Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 34
Why is it easier for women to move onPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
So agree with Larissan 04 my god girl u so exactly right that exactly what happend to me. He was sleeping with new girl just a few days later me 3 yrs I just stated dating about 6 mo ago
 wolfluvr1234
Msg: 35
Why is it easier for women to move on
Posted: 10/13/2012 4:59:26 AM
Countless boyfriends and contacts after a break up? I've never had that. Not all of us are miss popular on here. Anyone can arrange a hookup, it takes a lot more to have something meaningful. I don't consider tons of potential hookups positive attention by any means. I'd rather have one meaningful potential date than the perceived hundreds of emails and attention we supposedly get. I am only on here for the forums now-I absolutely don't want casual sex-it was posted in my profile, and the "attention" all came from guys looking for a quick lay.
It's never easy, period. I am too old to play games, and not interested in that anyway. I think we all need to get off here and live life anyway instead of b******* about it. I really would love one meaningful relationship-my hope of finding that is pretty much done.
 wolfluvr1234
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/13/2012 5:00:47 AM
And yes, I will agree-the "happy" women seen out in public is a whole different person in private. Nobody wants to be around debbie downer, so you do what you have to to flourish.
 urgal2416
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/13/2012 5:23:27 AM
I wish a man (or men) would chime in and give us their opinions on why they feel it is easier for men. Or if they moved on quick....... what was their thinking or in their hearts.......I'm very curious
 Walts
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/13/2012 8:21:18 AM

Cause they can't remember anything. I mean like, nuttin. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Nil. That is unless of course it has something to do with them and the potential to gain. :O
 JoeBnD
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/13/2012 10:45:59 PM
A man could walk into a pub with a woman and she could have 10 phone numbers before he'd even get a first name.

That's why it's easier. They can rebound with a simple phone call, if they chose, while he will probably have to spend a good deal more time trying to find someone new - days, weeks and even months for some guys.

That's not the sole reason, but it's certainly a major contributor.

Exactly, except you left out years and decades.

Oh good lord, I think women take it far worse then men do! Men seem to be like teflon. Nothing sticks to them, and they can break up with a woman and sleep with someone else a day later. Women can't do that. We women take months or even years to really get over a break up. Men, ha, they take like two minutes. I don't think men love the way women love. I don't think men bond the way women bond. I am sure that there are exceptions, but I have yet to meet one.

Well let's see. Her new lover spent the first night at her new rental home when we separated. Men take like two minutes? It has been over 6 years for me. You have met one now (online anyway).
 Octane_Rush
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:38:24 AM
Women have it WAY easier. They shouldn't even be allowed to complain.
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/14/2012 6:25:27 PM
Its not easy for a man or a women, when they been cheated on. Broken hearts happen to both.
For the people, who say, it easier for a women, because he can just walk into a store/bar, and walk out with a guy. Thats just funny as hell!!
Octane Rush> What are you, like 12? "Women shouldn't have to right to complain". When you grow up and become a man, you will learn that women, have ever right a man does.
 Octane_Rush
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/14/2012 6:31:10 PM
No; contrary, old enough to hear countless misguided grievances by women. Women don't get rejected; therefore, what reason have they to complain about the order of things?
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/14/2012 6:35:37 PM
What makes you think, women dont get rejected? If women didnt get rejected, why are they some many single women?
You think, men dont cheat on women? You dont think, we get our hearts broken?
 Dare to
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/19/2012 2:26:23 AM

Women have it WAY easier. They shouldn't even be allowed to complain
Did it ever occur to you that for every woman in a relationship, there is a MAN in that relationship too... Is it so hard to understand... Women aren't getting more relationships than men, they are BOTH in the relationship... FFS!
 skwizle
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/19/2012 4:40:30 AM
i don't think either sex has it easier, it depends on personality. each person is either introvert or extrovert, and emotionally driven or logic driven. it seems hardest to move on for emotionally driven introverts.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/20/2012 8:23:26 AM
"Denney's research, published last year in Social Science Quarterly, concluded that men who are divorced are 39 percent more likely to commit suicide than those still married. The difference increases to 50 percent when a man is a widow.

Among women, differences in suicide risk among those who were married, divorced or widowed were statistically insignificant."

I believe that this speaks to the topic at hand.
 morethanpotential
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2012 11:03:43 AM
I have to agree with some of the other comments on, "It goes both ways" but, I will say from my experience that the reason it seems some women get over these things faster than men is that women are much better at "blocking" out emotions and moving on with an artificial healing. This, of course, is not all women.
When a man actually commits his heart to a relationship, he is vulnerable on somewhat of a deeper level than a female, persay, in that it takes a bit for the average male, who operates with male tendencies to look beyond the physical with their eyes and mind and sink into the inner beauty of a woman with their hearts. Women on average, on the other hand, are emotionally driven and it is easier for them to be hurt but, because they are so "emotional", they have an ability to "block" and, or "lock out" those emotions as well. Otherwise, as other people have said, they either already have something lined up or have already decided you were gone long ago and have already done their secret mourning, if any. Also, again, this is not every male or female. Keep the faith, there is someone out there for you. Just develop and, or reset your preferences and standards, take your time and get to know them(No, 2 weeks is not long enough) and become friends first. If you know how hard it is to find a friend, then you know the conversion to a couple will not happen over night.
 Octane_Rush
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/27/2012 10:38:38 AM

Did it ever occur to you that for every woman in a relationship, there is a MAN in that relationship too... Is it so hard to understand... Women aren't getting more relationships than men, they are BOTH in the relationship... FFS!

Yes, the women are continually dating in the same, attractive-only circles. The majority of us guys aren't in that exclusive league.

WOMEN HAVE IT EASY. They just get to sit back and watch the competing men fight over who gets to spend their money and time on her.
 Dare to
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/27/2012 5:09:30 PM
^^^^^^You might ask some of the women who aren't in the female equivalant of your "exclusive league" how many of them are sitting back and watching those competing men fighting over them???

You seem to think that only unattractive men have it hard, do you not think that unattractive women have the same difficulty? Or is it supposed to be some compensation that an occasional male will lower himself to using you as his cum dumpster once in a while?
 justdeb1111
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/28/2012 1:21:28 AM

Oh c'mon, it is WAY easier for the women: They don't even have to try and they'll get numbers and thousands of potential suitors in one night.

Watches the phone and twitches....waits.....waits.....waits.....

"thousands of potential suitors"???
 Octane_Rush
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/28/2012 11:01:16 AM

^^^^^^You might ask some of the women who aren't in the female equivalant of your "exclusive league" how many of them are sitting back and watching those competing men fighting over them???

You seem to think that only unattractive men have it hard, do you not think that unattractive women have the same difficulty? Or is it supposed to be some compensation that an occasional male will lower himself to using you as his cum dumpster once in a while?

Unattractive women still have physiological commodities that men (and lesbians) want and so will still be sought after.
 GWSmith
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/28/2012 6:10:55 PM
Its not about male or female its about the type of person someone is. Some people get over it faster, some only partially get over it, some take months or even a year or more to get over it - male or female doesn't matter.
 kfcepeda
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:39:07 PM
HA! I'm going through a HORRIBLE heart breaking break up right now and I'm thinking the exact opposite! Why is it so easy for him to just move on?!? we loved eachother for such a long time! What happened??? I think that us genuine and caring people will always be hurt more. But we just have to work harder to find someone like us. He lied to me from day one of our relationship and I didn't know for a long time. But for some reason I still love him. It just depends on the person. I know that right now I feel like I can NEVER move on. But I know in my brain that I will, even if my heart says something different.
 CopernicusOfLove
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:53:59 PM
^was he a man-ho? The very few men who have it easier than women to move on are invariably manwhores.
 Midwest_Southwest
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/5/2012 5:54:16 PM
People who love and lose hurt. When I have loved deeply, it has hurt to be rejected. When I have been guarded and not loved deeply, it hasn’t hurt as much. And if you’re doing the breaking up it hurts much less than being broken up with.
This is one of those things that is NOT gender based. I mean, really, just think of all of the poetry and love songs of heartache by men AND women. Nah… anyone who loves is susceptible to hurt, and therefore, to not moving on easily.
 CopernicusOfLove
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/5/2012 6:09:39 PM

And it seems to me that said manwhores are only delaying the inevitable anyway. Many have that one special girl in their heart that they are all wounded over, and basically try to screw it out of themselves. But it doesn't work, and then they have to deal with the heartbreak when she has likely moved on. Just what I have seen anyway.

As for me, it takes forever for me to get over someone who got in my heart. It's something that I both like and despise about myself all at once.

Kind of a primitive way at looking at manwhores; they're more complex than the average Joe. That "one that got away" explanation is pure fiction.

As for yourself..sure, that's yourself but your kin generally just get over guys like that because they have so many options when dating again.

How many women honestly have a "one that got away"?
 CopernicusOfLove
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/5/2012 6:26:16 PM
I literally don't know any woman who doesn't have a 'one that got away'..

They must not be dating enough. Given that they could probably have a date or two each day of the week, the possibility remains of dating so much that they can easily forget all their former dates and flames (men don't have this option).

So.. having a lot of opportunities to date means that it's easier to get over deep feelings for someone?? And men are somehow barred from dating a large number of women? Oh my.

Women tend not to have "deep feelings", just temporary delusions of it. Us men tend to actually have these deep feelings; it's why in the pursuit of love we tend to make ourselves look more stupid.

Most men are fortunate to get even one date in a month. Women however can have a relationship just like that.
 1988woman
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2012 6:45:01 PM
in some cases it isnt easy for the woman to move on i try and i couldnt i ended back with my ex and things are greater than ever
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >