Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Health issues and finding a partner at our age      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 101
Health issues and finding a partner at our agePage 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

IF the person *wants* to do something about it. But I know peeps of both the feminine persuasion and the masculine one who seem to be resigned, content, and in some cases absolutely delighted, not to have to have anything to do wit' dat bidness any more. It's surely not me, nor obviously most here, but it seems to me to be a large and growing cohort.

Oh I know a few that are also resigned as well and appear delighted at their decision. However even that can change as I have seen it happen.. I agree that it does seem to more common today that I believe it was years ago.

If not interested indeed be upfront about it.. but consider that not written in stone either. Tomorrow can be a new day and feelings can and do change.

thecatsmeoww
 cotter
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Health issues and finding a partner at our age
Posted: 8/9/2009 2:08:39 AM

I am curious about the urethra comment, as the purpose of it is to urinate. I don't understand the comment about drying to that point. It is my understanding that vaginal dryness would effect the whole vagina and not start one area and stop another.

I have also never heard of AV. I thought that was a joke, something someone made up. I didn't google it, but since I am posting, please explain that. I can see muscles atrophying, but a vagina???

As we age, the pelvic floor muscles weaken, shrink and atrophy from disuse. If not in an active relatioship important to work those muscles!!!
Sigh ... once again, vaginal atrophy has to do with mucous membranes drying out (NOT muscle tissue) ... which is a result of lack of hormones causing the mucous membranes to dry up ... and the urethra is included in that. That's why I posted that ... "often the atrophy spreads to the urethral area" ... because it does and when the urethra atrophies (shrivels up) it's obviously going to affect your ability to urinate (empty the bladder).

Sorry, no amount of those "cute" muscle exercises will affect the "mucous membranes" that are affected by the lack of hormones in our bodies after menopause. No amount of those "cute" muscle exercises keeps mucous membranes from drying up if the hormones are not present.

http://www.micronutra.com/journal/ed/overweight-men-are-more-likely-to-have-ed
Overweight Men Are More Likely to Have ED

Eighty percent of men with ED are either overweight or obese. While this may be due in part to the elevated risk of high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, and diabetes, the relationship between overweight and ED holds true even in otherwise healthy individuals.

One theory is that the disruption of hormonal balance that occurs as a result of obesity may cause insufficient androgens (testosterone and related molecules) to be available to achieve or sustain an erection. Another theory posits that the elevated oxidative stress and resultant chronic inflammation caused by obesity may damage the cells lining the blood vessels, known as endothelials. These damaged cells then contribute to the development of ED.

The Benefits of Exercise

Population rates for ED begin to go up by about five percent a year after the age of forty-five. However, in men who exercise regularly, there is a ten-year delay in the onset of ED. This prompted researchers to examine the possibility of exercise reversing the effects of ED.

Working with men who were overweight or obese and had ED, but no other health problems, researchers found that losing weight through diet and exercise helped restore erectile function.

In one out of every three participants, a ten percent weight reduction was all it took to completely restore erectile function. The rest of the men only saw improvements following more significant weight loss, but in the end, all the participants noted a positive impact on their erectile health once they lost weight.

http://www.howtogetsixpack.com/stomach-fat-problems.html
Stomach Fat Risks for Men and Women

It is commonly considered that men are at greater risk of health problems related to belly fat since men tend to collect more abdominal fat than women.

Some studies suggest that men have more coronary disease than women and those who have excess stomach fat are most at risk for the so called "all-cause mortality" (that is early death from any cause). Erectile dysfunction is also considered to be related to excess abdominal fat.
So guys ... try your best to keep off the belly fat!!!!!

OT ...
The first few dates are not the setting for discussing things as above with a perspective partner, but even the fact that we may at some point need to have that discussion, should cause us to take note and just not let it come to that.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/9/2009 5:11:36 AM

Which means your Estrogen levels were probably bottoming out and that's what causes the vaginal dryness and then the atrophy also sets in. As I said above, women have a chance of reversing it in a variety of ways, but often the atrophy spreads to the urethral area and that damage cannot be undone.

Interesting.. not sure how I reversed it other than eating a very healthy diet and doing my excercises.. At any rate glad I managed to without taking any hormones.

thecatsmeoww
 RenaissanceMan1950
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/9/2009 5:41:15 AM
While it may be "interesting" to some to dissect the reasons that some people become sexually dysfunctional, that's not really the topic.

The topic was about how health issues affect choosing someone to start dating in the first place. While there are some on here, who post as if they were Mother Teresa, and it all sounds wonderful and "politically correct", I have to wonder how many people actually would choose to begin with someone with a serious health issue.

I know that I wouldn't begin something new with someone, who has a serious health issue that affects her ability to function in a relationship. That would include sexual dysfunction, but there are a lot of other things too. I would not start dating someone with a terminal cancer, as an example. I have dated cancer survivors, though, who were in remission. I wouldn't start dating someone with a serious disability, and I try really hard not to date someone who has a serious mental or emotional disorder, although it has happened.

Being a friend to someone, who has a serious health issue? Sure, I'd do that. I could imagine being a "pen pal" with a lonely woman, who has a terminal diagnosis. I think remaining in a relationship, if someone you're already involved with suddenly comes down with a disease or suffers a disability. You're already attached at that point. But, to begin something new....no way.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/9/2009 7:28:06 AM

Sorry, no amount of those "cute" muscle exercises will affect the "mucous membranes" that are affected by the lack of hormones in our bodies after menopause. No amount of those "cute" muscle exercises keeps mucous membranes from drying up if the hormones are not present.

No but making dishes using Flax seed sure will. I finally found the answer and I had a gut feeling it had to do with my diet.
Flax seed: Helps with vaginal dryness and the overall environment of your vagina. I make crusts out of flax seed, I also use it as a breading on some of my veggie dishes..

Too often we find out some of these hormones cause cancer a more holistic approach in my books is far safer and you can reap the benefits..

thecatsmeoww
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/9/2009 7:30:57 AM

While it may be "interesting" to some to dissect the reasons that some people become sexually dysfunctional, that's not really the topic.

As far as my understand of this thread goes we are discussing health issues as well as finding a partner at our age. There has been a lot of good input on this thread as far as being helpful to those that may or may not be experiencing problems. It certainly has motivated me to look more into topics that I might not have otherwise.

thecatsmeoww
 eschec mat
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/9/2009 7:34:18 AM
Cotter thank you for explaining that. Thank you cat also. I am not even pre peri according to my doctor ie still on bcp's. But ya know my bf is 10 years younger, so figure I should be having sex for some time and really never heard of the atrophy before. It isn't something ever discussed as far as I have seen. This is a health issue and it would be important to discuss with someone you are involved with and seems it is totally on topic. Getting a bit tired of reading people stating that their comments that are off topic about weather or old outdated theories in other threads are ok to be off topic but they complain about a thread about health issues where a health matter is being fully described is off topic. I think any health issue discussed in this thread to be totally on topic, because that explains why and when you might discuss it with a partner. geez...

On another thread I mentioned that I learn from these threads. I know my doctor never brought this up and still hasn't given me any information about pre or peri menopause. I know I'm not there, but gosh, these are things we need to know about and as it can effect our partner, seems they are important topics to learn about the same as ED.

Recently I was reading about abdominal fat because there is a thread about beer bellies. Fat is fat, but abdominal fat is really bad. Abdominal fat is visceral fat. Visceral fat cells release their metabolic products directly into the blood, so free fatty acids from visceral fat accumulate in the liver and other organs. This impairs the body’s regulation of insulin, blood sugar, and cholesterol and leads to heart problems. Of course ED is a side effect. I say I won't go out with a guy that has a belly any more, it seems that I was correct about the connection between the possibility of poor health and abdominal fat. The belly is a bit more obvious than the women's atrophy problem.

I also noted that there is a misconception that having a belly and being thin isn't a problem, it is also.

I think we should all be born with personal trainers so that we can work on our problem areas...in my dreams.

I am glad that I don't have to have another talk about my challenges with another date, hopefully ever. Now if I could get the jerks that think they are parking police to back off with their looks, unappreciated questions/nosy questions, and obnoxious comments.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/9/2009 7:46:11 AM
Vaginal Dryness

Black cohosh
Used for relief from vaginal dryness and hot flushes.

Wild and Mexican yam:
Helps with hormonal imbalance since they present estrogenic and progestational properties.

Many women respond very well to daily intake of whole soy foods, which are high in isoflavones and lignans known to be helpful for vaginal dryness. One particularly good option is Revival Soy.
While soy and flaxseed contain some of the highest levels of phytonutrients helpful for vaginal dryness, there are many other foods that contain phytoestrogens which, by mimicking the body’s natural estrogens, serve as a buffer when levels fluctuate. Adding these foods to your diet could give you the extra little hormone boost you need. Foods high in phytoestrogens include soy, other legumes, nuts, apples, celery, cherries, flaxseed, and many more. As always, eating a diet rich and varied in plant foods helps balance your hormones, and it’s one of the easiest ways to treat vaginal dryness!

Giving your body the highest level of nutritional support available is always a good idea, no matter what symptoms you’re experiencing. Your body simply cannot function
normally or heal itself without the necessary ingredients. In the case of vaginal dryness, vitamin A, beta carotene, and B vitamins are particularly helpful. We know also that
omega-3 essential fatty acids support healthy cell membranes and hormonal balance.

Bingo bingo bingo

thecatsmeoww
 cotter
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 12:18:54 PM
Alrighty then ... "cat" ... great post.

I do believe that between the two of us we are helping a lot of women (who may be reading but just not posting) about something that should concern us because apparently it also concerns our partners when they want sex and we just don't feel like it ... for whatever reason.

I know that's not a problem with me as I have been on my HRT since 1985 when I had to have my hysterectomy and had no choice but to have the HRT. Since the presence of Estrogen in our bodies also keeps us from soaking the calcium OUT of our bones (later in life), we actually need to find some way to maintain Estrogen levels ... whether by tablet form or holistically with the things mentioned in the above post.

A lot of women don't realize that the loss of Estrogen contributes to Osteoporosis, but also brittle bones which means you could break an ankle or foot just by jumping down too hard on your foot ... even stepping off a curb the wrong way.

http://www.sheknows.com/articles/806892.htm

Women/Post-menopausal women
:
Females are born with smaller, less dense bones than men, and recent studies suggest adult females only get half of their RDA of calcium. It’s also known that estrogen helps protect bones from calcium loss, meaning that after menopause, low estrogen levels leave women even more vulnerable to calcium loss.

Finding a way to add Calcium and Vitamin D to your diet as well as the exercises that cat has been encouraging ... will maintain bones ... help you avoid getting that stooped over look as well ... makes us more appealing to men as we age.
 RenaissanceMan1950
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/9/2009 12:26:25 PM
Is this the gynecology thread? Just asking.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 1:11:03 PM
I sure don't mention health issues ... I mean ... I ASSUME there will be SOME health issues at our decrepit advanced ages!

but for an opening ... I don't intend to LEAD with health issues ... now ... if he looks like a KEEPER ... THEN I'd be interested in knowing potential health issues ... if we're thinking a more physical relationship, I'd CERTAINLY want to know about any potential STDs !!! or any other communicable illness!

I had a "meet/greet" with a man who looked considerably older than his photo ... whose profile INSISTED and, in person, he ASSURED me repeatedly that he was in "Perfect Health" ... while intermittently drowsing off to sleep ... after a minute or three, he'd rouse himself and act as tho there'd been no interruption in the conversation ... once, he almost fell into his food ... so he's PROBABLY not a keeper ... there's no reason to discuss health issues with someone like this cuz ... 1st off, he lies ... and 2ndly, I don't CARE ... because he lies ...

I'm looking to find someone with whom I can have a magical connection ... I don't ANTICIPATE that ... but I'm not gonna water down any potential magic by discussing health issues!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 1:22:17 PM
I sure don't mention health issues ... I mean ... I ASSUME there will be SOME health issues at our decrepit advanced ages!

but for an opening ... I don't intend to LEAD with health issues ... now ... if he looks like a KEEPER ... THEN I'd be interested in knowing potential health issues ... if we're thinking a more physical relationship, I'd CERTAINLY want to know about any potential STDs !!! or any other communicable illness!

I had a "meet/greet" with a man who looked considerably older than his photo ... whose profile INSISTED and, in person, he ASSURED me repeatedly that he was in "Perfect Health" ... while intermittently drowsing off to sleep ... after a minute or three, he'd rouse himself and act as tho there'd been no interruption in the conversation ... once, he almost fell into his food ... so he's PROBABLY not a keeper ... there's no reason to discuss health issues with someone like this cuz ... 1st off, he lies ... and 2ndly, I don't CARE ... because he lies ...

P.S. answering the original post here, not the ones about vaginal dryness, etc ... not that they're not interesting ... they are!
I'm looking to find someone with whom I can have a magical connection ... I don't ANTICIPATE that ... but I'm not gonna water down any potential magic by discussing health issues!
 RenaissanceMan1950
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/9/2009 1:27:03 PM

. I ASSUME there will be SOME health issues at our decrepit advanced ages!

The following is a complete list of my health issues:

I don't think that being in one's late 50's means that one should assume "health issues". I am on no prescription drugs, and other than a rare "ache" or "pain", don't feel much different than I did at 30. In fact, I weigh what I did at 30, have the same amount of hair on my head, etc..
 eschec mat
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/9/2009 1:42:14 PM
Oh don't forget that muscle does decrease as we get older, so weight isn't an accurate measure of your health and fitness. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you loose muscle and gain fat, you actually gain more fat. And if you saw my post above, it doesn't matter how thin you are, if you have belly fat, you could have problems.

I am sure you do go to the doctor regularly and get all the necessary tests including STD testing. I wish I was as lucky as you Ren!

Personally I wish I didn't have to go to the doctor every 6 months. But I guess keeping my cholesterol in check will be a life long struggle as I don't want to go back on meds. I see the problems my big bro faces/has and the medication he takes at 52. I don't want that to be me.

Thanks again about the post about menopause etc. because I can't do weight bearing and probably should ask my dr. how much calcium supplement I should take now.

To me telling my bf about my cholesterol and watching my diet is important/was because he is a good cook, but he never has had to watch oils, butters, etc.

EDIT TO BELOW: You missed my " I wish I was as lucky as you Ren!" I am sure many people wish they didn't have to worry about talking to someone before you meet about health issues.
 RenaissanceMan1950
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/9/2009 1:49:17 PM

Oh don't forget that muscle does decrease as we get older, so weight isn't an accurate measure of your health and fitness. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you loose muscle and gain fat, you actually gain more fat. And if you saw my post above, it doesn't matter how thin you are, if you have belly fat, you could have problems.

I am sure you do go to the doctor regularly and get all the necessary tests including STD testing.

No, I'm not as toned as I was as a Varsity athlete in high school, but I do floor exercises and hand weights, so as to maintain some abdominal and bicep muscles. So, if not having "6 pack abs" is a health issue, then "guilty". I have a 33" waist, and a 32" inseam, so I am striving for a 32" waist. I never claimed "perfection", merely good general health.

I do go to the doctor for an annual check up, and my cholesterol is fine. I am also tested annually for STDs, just to be on the safe side. I don't go every 6 months, and I rarely get sick, so it is just that one time a year.

I'm not an atypical 59 year old man. Most people, who make any effort to stay in shape, are reasonably healthy. I don't ask for anything that I don't bring to the table as part of my "offer".
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/9/2009 2:15:03 PM

Women/Post-menopausal women:
Females are born with smaller, less dense bones than men, and recent studies suggest adult females only get half of their RDA of calcium. It’s also known that estrogen helps protect bones from calcium loss, meaning that after menopause, low estrogen levels leave women even more vulnerable to calcium loss.

Finding a way to add Calcium and Vitamin D to your diet as well as the exercises that cat has been encouraging ... will maintain bones ... help you avoid getting that stooped over look as well ... makes us more appealing to men as we age.

I have been post- menopausual for 20 plus years now.. it is hard to believe it has been that long.. I actually had to help my mother when she was going through it. I have also been eating a very healthy diet for about 20 years now. I can't stress the importance of it little to do with looks but for you general well being and health.

Although I myself do take vitamins I do realize they are never as good as eating the real food. Some say they are not effective at all and not to even bother with them. Nothing that is synthesized is ever as good as the real deal.

I have never suffered a broken a bone in my life and do not expect to..

thecatsmeoww
 RenaissanceMan1950
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/9/2009 2:25:07 PM

Although I myself do take vitamins I do realize they are never as good as eating the real food. Some say they are not effective at all and not to even bother with them. Nothing that is synthesized is ever as good as the real deal.

While the "real deal" is preferable, to get all the nutrients you really need would require a lot of calories, and be counter productive to maintaining a healthy weight, unless one spends all his/her time doing menu planning. I take supplements, and have had a grand total of 3 sick days in the last 10 years. I am reasonably sure that taking a good vitamin/mineral supplement has something to do with that.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/9/2009 3:01:09 PM

While the "real deal" is preferable, to get all the nutrients you really need would require a lot of calories..

You have to make sure the food you were eating is very rich in nutrients. Nutrient density is a measure of the amount of nutrients a food contains in comparison to the number of calories. By eating healthy foods, you'll get all the essential nutrients that you need for excellent health, including vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, essential fatty acids, fiber and more for the least number of calories. Preferable is half if not more of your daily food intake is in the form of raw food.

So my answer is no you would not be over the top with you daily caloric intake. Most people are overweight because they are eating processed junk food with little value.

You are way better off eating the real deal than relying on vitamins.. which may or may not be as effective..

thecatsmeoww
 cotter
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 4:17:07 PM

...but for an opening ... I don't intend to LEAD with health issues
Molly ... no one is promoting the idea of "spilling the beans" on all the health issues on the meet-n-greet.

I only get into such detail when I think I'm going to be giving a man my undivided attention. Before that, I don't expect a lot of details from him and don't feel the need to share details either ... although, with me there isn't much to tell.

Gee "R" man ... back to testing for STD's on a regular basis? Sigh. Get those ladies tested before you get your dipstick wet!!!! Besides, I thought I read in a thread (a while back) that you were dating the girl of your dreams and she was quite a bit younger than you and you were keeping up quite well sexually too. I guess nothing is forever ... eh?

Anyways ...
I don't ask for anything that I don't bring to the table as part of my "offer".
Exactly ... that's my idea too. I want to at least start out on some sort of equal grounds with a partner. Once there's a commitment, and something might happen, I know I would not abandon my partner ... that's just not the way I am.

And as "eschec" has mentioned ... I really just have no desire to be with a man who is carrying around a big belly. Some (and it's really evident in their pictures) who write that their weight is "Average" ... really need to write "Average ... with a 50 - 75 lb. gut". That would be more realistic.
 RenaissanceMan1950
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/9/2009 4:22:13 PM
! Besides, I thought I read in a thread (a while back) that you were dating the girl of your dreams and she was quite a bit younger than you and you were keeping up quite well sexually too. I guess nothing is forever ... eh?

Whatever you interpreted in that way has to go back to the previous iteration of this sn. I was in a relationship last year, that ended in February. No, nothing is forever, but life goes on. What does that have to do with the topic?

Gee "R" man ... back to testing for STD's on a regular basis? Sigh. Get those ladies tested before you get your dipstick wet!!!!

The likelihood of STDs with middle class, heterosexual, non IV drug using,and non promiscuous adults is very, very minor. Still, when having my annual checkup, I do have them run the tests. Most years I've had only one partner. I'm not paranoid about something that isn't among the top 100 leading causes of death, well below the likelihood of being struck by lightning, but I do err on the side of caution, since I'm having bloodwork done anyway. :)
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/9/2009 4:43:40 PM

Vaginal dryness and atrophy is NOT caused by "celibacy"

I forgot to add this!
There is evidence of the changes in hormones and body as a result of being sexually removed or inactive for a stretch of time. So yes this is a factor that can contribute..

thecatsmeoww
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 5:25:50 PM

Molly ... no one is promoting the idea of "spilling the beans" on all the health issues on the meet-n-greet.

I only get into such detail when I think I'm going to be giving a man my undivided attention. Before that, I don't expect a lot of details from him and don't feel the need to share details either ... although, with me there isn't much to tell.

I debated long and hard about revealing my malady in my profile. My first reaction was why bother saying anything because I am not looking for a relationship or marriage but rather friends to expand my social circle and my malady should not stand in the way of sharing a movie, a bite to eat, meet for coffee and so on. That thought came to a skreetching halt in February when a local male contacted me about one of my posts in the fora. He had read my "pre-revelation" profile and was interested in perhaps meeting up with me. Before responding to his e-mail, I read his profile only to discover that he had lost his wife to cancer and a certain amount of bitterness in that regard was evidenced in his profile. I felt a duty to advise him that I was currently experiencing cancer prior to us meeting as opposed to waiting to "surprise" him at the meet with my lovely shiny bald head. He responded by indicating that he had no intention of ever having to deal with anyone again who has cancer and that I could be dead before long. I might add, by viewing his posted picture, this man appeared to be carrying a great deal of excess weight and it did make me ponder whether he might be the one dead before long.

Lesson learned: It is now in my profile for all to read and I leave it to those who read it to decide if they wish to contact me or not. If nothing else, it automatically culls out the ones that I would have no interest in meeting.
 cotter
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 5:30:41 PM

There is evidence of the changes in hormones and body as a result of being sexually removed ...
Oh dear, looks like the Mayo Clinic is not yet aware of that information. Maybe it would be easier to convince us if you gave us a link as to where that information came from ... eh?

Meanwhile, from the Mayo Clinic ...
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vaginal-atrophy/DS00770/DSECTION=causes
Vaginal atrophy is caused by a loss of estrogen. Less circulating estrogen makes your vaginal tissues thinner, drier, less elastic and more fragile.

A drop in estrogen levels and vaginal atrophy may occur:

* After menopause
* During the years leading up to menopause (perimenopause)
* During breast-feeding
* After surgical removal of both ovaries (surgical menopause)
* After pelvic radiation therapy for cancer
* After chemotherapy for cancer
* As a side effect of breast cancer hormonal treatment

Vaginal atrophy due to menopause may begin to bother you during the years leading up to menopause (perimenopause), or it may not become a problem until several years into menopause. Although the condition is common, not all menopausal women develop vaginal atrophy. Regular sexual activity helps you maintain healthy vaginal tissues.
Unfortunately, it does not state that vaginal atrophy (which is vaginal dryness) is due to celibacy. I suppose one could eventually assume it's gonna be like it is for the men ... use it or lose it.

There IS however a problem for men if they don't use it ... the skin on their penis does atrophy and that is one of the causes for penile shrinkage. So let's hope the guys are taking care of business even if they don't have a partner ...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 5:54:20 PM
Tinkerbell ... you've taken the high ground ... which is admirable ...
 zigzagziggy
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/9/2009 5:59:05 PM
I love this subject, because I can tell it all. I am 45, on oxygen, and a big guy, as in heavy.
And I love the people who are looking for dates in our age group...selfish, pityful,pathetic and vainful people who the single thing they lust after most is a perfect body. And, I can now offer this to say......

I am 45, heavy, and on oxygen 99% of the time. My lungs are for the most part destroyed due to exposure to petrolium fumes while working unprotected in my job some years ago. But, when I go on a date with a woman, I really do not look for kickin' legs, or the perfect rack, or if a person goes to the gym 7 days a week to maintain their perfect body. If I do meet such a lady and have the oppertunity to date her, I am just thankful to be going on a date, period. I am retired. I do not work, but I do manage to make quite a living with some to spare.

I am on oxygen 99% of the time. My health requires it. I am big, and heavy. I have long hair and look like a biker. But, I am no couch potato. I play paintball on the weekends. I have a specially made chest rig made up to carry my oxygen tanks when I play. I work around the house.

Now the reason I mention those things is because I want to tell you this....when you look for a special someone, look deeper than the stereotype of what you are led to think people should look like. Because, a person may have health issues, they are still people. And, maybe, you just might find the "right" one!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Health issues and finding a partner at our age