Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama's latest approval ratings.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Obama's latest approval ratings.Page 5 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

This is the favorability poll

Reading is fundamental!

Umm, his "favorability rating" when he was elected was almost 80. So, a 25 point drop in 10 months is a good trend in your opinion?

*rolls eyes*

Reading may be "fundamental"...but objectivity is bliss.

~ds~
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Obama's latest approval ratings.
Posted: 10/28/2009 6:35:59 AM

Umm, his "favorability rating" when he was elected was almost 80. So, a 25 point drop in 10 months is a good trend in your opinion?

*rolls eyes*
Polls all have different meaning,this one is constantly misquoted and used as their proof, and the one all the haters keep bringing up is the poll about "How do you think the president his handling of the transition".The poll asked specifically that question ! Also that famous ,oh so often recanted poll ,consisted of 1,096 adult Americans interviewed by telephone.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- -- With six weeks before taking office, President-elect Barack Obama is having one heck of a honeymoon, a new national poll suggests.Nearly eight in 10 Americans questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey out Tuesday morning are giving the president-elect the thumbs up when it comes to his handling of the transition. Seventy-nine percent approve of Obama's performance so far during transition, with 18 percent disapproving.

Obama's approval rating is 14 points higher than the approval rating for President-elect George Bush in 2001 and 17 points higher than President-elect Clinton's rating in 1992, CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said.

Obama's current approval rating is also more than 50 points higher than President Bush's current approval rating, which now stands at 28 percent --- with 71 percent disapproving of the way Bush is handling his job as president.

"An Obama job approval rating of 79 percent -- that's the sort of rating you see when the public rallies around a leader after a national disaster," said Bill Schneider, CNN's senior political analyst. "To many Americans, the Bush administration was a national disaster."
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 7:15:58 AM
A poll consisting of 1097 people is 297,000 th of 1% of the population of the U.S.,that's like going in to a city of 297,000 people and asking one person their opinion.Although polls claim themselves accurate within a plus or minus 3,I highly doubt that.When you polled that one person in a city that large do you really think you got the true feelings of that city.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 7:47:03 AM

As stated in message 206 Obama's decline in the polls has been the steepest of any president in 50 years.
you repeatedly ignore the posts that disprove your words,didn't I just show that the poll that caused the greastest drop in fifty years was how would you rate Obamas transition into the presidency.That story was written by one writer all the other stories made no such claim,the writer only arrived at it by using different polls of apples and oranges.It got you and millions to read his story and research him,it worked for him,he was successful at being misleading,but you need to be smarter and stop taking these stories at face value.Transition have nothing to do with how do you rate the performance of Obama.You can't keep quoting that number,its not true,you try to mislead so many by using anything at all thats speaks against the president.Show me a poll thats polling about 100,000,000 people and you'll have a good look at how things are.Stick with facts,stop misleading everyone !
 EarlzP
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 7:55:46 AM

As stated in message 206 Obama's decline in the polls has been the steepest of any president in 50 years.
Before comparing Obama's ratings to any president's ending term ratings, one might want to see how Obama ends up his term.

It's rumored that his job performance ratings although still great could even be much higher if he wasn't being attacked every day by a certain questionable news station and by some republicans who have the interests of the specials interests in mind when they look at their bank accounts, now you have to take into account his strong desire to reach out to those on both sides of the ailse to obtain bipartisan support for the bills and amendments he wants to see enacted, it's hard to understand his thought process especially after following President Bush who was more of a shoot from the hip type of President, you know like in Iraq where he was firing before he knew why.

Bottom line we have a President who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize not for what he accomplished per se even though his attititude and demeanor preceed him throughout the world, his intent is clear and brings hope to millions maybe billions of people throughout the world that their is a ray of hope, a light at the end of the tunnel for a peaceful if not cooperative future for each and every human being.

So his job performance even though it is clearly high could be better if people were able to see the end achievements before the end of his second term in office
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 8:07:08 AM
clarifying my words,poll "disclaiming" the greatest drop in 50 years is CNN,the poll was about hows his transition into the presidency going,and that poll was before he stepped into office,he had only been elected at that point,Bush was still occupying the white house.Your story of the greatest drop in 50 years comparing apples to oranges is Toby Harnden a UK writer based in Washington.
 EarlzP
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 9:07:52 AM

Hmmmm does that mean that if we had not attacked Bush on his poor job performance on a daily basis his ratings could have been higher and he would have done a better job.

You are using the word "we" as in if we had not attacked, that's assuming what? that you and I attacked GWB on a daily basis? "you" may have but "I" did not, but now that he is out of office it's possible to see what his job performance created and I think it is pretty horrifying, some of us are left dealing with an economy that is basically shot, some of us have family members and freinds that have suffered tremendous physical and mental damage from a war that was entered into for other then stated reasons that seemed to change faster then the wind

Just as GW deserved the negative attention and low poll numbers so does Obama.

It is almost liable to mention ex President GWB and President Obama in the same breath and again you are bordering on distortion the polls you presented show a large margin of the population still approve of the job that President Bush is doing all those pluses "+" show that.

If Obama would keep some of his promises, get himself out of campaign mode, quit lying to the public and listen to the voters more, than just maybe people would stop attacking him like we attacked Bush on all his fallacies.

Again the "we" word, I would guess that you and some who may think like you would love to see the President walk into the oval office and close himself in until 2012. But that is not his style he is a President who continually reaches out to the public for support and opposing opinions, I understand it's hard to go from President Bush's type of leadership to President Obama's but you have another 7 years so maybe you will feel differently

The polls tell what the people feel about Obama and the job he is Not doing.
Right now Obama is not popular with the people due to his poor job performance and not doing what he said he would, along with the spending of way too much money.

Again as much as it bothers me to point it out you are either bordering on distortion or do not recognize the meaning of pluses "+" , look at the pluses "+" when they turn to minuses "-" then his job performance will be negative as long as those pluses "+" are present and let me say they are strong pluses "+" with one poll favoring his job performance by plus "+" 17 his job performance is positive in the minds of the majority of those polled
 EarlzP
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 9:53:08 AM

Hey just maybe Obama will do something that might make us a bit more proud of him and his poll numbers will go up a bit. However, the fact is that Obama is having trouble staying in the 51 to 53 percent approval rating area.

Now you are using the word "us" to indicate whether you feel proud of the job "President" Obama is doing, "I" think he is doing a great job even considering the difficulties left to him by the last adminstration, not only am I proud of his job performance I am glad that the people elected "President" Obama to see our country through this difficult time

Now if you look at the RCP Job Approval Poll below you will see a plus "+" in front of the 7.5 as long as it stays a plus "+" that means that more americans think he is doing a good job then those who think he is not doing a good jod

President Obama Job Approval
RCP Average
Approve51.6Disapprove44.1Spread +7.5 {do you see the plus}
 EarlzP
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 12:10:36 PM

Thats why since Reid's proposal some Democrats are jumping the fence into the Republican yard.

Are you sure because those pluses "+" I see were from todays polls so it appears that the majority of people approve of President Obama's leadership, BTW how did this thread topic include Health Care Reform

Now if you look at the RCP Job Approval Poll below you will see a plus "+" in front of the 7.5 as long as it stays a plus "+" that means that more americans think he is doing a good job then those who think he is not doing a good jod

RCP Average
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 1:05:05 PM
Every week he proves that he was the correct choice.As I showed clear proof on the 79% approval rating was before Bush left the white house and it is a poll on how do you think Obama is handling the transition.I come home from work and see 2 pages of bull walking around that fact like it wasn't shown.Everything mentioned but it.I already explained thats where the rating numbers came from 79% was a fluff poll and these other polls are for rating his performance.The 79% was 6 weeks after he had won while hew was awaiting Bush to leave the white house,I am not sure why you are being so dense.As for his performance polls they have stayed at 50 to 56% from the start,no wavering at all,steady,and he still has all the whiny haters,thats the same too.

As for the Public Option ,thats the best thing that could possibly happen,and I cannot believe the level of stupidity the republicans have towards it.They have been whining and spreading lies on how it will crush us since day one.The only Dems that are against are everyone of them that is in a largely republican state and their worry is about reelection not the health reform.Look it up as to who opposes it,you'll see !

As for the transition poll,most new presidents were at Club Med till they took office,Obama was hard at work,transition means how is this working out with his family,have you picked the white house room colors,have you picked which china,have you picked your people ,are you ready to move,hows your mood,and 79% said he was handling the transition fine.He had not even took office yet.

DO NOT COMPARE A FLUFF POLL ON TRANSITION TO A PERFORMANCE POLL.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 1:48:58 PM
The Gallup poll she uses had 45,987 people polls by telephone,Are you aware we have 307,000,000 in the USA,that means for every 6670 people,one person was asked there opinion.

A few other polls we had had debates from in the past had like 350 people,with a population in this country of 307,000,000,that means for every 877,140 people ,one person was asked their opinion.

The poll that asked about Obama handling his transition before he entered the white house ,had 1097 people polled ,with a population in this country of 307,000,000,that means for every 279,850 people ,one person was asked their opinion.

And some how people are trying to say these polls have significant meaning........Bull !

Your kidding yourselves,its for ratings,its to draw you in to read the story,its to sway your thoughts,its because they know you'll read there poll and come back next time,great numbers are what gets these companies a higher advertisement price to charge their advertisers .It makes them more money. Barnum was truly right.

I say it all the time,you put to much stock into these numbers.

How will you counter this post,you will act like you did not see it and you will post another poll.Dense,dense,dense.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 2:10:39 PM
Obama 69,456,897 which was 52.9% of the vote and McCain 59,934,814, which was 45.7% of the vote .There are 307,000,000 in the USA and out of that 130,000,000 voted for McCain and Obama.

So when they say 52.9% was for Obama and 45.7% were for McCain,that means no one heard from 177,000,000 people,albeit some were not voter age.

Its like a poll,the number you hear is very inaccurate,people here fight over poll numbers on a poll that consisted of the opinions of 350 people,and they swear that the majority of the country is upset with Obama because some 350 people said so,they further prove their point offering 3 more polls,each one of them consisting of a few thousand who were polled.They are too overcome with hatred to realize its only according to 350 people polled not the almighty word it sounds like as if 307,000,000 had spoken.

Its laughable !
 EarlzP
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 3:54:31 PM

Another little tibit of the OBama big summer time slide from AP.

Here's another even smaller tidbit showing that the Presidential slide is over, I personally conducted this scientific unbiased poll by calling one name for each letter of the alphabet from my local telephone directory, If I received no answer or a no opinion answer I picked another person whose last name started with that letter.

Out of the 26 that I called 17 were female 7 were males and 2 I was not sure off. 13 out of the 26 said they were very satisfied 7 said they were some what satisfied, 2 said they were unsatisfied and 3 said they were not satisfied and 1 said they were never satisfied.

So the conclusion would be that
2o were happy with the job President Obama was doing
5 were unhappy
1 admitted that he had never been happy

It does appear at least from this scientific poll that our President has a good job performance rating and that the slide is over

For more info go to IMTSU.COM
 EarlzP
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 6:08:58 PM

Looks like 12 months has made a difference and right now it seems that Obama is tryin to battle for two state governerships or it won't look good for him. Obama's star has fallen and the sheen is wearing off.

According to the Poll you use his star is shining brightly look at that + 7.5 spread

RCP Average
 EarlzP
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 6:28:46 PM

Looks like 12 months has made a difference and right now it seems that Obama is tryin to battle for two state governerships or it won't look good for him. Obama's star has fallen and the sheen is wearing off.

It does not give me any pleasure to report it but it looks like there is more bad news for the senate republicans.

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/108035/gloom-spreads-on-economy-but-gop-doesnt-gain

In fact, disapproval of the Republican Party actually has ticked upward, along with the public's general pessimism. Asked which political party should control Congress after next year's midterm elections, Democrats now hold a clear edge over the GOP, 46% to 38%, a month after the Republicans were nearly as popular. In September, the Democratic edge was 43% to 40%.

Not wanting to add any thing more to the republicans troubles but it looks like the house democrats have a bill

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091029/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_overhaul

WASHINGTON – House Democrats reached agreement Wednesday on key elements of a health care bill that would vastly alter America's medical landscape, requiring virtually universal sign-ups and establishing a new government-run insurance option for millions.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi planned a formal announcement Thursday morning in front of the Capitol. Lawmakers said the legislation could be up for a vote on the House floor next week.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 7:21:58 PM
That's what I'm talking about with your poll you gave for Wisconsin,lets see they have a population of 6,000,000 people and they got the opinions from 400, so for every 16,000 people that live in Wisconsin,they talked to one person ! Geez, Now we know exactly how Wisconsin feels, its as if you got right into the minds of all of Wisconsin .
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 6:59:00 AM

Interesting how the RCP polls were used for proving an issue on another thread about Health Care, yet now ???
interesting how you think that changes the fact that these polls that get an opinion off of polling one person out of 200,ooo people could mean anything.I have always said don't put trust in a poll sometimes they only talk to 300,000th of 1% sometimes.I do know many many people had to relentlessly fight you using your own weapons,a poll.You throw a meaningless poll out there like its something and they fight back using one,because odd as it sounds ,you trust polls completely.

Before I went to bed,the internet had this amazing breaking story on Obama finally is getting the negativity off the country.Why,why is he finally coming to grips,well its all clearly because of a 58% poll,concrete proof,then they state that 1097 were polled to get those earth shattering results,then claim its accuarte to like 1% plus or minus.

So out of 307,000,0000 in the USA, for every 279,850 th person ,they talked to 1 person for their opinion,wow,I mean wow,they are so right on top of the pulse of the country,that's outrageous,a person should be able to be sued after a poll try's to slander and defame him.Because after all some people actually do believe what 1097 normal average,might not know a shred about politics, people said,so much so that if they say it ,it only takes 1097 out of 307,000,000 to make it proof,that it is truly the feelings of the USA. If we could sit those 1097 down in a room and we could meet them,it would completely change the way you fell.

Hey the numbers don't lie,thats my point where are the numbers.Think about it,on an average out of every mid sized city they get the opinion of ONE person.

Bet you'll counter this with a poll,lol......................"2010 people polled prove that polls work"lol
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 8:10:07 AM

That's what I'm talking about with your poll you gave for Wisconsin,lets see they have a population of 6,000,000 people and they got the opinions from 400, so for every 16,000 people that live in Wisconsin,they talked to one person ! Geez, Now we know exactly how Wisconsin feels, its as if you got right into the minds of all of Wisconsin .
Many that have had to battle you, and one or two other key Obama haters, have walked away wondering why don't they get these facts,what will it take!

After I send you a post ,like the logic behind the Wisconsin poll,do you say,wow,thats true,or wow,that really is just a small trace amount of their people polled,wow they only poll 1 person for every 16,000 people that live in Wisconsin .No,you come back and say,Interesting how the RCP polls were used for proving an issue on another thread about Health Care, yet now ???

How do people debate logic like that,on my post you only need to be a fifth grader to understand that 400 people out of 6,000,000 people is not going to represent the feelings of that state,any fifth grader could deal with those numbers,ones does not have to give it much thought,basic reasoning is enough to grasp the numbers involved here.Kids though would be open minded to incoming fact,they would not already be hell bent on getting Obama,defaming him,that's why logic does not prevail here,its a question between one of an open mind against one with an adult agenda.You cannot tell me that if 400 average people speak out,out of 6,000,000 that that means anything.You and I already know it,its not about that though,its about you defaming Obama at any personal cost,Whether we dissect your logic and prove it inadequate repeatedly is not important,its as if your reputation is worth the sacrifice to smear Obama,no cost to great.Look I state repeatedly your facts are wrong because you base your logic off of polls that use a trace amounts of the people and then all the way to the other side,gauging how many media people are telling jokes,or just the amounts of jokes for the week.I'm surprised Tarot and tea leaves are not in that nonscientific methodology you use.

When they state the poll is accurate to plus or minus 3%,you realize that does not mean the poll subject matter ,that disclaimer means their poll systems errors,their methodology can be trusted as accurate to plus or minus 3%.You do realize that don't you !
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 1:33:52 PM
Wow ,how many people did that poll 125,you just can't quit the nonsense can you !
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 3:22:19 PM
ITS SHOWS THAT COMPILATION USED 9000 PEOPLE TOTAL

That means out of 307,000,000 US citizens,for every 34,110 citizens,only one person was asked for their opinion.

What a joke,why do you continue to update with this worthless info,
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 12:29:01 PM

Obama went up .3 pts since yesterday. At RCP Obama is now at 51.9 versus the 51.6 of yesteday.
Wow if you could just get 11 or 12 more people to take the poll then I too could put all my trust in that poll like you do.

Any intelligent person using sound reasoning would tell you that if a poll used 1% of the people and then tried to tell you the 1% is all they need to tell you how everyone is thinking,you'd say ,not so,thats impossible !

Well 1% would be a poll using 3,070,000 people.

All the polls out today use between 350 to 20,000 people,The average is under a 1000.
 stnick1967
Msg: 122
Posted: 10/30/2009 1:18:20 PM

Wow if you could just get 11 or 12 more people to take the poll then I too could put all my trust in that poll like you do.

Any intelligent person using sound reasoning would tell you that if a poll used 1% of the people and then tried to tell you the 1% is all they need to tell you how everyone is thinking,you'd say ,not so,thats impossible !

Well 1% would be a poll using 3,070,000 people.

All the polls out today use between 350 to 20,000 people,The average is under a 1000.

Dude. Seriously. Statistics 101.

Here is a quick explanation about how polling works

http://www.notrain-nogain.org/Train/Res/Num/how.asp
 cpfstock
Msg: 123
Posted: 10/30/2009 2:24:12 PM
tru dat. you really need to know the demographic breakdown of the sample and the internal construction the poll to derive any real meaning from the data. however, regardless of which organization is doing the polling obama's numbers are in a declining trend. even polling organizations which have traditionally over estimated numbers favorable to democrats show a drop in his favorable/approve numbers and an increase in his unfavorable/disapprove.
 EarlzP
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 2:44:20 PM

As the Democratic governors up for re-election next week seem to be losing ground even with Obama's help, there is some good news for those Obama supporters watching this thread. Obama went up .3 pts since yesterday. At RCP Obama is now at 51.9 versus the 51.6 of yesteday.

Do you see the "+" plus is the p[lus good or bad what does the plus indicate to you? I would love to be getting "+" 8.5 % percent interest on my bank account wouldn't you?

It was "+" 7.5 yesterday is the increase good?

RCP Average
Approve51.9Disapprove43.4Spread +8.5

November 2010 only a year away the poor republican senators must dread the day, that is the day the american people will take their lobbying money away
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2009 2:59:21 PM

Dude. Seriously. Statistics 101.

Here is a quick explanation about how polling works

http://www.notrain-nogain.org/Train/Res/Num/how.asp
Thank god,TAG I'm it.Thought no one would ever question this,thank you.

Polls are so flawed,yes I'm fully aware of how they teach statistics ,how they work,but as with a lot of crap they teach you,like theories of evolution,Quantum mechanics,string theory,Black holes,well,in the real world its crap sometimes,leaves a lot to question and lots of room for varying opinion.

Nothing will beat an actual count.Now I am not saying that the polls are in another universe I'm only saying its kind of close but not close enough.That's why every time someone gives a poll number,the opposing side laughs loudly and tells you, the top poll your looking at is not as good as the top poll they are looking at.

As with Obama final election polls,11/30 to 12-1-2008 taking the poll numbers from the top 16 leading polls,we had a range of 50% to 56% with a plus or minus of 3 % that means the lowest number was actually a spread of 47% to 53% to be within the plus minus range of accuracy,and then for the highest poll number of the sixteen top polls that would be a range of 53% to as high as 59%.

So if you take the lowest percent it could be ,to be in the plus or minus accuracy range thats 47% and on the highest poll that is 59%

Now if you poll 100 of 100 people I can assure you the figure would be accurate and if the take the Obama approval rating from the top sixteen polling places at his election date,I'm going to have to say that a spread of 47% to 59% in not even close to accurate.I don't think a possible spread of 12 % is accuracte at all.Thats why I wish a few here would stop putting so much trust in their choice of poll,and laugh at the others as if it makes much of a difference .

47% means his like-ability is in question and at 59% its obvious he's pretty well liked !
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama's latest approval ratings.