Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mobiledj
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Hot enough for ya?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
How hot is it, well I was watching my tv last night and suddenly a warning flashed up on my screen " Temperature is too hot"
 Merrylass
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 7/30/2009 1:58:09 PM

Today was officially the hottest day ever recorded in Vancouver, at 33.8 C

Wimps! It was 35 in Victoria.

Folks east of here deal with this weather a few weeks at least every year. It's not that bad!

My 'keep cool' tip, imported from the East just for you: take showers. Not hot, not cold, but cool; turn on the cold first and add just enough warm so it doesn't shock you when you get in. When you get out, don't dry off. Dab the biggest drips so you don't leave puddles as you walk around and then air dry. The evaporation of the water will cool you off for quite a while. When I lived in homes w/o air con back East, this shower trick would cool me long enough to get to sleep at night.
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 49
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 7/30/2009 2:06:08 PM
We have a haze in Vancouver. They tell us that is smoke from the forest fires. However, I think it is smog and a little bit of smoke. I heard that hospital visits due to respiratory and heat issues have increased.

I am okay with the bad air and the humidity. The heat bugs me though. I like the idea of putting moisturizer in the fridge. You could also use those ice bags that you use when you have an injury or a bag of peas wrapped in a towel and sleep with it like a teddy bear. It wouldn't work for me because I am like the woman in the Princess in the Pea. Okay, kidding, I do not want to hear about how I am a narcissist again.
 HORSELADY3
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 7/30/2009 3:45:46 PM
Yup its hot alrighty!45 c here and I cant wait to go to work in the fridge! Hardest part is getting to work (wearing my jeans)with my 4-60 air conditioning! It only works on open road so get outta my way!! 4-60 air conditioning??? 4 open windows going 60 miles /hour!!Sheeeeeeeesh its DANG hot!!
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 56
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 7/30/2009 6:31:51 PM
Could have been spontaneous combustion, Houston!

We have some serious problems. Now, there is a big fire on Blackcomb. Everyone did get off of both mountains. The fire is 75 hectares now and 0 percent contained. It is a category 4 fire. Good news --- the rain is falling now.

Also, you are not imagining the heat. We have broken heat record for the hottest day on record. First, we broke it yesterday and today, we broke yesterday`s record.
 Lone_Stranger
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 8/1/2009 7:19:08 AM
I remember in May wondering when we'll start getting nice, warm weather and thinking........this better be a long, hot summer, to make up for the crappy winter we had.
I guess we should be careful what we wish for.

The hottest I've seen was in Kamloops over 20 years ago, it was 115 F.
thats about 47 C
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 63
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 8/1/2009 3:04:29 PM
Things are definitely improving! The heat wave rages on with less severity. There is a big difference between 34 degrees and 27 degrees. I feel whatever sanity I had slowly coming back to me.

Sweet Jane
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 64
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 8/1/2009 5:37:25 PM
The heat wave has obviously cooked some peoples' eggs. Probably on their neighbour's porches even. Wouldn't wanna live next to THAT. Let's just hope for the poor neighbour's sake that there is no gun in the house during the fireworks tonight...some people can be so jealous of others who have real lives...

You read my journal! I am so touched. Did you leave a comment?

It's hot and tempers are quick, including my own, but we heal. I cannot wait until I can close my windows so I do not have to listen to my neighbours. It has been a challenge.

Sweet Jane

Walts
Msg: 66
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 8/2/2009 5:50:23 AM
Okay,,,,everyone,,,,repeat after me,,,, "It's not the heat,,,it's the humidity!!!". Most Ontario transplants still have this saying imbended in their head,,,put some of you BCers will have start learning it for a week or two each year. You'll also learn that there is not much you can do when the temps start getting into that 35 degree mark other than take off your clothes,,,grin and bare it,,,,lol. The "baring" part is the added bonus for those that needed to be told.
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 67
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 8/2/2009 2:54:14 PM
August 2nd and some of the leaves on the trees are turning colours and falling. Now that sucks for various reasons.

I like the autumn leaf show to be in autumn when the weather is cooler. To me it is the nicest time of year. I suppose this is small upset when one considers entire forests are being burned to the ground.

