Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 arhillbillyKat
Msg: 3
Bucket List..Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Go on a cruise and fish in Alaska...hopefully will come true in May 2010
 arhillbillyKat
Msg: 6
Bucket List..
Posted: 7/28/2009 7:37:27 PM
Since the cruise line changed the ports on the cruise I was suppose to have taken the first of May this yr, I was able to get credit for another one since I didn't like the new ports. So I decided to use it for something that I wanted to do. The cruise the first of May I was just doing because there were 8 of us from POF going. Wasn't thrilled about the ports in the first place, but when they changed, sure wasn't thrilled. If you want the info for the Alaskan cruise just email me and I'll give you the details....anyone else that could be interested, just let me know
 drivingwoman
Msg: 8
Bucket List..
Posted: 8/2/2009 12:14:44 PM
I used to drive truck and have been in 47 of the lower 48. I would love to see Maine since that is the only one I haven't been in. I am planning on the cruise to Alaska.....but since I really don't like to fly that much - I guess I will wait for the bridge to be built to Hawaii. Of course, if I could find the right person to hold my hand and comfort me during the flight - just might make a change of plans on that one.

I made several trips in the truck with mom as my co-pilot. I lost her the first of this year so the rest of the trips will be in her memory. She loved to travel.
 arhillbillyKat
Msg: 13
Bucket List..
Posted: 8/5/2009 10:54:26 AM
Jim, as I read your words yesterday, I was brought to tears. I have been a caregiver for several Alzheimer's patients and what you say is true. It has to be the hardest diseases a family can go thu. My prayers are that your family has found peace in knowing that the Lord is with her where ever she might be.

I just recently lost my mother and even tho we were not close, she was still my mother. I can remember as a teenager that my parents were looking forward to traveling once my younger brother was a Jr or Sr in high school. By the time my brother reached high school, my dad was already to sick with cancer to fulfill that dream so in a way I am fulfilling it for the 2 of them.

Doris and Kathie....I hope you have your passports cause there ain't no telling where else we will end up on our way to the Alaskan cruise...or on the way home....
 maples01
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Bucket List..
Posted: 8/10/2009 2:58:13 PM
Great movie, but there is nothing I can really think of, I keep it simple, just amazed that I'm still here, all the tragic things I've lived through.
Guess in all, someone to spend the rest of my time here with.
 drivingwoman
Msg: 23
Bucket List..
Posted: 8/16/2009 4:54:23 PM
Sticking with the bucket list~ after reading the posts~~~~ I guess I had better get a passport! Such a deal! Put that on the bucket list.

CeeCee, I am with you on the bucket list of being a couple! That would be a nice thing since I am very much at odds without mom. I will respond in the comment that your relationship with your mom mirrors mine, except I am an only child. So now, there is just me and the grand kids!
 maples01
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Bucket List..
Posted: 8/17/2009 3:11:16 PM

Meeting that ONE lady and getting off of here.
So we can work on a bucket list together.

Yep, exactly what I'm doing.
 southernresa
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Bucket List..
Posted: 8/21/2009 11:55:38 AM
I actually have a few:
1- Indoor Sky Diving
2- Ride on the back of a bike (scratch this one off - DONE!! at the meet and greet
Sept 08** )
3- Hot Air Balloon Ride (with someone special)
4- White Water Rafting
5- ParaSailing
6- Vacation in Hawaii
7- Lead others to Christ (by being a Christian example)
8- Cruise with friends
9- Start a GED/ASVAB bootcamp to help young dropouts to get a good start in their lives
10- Find that special someone in my life and have the same type of relationship that I had with my deceased hubby. (we, us, our), with the same goals in life,

My hubby deceased 3 1/2 years ago. On his bucketlist was for him to sky dive. He never achieved that one. The closest that he came to it was an indoor sky diving. I was with him and he did it with our 2 (adopted) children. I participated on the sidelines looking in the smudged window watching them as I held their coats. The looks on their faces was priceless when they came out of the room. Now I would like to go back there someday and re-live that in memory of my hubby.

Resa
Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  >