Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Baggage and the carry-on limit      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Twisted Sister
Msg: 75
Baggage and the carry-on limitPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Actually, I am not sure if any of you have ever read the "how to get your ex back" books? But they all say the same thing. Start dating others. She is really reacting like the "classic text book case". Now that he has moved on she wants him back? Or is it a case of: I don't want you but I don't want you with anyone else?

OP, go back and read my previous post. I think I nailed her motives pretty well. Many years ago, when I was very shy, I used to people-watch. It was a blessing in disguise, as I have learned to read people pretty well (even those I've never even met), based on their behaviour.
 Seven1234
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Baggage and the carry-on limit
Posted: 8/12/2009 4:24:27 PM
Sis: You nailed it!

*hugs*

L
 Seven1234
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2009 9:15:44 PM
I promised ya'll updates, so here it is:

Not much has happened. I find myself ****ing about his ex, because she doesn't leave him alone. To the point that she is "inventing" stories. BTW: I have no proof of this.Regardless, he is a great guy still, but, I think I am done:
Stick a fork in me!
I can't compete with a ghost
We're still getting along, having a great relatioship, but she is still haunting us......At this point......Maybe it will stop?
 andserendipity
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2009 10:22:18 PM
OP, hope so.... wonder what you mean by "haunting"?

any chance you and he can get away for a week or more together, away from all this? just sometimes that can help to clarify... IMO.

sad when a third party interferes with a relationship. hope it works out...
 Seven1234
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2009 10:34:34 PM
Gawd Girl: The woman does not leave us alone! She is all about, wanting to be involved with him, without the emotional involvement. I realize thats hard to accept, but, its the way it is, apparently. Have to read from the beginning....
 daffie
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/11/2009 1:26:33 AM
he's a wussy.....
sounds to me as if he's loving the adoration from two women.

if he was really fair-dinkum about letting go of his past and moving on with you he wouldn't be so accomodating to the wishes and whims of an ex.....

end of story.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/11/2009 1:31:06 AM
^^^I agree. What's his issue?
Maybe you can take her aside and tell her to go far away? It's a thought..
 daffie
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/11/2009 1:49:58 AM
you know what ffs?.....

i wouldn't be bothered even doing that.

i haven't argued over a man since i was a teenager.....

in case you're interested .....i won that, then married him.....

like i said,
he's a wuss.....
so i wouldn't want him anyway!
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 83
Posted: 9/11/2009 1:56:23 AM
^^^you're right, daffie. It's demeaning to argue over a man.
OP, drop the dude!
daffie's right - he's a big wuss who's too scared to tell her to go away and leave you both alone. Or he doesn't want to - both yuck.
 Seven1234
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 2:58:07 AM
You have no idea! He has asked me repeatedly what it is I want. I tell him succinctly: Tell her: "I'm dating someone and I want to move on". This should not be rocket surgery.....*grin*
Too bad, because I know he thinks he is ready. He's a great guy! But who can move on when your ex won't leave you alone?

Have to admit, I am having trouble leaving it alone also, as she is always there.....Maybe if I was able to get past it?

Saw it coming a mile away

L
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/11/2009 3:17:58 AM
Next time he asks you what you want, tell him "Either you end it with your ex or I'm gone".
He'll probably try to talk you out of it. If he does, end it.
Actually, just end it. Unless you like the drama, which I think you might...
 Seven1234
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 3:21:18 AM
I wish I was into drama! Then this situation would be perfect! *grin*
 MizBexReturns
Msg: 87
Posted: 9/11/2009 7:51:49 AM
Yeah, I have a big problem with Whack A Doo ex's. I also won't date a man who pays alimony (Child support, absolutely, but not alimony).

There was a little bit of this with the last man I dated, he couldn't wait to put my picture on his desk so she would see it when she picked up her mail. But here is the thing the only one who can rid of this ex is your boyfriend and if he won't he might have to become YOUR ex.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Baggage and the carry-on limit