Sweet Jane

Yup, it is still too hot or humid for me.
 You go first
Msg: 69
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 8/2/2009 5:11:13 PM
Out for a beautiful drive to Hell's Gate today and watched the river(s) at the side of the road longingly... considering getting my fishing licence again so I'll have an excuse to stand in the water up to my ribs ..... Air was still hot as hell, but it was dry and a wind was blowing. What a difference.

Next PoF event at Walts' place, clothing optional?
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 70
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 8/2/2009 9:57:20 PM
Well, to be truthful, I do not really understand how humid feels. I think it might be how things feel in a steam room.

It is still to frigging hot. A good deal of the province is on fire. It reminds me of that song from down under about the land of thunder and how can we sleep when are beds our on fire?

We are now at 700 fires.

For those of you who have been evacuated or are close to someone who has, please know that you are in my and many other peoples prayers and thoughts.
 You go first
Msg: 71
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 8/3/2009 9:53:22 AM
Got this in my email today....

May 30th:
Just moved to THE SUNNY OKANAGAN. NOW THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIVE ...
Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! It is beautiful.
I've finally found my home. I love it here.

June 14th:
Really heating up. Got to 30 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshipper.

June 30th:
Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 10th:
The temperature hasn't been below 30 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer that I expected.

July 15th:
Fell asleep by the community pool. Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20th:
I missed Lomita (my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car at noon, Lomita had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag
and stunk up the upholstery. The car now smells like Kibbles and shits. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat.

July 25th:
The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the Fritz and the A/C repairman charged $200 just to
drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.

July 30th:
Been sleeping outside on the patio for 3 nights now. $500,000 house and I can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

Aug. 4th:
Its 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to 20. I hate this stupid city.

Aug. 8th:
If another wise-ass cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to strangle him. Damn heat. By the time I get to work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes were soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!

Aug. 9th:
Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and when I sat on the seats in the car, I thought my ass was on fire. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and ass. Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried ass, and baked cat.

Aug. 10th:
The weather report might as well be a damn recording. Hot and sunny! Hot and sunny!
Hot and sunny! It's been too hot to do shit for 2 damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn desert??
Water rationing will be next, so my $1700 worth of cactus will just dry up and blow over. Even the cactus can't live in this damn heat.

Aug. 14th:
Welcome to HELL!!! Temperature got to 40 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the damn windshield out of the car. The installer came to fix it and said, 'Hot enough for you today?' My sister had to spend $1500 to bail me out of jail.

Freaking OKANAGAN!! What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here??
Will write later to let you know how the trial went.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 8/3/2009 10:14:03 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Nuff Said Eh!

Hot enuf for me babe!

I just know we will be complaining come December when we have our annual 1'' of snow here on the lower mainland....followed by the freak snowstorm that will strand us on keep Festivus shopping days!

My kids discovered swimming in our backyard up in Lynn Canyon this week....and they love it up there... tons of seniors seeking shade and families having picnics, the best place about to cool off on these hot days....plenty of shade and pools to splash about in.
It seems that it is no longer a secret spot for locals only anymore.
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 74
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 8/4/2009 5:11:39 PM
Yes, my cousin drowned in Lynn Canyon. Too many lives have been lost there and usually those of people far too young to die.

Finally, the temperature is where I like it. I do not care for the grey skies but this is so much better than it was.

Now, those nasty fires just have to be put out.
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 79
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 8/10/2009 6:02:17 PM
A couple of weeks ago we had temperatures almost double of what we have this week. However, do not put away the shorts yet, the weather forecast has some sizzle in it next week. The rain is a nice break.

Sweet Jane
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 85
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 8/11/2009 6:26:10 PM
Today, I bought a second fan at Home Depot. I got a really good price on it. I hear that it could be going up to 30 degrees next week. Sorry, I do not know about the humidity.
I am not taking any chances with this weather. It can no longer be trusted. Anything can happen.
 wildlilpony
Msg: 95
Hot enough for ya?
Posted: 5/28/2012 4:13:05 AM
Goodmoanin Whiskey woman ya like some good Moonshine? 2289346085 jroc
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >