Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama's latest approval ratings.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flyguy51
Msg: 76
Obama's latest approval ratings.Page 4 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I found this poll.
http://reportcard.cnn.com/
Curiously, the majority of participants gave Obama an 'F' more that any other grade.
His second 100 day grades also seem to be slipping over those of the first 100 days of his administration.

After actually looking at this particular poll, it is clear that your analysis is poorly worded. The plurality of participants gave Obama an F. A majority means more than 50%, by the way.

Thanks to the tone set by pundits such as Hannity and Beck, it is easy to see that many in the US reject Obama outright, no matter what he does or doesn't do; no thought required. The rest of the poll takers are more thoughtful and nuanced in their grading. The funny thing is that the facebook polls linked on the page resemble an inverse bell curve-- pretty much a love him/hate him dichotomy-- not much thought involved in those polls, I would surmise...

This is all a tradition based on premature judgment, though. Grades and approval ratings don't really amount to much until the conclusion of a presidency, see. Remember Bush I's Kennedy-like ratings? We all know how that concluded. And Clinton's first year was downright embarrassing.

Edit:
"As the unemployment rate continues to go up and not down, more and more people are going to become discouraged with Obama."

And what do you think these polls will show when the unemployment rate eventually starts to drop? There's plenty of time for that trend to start before Obama is up for reelection.
 flyguy51
Msg: 77
Obama's latest approval ratings.
Posted: 10/14/2009 7:30:10 PM
Oh, dear. I'm afraid you really missed the points I was making. Firstly, I was discussing the poll cited. It does not reflect a massive kneejerk "I'll give Obama an A just because he's the first black prez" as you suggest. It DOES suggest a kneejerk "I hate Obama so I'll give him an F" as I pointed out. Secondly, I was not saying that pundits are causing opposition to Obama. I worded that as carefully as possible, but I still predicted some would misread it. I said that it is easy to see the anti-Obama sentiment because of the readily accepted tone from those pundits, as well as their hosting of the teabagger events.

We will have to agree to disagree on the amount of thought given behind awarding Obama an F.

Btw, welcome back, insolent1.

<div class='quote'>so who knows what the polls will say.....
Bingo. That we can agree on.
 sd_matt
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/14/2009 10:51:13 PM
Very likely that '10 is not going to be a pretty year. The "hope" high turns to hangover and people start to ask questions, well hopefully. And if they do then they find out that a lot of crony banks off loaded their bad debt to the taxpayer. Courtesy of G.W. and Barry. Eeeeewwwwww booooooy. The boys in D.C. are gonna have to come up with some pretty good financial junkie fixes to placate the voters past the first few months of 2010. But Barry DOES have the mainstream media on his side.

2010 will not change much for Congress if at all. But the next election might be a different story. Obama will be a one termer.
 msquared
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2009 11:15:40 PM

they did not want to win in 08

That's my theory as well. They did not want to be the party in charge when the reprecussions from the actions of the Bush adminstration finally hit home. If it doesn't happen in the next three years, Obama will get a second term.
 sd_matt
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/15/2009 7:43:58 PM
Personal opinion. The Dems are farther Left than the Reps are right. One example; The Dems associate with people like Moore. The Reps don't associate with Michael Savage.

Both are equally corrupt.
 sd_matt
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/15/2009 7:47:18 PM
I would buy that theory about the Repubs deliberately losing except that that would require long-term planning. I'm not convinced that either party thinks past the next four minutes, let alone the next four years.
 laxref41
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/15/2009 8:02:46 PM
"The Dems are farther Left than the Reps are right. "

Correction... the Christian conservative right has gone so far right over the last 40 years that John Kerry's current political positions were once those of Barry Goldwater when he was nicknamed Mr. Conservative of the Republican party. This is easily researched.
Goldwater was the first to claim the republican party has since been hijacked by religious zealots seeking to make the United States a theocracy... that "it is no longer recognizable as the republican party"... in retrospect, Goldwater was absolutely correct.
With regard to Nixon... Goldwater stated "he is the most corrupt, dishonest man i've ever met in my life." Nixon's protege... George Bush I.
 sd_matt
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/16/2009 10:34:24 PM
Every person over the age of 60 I ask says that both parties have moved over to the left compared to forty years ago. It's a consensus.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2009 2:30:53 PM

Obama's approval at 51.6%, which is an average of Gallup 51%, Rasmussen 49%, Fox News 49%, Marist 53 % and CBS News 56 %
so almost the same as the range of 50% to 55% (the spread of 16 major polling sites)at the end of the election 11/30 to 12/1- 2008.So your pointing out hes just as disliked or appreciated as then,no change,well good, he's steady as can be,excellent news,thank you !
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2009 3:01:55 PM
Well thats your view,I say he stayed even in the 50 to 55 range,alot of the country got this fever that all could be accomplished in a few months,then they became bitter about 4 months in then they were very angered 8 months in,and most of them went back to where they came from in their opinions at the time of election,so basically when all the countries problems were not fixed,the people that don't have a clue whats ahead,got disappointed and left the bandwagon,leaving just the 50 to 55% he had from the beginning.

A few here will say I'm wrong but 2 months into his term vast amounts of people were already whining where are all these jobs he promised and whining about why are our homes still being foreclosed and why hasn't the real estate values turned around,all in the first couple months,thats who your talking about leaving,not the learned ones in the ones of those that always supported him,the ones that understand this all is a process.

I expected this to happen,this isn't the first time in several decades we have had major problems and not the first time I saw masses of population expect the problem to go away in a month,then turn like an angry mob when it did not go as their time schedule said it should,no mystery at all,and as I said,polls show hes steady and at the same levels as when elected,as when we were very excited about him,when he was elected ,and at 50 to 55% when were who voted for him were ecstatic,we still are,you never were and still are not,nor will you be !
 msquared
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 8:03:15 PM

The decline in Barack Obama's popularity since July has been the steepest of any president at the same stage of his first term for more than 50 years.

Based on your posting history, your claims aren't credible unless you provide proof.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 8:26:37 PM

The decline in Barack Obama's popularity since July has been the steepest of any president at the same stage of his first term for more than 50 years.
Hogwash Obama according to Gallup polls was 58% in July.They state thats average,they list several presidents as to where they rated in July of there first year and state that historically has little to do with the next 3 1/2 years http://www.gallup.com/poll/121553/Obama-Job-Approval-Drifts-Down-58-So-Far-July.aspx

Some people think they can just throw any bit of negative info out there and we are all too inept to know its wrong or think we won't verify the statement.All it shows is at election end Obama according to 16 polls averaged 50 to 56% ,then in July the one poll says he is 58% and right now his spread is 50 to 55%,Now you tell me how this is the steepest decline in 50 years,guess when you said it you thought it sounded profound !
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 8:41:48 PM
I realize you read Toby Harnden a UK writer based in Washington and I believe him be be a good writer,and your phrase was the title of his newsbreak but if you look up my link on my last post the Gallup poll shows many of the presidents ratings and disagree with Toby Harnden numbers.That why when you look at the top 16 polls you can get a whopping spread like 50 to 56%,thats pretty far off,plus these places poll 300-400 people some 3500 people,what is that like 1 millionth of one percent of our population.
 stnick1967
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/23/2009 7:08:13 AM
Dangit Killene!!

Quit citing facts.

Those polls don't mean anything......unless they're in the left's favor!!

Cheers!
 EarlzP
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 9:32:30 AM

Dangit Killene!!

Quit citing facts.

Those polls don't mean anything......unless they're in the left's favor!!

Cheers!

Here is a poll for you Nov 08 the nation elected then Senator Obama to be the next President of the United States, another poll will be taken on Nov 2010 the people will again go to the polls and this time to tell the republicans who voted against confirming Sotomayer as a justice and the 30 republicans who voted against the Franklin Rape Amendment how they feel. Those two polls have voters that can't be bought
 EarlzP
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:07:31 AM

Thats not quite true. For instance the President has proposed an idea of giving the over 50 million Soc. Sec. recipients 250 dollars each to make up for not getting a cost of living increase this year. I think someone is trying to buy votes, but hey thats just my opinion

If the republicans don't like it they should vote against it like they did against Sotomayer's confirmation or Franklin's Rape Amendment or maybe they should have introduced the bill, but the fact is it makes little to know no difference whether they lose by a small majority or a land slide.
 stnick1967
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:25:06 AM

Here is a poll for you Nov 08 the nation elected then Senator Obama to be the next President of the United States, another poll will be taken on Nov 2010 the people will again go to the polls and this time to tell the republicans who voted against confirming Sotomayer as a justice and the 30 republicans who voted against the Franklin Rape Amendment how they feel. Those two polls have voters that can't be bought

Hey palsy-

The election was a year ago. Get over it. We get it. Obama is the President of the United States. Some people that do not agree with him don't hate him. I think >>shock<< he is a politician.

.....and the 2010 "poll" is a comin'.......
 BikerBiker53
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:26:19 AM

Barack Obama sees worst poll rating drop in 50 years

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/6409721/Barack-Obama-sees-worst-poll-rating-drop-in-50-years.html

http://digg.com/world_news/Barack_Obama_sees_worst_poll_rating_drop_in_50_years

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1c7_1256269297&c=1

http://www.prisonplanet.com/barack-obama-sees-worst-poll-rating-drop-in-50-years.html

http://alt.nntp2http.com/impeach/bush/2009/10/3fcffced3690d114e2d1ef6a389c76e2.html

http://groups.google.to/group/rec.crafts.metalworking/browse_thread/thread/2cdec56d3b61667f/239a7d3b4ef82b17?show_docid=239a7d3b4ef82b17

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2368933/posts

Where "CNN",..wheres "FOX",..wheres "MSNBC" ???

Is this news worthy,..or has all of Main Stream Media just refusing to cover the story of how their elected Offical has fell from grace ?

have Americans realized they put too many Eggs, in one Basket ???,..Or just the "WRONG BASKET" ?

633817.1. from so called "hero" to zero in 10 months flat

http://www.mlive.com/forums/newstalk/index.ssf?artid=5226804

leftist agenda is NOT what America wants....koolaid supplies running low. Maybe Obama will now start ruling with an iron fist like Mao...just kill off the dissidents? I wouldn't put anything past him

Yes,...I myself wonder what Obama will do NEXT, to try and pull himself out of this slump.

Or, should I say,.."What will Obama's handlers, will come up with, to restore Obama's confidence ratings in America?"

I see he has already been asked to "Look Into College Basketball",,......LOL

I see he has already been asked to,...

"Bail Out",..." Mom & Pop's",...and "Small Business"

I wonder if he will say a few words at the Passing of our beloved "SOUPY SALES",...

(another Clown, but at least an Honest one)
 EarlzP
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:59:56 AM

Hey palsy-

You and I are not palsyes

The election was a year ago. Get over it.

I am still celebrating and will be nov 2010 when the republicans pay the bill for the condition of our economy, their united stand against Sotomayer'confirmation, their vote against the Franklin amendment

We get it. Obama is the President of the United States. Some people that do not agree with him don't hate him. I think >>shock<< he is a politician.

Hatred is a dehablitating disease, those who hate empower the ones they hate

.....and the 2010 "poll" is a comin'.......

Bring out the crying towels
 sd_matt
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/27/2009 3:22:57 PM
If I were politically calculating, oh wait, I am. OK OK but wait....

If I were a Repub I would start shouting loud against the fiscal irresponsibility. Not whispering the warnings like GW did during his eight years. It would position myself as the good guy and as someone who looks to the future.

Oh wait. Did I say the word "future" ?

Never mind.
 EarlzP
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 3:54:54 PM

2010 will be an interesting year, especially for the elected officials that do not listen to the people who vote them into office. (Yes there are a few republicans in trouble. However, most republicans are at least trying to look like they are listening.

For any president, this big of a drop in just 8-9 months time shows that many have already become disappointed with Obama, including those who voted for him.

The polls look terrible for the republicans come 2010 maybe they should take some of the lobbyist's payoff money and take a vacation a long vacation

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/

President Obama Job Approval
Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 10/13 - 10/26 -- 51.8 44.3 +7.5
Gallup 10/24 - 10/26 1547 A 51 41 +10
Rasmussen 10/24 - 10/26 1500 LV 49 51 - 2
CNN/Opin 10/16 - 10/18 1038 A 55 43 +12
USA Today/Gallup 10/16 - 10/19 1521 A 50 46 +4
ABC News/Wash Post 10/15 - 10/18 1004 A 57 40 +17
FOX News 10/13 - 10/14 900 RV 49 45 +4

Do you see the + "pluses" in front of the spreasd numbers could you tell me what that means? I could be wrong but I think it is a positive indication of what people think about the Job our President is doing, 2010 is coming just around the bend, looks like a tearful good bye for the senate republicans
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 4:57:49 PM
51.7 exactly the same range as when he was elected and also then in April.Yes just briefly he had elevated numbers but all other times,absolutely the same.as for the biggest drop in 50 years all other stories disagreed only that one writer wrote that,others proved it as inaccurate,an over blown statement,had he not used April as his marker date then the story would have held more true,but that was not the case,others showed numbers for most modern presidents first years and stated the numbers were average,and further indicated first year numbers mean nothing as to how the term will go.Proof has already been shown on this thread.a couple times at least.
 EarlzP
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 5:02:24 PM

polls average at real clear (RCP) are 51.7% for Obama and 44 % against

Correct that means that 7.7 % more of those polled thought he was doing a good job
The RCP is an average of
NBC 51% for and 42% against
Gallup 51% for and 41% against
Rasmussen Reports 49% for and 51% against
CNN/Opinion Research 55% for and 43% against
USA Today/Gallup 50% for and 46% against
ABC News/Wash Post 57% for and 40% against
FOX News 49% for and 45% against

The Spread such as +17 in the ABC poll number is the difference between the two numbers.

so + 17% think that he is doing a good job

No they are not negative numbers yet, but overall average says that a bit less than 2% more than 1/2 the nation seems to support/ approve the president just 9 months after he took office.

As seen in the numbers we both looked at every poll except one showed President Obama has a favorable job approval ranking, you can "yet" it took the cows come home and think what you want to but the polls you rely on show this President is still receiving high grades for his job performance

As said before Obama suffered the biggest drop in beginning polls of any president in 50 years

It has been around 80 years since any president has had to face the economic perils that President Obama faces and still the people think he is doing a good job

The 9-point drop in the most recent quarter is the largest Gallup has ever measured for an elected president between the second and third quarters of his term, dating back to 1953.

And so the polls go up and down but as of yet President Obama has remained on the plus side of every monthly performance poll

One president who was not elected to his first term - Harry Truman - had a 13-point drop between his second and third quarters in office in 1945 and 1946. http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=109383┬žionid=3510203

I fail to see the connection, the poll that counts is the one that took place on Nov 08 when the people elected President Obama as the next President of the United States

The next one that counts will be held nov 2010 when once again the people will go to the voting booths and remove the republican senators that voted against Soto Mayer, against the rape amendment and against the best interests of the people
 laxref41
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/27/2009 5:41:14 PM
"Seems it just might look bad for Obama if he can't keep Democratic governors in the states that he won over during his election."

Let's not start extrapolating New Jersey onto Obama... whether democrat or republican... support for Obama remains very strong... Corzine on the other hand has had his issues... and what's his obese ass republican is making campaign promises that he can't possibly keep if anyone knows the political and business climate in New Jersey...
Personally, i think Corzine should take a full length close up of him for a TV commercial and he wouldn't have to say anything other than... "Is this who and what you want representing you as governor? or "what if he doesn't make it through his term, who'd be the governor?"
I can tell you now... I wouldn't hire the guy for a job never mind vote for him to represent me...
 EarlzP
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 7:18:57 PM

By 2010 with all the promises Obama has already broken, the Democratic candidates up for re-election, or election statewise and federally just might be better off if Obama keeps his nose out of their campaigns.

Theres nothing wrong with dreaming, just don't set yourself up for a terrible disappointment. BTW what promises are you referencing?
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama's latest approval ratings.