Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama's latest approval ratings.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Obama's latest approval ratings.Page 6 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I must admit when you take your quotes out of context and put your slant on it,it does sound more dramatic.Here is what he said "But this is just the beginning," warned the Treasury chief. "Unemployment remains unacceptably high. For every person out of work, for every family facing foreclosure, for every small business facing a credit crunch, the recession remains alive and acute. Growth will bring jobs, but we need to continue working together to strengthen the recovery."

If your the one being swept away at the moment down that flooded river of life then this official ending of a recession will not have the same meaning to you.That,s what he meant,that is what he said,you literally tried to make it sound like he disagreed with the official news,but that is very true to your style.

Some of you put way to much meaning into a term.We just a few months back were at depressions door,it pretty much was a for sure thing,Obama made quick work of that, and now we finally are able to call the TERM recession, as over because that the criteria was met.Look if a radiator light is on,it will go off when the excessive heat stops,but its not a normal temperature,its still hot.

I do wish I had pictures and graphs for you.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Obama's latest approval ratings.
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:10:10 AM

If it makes you feel better to call it recession almost depression and for you to pretend that we have really recovered thats cool,

I have no idea what your talking about,its written proof that we were on Depressions doorstep a few months back,Obama kept us from that and its now officially stated the recession is no more,Obama did that also.I did not say it the Feds said it.And I never said we had recovered,in fact I thought I was very clear now on THREE posts explaining just because you can't use the recession word anymore doesn't mean things are over.Why does everything need to be repeated over and over for you.I cannot break this further down for you, I have no crayons.Try to understand that the word recession is a term we can no longer use now.Look if your were in Intensive care(ICU) in the hospital and then they we able to take you off the ICU list,something tells me,you using the logic your using now,that you'd then expect to be healed ,because you were taken off the critical list.when in reality it only means you were taken off the critical list.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:02:41 AM

How about the $38 Billion in Over draft Fees this helps the GDP...

How about the double digit Increase in heath care Premiums... Great for the GDP...
But wait,I thought the opposition clearly stated we were far better off having private industry in charge over governments intervention,

These items above have gone on for years,negative or positive towards the GDP,Banks,Pharmaceutical and insurance companies have raped us for years,thats why many challenge the intellect of the opposition,using these industries as stellar examples of a system they seem to find palatable over our Government,I see there point a little if they're thinking 20 years of republican rule government,yes that surely was inept,horrible government care.Obama has shown he is not like that.Everyone but the GOP/extreme conservative/republicans see that.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 6:43:24 PM
Ok Killene I went to your page link and since you felt you had the right the use the RCP average of all those numbers I decided to also use my free will and use the actual ABC poll on your link from your average that states Obama is Approved 57% and he is disapproved an amazingly low 40%,now thats a 17% spread from approve and disapprove,wow,17% ,we must really love this man,it seems to contradict everything you say. Thanks for the link where I got my current numbers,and as we all realize,you certainly could not put down ABCs credibility because you averaged them,didn't you !

Wait a dog gone minute,it just donned on me I found what you were hoping for,you Wondered if Obama will see the mid 50s spread he once had in the beginning.and by golly,I almost gave you 60%,I sure was close at 57%,imagine that it was right there on your own link,odd you did not notice that.

Oh you know what on the same link it stated Rasmussen took that exact same poll and got only 46% to like Obama and they found a whopping 52% that disapproved,how can that be,why that disapproval is a 12% difference from ABC.Its like when these polls talk to a 1000 people,they're talking to different ones ,as if it means people are differnet so you cannot talk to 1000 people and get the same numbers,I could have sworn people here were saying with statistics 101 you can talk to a few 100 people and it will tell you how 307,000,000 think.

Killene its right there in black and white on your link 57% approve of Obama. Yet you still update us on a tenth of one percent when these polls can vary 12% all polling the same thing.

Please leave a link next time too so I can tell everybody the good news,my news is far better than yours was.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:40:11 PM

Killene its right there in black and white on your link 57% approve of Obama. Yet you still update us on a tenth of one percent when these polls can vary 12% all polling the same thing.

It will be interesting to see the results of the elections tomorrow...NJ, VA and 23rd of NY. To see where the polls were today going in and what the actual numbers reflect tomorrow. As you state, it will be there in 'black and white' which pollsters were the closest.

~ds~
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 8:49:37 AM
I did not realize that what you meant by a spread ,I stand corrected.

Back to your wrong numbers,your choosing to take averages because those are the numbers you feel the most comfortable with,others have taken the highest and still others the lowest,all 3 groups take those sets of numbers to make their particular argument look the best.And to make your point sound outstanding this time you chose to take the highest spread from Gallup

I repeatedly say the polls are so far off,one almost has to average them because they differ so greatly.But in reality I think the great difference is where the true fact of the matter lay,and that is there is no common consensus.You directed me to the beginning ,where the SPREAD was the greatest,I found it interesting you chose the highest number poll to make your point but other times preach you use averages.Here is the great great difference between polls at that time,and the diffenrence is great,what more does anyone need to realize there is no common ground there between those different polls,you choose to avg. because you like the numbers you can create.I like the individual poll because it further proves,the more different people you talk too the more differing opinion is out there.What can you expect from using a trace of a trace amount of one percent of the population.

Check out these vast differences,you'd need a plane to travel the spread !Check out how that spread differs from a high of Killenes +56 to a staggering low of +26 WOW that's a difference of 30 % WOW its so not accurate,huh !

Democracy Corps (D) 1/26 - 1/29 1000 LV 55 20 +35
FOX News 1/27 - 1/28 900 RV 65 16 +49
Gallup 1/25 - 1/27 1500 A 64 16 +48
Rasmussen 1/25 - 1/27 1500 LV 62 36 +26
Hotline/FD 1/21 - 1/24 800 RV 63 9 +54
Gallup 1/21 - 1/23 1591 A 68 12 +56
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:25:22 AM

As you state, it will be there in 'black and white' which pollsters were the closest.
Once again,what are you even talking about.I don't think the polls on Obamas approval rating has a shred to do with whom is voted in on a few state elections,that has absolutely nothing to do with Obamas Approval,and these ratings I'm talking about are different from the polls your talking about.Here you spout off Black and white and instead you throw us gray.You need to go to another poll for that.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 11:31:30 AM

As you state, it will be there in 'black and white' which pollsters were the closest.

Once again,what are you even talking about.I don't think the polls on Obamas approval rating has a shred to do with whom is voted in on a few state elections,that has absolutely nothing to do with Obamas Approval,and these ratings I'm talking about are different from the polls your talking about.Here you spout off Black and white and instead you throw us gray.You need to go to another poll for that.

Here, let me spell it out for you in black and white...

What I'm saying...and 'what' this has to do with Obama's approval rating numbers is, that there are a few elections being held today. There are polls going into the elections and there will be actual voting results after the election. I stated above, that it will be interesting to see which, if any, polls were close to being accurate once the final results are in.

As there are many on this thread who discount Obama's approval ratings/polls, perhaps they would be persuaded differently based on an accurate poll for these elections. Or likewise, those who are putting a lot of stock in Obama's ratings may be persuaded differently if all of these polls are completely out of whack of today's elections.

That help any?

~ds~
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 1:42:40 PM

Like I have said several times, it seems that many of the polls seem to be bias either left or right with a very few in the middle. It seems that RCP's averaging of the polls seem to hit the election votes the best a good majority of the time.
since its all just down to guessing and straight opinions,then I say the highest polls are the correct ones each and every time,its not that they are leftist ,its that they are the only correct ones.Its funny that if a number is low or if a number is high your able to make the distinction as to why,if its high,thats like proof to you it certainly must lean left and if its low,it certainly must mean its leaning right then and if you average them,now you have certain proof,strictly your opinion.

Since there is nothing scientific about this,I choose to look at only the big numbers,and until you can show me concrete facts that state those high number polls only speak to babbling idiots and your polls you believe in only talk to learned persons and thats why the numbers are so high then I'll apologize.But for now you show me proof off a link,and it shows a spread difference between like six polls to be different to the degree of 30%,thats a country mile my friend.If all these sights were off by one or maybe up to 1 and a quarter percent then that would prove its pretty accurate.

Like I said,polls are helpers given by the media,to get viewers to watch them and not the others,its about advertising rates and not being extremely factual.That wasn't the point,if they wanted it precise they would have to use maybe 10% of the population,that would be a paltry amount of 62,000,000 to poll,that would have captured all the ethic backgrounds,the different regions,the different religions and cultures,the difference of education and income,I'm afraid you can't get all that when you talk to 1000 people.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 2:58:37 PM

If one is talking highest as to amount of people the Poll Takers use, than that would mean that Obama is hanging in at just barley 50%.
no,the highest means the highest rating the lowest means the lowest rating,you knew what I meant,I even said it was 57%
The polls that seem to be generating the lower approval % numbers for Obama use about 50% more people in their polls on a consistant basis .
that is so not true,this time USA and Rasmussen used the same amount of people,and there findings could not be more different.and then I looked at the whole year and same thing,amount polled had nothing to do with it,I found many examples exactly the opposite of what you said.You seem to think that people are just going to trust your opinion,you show a link and your easy to disprove,I can go through that same list and take two polls each month that are way higher in numbers than to ever state,but had you done that,you would not have had anything to gripe about this whole year numbers wise .
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 3:48:48 PM
Oh by the way,going off the batch you got your average from,Obamas Approval rating is still +57%,thats an excellent number.It also looks so much better than the number your showing,also his disapproval rating is still at a extremely low 40%.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 8:18:15 PM
Elections have happened,lets see who was the winner,ah it was mungojoe ,he set all of you straight with this the other day,and I quote,

Nice try dear... unfortunately, you forget to be a student of electoral history in this...

VA...? Not voting for a Dem would be an indictment of Obama's popularity...? In a pig's eye... you see... VA has NOT elected a Governor from the same party as the President... even if the state went to that President... in over 30 years...

This is where being a student of history comes in handy... the polling history of the VA Gov's office... typically goes to the party the President is NOT a member of...

And NJ...? Again, you fail to learn the lesson of history... the polling history of the NJ Gov's office... except for a few 'blips' along the way... NJ switches parties approximately every 8 years... regardless of the part of the President in office... the pattern has held in the main for a century... it's been almost 8 years of Dem Gov's... history says it would be a 'break from tradition' if there wasn't a change in party at this point...

No awareness of history in the comment... Just more "grenade lobbing"...Unquote

I don't know,personally , I think that was quite insightful of mungojoe ,anyways history prevails,and as far as I am concerned I don't see this as any loss for Obama,sure the media likes to say it will be ,but I don't think so,the media is sometimes a little dramatic,and quite frankly is able to spin on a dime,they play both ways at a seconds notice !
 cotter
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 8:47:33 PM

Seems that many think today was not a good day for the President's popularity.
First Reid had to announce that he would probably not be able to deliver the Health Care to Obama this year.
Then after all Obama's campaigning it seems nobody is listening anymore. Hmmmm
Hmmmmm ... indeed. Ya know ... it appears as if someone seems to be beating the "racist" drum an awful lot lately. Just saying ...

Do you think that by going that route ... it will get the "black man" and his family out of the White House by the end of the year?

No matter what the polls show ... he's there for a while. Like it or not ... no matter what happens ... no matter what the results of the individual state elections ... he's there for a while. Get used to it.

Does that mean the White House now has "Cooties"? That's what it looks like when one reads some of the posts in here.
 EarlzP
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 3:52:00 PM

Ouch, maybe last night did do some damage to Obama....It seems that Obama at this time 3:30 pm 11/04 is at 50.6% approval rating.

As of 6:39 PM President Obama ' approval rate is 51.4% that's plus "+" 7.4 %

This is the lowest rating yet for Obama at RCP as they average in the all the Obama approval polls.

Don't get your hopes up to much it's just a matter of time until the new govenors of NJ and VA show that they represent the same bunch that left us with an economy that was in the tank, they have 11 months to prove that they can turn those two states around, if and when they fail the people will see that the incompetitance that got into this mess is still the same party

In the CNN polls that were averaged in the RCP poll Obama has slipped below the 55% mark.

RCP average includes
Rasmussen Reports 48% approval
Fox News 50%
CNN 55% approval.
Gallup 50% approval
NBC 51% approval

I have a feeling that Obama will come up a bit as some of the newer polls that favor him come in.

I have a feeling that he will come way up as a result of these elections, these two will remind the people of why they voted the republicans out

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 10/15 - 11/3 -- 51.4 44.0 +7.4
Gallup 11/1 - 11/3 1547 A 50 43 +7
Rasmussen Reports 11/1 - 11/3 1500 LV 48 51 -3
CNN/Opinion Research 10/30 - 11/1 1018 A 54 45 +9
FOX News 10/27 - 10/28 900 RV 50 41 +9
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 10/22 - 10/25 1009 A 51 42 +9
USA Today/Gallup 10/16 - 10/19 1521 A 50 46 +4
ABC News/Wash Post 10/15 - 10/18 1004 A 57 40 +17

I am sure at some point people will start to ask theirselves the same questions that I have been asking myself

Why when the republicans have been in office for 20 out of the last 28.9 years have they not tackled the tough issues of health care reform and illegal immigration, why do they the republicans only become aware of those issues when democrats try to resolve them?
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 3:59:51 PM
Thats funny ,its in black and white that ABC and the Washington post polls have Obama at 57% and those against at 40%
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 141
Posted: 11/4/2009 4:58:10 PM
Holy crap.

I hadn't looked at this thread, but it's up to 13 pages now. And it's all just updating competing poll results on approval/disapproval ratings. Every bloody month.

Look, he's going to be in power for 3 more years before the next election. Is somebody here getting paid to keep reviving a pointless thread about a topic that not even the 24 hour news cycle thinks is newsworthy?

Lets all just step away from our keyboards for the next 30 months before we look at this one again.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 6:19:52 PM

The Washington Post-ABC News poll that was not included in the RCP average is from Oct 15-18. That is about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago.

That is why the RCP did not include it and why I stated that when the new polls come out Obama is bond is go up some.

There is a point in which the polls numbers become outdated.
you crack me up,the poll changed only today,last night you were showing an average off of my poll,12 hours later your saying its prehistoric,ok fine,fine ,fine,going off your todays figures Obamas Approval is 55% thats CNN

Halftimedad you are so correct,I got so tired of opposition only picking on the average or the lowest number they can find ,and after post after post,of me trying to say that some of these spreads differ by 30%,can you believe that fact,30% that these polls are not really accurate,so to fight back with there own medicine of polls that ask a 400 to 1500 people their opinion, I choose now,to take credible, as there poll places, and show the highest number ones,since their only goal is the slam Obama at any cost acting like they are doing us a service,likes its not personal.

You are so right, this thread became void, 12 pages ago,and your also correct if she shows me a poll that says 45% I will take the same dated one that says 60%.

I already made my point,we all did 15 times,when you gets spread up to a 30% difference then little meaning is in these polls.

Thank you,for the LAST CALL.I think we already proved the polls are the same now as election day 11/30 to 12/1, 2008 its in the numbers,just go to realclearpoliticss and look at the year and pick the highest rated ones each month if you want to see Obama look his best or only pick the lowest numbers each month if you want him to only look mid level average.On no poll of the year did he ever have a single poll where he wasn't ahead in numbers of those that disapproved.

Goodnight
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2009 5:53:46 AM

Seems it was an interesting topic when Obama was at his peak for some but now it seems that it a mute point .What is interesting is the things that seem to have pulled him down in the polls, such as Health Care.It was during the summer when Obama and the Democrats were fighting so hard for health care that Obama's polls sank the most.
I don't know his approval ratings according the http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html#polls look really steady !

Democracy Corps (D) 1/26 - 1/29 --1000 LV ----55 20 +35
Cook/RT Strategies 2/27 - 3/1-- 880 RV-- 57 28 +29
Rasmussen Reports 3/23 - 3/25-- 1500 LV-- 56 43 +13
Marist -------------------4/21 - 4/23-- 975 RV-- 55 31 +24
Rasmussen Reports 5/10 - 5/12-- 1500 LV-- 57 42 +15
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 6/12 - 6/15 --1008 A-- 56 34 +22
Time--------------------- 7/27 - 7/28-- 1002 A-- 56 38 +18
CBS News-------------- 8/27 - 8/31-- 1097 A-- 56 35 +21
CBS News/NY Times 9/19 - 9/23-- 1042 A-- 56 33 +23
ABC News/Wash Post 10/15 - 10/18--1004 A-- 57 40 +17
CNN/Opinion Research 10/30 - 11/1-- 1018 A-- 54 45 +9
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2009 8:32:02 AM

Being in the mid 60s to 70s at the beginning and then falling more than any president in 50 years in not what most would call steady.
Is there something wrong with your reading skills,heres one poll for each month Obama has been in office,and they are all from your site realclearpolitics a site nice enough to give everyones polls !
Democracy Corps (D) 1/26 - 1/29 --1000 LV ----55 20 +35
Cook/RT Strategies 2/27 - 3/1-- 880 RV-- 57 28 +29
Rasmussen Reports 3/23 - 3/25-- 1500 LV-- 56 43 +13
Marist -------------------4/21 - 4/23-- 975 RV-- 55 31 +24
Rasmussen Reports 5/10 - 5/12-- 1500 LV-- 57 42 +15
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 6/12 - 6/15 --1008 A-- 56 34 +22
Time--------------------- 7/27 - 7/28-- 1002 A-- 56 38 +18
CBS News-------------- 8/27 - 8/31-- 1097 A-- 56 35 +21
CBS News/NY Times 9/19 - 9/23-- 1042 A-- 56 33 +23
ABC News/Wash Post 10/15 - 10/18--1004 A-- 57 40 +17
CNN/Opinion Research 10/30 - 11/1-- 1018 A-- 54 45 +9

THERE YOU GO, ONE FULL YEAR OF POLLS
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2009 1:51:51 PM
No wait,you gave us a link that lists all the top polling places,I find not a one that more or less than the other.My argument is each month one can take anyone of these fine credible polls and use them for their own slanted point.

I had every right to take any legitimate poll of each month and show everyone that he is true,steady a level going. never faltered from 55 to 57 the whole year

If I felt like it I could have taken from your list,all the really high number polls for each month and shown he has always been extremely popular ! from 76% to 57% ,amazing positive numbers,shows he always looked outstanding !

Or I could have taken each month a poll from your list,that showed low numbers and shown the whole year as he was never better than mid level average !

In your mind,you found you liked ,out of all the numbers you could have chosen,that if you average all these, that that fits your opinion the best.That's how it works the best, so you can continue to fault him on a daily basis.If you took my poll numbers from the same list your got yours,you would be singing him praise rather than hating him !
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2009 6:56:43 AM
wow,and you believe this,and so much so you cut and paste it and put it on 4 threads that are Obama.The only one you could put in on was the Obama declares an national emergency.Of course its not true ,I mean come on !
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2009 11:36:08 AM
Obama approval rating http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

Gallup Poll- for period of 11/7 - 11/9 Total of 1547 were polled
54% Approval 39%Disapproval +15Spread

Boy he's popular, only 39% don't agree
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2009 9:05:50 PM
From the same tpmdc article:

The last time the GOP was this bad in CNN's polling was in December 1998, in the heat of the impeachment battles, when they were at 31%-57%.

And what happened in 2000? Republicans came back and trounced the dems across the board.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2009 7:03:46 AM

And if I can't buy insurance, what options do I have besides going on the government dole? This question has not been answered by my own elected officials.

It is cheaper to offer an affordable plan which I can pay for if it is not astonomical, than to send me to the ER for more costly and more radical treatment
This is why I vopted for someone I can trust.I'm from Arizona, McCain was our states man,I can not think of one notable thing he ever did for Arizona,not one,he's a in the shadows man,uneventful,quick to criticize how he would do it,then nothing,just crickets in the background.Thats where I formed my opinion of him as president,and Palin was a unknown to me until I realized she was the strong supporter of the Alaska's "bridge to nowhere"Governor !Oh yes I remember her !

Why on earth would you think it will be any different than say the costs and particular ways of Medicare.They are not going to invent a new system from scratch.You'll see administration procedures revamped and computers linked and updated,and all the insurance companies will still be there,but with a big difference,like any company that ever needed to survive because of law changes,they will loosen up policy and lower some costs,to try to compete with a Medicare type system dangling in front of their noses.Lots of big business in past decades altered their ways to survive,they raped you when they could easily do so then transformed from a rapist to only kind of bad,just to survive,I don't see the regular insurance companies becoming perfect examples of companies only looking after peoples best interests,I only see them as a whole becoming much better,or they will sink and stronger insurance companies will take over their position,like the banks did.

Obama said what good is it,if it does not cover all your pains and is not affordable !

Politics is trust,that's why when you see a politician screw up everything his first four years and even lie on a scale of the war,then you have it coming when you re elect him (Bush),that is ,the ones that voted for him.

Neither time did I vote for him,only because the other candidates seemed better.I had a problem with the well documented,already known knowledge of a young Bush that partied,snorted Coke,ran all his business's in the ground and pop's Saudi friends had to bail him out.Plus had a problem with a Dad having been president and then the son stepping in,that was a minor worry with Hillary also,but Obama overtook her position and it became a non issue ! I liked Clinton though so it was two for the same money .Bill would have been brilliant doing what Hillary is now doing ! The threads would have lit up with hatred if Hillary and Bill were there,would have been far more opinion and hatred than Obama !

Polls merely hint,they are never correct or spot on,actually far from it.We have already gone in great detail,listing facts of the varying numbers from each poll each week or month !
 EarlzP
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2009 4:17:38 PM

Approval Index rating of -10

Are you sure?

http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time.com/2009/04/27/cnn-obama-approval-at-63/

President Obama Job Approval
RCP Average
Approve51.3Disapprove43.1Spread +8.2
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Obama's latest approval ratings.