2010 3:10:06 PM
duh, if you don't like cats ''at all'' you will not be able to tolerate a cat around. i have two cats. you would not be welcome in my home.
 Vannili
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2010 3:26:22 PM
smalltowngirl :
Don't get me wrong I love cats,dogs, little children as long as they are not mind. lol
I have a cat from my late husband ,when he passed away my cat passed away too of liver failure and old age 28 years old.I was so double broken hearted.. As of now ,I don't have a cat..
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2010 6:21:32 PM
I like cats, because I have ADD. Cats will let you know what's going on, and keep you on schedule. Fish just quietly die. Dogs are fine too, but when a German Shepard gets sick in the night, there is usually a HUGE EMPIRE OF OOG to clean up, and it takes a LONG time to air out the house. The worst cat "sick" is far smaller. Pluses and minuses to everything, I guess.
I'm fascinated how fiercely some people HATE cats. I've known people who FEAR dogs, but none who HATED them. I really would like to find someone who HATES them , but can also communicate dispassionately enough to explain themselves to me. So far, everyone I've run into that hates them, and finds out I don't, immediately distances themselves from me, as if by my proximity I will CAUSE cats to appear in their house. That, or they are so close to insane, they are unable to say anything other than shrieked insults. I'm not saying liking cats makes someone better than someone else, or that disliking them means your nutty. I fully understand the explanations I've heard from people who PREFER dogs to cats, or who prefer the cleanliness they can achieve in their house by having NO pets at all. I just don't get the HATE.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 227
Posted: 5/7/2010 8:01:49 PM
If you're 40+ and have more than 1 cat pack it in or go lesbo. You had a good run.
 Maleman999
Msg: 228
Posted: 5/7/2010 8:15:54 PM
If a woman has multiple children, is it a sign of mental illness?
 Rarebird76
Msg: 229
Posted: 5/7/2010 8:20:29 PM

If a woman has multiple children, is it a sign of mental illness?
Not unless she treats them like cats (litterbox for each room....feeds them cat food....takes them to veterinarians etc)
 Vannili
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2010 7:05:28 AM
-that I have a cat,or the fact that Imight be a lesbo ?

cheshirecat-alyst, I love your smile ,as if you've been licking that fresh cream your mommy 's saving it to make a banana cream pie...

The fact that I don't have a cat is that I fear to become a lesbo, and I can't afford to adopt 1 or 2 and can't support their food,litter box ,visit to the vet,and electricity for vacumming their shedded hair around the house. So I just go and visit my nice nieghbor and pet her two lovely cats, so feminity is still intact in me and I am making sure that I fancy men , I don't like playing Cymbals..............
Vannili
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >