Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KER6969
Msg: 84
Why is it easier for women to move onPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Who says it's easy for us women to move on after a marriage or relationship has ended? Anyone who thinks this is being ridiculous!

I believe it's easier for men to move on than women since men don't get as emotionally involved as women do. Just from what I've witnessed and learned from experience.
 Bella_RF
Msg: 85
Why is it easier for women to move on
Posted: 12/19/2012 8:49:53 AM

I believe it's easier for men to move on than women since men don't get as emotionally involved as women do. Just from what I've witnessed and learned from experience.

I firmly agree. As women our emotions tend to be a part of our love for a man whereas a lot of men are far removed in the emotion dept. Therefore, it seems easier for men to not only start dating again or engage in sexual relationship with someone new following a breakup.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/19/2012 9:25:39 AM

I firmly agree. As women our emotions tend to be a part of our love for a man whereas a lot of men are far removed in the emotion dept. Therefore, it seems easier for men to not only start dating again or engage in sexual relationship with someone new following a breakup.

Studies show that the suicide rate for divorced men goes up dramatically compared to women. More men than women develop depression post divorce. And a recent study found:

"Divorced men were at a significantly higher risk for early death than divorced women.
They had a 31 percent increased risk for early death over married men, while divorced women had an 18 percent increased risk. "

Hmmmmm
 brimau
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/19/2012 10:29:19 AM
a woman or man who suffers depression will have trouble moving on....its not always a gender thing.
Statistically speaking ( stats canada) men suffer from depression more after break ups. Also,
Woman are more likely to move on because of the way our present legal sytstem is structured, especially if children are involved.
 gofurguy
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/19/2012 12:03:12 PM
the cheater might find it easier to move on, he probably has a few numbers to fall back on while the cheated is still trying to figure out where it all went wrong
 Kombipode
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/20/2012 3:58:21 PM
I think because women secretly start moving on while in the relationship. So when the man is finally aware of it, she has already moved on.
What, you see that is the case all the time. Men don't leave. They may have affairs, but they don't leave. Women leave.
The whole history of womankind has been infidelity. Eve slept with Satan and betrayed all mankind.
 Rshier1991
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/21/2012 4:53:17 AM
This sounds like my story. I was away for work for 2 weeks to better my career, when i came home i found out my girlfriend of 4 years cheated on me twice. She was cheated pn by her first boyfriend so to expect her to do that to me was out of the question.This is a girl that i was going to marry I was with her since I was 17 she was 16 now she 20 and with a 43 year old her dad is only 39. Its been 5 months since she chose him, she pregnant with his child from the second day she cheated on me. Am i hurt absolutely I never saw it coming she wasn't that type of girl. Will i heal in time I will. The only way I have healed is by talking about it to my family and friends. From a guy who is absolutely crushed by the girl who meant more than words can ever explain. I am sorry but You do deserve better, you will hear this over and over.
 slowboogie
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/21/2012 11:39:46 AM
It is easier for women to move on, because men are horndogs.
 msright78
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/21/2012 11:55:59 AM
Its not easy for either ppl to move on after a breakup. It just depends on how much each person had invested their emotions and feelings into a relationship.

I dated my ex bf for 5 months. I loved him very much and thought he was 'the one'. Of course his loved me back but perhaps not as much as I did. He dumped me in feb of this year. He dealt with this breakup in a month's time and started dating someone else in april. And its december now and I haven't dated at all!

A friend of mine dated a girl for merely a month or so. She loved him in that short span. Things didn't work out and she's still holding a torch for him even after a year has gone by and well the guy dated other women after her.

She on the other hand has her FB profile picture of him and her. They're friends but clearly she's not over him. I've told him as a friend that this is not healthy for her. He agrees but there's nothing he can do about it. She has to heal her way. And obviously she's taking it very hard and holding onto things she shouldn't be.

In order for ppl to move on after being rejected or getting dumped is by deleting all the pictures u have of the person u were dating or were in a relationship with. That's process 1. Thereafter cut off any ties or any form of communication u have with the person ur still holding on to. Trying to be friends with someone u dated is out of the question and not healthy.

Ur holding on to the inevitable that things will magically work things out and hoping. When in fact, nothing of that sort ever happens. Its a hope we all have after being dumped. And ppl need to understand that, we're better than the person who left us.

One person's loss is another person's gain. If ppl choose to leave us, then so be it. Cry about it for few days and move on.

Plenty of fishes in the sea!
 msright78
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/21/2012 12:02:15 PM
Also another thing to add is that, after my breakup with my ex, I have done nothing but cling on the next guy in the hopes that he wouldn't leave me like my ex did.

And until that guy told me that we're not dating and in fact we haven't even met and yet I'm acting kinda crazy, it was an eye opener for me.

I have never done anything like this b4. I never tried to hold onto someone so tight to someone that I haven't even met in the hopes that he wouldn't leave me.

Yes, I have some issues still pending regarding how things went down with me and my ex.

But after this guy told me, I had to literally take a step back and ask myself why am I behaving in such a way. And I realized that it's my own insecurity, my own shattered faith in men has left me feeling this way.

I have to say, after really having a me time 2day, I have never felt better. I don't sit and think about the guy as much and have told myself, if things don't work out with this guy, then so be it. His loss.

As I'm a complete package deal to the right guy.

Thank goodness this guy is understanding and has become an awesome friend. And hopefully, I haven't scared him off .
 urgal2416
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/21/2012 4:52:24 PM
@slowboogie

So wouldn't that mean that it is easier for men to move on because they are horndogs
 Bella_RF
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/21/2012 9:04:35 PM

"Divorced men were at a significantly higher risk for early death than divorced women.
They had a 31 percent increased risk for early death over married men, while divorced women had an 18 percent increased risk. "

A lot of variables to that conclusion that aren't mentioned Joe but glad for your input.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/21/2012 10:05:33 PM

A lot of variables to that conclusion that aren't mentioned Joe but glad for your input.

Considering I am now on disability for depression, and am having serious medical issues stemming from my depression (vascular disease, borderline diabetic, high blood pressure, Arrhythmia; I think I take more pills now than my mother did in her final years), and yes even suicidal thoughts for the past seven years, I believe these conclusions to be valid. My buddy went through a lot of this too as a result of his divorce (he is not on disability, but gets a great deal of slack in the workplace due to it being his family's business).

My ex, on the other hand, was with 5 different men during the year of our separation - not only before the ink was dry on the decree, but before there was ANY ink on the decree.
 WhereRU1234
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/24/2012 6:54:30 AM
I am not sure that this is as much a gender question as it is related to who initiated the breakup and how they did it. I will, however, agree with the point made in other posts in the thread that it is much easier for a woman to find new people to date than is the case for men. For women, there is an unending supply of men who will "hit on" them in any setting and for those men among us who find that behavior somewhat disrespectful there is a long road to travel to find someone.
As a case in point, my ex bragged at every opportunity that she has never in her life ever bought herself a drink and that she is enthralled with cellular phones because she can store numbers in them, saving her the trouble of writing numbers on her hand or finding the little scraps of paper that get handed to her. If we were out in public and she had more than a second drink, she'd be collecting numbers as though she were publishing a telephone directory. From an intellectual standpoint, I'd think that knowing the intentions of these men and the fact that they do this to any female that is breathing there would be nothing other than repulsion at the idea of getting a number from them but observation tells me this is not the case. Many women actually seem to encourage the behavior, a good number seem to thrive on it. In the end, if it didn't work for these guys they wouldn't do it, I suppose.
Back to the original subject though. It is easier, in my humble opinion, for the party who has decided first that the relationship is over to move on. The other party is often unaware or, if aware, is often making efforts to save the relationship and is therefore devastated when the end comes. How hard the process is on this party is very much related to the how of ending relationship as well.
Using my own situation as an example once more, I discovered that my ex has been telling all of her friends, some of them mutual friends, that she considered the relationship over for more than 6 months before it actually ended. During that time she continued to act as though the relationship was very much alive and destined for the long term. She had me buy her a new motorcycle, we adopted a dog together, she had me get her a long term massage membership, we shopped for houses that we would buy together, etc. Quite accidentally one evening I went to the computer and found her Match.com profile on screen that she had walked away from and failed to sign out of. That and the subsequent discussion of the discovery is what led to the end of the relationship and I learned that she considered the relationship over, had already moved on and was playing it out for whatever could be gotten from it. She admits I was good to her but also admitted that she never found me attractive. As for me, complete devistation based on the end of the relationship and the love that I for her but also equal devistation based on the deciet.
So, the one who ends it has the advantage of time and advance knowledge, sort of like insider trading in the stock market.
 jerkgone
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/28/2012 12:08:59 PM
Sorry, but my experience says that it is the male who lines up the next one before moving on. I think they cannot b on their own, and cannot b honest either. The female may have missed or dismissed the signs. I think that being dumped is different because of the control issues. it is better to be the dumper. Also the female did not have the chance to prepare herself to deal with it. I have seen the ones who profess their love over and over, yet say that they felt lonely, so that makes it all right, and actually the female is the one who is lonely due to the fact that he is a loser only thinking of himself.
 nobetterlove
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/29/2012 3:47:34 PM
because all any girl has to do(as long as she is not fat)is walk to the store to buy a pop and before she makes it home.at least one guy has asked her on a date,if ur a man ur lucky if that has happend to u once in your life and u will never forget it.
 Will_n_KS
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/29/2012 7:35:03 PM
Because they have no souls? Lol!
Evolution?
Women are very social creatures, so it would stand to reason that they have more options.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:14:17 PM
OP, women tend to be more natural sociopaths than men.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 102
Posted: 3/18/2013 6:54:41 AM
Not not really it is super hard if I really love someone. I be been hang up on mined fiancé for years before I choose to move on n behing were hard bc other guys were not him. Took lot of work n time to finally give guys a try like then n he to know then for them n not compare them to him.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 103
Posted: 3/18/2013 6:56:12 AM
And yeah as goes for him since it didn't touch him on lil bit he had another female spending night just 4 weeks after we split out
 wannachat4now
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:08:41 PM
I don't think it's easier for women. I have been in a situation many time where I am left in the dust and the man just trucks on like I never exsisted (or so it feels). I have also moved on much quicker than the man too. So it does depend on the situation and who left who and why.

When I break up with a guy I do it because a)I'm not into it or b)I've been disrepected to a point I go completely mad and there is no return.

The a situation it is easy to move on from and b situation is harder for me. When b happens it's easy for the guy to move on because they believe I'm a complete nut and never look back :)
 JSBL1967
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/19/2013 2:38:10 AM
I have no idea if it is harder for woman to move on.

I would imagine it is just as hard for a woman as it is for a man and it would all come down to specifics surrounding each person, their support surrounding them, plus a thousand other individual possibilities.

I know from my prospective...being a guy. Its hard as heck to move on, recover, and even consider the hope of finding someone else.
 Peachx22
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/19/2013 12:49:33 PM
No, it's not easier for women to move on. No how long or short the relationship was, or if the breakup was mutual, it still doesn't make it easier to move on completely!

It also depends on the person. But, I can say for myself, it really isn't that easy.
 galnxtdoor64
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2013 8:45:16 PM
I wish that were true in my case the men which are few and very far between
have moved on and forward so much easier and much more often into the dating thing
I have been trying to get into or find a LTR for almost 4yrs now and before that was single
and did not date for 7yrs because I was working on getting my life straightened out
so I could offer something towards a man...... and yet I am still single and not seeing anyone.
 LG2727
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2013 9:20:01 PM
seriously! its harder for men? in what universe! I guess perhaps if the woman shows no compassion or emotion, 2 things for which we are condemmed by men for having as part of our makeup, then chalk it up to women acting and thinking more like men, we have found it is easier then being devastated on a daily basis, we do get tired of crying you know? Either that, or you just got dumped by a sociopath, they are cold and empty inside and have no feelings unless it suits thier needs.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >