Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama's latest approval ratings.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Obama's latest approval ratings.Page 3 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

Why do a lot of people blame Obama for the horrible Economy? we were already in a recession when George Bush was still in office, it's going to take years to clean up the mess George Bush made.
because their completely ignorant,its all aftermath of Bush and even before him,oops,we're not allowed to mention his name for fear of being accused of continually bringing up his name ! a fifth grader knows this was all here already , for Obama to inherit ! only a moron wouldn't know that Obama stepped in to clean up a horrendous mess,and his progress of several monumental tasks at hand all being done at the same time is ridiculed at every juncture and everyone is booed when mentioning he is not the one that caused this, that it was the past administrations,the banking,the economy,the store closures,the foreclosures,the job losses,the environment,the science bans,the lack of energy changes,the infrastructure,the auto industry,the war,both of them.Its ignorance and alot of republicans and hard core conservatives not able to own up to there damage they inflicted.Denial in the extreme !

As for the "distortions" I sure would like for someone to show some real examples of some of these alleged "distortions"
I'm afraid your long list of facts ,a small list that came from a large list that totaled 4 pages was excellent but a waste of time,everything on the list will be talked around as if the Pulitzer prized site was wrong,it happens every time someone gives concrete proof,on every Obama site,dozens of people have repeatedly given proof,even if it came right from one of the peoples own mouth and we all watched it on TV news without editing,its either its a "this is what I dislike about the left" or its no rebuttal at all until someone new brings up a completely different,touchable subject., I find usually when good proof is given,you can only hear crickets.Its like the whining about Obamas school speech before hand,after it was over,all the sky of falling,loud whiners disappeared,all you could hear was crickets ,no apologies for being such a huge pain in everyones butt,they just became silent,happens all the time.You'll see,your fact list will be ridiculed !

This all said ,I imagine its a cue for todays polls on how Obama looks today .I cannot imagine at this point,why a republican is not in hiding and afraid to tell others the party he belongs too,they have become such an embarrassment.If they were not so extremely damaging to the country it would be laughable ! instead its scary as all heck !
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Obama's latest approval ratings.
Posted: 10/5/2009 1:00:35 PM

Army Gen. Eric K. Shinseki.... Said it would take several Hundred thousand troops...

Rummie/Bush fired him..........
That was their style,the general was an experienced realist who knew what it would take as far as manpower,and Bush/Cheney/Rummsfield was into illusions of what it took to downplay that it was, as serious as it was,to give the illusion that we were winning,the illusion that we had everything under control.Well,Shinseki was counter productive to their illusion they were trying to cram down our throats and successfully did so,I might ad .Remember when Bush said he ,because of protest,told us all he would put together a panel or committee of military experts,experienced professional military men/advisers,and that they would analyze our current state of the war,which they did,and then upon Bush hearing that they were the opposite of his thinking ignored the entire panels advice and stayed the course.All the senior military advisers advised us the end the war that the current direction was not being fruitful.I actually though Bush would do the right thing when he asked for professional counsel,I thought for a moment,he felt what 80% of the country felt,little did I know he only assumed they would agree with him, and they did not,they were the opposite of his position.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 2:06:05 PM
thats your idea of the polls,I see it it as when McCain and Obama campaigned,half liked Obama,half liked McCain,then in the end those against Obama rallied with him because he won,then it didn't play out how they thought and they went back to there original stance, meaning those that originally backed him,still do and think he's doing great,as he actually is,and those originally against him,are again against him,the polls pretty much match as they did during the campaigns,so no change really,although you think otherwise.
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/5/2009 3:40:37 PM
Why do a lot of people blame Obama for the horrible Economy? we were already in a recession when George Bush was still in office, it's going to take years to clean up the mess George Bush made.

I don't listen to people who's biggest concern is who to blame. The fact of the matter is Obama took on the position, or I should say fought to aquire the position, wanted these problems to solve and therefore it is now his job to do what's right for the country, not for his legacy. He made promises that his vision would fix the economy. Now that he can't do it says it can't be done for years. That's BS. It's his job to lead the country regardless of who (as if it was one person) it was that got us here.
The problem in approval arises when citizens realize and correlate that to lead America is not what he said he was going to do, he said he was going to CHANGE the country. I'm sure you remember that little nugget. How's that working out for everyone?
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 5:20:22 PM
Are you kidding me,are you really this unaware as where we were and where we are now,we were one step from total collapse of the banking industry,now they turn profits,we were at the brink of depression now Wall street shows positive signs and most states real estate markets are rising, though in Arizona we are one that ranked in the top ten worse and still are suffering,as is Las Vegas,Miami ,California but one cannot just whine of the few states still suffering,one needs to look at the majority that see rise in profits and good gains in real estate value.

Obama staved off losing the top car companies,losing jobs and income for a hundred thousand vendors,companies, people semi related to the industry,a certain start of a depression as would the failure of banks would have been,infact the bank industry we caused and were totally at fault for almost ruined many other countries,Obamas now has the world helping stave off the next time,no small feat,Obama has infrastructure projects activated in every state in the union,and if they are like our state,we are sitting on the money for months,trying to figure how to spend it,we are stupid enough here to finally have to spend 15 million to experts to tell us how to spend it because we sat on the money for months doing nothing,so if other states are as inept as ours then are you really going to blame the president for inept states,I blame my state not the leader who made the plan.Those are thousands of state jobs stalled while the Governor ,a republican, plays stupid.

Afghanistan is a Bush war,Obama has put in a brilliant General ,and is knee deep in what to do with Bushes war,he has kept you abreast of exactly what he is doing,why aren't you listening,he listens to his advisers unlike the other prez he is working on it,had Bush not turned it into a Vietnam police action with absolutely no direction,then we would not be here having Obama try to untie a giant knot the last idiot made.

Olympics,are you kidding me,we were competing with the entire world and our country lost,are you so hate filled that you will blame one of the many cheerleaders,I suppose you blame Oprah too since she also tried.I not sure if your here for fun and laughs,the list is so long of the dozens of things he is working on and have turned around and in progress of going up rather than devastated as was left by Bush.

As for your list of what he is doing,this is a broken record,it has been given to you repeatedly on all the Obama forums you and I have been on over the last many many months,lists given by me and many others,when proof is given you and a few key others ask for something else,when enough time goes by you re ask for the same thing again, I have typed this for you a few times before,here we go again.I suggest you click print next time.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 9:32:38 PM

For eight years we had fewer troops in Afghanistan than cops in New York City.....

It was horrible for those in Afghanistan,as soon as they took command of two cities,Bush hopped off to Iraq leaving the soldiers,21,000 of them to take command of an entire country,no exit plan,no clear direction,dangerously out numbered,now after all these years Obama must figure out what to do with this past administrations failed attempt of gaining confidence of the afghan people,but a success of multiplying the Taliban by ten times and allowing them to turn themselves into a great army,an actual serious threat and the more we tortured people and the more we bombed non combatants the more boys that joined the Jihad .When Bush took the second city the Taliban only had a handful of weapons,then when we abandoned our soldiers there,left them woefully outnumbered and put our numbers into Iraq,Taliban armed themselves and turned themselves into an actual force to be reckoned with,now these idiots that refuse to include Bush into the conversation have the nerve to complain that Obama isn't getting far undoing Bushes mess Obama inherited,Even if we eventually leave Afghanistan Obama is forced to send troops just to protect the handful of sitting ducks(our men) we have there now.

The complainers remind me of a fifteen year old that complain always but without good reason as if their sure they understand everything yet we know they haven't got a clue.Thats why nine months later these same people expect this magical amazing transformation to have happened,not only is the president supposed to tackle 5-6 major breakdowns at the same time but he's also supposed to have made large strides in these 9 months also,and what ever we do don't bring up why we are in this mess ,its only about what have you done for me lately Obama....... sounds like a 15 year old to me !Most past presidents would have had a tough road with any One of the problems Obama is working on.We hand over a destroyed country to Obama,then gripe he is too slow at fixing everything,whats his problem,good lord he's had nine months,yep sounds like a 15 year old hoping to get that coveted drivers permit !
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 9:54:52 PM
I have to laugh at your narrow views,The Olympic committee is not the world and it was told after the fact that the committee not the world favored Rio,its rumored that they were picking Rio irregardless.The whole notion that you can judge Obama by him trying to sell America is beyond petty and shows your grabbing at straws,
You do realize that the Banks and what not were saved by TARP not by anything to do with Obamas Stimulus plan right?
you could not be more wrong,Bush screwed up the whole saving the banks,he refused to set rules and so the banks awarded themselves huge rewards and refused to show accounting and held onto the money,refused to loan it and even aquired failing banks with it,money totally down the toilet,it was not until Obama redid it with rules and after public embarrassment to them , Obama even had them giving back the rewards,

Doesn't do much go if you put a brilliant General in charge and then don't follow his advice
What is he not listening too,the General is still accessing the situation and hasn't even proposed all he needs,he just did a long interview a few days ago and explained that he is accessing the situation and so far recommends more troops and Obama said great and when your done with all your findings we will implement a plan,do you actually watch the news ! Do you expect Obama to send tens of thousands of troops before the General has finished his report,got a entrance and an exit and a direction with clear goals,Obama already sent 17,000 more troops as soon as he got the first report but don't expect him to do a Bush and send the masses without a plan and a exit,he's not a Bush even though it sounds like you want us to leap before you know what you leaping for,sounds like Bush,close your eyes and go for it.
 jed456
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 5:20:39 AM
What is he not listening too,the General is still accessing the situation and hasn't even proposed all he needs,he just did a long interview a few days ago and explained that he is accessing the situation and so far recommends more troops and Obama said great and when your done with all your findings we will implement a plan,do you actually watch the news ! Do you expect Obama to send tens of thousands of troops before the General has finished his report,got a entrance and an exit and a direction with clear goals,Obama already sent 17,000 more troops as soon as he got the first report but don't expect him to do a Bush and send the masses without a plan and a exit,he's not a Bush even though it sounds like you want us to leap before you know what you leaping for,sounds like Bush,close your eyes and go for it.

Well stated.

I remember "mission accomplished"
 laxref41
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/6/2009 5:23:58 AM
"Polls are not based on the economy, they are based on how well people think the president is doing his job."

People vote their pocketbook... it's wrong to do so but, they do... the president and the federal government should really stay out of business... it has its cycles, its ups and downs, and they should stay out of it. I don't see anywhere in my Constitution where the federal government is given the right to bail out business... and it really shouldn't... bail outs only preserve the status quo which obviously failed.
That said, we still need a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution... we can no longer afford the overspending that has so characterized our government, particularly over the last 28 years.
 laxref41
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/6/2009 5:33:24 AM
"Doesn't do much go if you put a brilliant General in charge and then don't follow his advice "

Has anyone considered that we didn't commit to Afghanistan as much as we committed to Iraq because we determined that we couldn't easily win in Afghanistan... particularly once we missed getting Bin Laden in Tora Bora?

Recent documentaries show that the U.S. had sufficient information to know that the WMDs in Iraq had, in fact, been destroyed... the only thing they illegally kept were the plans to make them again. So we went into Iraq illegally but it was a good, known enemy and after 9/11 we were ready to support anything militarily to defend us.
 EarlzP
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 6:17:46 PM
No suprise here

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091007/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_ap_poll

An Associated Press-GfK poll says 56 percent of those surveyed in the past week approve of Obama's job performance, up from 50 percent in September. It's the first time since he took office in January that his rating has gone up.

People also feel better about his handling of the economy and his proposed health care overhaul.
 EarlzP
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 7:04:57 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091007/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_ap_poll

An Associated Press-GfK poll says 56 percent of those surveyed in the past week approve of Obama's job performance, up from 50 percent in September. It's the first time since he took office in January that his rating has gone up.

People also feel better about his handling of the economy and his proposed health care overhaul.

56% WOW that must really be upsetting for those who want President Obama to fail, polls are funny things but imagine how the republican hyperbole machine must be panicking right about now, after all of their lying and distortions this President is still above 50% in ratings and look out he is rising
 EarlzP
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 7:41:52 PM
Poll on President Obama Job Approval from Real Clear Politics

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

President Obama Job Approval
Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 9/17 - 10/5 -- 51.6 41.6 +10.0
Gallup 10/3 - 10/5 1547 A 50 43 +7
Rasmussen Reports 10/3 - 10/5 1500 LV 51 49 +2
FOX News 9/29 - 9/30 900 RV 50 42 +8
CBS News/NY Times 9/19 - 9/23 1042 A 56 33 +23
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 9/17 - 9/20 1005 A 51 41 +10

Imagine the impact in 2010 if President Obama's job approval ratings keep going up, look at those numbers +10, +7, +2, +8 {FROM FOX?} +23, +10
 EarlzP
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 9:10:30 PM
This numbers are so much bull the only important poll was taken in November when the people voted for President Barack Obama and the next important poll will be held in 2010 when the people will once again send a message to the republicans an unhappy message, not only could they not keep our country solvent while in office but they have continued to try to maintain the status quo even after they lost
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2009 9:21:16 PM
So essentially then the spread is about the same as during the campaign,half liked McCain and half liked Obama.You read to much into this stuff,your certain the poll probably represents the health care huh,well anyones guess.I say it means alot of different things,it means half don't like democrats,some don't like a black person running the country,some are worried about health reform,some are angered because Obama won't leap blindly into Afghanistan just because they don't have a little thing like and exit,a clear course,or a finished plan,but hey the republicans today said send those young men,well I'm fine with the 17,000 Obama sent until a course of action is agreed on.

Polls have lots of meanings,take your pick as why the numbers,you with ESP seem to know,I know there are a couple types of people those that just charge in and worry later and those that have a plan,I can tell you this,ten years from now it will not matter at all if Obama activates the troops in Nov. or Jan.,and I can be sure of one thing,if he sends in the troops without a plan and men die and the course activated failed,you all are going the say,he should have known,he should have thought it out,he should of had a clear plan,what was he thinking.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 8:09:11 AM
From day one I have said the polls now read just like the election,no change at all,those that hated Obama then ,still do,Obama in the election last October/November as shown in 16 major polling places rate from 50% to 55% over McCain,so now, how are you all reading these big meanings into the current polls ,he's still is at an argued 51% to 56% in favor,try to remember half liked the Republican McCain ways and half liked Obamas ways.

General Election: McCain vs. Obama

Polling Data

Final Results --Obama (D) 52.9% McCain (R) 45.6% Obama +7.3 Spread

RCP Average 10/29 - 11/03 -- -- 52.1% 44.5% Obama +7.6
Marist 11/03 - 11/03 804 LV 4.0 52% 43% Obama +9
Battleground (Lake)* 11/02 - 11/03 52% 47% Obama +5
Battleground (Tarrance)* 11/02 - 11/03 50% 48% Obama +2
Rasmussen Reports 11/01 - 11/03 52% 46% Obama +6
Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby 11/01 - 11/03 54% 43% Obama +11
IBD/TIPP 11/01 - 11/03 981 LV 3.2 52% 44% Obama +8
FOX News 11/01 - 11/02 971 LV 3.0 50% 43% Obama +7
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 11/01 - 11/02 51% 43% Obama +8
Gallup 10/31 - 11/02 2472 LV 2.0 55% 44% Obama +11
Diageo/Hotline 10/31 - 11/02 50% 45% Obama +5
CBS News 10/31 - 11/02 714 LV -- 51% 42% Obama +9
ABC News/Wash Post 10/30 - 11/02 53% 44% Obama +9
Ipsos/McClatchy 10/30 - 11/02 53% 46% Obama +7
CNN/Opinion Research 10/30 - 11/01 53% 46% Obama +7
Pew Research 10/29 - 11/01 52% 46% Obama +6
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 8:27:08 AM
Oops Off one percent in my above comment,Obama in 10-30 t0 11-3-2008, end of election polls was 50% to 55% in favor and today, 10 months later he is 50% to 56% in favor.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 3:07:52 PM
You say he's at 51% to 52% So essentially there isn't a single change in his ratings since the final polls of the election,so in other words he's exactly as loved (or hated)now as he was 10 months ago !So where is all your talk coming from,why don't you update us when his numbers are not in the 50% to 56% range as now and as then,10 months ago,tell us when something different happens !

I used 16 different polling places which keeps it fair,to show everyones polls since all sides are so eager to knock down the other guys polling place, that way no one can say I only picked one place that has the numbers I want to see !Besides that took no deep research on my part, all 16 were there for me ,lol.

Essentially the mans got to get into the 60s or 70s or down to the 40s or 30s to be something different,do you really think it matters if he goes from 52.2 to 51.5,will you let us know if he hits 51.6 in the couple hours?

I didn't even take any real notice of Bush numbers until he dove to 80% against him,that meant something, and that was note worthy.That kind of number showed most everyone was upset with him,but Obama numbers now as they were at election finals,that means nothing,just that he's staying steady,nothing has really shocked anyone at all,he still has his same fans and still has his same enemies.
 EarlzP
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 3:10:43 PM

Well it looks like Obama isnt staying in the 52-53% much anymore --- its looking more like 51-52%
At real clear Obama is now 51.5% a drop of over his Monday night high of 52.2%

Thank you for supplying a source, I took a look.... let's see, it appears you missed some thing I am sure it was not intentional, none of the polls add up to 100% so they are just a little misleading for instance the RCP poll shows that 51.5% approve of the job he is doing and 41.5% disapprove that means that 10% more of those polled approve of the job he is doing. Out of the 6 polls used in the average "only one shows a negative number of -3%" while "every other poll shows a positive rating ranging from positive 8% to positive 17%"

Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 9/29 - 10/7 -- 51.5 41.5 +10.0
Pew Research 9/30 - 10/4 1500 A 52 36 +16
Gallup 10/5 - 10/7 1547 A 53 40 +13
Rasmussen Reports 10/5 - 10/7 1500 LV 48 51 -3
Associated Press/GfK 10/1 - 10/5 1003 A 56 39 +17
Quinnipiac 9/29 - 10/5 2630 RV 50 41 +9
FOX News 9/29 - 9/30 900 RV 50 42 +8

I think polls are like the weather except that distortions, half truths and just plain old fashioned lies can't be factored in or out of the polls

IMO the only polls that really count are the one's that the American people vote in, saying that it looks like President Obama won the big poll in November 08 and the next big poll will be in 2010, if the spread is any indication of how the American voter will vote in 2010 it looks as if the repubublican representation in the senate may shrink
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2009 3:32:27 PM

IMO the only polls that really count are the one's that the American people vote in, saying that it looks like President Obama won the big poll in November 08 and the next big poll will be in 2010
I completely agree,as I said I really took no notice of Bushes polls till he hit 80% against him,just because a number like that extraordinary.
 hard starboard
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2009 12:33:50 PM
I found this poll.
http://reportcard.cnn.com/
Curiously, the majority of participants gave Obama an 'F' more that any other grade.
His second 100 day grades also seem to be slipping over those of the first 100 days of his administration.
 EarlzP
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2009 6:42:27 PM

This was one of the most interesting polls I found since CNN is usually on Obama's side, yet to get so many F's. Ouch that has to hurt.

What was more painful for you President Obama receiving the Nobel Prize or The F in the CNN poll reporting, Get some good pain meds it's going to get very painful after the 2010 senate elections when the republican party of NO lose more of the senate seats they once held
 EarlzP
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2009 4:10:55 AM

Obama's Administration's Handling of the economy was a C-
Obama's Administration's Handling of Health Care Reform was a D
Obama's Administration's Handling of Foriegn Affairs was a C
President Barrack Obama's Grade was a C-
http://reportcard.cnn.com/
Not too good for a Nobel Peace Prize winner....Oh well

The republican leadership rating D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D D AND HERE COMES 2010 Senate elections again it's not looking good for the good old Party of NO,

You see relativity counts on election day, the republican party looks like it had it's day, it makes me sad it makes me blue to think of how that saddens you.
 EarlzP
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2009 1:43:49 PM

This is so very true. As the unemployment rate continues to go up and not down, more and more people are going to become discouraged with Obama.
Also as the Obama and his elected officials keep pushing more and more costly bills down our throats that we dont want his approval ratings will not improve.

I totally understand why the republicans ran Senator McCain for president and then thought my goodness he is running even we have to do some thing so they ran Sarah Palin to make sure they could not win, they could see that it would be next to impossible to undo the economic damage that their party had resided over for 20 plus of the last 28.9 years and you really expect that any one could turn this mess around in 9 months

Where do you thing the jobs are going to come from? Let me guess you think we should cut corporate taxes again? The republican party has no solutions for any thing, they did not want to win in 08 and they will continue to lose more senate seats in 2010.

Look at it this way your party will be so good at twisting and distorting by 2016 that ythey won't be able to remember the last distortion they told
 laxref41
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/14/2009 6:43:28 AM
"eventually people are going to hold him accountable for the Economy"

No we're not going to hold him solely accountable for the economy... we are going to remind everyone of the party who put us in this mess... 28 years worth of tax cuts without sufficient revenue return that produced massive overspending. FDR was able to create a deficit to get us out of the first depression but, due to republican's zealous overspending, that option is no longer available. The problem now is so massive that the solution will require a much longer and probably more painful period of time. It requires a complete overhaul of our federal spending... away from the military and toward future technologies (e.g. solar and geothermal power which is clean, will lower our costs, create incredible amounts of jobs, and make us energy independent). And since we can no longer afford to spend more on defense than the rest of the world combined, we need a very different approach to foreign policy to better assure our safety.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama's latest approval ratings.