Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > A Ban on organs donated to NHS being used for non NHS patients ..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 try1more
Msg: 7
view profile
History
A Ban on organs donated to NHS being used for non NHS patients ..Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
kh:
your a pain. i dont know why but i just had to look into this a bit deeper.
i pretty much read the act cover to cover. and as you might expect it really only concerns itself with right of procurement not who gets what or why.
and i think that your slating of elizabeth buggins was a bit unjustified as well.
as chair of the organ donation taskforce she rejected the "presumed consent" proposal.
not what you would expect from someone that wants to increase the available organs.
as far as helping other eu countries improve their tech, from all i've read we could learn a hell of a lot from the spanish.
although the act could be responsible for the scrapping of good organs, since it allows preserving of organs while seeking consent.
if they dont get the consent they cannot be used, however good they may be.
the act also makes it illegal to profit from the sale of organs. it only allows reimbursment of the costs of getting them.

sorry mate but i think you've got it wrong.
convince me otherwise.

the human tissue act can be read here

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2004/ukpga_20040030_en_1

task force rejection of presumed consent article here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7729009.stm

something thats a bit disturbing in all this, is that no one has seen fit to mention, that it doesn't matter a damn how many organs you have on the shelf. if you dont get a tissue match. thats the end of it.

banning private ops may not be the best solution and could lead to more organs being scrapped.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > A Ban on organs donated to NHS being used for non NHS patients ..