Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 m14shooter
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Why is it easier for women to move onPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Because most women seem to have a cold heart.
 urgal2416
Msg: 60
Why is it easier for women to move on
Posted: 11/26/2012 5:20:10 AM
Sorry m14shooter, you are wrong. I have even read posts from other forums where they state that women after divorce or death are busy taking care of family and don't date but their ex did. Also more women than men stay alone after their spouse dies then men do. At the risk of repeating myself, where I work every single woman that is divorced, ( four of us) the man found someone or even a few before the wife did.
 freshstartbraveheart
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/26/2012 11:31:07 AM
I think women do heal faster because they tend to process their emotions easier than men do. We're emotional creatures, and have been raised to be in tune with our feelings. We've also been raised knowing that it's okay to cry and talk about our feelings. From childhood, a boy is taught to toughen up. Once he's a man, the only time it's okay to cry is if someone special or his dog died; otherwise he better just suck it up. If a woman is crying over her break-up/divorce, others will probably run to comfort her. If a man does the same, it might be awkward for all involved.

We have more people willing to talk to us, let us vent and cry on their shoulders. We're also more likely to release our emotions through journaling, crying, venting talking about things, reading books to help affirm what we're feeling. Men are more likely to drink, bury themselves in work, video games or a hobby or trying to find someone else to sleep with, without really processing their emotions. More women go through the pain of the break-up/divorce head on and come out the other side, fully healed/moved on. While many men just suppress their emotions or try to find a substitute/distraction to cover them up.

When it comes to dating, women also do have more ease/options to get back out there again and start dating than men. We don't have to put much effort into finding someone new to flirt, hang around with, date and we can be pretty passive about it and still find a man (or have a man find us). Whether it's out in the real world or on a site like this, if you're a minimally attractive woman, all you really have to do is show up and wait for the men to do the chasing. Even if you're not looking or ready for a relationship, being told you're desirable by a number of different people, after a break-up you probably helps you get over the break-up because of the ego boost. A man has to work a lot harder, by approaching to, talking to, impressing and being rejected by a number of women to get the same result.
 CopernicusOfLove
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/26/2012 12:36:20 PM
^ Yep, I knew it. Women have it easier.
 Love.Notes
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/1/2012 10:48:17 PM
The one who cares the least in the relationship is the one who's in control" In other words man or woman doesn't matter. The one that didn't care is the one that has no problem moving on. It's as simple as that.
 urgal2416
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:22:53 AM
See, you are right. I knew that my exhusband never cared about me as much as I cared about him, that is why it was easier for him to be with other people.
 captainawesomepants
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/2/2012 3:44:33 PM
Because its so much easier for women to find someone else... most women find a new BF before they've even dumped the last... when I leave or am left I know it could take a good year or so to find someone else... cuz us men don't have a 20 people hitting on us at once.
 CopernicusOfLove
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/2/2012 3:52:31 PM
Women have it SOOO much easier; I've been trying and waiting for going on 8 years now. Meanwhile, she's been engaged a couple of times, dating a ton and had countless other relationships. Makes a guy feel extremely unwanted.
 Love.Notes
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/2/2012 4:32:30 PM
^^^ to the last two posts above me.

Everyone want's to feel valued, needed and loved. However, she is not responsible for you not finding someone in 8 years. The dating is all your game not that of your ex. It's your call to figure out what and why you can't find a woman. Some people have that dynamic personality that can attract many people. Others have it a little bit harder and it could be many reasons as to why woman are not dating you. My ex married before me. I'm going on 7 years single and I plan on making it another three years still before I become serious with anyone. That was a choice I made due to my children that I have to see to university first.

We are responsible as to why we are single and why we are dating. Women have men hitting on them yes, but most of those "hits" are nothing to write home about. Just because she has men hitting on her doesn't mean they are all great possibilities and it doesn't mean she has it easier. It's actually more work delicately telling them you're not interested with out hurting their feelings.
 CopernicusOfLove
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/2/2012 4:54:29 PM
Getting hit on is so much better than being ignored. That's way easier.
 annywn
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/3/2012 4:23:50 AM
women often emotionally seperate from there partner before they physically do so.
Men as hunters feel it a deep bruise to the ego when left. Especially when it seems to come out of nowhere.
 trvlngman
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:45:19 AM
Women move on easily because they can get sex when they want it.
they can get dates basically when they want it.
sex dating and realationships come easy to women. Its all handed to them
they just sort through the suitors. As a guy you have to hunt for it.
more to it. As a guy if your hurting. To bad. If a woman is hurt.
ppl rush to their aid
 TigerHitch
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2012 7:47:44 AM
Personaly i believe it depends on the personality of the man or woman dumped or dumpee. My first breakup it took me a year to even want to leave the house, the second it took longer to get over her than we were actually in the realtionship, well almost i am still working on it. Both were with someone new within a week.
 TallyGatorGirl
Msg: 72
Posted: 12/4/2012 11:30:20 AM
I disagree with the premise of this thread. Or, as Jane Austen had Anne say in Persuasion, when explaining to a man who had just complained that women were fickle and unconstant,

"I should deserve utter contempt if I dared to suppose that true attachment and constancy were known only by woman. No, I believe you capable of everything great and good in your married lives. I believe you equal to every important exertion, and to every domestic forbearance, so long as–if I may be allowed the expression–so long as you have an object. I mean while the woman you love lives, and lives for you. All the privilege I claim for my own sex (it is not a very enviable one; you need not covet it), is that of loving longest, when existence or when hope is gone."
 FoxyRon65
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2012 7:41:32 PM
My experience almost every time after a breakup is the SHE has had little problem in moving on very quickly.
 CopernicusOfLove
Msg: 74
Posted: 12/5/2012 8:07:10 PM
Yup: Women have it incredibly easy to move on. Hell, they have it easy to START in the first place.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/6/2012 6:54:27 AM
Holy cow..women are just handed everything? Seriously?

I've had the hardest time of my life the last three years even getting dates, let alone having sex. I stopped online dating entirely because I was discouraged from the lack of men writing me back and the endless red flag issues that kept popping up with guys online...I am talking pretty justifiable red flags..herpes, lying, men still actually being married, players..stuff they arent going to reveal in their profiles.

SURPRISE!!! End of date.

Anyway, real life I've found is a little better, because you know in a second if someone is interested in you or not..you dont have to suffer thru the endless messages you send out only to be greeted with silence. But still, the idea that relationships and sex are just handed out to women...I just dont understand where that comes from. Sure, if I wanted to contract an STD or sleep with a bunch of a@@holes, I suppose sex is always available..but come on! If you're a gal who wants sex in connection with a loving relationship..it ain't happenin'.
 blaqwynter
Msg: 76
Posted: 12/6/2012 7:24:20 AM
I'm sorry, but as a woman, I find it hard to move on at times. It really depends on the relationship. I actually see the opposite from what the OP has stated. The guys I have dated moved on faster than I did. It was as if I didn't matter.
 ilikefuzzylildogs
Msg: 77
Posted: 12/9/2012 9:34:00 AM
This whole thread is nonsense. Easier for men, easier for women blah blah blah. It doesnt matter if you were dumped or did the dumping; Women/men SOME people move on easier than others. It's how they are wired nothing more nothing less.
 milomason
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 10:03:32 AM
this is no joke ,just what I feel,I think somehow when ,a women breaks up,they can wash a guy out of there system with their next visit from "Aunt Flo"!
 StarChildsLoverNZ
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/12/2012 5:37:56 PM
don't fool yourself mate, from my experience it's felt like the other way around, men in my life have been the users and abusers, and it always hurts so much more for the one who gets dumped. now i don't want to ever get emotionally involved with any male ever again because from my experience they are all the same, use and abuse and treat me like shit
 ExoticSapphire
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/18/2012 3:07:17 AM
Really? That's a surprise because 80 percent of the time women are the ones who can't move and and are more hurt by it.
 urgal2416
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/18/2012 5:53:19 AM
I think a few men may have experienced (the ones that posted on here) that the women have moved on quicker, but in the real world of real people it is almost always the man that leave his wife for another woman, married first after divorce and when their spouse dies, many times women stay alone and the men remarry. I have experienced and witnessed proof of this. Men do have hearts and they do love, but not with the depth that women do.

My ex told me that although he still loved me, he was able to "date" other women much quicker than I was able to after we split. It took him 3 months, myself 3 years.

(sorry, I do realize I did repeat my previous post)
 bbrooks34
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/18/2012 7:03:33 AM
I wouldn't call it, "easier". I would call it more like they are taught to be more mature, stronger, more independent/less dependent, more emotionally stable (most). They do give birth ya know! lol ...

The men are now feeling clingy, needy and attached more these days. They feel like they have to NEED a woman in their lives to be happy, instead of wanting a woman to be happy. We place women on pedestals and forget what's truly important ... self happiness as well. Then, when the woman leaves for what she may think or actually IS better than what she is being offered or provided, the men freak out.

Just my take o it.
 AstroCat505
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/18/2012 8:42:45 AM
Here is a speculative take on the situation.

I don't truly believe that women can move on faster than men, but women have more weapons in their arsenal to help them get over failed relationships. These advantages include all that I have listed in the third paragraph for males and also include those mentioned in the second.
Men as a species are hardwired to be especially empathetic towards women in general...(pedestal theory)... So as the story goes, a female whether she be the dumper or dumpee/cheater or cheated on will be able to find a caring shoulder to cry on and console her much easier than males, granted that the playing field is level and neither person has a contingency plan already in place. Another advantage to the female is that she possesses a couple of objects/organs that are highly coveted by males. If she wanted to, she could easily leverage a situation to her advantage using mentioned possessions.
Men on the other hand can overcome these female advantages only if they have one or more of the following things at their command: dazzling good looks and attractive physique, exceptional wealth and affluence, the ability to sweet talk and manipulate, high ranking career or employment position, good relationship and emotional skills, or extremely fun and enjoyable personality.

As mentioned this is just a crude generalization I formed by the many observations I have made over the years. It's not always true in every example of the "moving on" situation, but it has been obvious in many of the "moving on" situations I have been privy to...
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >