Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 80
The Four favourite questions guys love to ask....Page 3 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
^^^ I totally agree.

But keep in mind that some people are not introspective, intelligent, or self aware enough to ever really know what they "like".

Some people are so vanilla that they like everything.

And some people have just never been in the situation of being head over heels in love with someone who does not fulfill them sexually.

That situation SUCKS. Truly it does.

Either way, I want a woman who is on the same page as me. If she doesn't "get" why I would want to ask her personal questions, then she and I are probably not compatible in other ways either.

It's no big loss.

As the above poster said, once you get older, just finding someone to have sex with is NOT that hard. Finding someone to share your life with... now, there's the challenge.

-8sf8

Edit:

The reason Nighthawk thinks that a man who asks sexual questions before dating is a sex freak is because the dude believes in abstainance before marriage.

He hasn't even gotten his willy wet yet.

So ladies, if you're looking for a serious sexual relationship, the questions really ARE a good sign that a man is taking you seriously.

xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 82
The Four favourite questions guys love to ask....
Posted: 8/21/2009 10:46:11 AM
Very well spoken Ms. Wild Heart.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2009 10:56:26 AM
I like this thread and i don't really see much of a question in the OP post BUT.....Mine would be( that is if I was in this type of relationship with someone of the opposite sex)
1)Do you mind that I don't like head?
2)I don't know or care if you scan quirt or have yet to squirt for I'll make it happen BUT; will you look at me differently if I swallow ?
3)Do you shave, and if so why?
4)What is "TOO" long for foreplay?

wow thanks POF, you're helpin' me get through Friday!
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2009 3:35:55 PM

You act as though asking personal questions, or questions about preferences is wrong. It's not. It's a matter of when and how. Showing respect for a person doesn't mean avoiding the questions altogether.

bingo. timing and context are everything. the very same questions that offend on the first phone call are part of the foreplay on the third date.
 loni j
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/21/2009 6:56:13 PM
Being 59 (a prime age if I may say so myself) I have dated a couple guys in their early 60 s and they "proudly" announce about not needing any enhancements at all, Oh no! they are just fine. Well I did find out differently and suggested they do get some help, but! they are still in denial about it.
Get with it, or you wont keep us around, at least not me.
Then I read about too much hair on women. Hey guys, the same goes for you too.
 bear_on_patrol
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/22/2009 10:14:10 PM

What kind of guys are you meeting and where are you picking them up?

Yeah! That's what came to my mind too. Are you looking for men in the garbage or something? :)
 soflnighteagle
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/23/2009 2:37:47 AM
Why do ALL WOMAN . . . . .

How foolish it is to assume that because the men you are drawn to are a certain way that all men are. The redundancy of this answer is such that I cringe to even bring it up but here goes. If all the guys you meet are a certain way, it is because those are the kinds of guys you are attracted to, and if you don't like it why do you keep going back to the same well? Have you ever thought about changing your taste, as opposed to picking the same type of guy and then trying to change them? No of course not, because the kind of guy that wouldn't ask these kinds of questions just doesn't create the "chemistry" you want. Until you learn that the only thing you can change is you, you will continue to run into the same problems. If you want something to change in your life, then change something in your life, or stop complaining about the fact that nothing changes.
 OSUguy99
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/23/2009 5:43:14 AM
just the tip? whats for dinner? whats that smell? spit or swallow?
 NightHawk2005
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/23/2009 12:42:27 PM
If that matters that much to you, you're not looking for a relationship. You're just looking for sex. Her personality, emotional connection to you, possibly looks to an extent should be why you're with her. Those should be strong enough for it not to matter whether she fulfills your fetish. Otherwise, it's just that, a fetish. That's not a question I'd ever ask.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/23/2009 1:14:25 PM
^^^ Says the no sex before marriage guy.

Dude, if you don't believe in sexual relationships, your opinion on this subject is worth about as much as a Peso in the Hamptons.
 zangie
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 6:03:45 PM
I don't mind the questions...at the right time..but, sorry, I do not think perfect strangers have a right to know my personal sexual proclivities...period. And when it does come up..it better be in an adult, mature way. In my opinion, it doesn't need to come up till the possibility that it will go there comes up.

Even then...I just don't get it...All my previous lovers were very different in likes/dislikes, body types, style etc...but, not one of them was disappointing in bed. There isn't one sexual activity I can not live without...as long as we are both enjoying ourselves...the specifics aren't that important to me.

And we never discussed it ahead of time...it just happened, and we learned as we went. We both cared enough about each other to make it work for both. Besides, I am not a fan of taking all the mystery out of it anyway. A bit too pragmatic for me.

And it has nothing to do with being "vanilla", frigid, or a prude..I am none of the above.

My experience has always been that men who ask crude questions right out of the gate, are interested in sex only..not relationships...I have also found that in chat especially...they are asking the questions as a turn on, and if you play along...they think this means there will be cyber sex, or more.

I will never, ever, not cringe whenever I hear the " try it first "comment..women are not commodities , inanimate objects or vehicles for someone's personal satisfaction.

If you don't like me enough to take a chance...then , it isn't what I am looking for anyway.
How you feel about someone as a person should be the first guideline...in my opinion..for one thing, if a guy matched me perfectly in every sexual preference of mine..but, I didn't like him as a person?...Wouldn't happen. If a guy had some things where we didn't match...but, I really liked him? I'd make it work. The only thing I would judge on sexually, would be a libido lower than mine...that wouldn't work. The specifics? Just not that big a deal. So many ways to achieve the same results...

Who ever said anyone is entitled to guarantees in life...about anything? The prevailing societal attitude these days seems to be that one deserves perfection, and everything they want. Good luck with that one...

I don't judge the worth of a man by his penis size, or his sexual preferences, and I would appreciate it if they didn't judge me by similar standards.

soilder: Are you kidding me? The only thing that indicates is that he is serious about having sex with you...nothing else...
 NightHawk2005
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/23/2009 6:29:43 PM
I wasn't aware the exchange rate had turned so drastically in Mexico's favor. My opinion's as valid as anyone's, and furthermore, I know that I'm right about this. Asking the questions you love so much is the antithesis of wanting a serious relationship, no matter how much you lie to yourself.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/23/2009 10:48:44 PM
I find it humorous that so many posters (especially women) are saying that a man who asks questions like this are just looking for sex...

When I ask questions like this and I am a serious relationship guy.

It must have just been a fever dream that I asked a girl questions like this (which she answered without hesitation) and I ended up marrying her.

And what I said still stands. A man who has not even gotten his willy wet really does not have a leg to stand on in giving sexual advice or having opinions about normal people who have normal relationships.

;)
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 11:50:55 PM
Hey ladies, furnish the transportation, gas...pay for my entertainment, dinners...open doors and pull out chairs for me, bring me flowers....modify your schedule to suit mine, and the only question I will ever ask you is this......When can we do this again?
 zangie
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 9:36:13 PM

I find it humorous that so many posters (especially women) are saying that a man who asks questions like this are just looking for sex...

And you ask these questions in the first conversation you have with her? Trust me, you don't date or talk online to men...you are obviously an exception...if you do that..and I'm surprised you have much success with it...

And the only reason you married her is because she answered your sex questions the right way?..sheesh...if I knew this, I could have married quite a few men then...lol..

When there gets to a point where a relationship is a possibility...and you actually know the guy ..questions are fine...but, when the first thing they say to me is : How big are your boobs , or do you swallow?...yeah, they are looking for a relationship...sure they are...

There is far more to me than my sexual function...and if the first things that a man asks me are about what I will do for him...not the kind of all encompassing, sharing relationship I am looking for...

I wonder how most men would react if the first questions I asked them were about commitment, marriage, emotional bonding..etc? Or, even better..how much money do you make? That is no different guys...entitlement, or looking for what the other will do for you, is neither a good quality, nor the basis for a good relationship.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/24/2009 11:34:22 PM

And you ask these questions in the first conversation you have with her? Trust me, you don't date or talk online to men...you are obviously an exception...if you do that..and I'm surprised you have much success with it...

And the only reason you married her is because she answered your sex questions the right way?..sheesh...if I knew this, I could have married quite a few men then...lol..

When there gets to a point where a relationship is a possibility...and you actually know the guy ..questions are fine...but, when the first thing they say to me is : How big are your boobs , or do you swallow?...yeah, they are looking for a relationship...sure they are...

There is far more to me than my sexual function...and if the first things that a man asks me are about what I will do for him...not the kind of all encompassing, sharing relationship I am looking for...

I wonder how most men would react if the first questions I asked them were about commitment, marriage, emotional bonding..etc? Or, even better..how much money do you make? That is no different guys...entitlement, or looking for what the other will do for you, is neither a good quality, nor the basis for a good relationship.

GO GO terrible reading comprehension! (seriously... school is that way --->)

I am going to talk to you like a small child. I think that it would help.

I did not say that I married the pretty lady because she answered my questions, sweetie. I said that I asked her those questions, and I ended up marrying her, so that is one instance of proof that a man who asks personal questions is not just out to get laid.

See? Wasn't that easy? Let's try that again!

/sarcasm off.

Also, the OP never said that these questions were asked in the first convo. She said, "when first getting to know a guy." This could mean in the first month or two.

I used to ask these questions in the first or second convo. Now I generally wait a few weeks.

Once again, I am a serious relationship guy. I don't want to waste my time or hers if she is not compatible with me. I refuse to waste any more of my life on 2 month relationship hell.

Hey ladies, furnish the transportation, gas...pay for my entertainment, dinners...open doors and pull out chairs for me, bring me flowers....modify your schedule to suit mine, and the only question I will ever ask you is this......When can we do this again?

I could not agree more.
 brendantime
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/25/2009 6:28:22 AM
What else are we supposed to ask?
 zangie
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:51:44 AM

I am going to talk to you like a small child. I think that it would help.

Oh , for pete's sake..insulting me is the only response ya got?

I understood perfectly what you said...it was sarcasm on my part...obviously you missed that...I didn't read a thing into what you said..I asked you to clarify, and with a skeptical tone ( which , granted is a subtle thing in print..but, being as you keep saying how smart you are , I'd have thought you would pick up on that?)

If you can't reply in an intelligent manner ( without insults and condescension) , then who is behaving like a small child?

First getting to know someone, I would translate as first , second conversation...I think her implied ( though I know this is an assumption) thought was when you first get talking to a guy..and the reason I think this is because most reasonable women, once they know someone and are comfortable, don't have a problem having adult conversations..it's the fact that this is a complete stranger that usually bugs us most..and that it has happened quite a bit with the first contacts, especially on IM....
 zangie
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 10:03:36 AM

Can't resist giving you girls the truth on this one:

Do you understand the meaning of the phrase "a few extra pounds"?

Are you taking any medications, and if not should you be?

Sixteen times during the first couple conversations isn't enough, can you ask me again in some way if I'm only out for sex?

Would you like to tell me now about what he did and how badly he hurt you, or will you be mentioning it at random intervals?

Who's truth?

Yes.
No & No
Never asked..I can usually tell pretty easily.
I don't usually talk about exes when first getting to know someone, except in a general way, or if I am asked a specific question..however, even if I did..I am neither bitter or angry about any one guy, or men in general...just have a clear idea of what I find acceptable, and what I don't.

As you obviously can't relate to what I am saying, I can't relate to what you are saying...

Maybe just a male/female experience difference.

Doesn't make either one invalid....
 bear_on_patrol
Msg: 101
Posted: 8/25/2009 7:47:40 PM
NightHawk2005 I think you have a good understanding of what a relationship with a woman is at your young age. Your are obviously after a woman's heart not her boobs and I think that a fulfilling and long lasting relationship should not be about sizes of body parts and common interest in fetishes.
 zangie
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 8:02:59 PM

do you girls really get these questions as yo're talking to someone on here

All the time, especially in first emails or first IM conversations...sometimes, if they are smarter, they may save it for the first meet/date...lol...
 stevelfun
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/26/2009 6:21:58 AM
I figure the answers to all/most of those questions will get answered the 'first time' you are together.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/26/2009 11:51:57 AM

I figure the answers to all/most of those questions will get answered the 'first time' you are together.

Some of us don't want to add another notch to the bedpost, generally after time and money spent on dating just to discover that someone is not sexually compatible with us.

/epic fail

I for one would prefer not to have to fukc half the world just to find a compatible partner.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/26/2009 6:36:17 PM
^^^ Very nicely put.

It seems like the wiser ladies are the ones who understand this issue.

And explain the logic in a way that... quite frankly, I am ill suited to attempt.

lol
 MsMicki
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2009 7:26:03 PM
actually 8sf8, I think you summed it up quite nicely with this comment.

I for one would prefer not to have to fukc half the world just to find a compatible partner.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >