Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RushLuv
Msg: 15
creepy men/women on pof who just want to bug youPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Of course. I've been getting harassed by some creep who lives in Florida. The more I ignored his emails, the more he bugged. I finally decided to block him. Apparently he was horny, and wanted me to do something about it.

This wouldn't be the first time. I had to block a creep before, because he just wouldn't leave me alone. He kept trying to bully me into dating him. When I blocked him the first time, he created a second account, and came right back.

I said to myself that if he continue to harrass me, I will notify the admin.

You guys REALLY need to watch out for these clowns.
 jaqi
Msg: 18
view profile
History
creepy men/women on pof who just want to bug you
Posted: 7/29/2009 2:13:27 PM
{quote}this thread gave me tons of ideas....thank you {/quote}

I bet it has gorgeous guy
 clasact
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2009 2:17:50 PM

Hey that was supposed to stay between you me and the crusty sock damn it.

Hey, you're the one who outed yerself Rock, I didn't mention any names, now did I?

Sock? You told me you din't use a sock.

See there OP, don't listen to him........he HAS no sock collection..........something like "etchings" ....ya know?
 mrcs84
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2009 3:27:16 PM
Sounds like people will come up with just about anything to make a lasting impression. I guess it's a question of how good that impression is. Haha
 Saro_M
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/20/2011 9:10:38 AM
Oh please, I don't even write trash like that, and women won't write back to me! So please tell me, what kinda of messages do you expect from a guy that would satisfy women?
 abelian
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/20/2011 10:28:05 AM

would love to hear what others experiences are on this....whats the stranges note received on pof?

I've gotten some really strange ones. One was so strange that I saved it because it was so far out there. I won't post it, but I've asked a few of my pof pals privately to try and top it for sheer weirdness and so far, I've won, hands down.
 LinuxD
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2011 2:50:06 PM
Had one lady (?) message me and go on and on about how good looking she thought I was and closed out with what she was GOING to do to me once she got me naked

I am all for a woman who knows what she wants but c'mon,she was 4 states away.
I thanked her politely
*shrug* never heard from her again.
 arwen52
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2011 11:06:13 PM
This is why POF allows us to block people.

I've had some jerks. Weirdest was the foot fetishist. He just went on & on about it when I told him I don't think we're a good match, he got abusive. That's the best I can come up with. I guess I've gotten some sleazeballs but none of them were interesting/creative enough to stand out in my mind. Just your garden variety idiots.

I've gotten some really strange ones. One was so strange that I saved it because it was so far out there. I won't post it, but I've asked a few of my pof pals privately to try and top it for sheer weirdness and so far, I've won, hands down.

Now I'm curious. What do I have to get to read it?

Softy63
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/21/2011 6:55:54 PM
Now I'm curious. What do I have to get to read it?

I wanna read it too!!!

I've had some stupid messages, one of which was the guy complained his ears were cold and could he put his head between my legs to warm them up. What a moron.

EDIT: By the way, Saro M.....you look like a young Keanu Reeves. :)
 shadowlyte
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/15/2011 6:37:30 AM
I honestly want to know what drives men to be absolute creepers? I mean Nothing in my profile says I want to hook up, talk about sex within 2 seconds of greeting you, and when I have messaged a guy who looks fairly "normal" he comes at me with all the grace of a horny teenager. Then there are the 50-somethings who could be my father, checking me out and wondering if I want a "daddy" in my life. It's skeevy, and it's alarming. There are men whose profiles say they want a real thing, or a relationship, but they approach like some American- Pie -Sitffler -wannabe. It's good to know I'm not alone in this.
 --Zen--
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/15/2011 7:25:23 AM
What is the point of this thread? To signify how you fail at dating or just another subtle masandric runt? Just come out and say that all men are pigs and stop being passive aggressive. Another case of emotional terrorism and pathetic males here just bend over and take it.
 AustinWriter87
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2011 8:51:08 AM
Oh I've had my fair share of creepy encounters. I had one guy ask if he could foot F(*$k me, since evidently I have nice hands so therefore I must have nice feet. Wut? Or guys that just open their emails with their phone numbers and say "give me a call somtim" First of all, who is Somtim? Is he Vietnamese? I think I know his brother.

My biggest peeve is when they write you and you cannot understand a single word they say. Text short hand is for texting, not for emailing.
 B0SSMAN
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/15/2011 10:55:49 AM
like Unclezeus

That_girl*
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/15/2011 12:36:24 PM
theres many creeps everywhere not just the net or pof.. but i keep getting messages from a guy who seems to have a 5 word vocabulary..his main line is "when can i c u" at first i tried to make real conversation an get him to actually talk but that failed it would always lead back to mmm when can i c u..so i was done now i see he has atleast 3 profiles on here an changes his pics around or takes them down but still every now an then will email an say "when can i c u" an im pretty sure im not the only woman hes emailing saying that famous line to.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/15/2011 12:37:36 PM
I'd had my share of creepy people too. It's called delete and block.
 FunkTheMillenium
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/15/2011 4:56:30 PM
i usually have to come up with creepiness to keep the convo some what going hahahaha.

whatever happened to polite conversation going anywhere. who knows..
 lovelikewinter
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2011 8:37:30 PM
I get messages from guys who just say : hey

that is creepy.... it's like they are transfixed by a stripper ans that is all they can say.
 larissan04
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/15/2011 11:21:52 PM
i've had men i do not know send me rude messages regarding my political affiliation - out of the blue! i mean, who acts like this? it's called manners, hello? we're talking people i don't even know! lol!
 cooldog65
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 12:40:58 AM
@Iceman: Speaking of creepy on the forum threads (dating while pregnant thread).You and him battling back and forth. You calling him out and him backpedaling.

@meowsaidthetigress: Nice tan lines!

@larissan04: I'll send you a nice message with no politics and no occupy wallstreet!
 larissan04
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/16/2011 8:32:46 AM
Cooldog~

"@larissan04: I'll send you a nice message with no politics and no occupy wallstreet!"

thanks. i appreciate that very much. i mean, there is a very good reason why i moved away from berkeley. i wanted to avoid all the morally superior, politically indignant, and the malicious indigents.
 gentleplus
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2011 12:07:45 PM
i mean, there is a very good reason why i moved away from berkeley. i wanted to avoid all the morally superior, politically indignant, and the malicious indigents.

and the intellectually fraudulent pseudo objectivity....
 Xipher
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/16/2011 12:34:15 PM
Hate to say it.. but just about every message I get on here is "creepy".

It's starting to make me wonder if there are any normal women on here at all lol.
 egowitch
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/16/2011 7:15:57 PM
Eh - they're everywhere - of course they'll be some on here too !

I usually have fun with 'em verbally , and because they're often cowards, they tend to back down quickly. If not , that's what the "block" feature is for !

But hey - at least they're not boring !
 FunkTheMillenium
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/16/2011 7:25:17 PM
^^^^ exactly proven as to why women answer them back usually unfortunately over the well intenioned polite guys because they probably come off as boring.
 concertlover31
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/17/2011 7:10:40 AM
what's creepy for one woman is hilarious and funny to another.

same ol same ol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >