Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Will_n_KS
Msg: 100
Why is it easier for women to move onPage 7 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Because they have no souls? Lol!
Evolution?
Women are very social creatures, so it would stand to reason that they have more options.
 Darkhawk36
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Why is it easier for women to move on
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:14:17 PM
OP, women tend to be more natural sociopaths than men.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 102
Posted: 3/18/2013 6:54:41 AM
Not not really it is super hard if I really love someone. I be been hang up on mined fiancé for years before I choose to move on n behing were hard bc other guys were not him. Took lot of work n time to finally give guys a try like then n he to know then for them n not compare them to him.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 103
Posted: 3/18/2013 6:56:12 AM
And yeah as goes for him since it didn't touch him on lil bit he had another female spending night just 4 weeks after we split out
 wannachat4now
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:08:41 PM
I don't think it's easier for women. I have been in a situation many time where I am left in the dust and the man just trucks on like I never exsisted (or so it feels). I have also moved on much quicker than the man too. So it does depend on the situation and who left who and why.

When I break up with a guy I do it because a)I'm not into it or b)I've been disrepected to a point I go completely mad and there is no return.

The a situation it is easy to move on from and b situation is harder for me. When b happens it's easy for the guy to move on because they believe I'm a complete nut and never look back :)
 JSBL1967
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/19/2013 2:38:10 AM
I have no idea if it is harder for woman to move on.

I would imagine it is just as hard for a woman as it is for a man and it would all come down to specifics surrounding each person, their support surrounding them, plus a thousand other individual possibilities.

I know from my prospective...being a guy. Its hard as heck to move on, recover, and even consider the hope of finding someone else.
 Peachx22
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/19/2013 12:49:33 PM
No, it's not easier for women to move on. No how long or short the relationship was, or if the breakup was mutual, it still doesn't make it easier to move on completely!

It also depends on the person. But, I can say for myself, it really isn't that easy.
 galnxtdoor64
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2013 8:45:16 PM
I wish that were true in my case the men which are few and very far between
have moved on and forward so much easier and much more often into the dating thing
I have been trying to get into or find a LTR for almost 4yrs now and before that was single
and did not date for 7yrs because I was working on getting my life straightened out
so I could offer something towards a man...... and yet I am still single and not seeing anyone.
 LG2727
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2013 9:20:01 PM
seriously! its harder for men? in what universe! I guess perhaps if the woman shows no compassion or emotion, 2 things for which we are condemmed by men for having as part of our makeup, then chalk it up to women acting and thinking more like men, we have found it is easier then being devastated on a daily basis, we do get tired of crying you know? Either that, or you just got dumped by a sociopath, they are cold and empty inside and have no feelings unless it suits thier needs.
 south_city
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/27/2014 9:54:40 PM
It's not always easier for women to move on. It depends on the circumstances. Who decided to end the relationship? What were the reason(s) for ending the relationship? The personalities of the 2 people involved in the relationship.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/28/2014 9:49:50 AM
".............Easier for women to move on?"
I can't speak for other women here, but in my case, I have always had close GF's, and /or female family members to give me moral support. These women have no problem, "telling me like it is", and then hugging me to show me they still love me, regardless of my marital status/dating/single. Stay, move on, whatever.
In other words, I am not alone.
Men come and go, my female connections are forever.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/29/2014 11:17:46 AM
LadyInRed nailed it - men come and go, female friends are forever. I've pretty much lost faith in men in general, I don't trust them with my heart anymore. Online dating has made me this way. I've encountered married men on here, found their FB pages with pics of their unsuspecting, doting, sometimes pregnant wives while the guy was out looking for poon. He looks like the perfect husband and really he is a piece of garbage. But in society's eyes, the woman he cheats with (and who didn't know he was married) is the "slut". Just messed up. I used to have a hard time with breakups, but I've come realize that no guy is worth crying over anymore. They are great liars, manipulating with words and fake actions, but they are not trustworthy.
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/29/2014 11:49:07 AM
I think most women were scratching their heads when they read this title.....geez at least men have that little empty box in their brains they can take a vacation at
 justdeb1111
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/3/2014 2:35:59 AM
There are few things that are gender specific and this is not one of them.

Whether you are the dumper or the dumpee is more relevant. Those that dump probably get on with their lives faster because they've already made the commitment to move on. It's the dumpees who are blind-sided and may take a bit more time to regroup.
 MisterEl
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/3/2014 10:38:35 AM
All adults were wounded in the process of being parented and separating from the their big people. No exceptions. Being dumped replicates this wounding. Men, however, are socialized to show no injury, so they are alone with their rejection, as with all powerful emotional experiences. The aloneness has a salt-in-the-wound effect. For this reason, it can be a lot harder to move on - because processing with others helps this healing. So I generally agree with this contention.
 MisterEl
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/4/2014 12:11:30 PM
I don't think these two perspectives are in disagreement. Both start from the place of acknowledging men's isolation when it comes to emotional suffering. I think men are more desperate to pair up again, and at the same time, they are more likely to cling to, or want to go back to, a dysfunctional relationship. Men must learn to support one another and accept the support of other men in the emotional arenas.
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 116
Posted: 9/7/2014 3:36:35 PM
I have read it just seems easier for the women( or whoever does the breaking up), because they get a head start on the healing process, they've pretty much gone thru most of the heartache long before they get the nerve to do the breaking up
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/7/2014 5:40:01 PM
I've heard that women plan to remove themselves for quite some time, and when they finally announce they are done, they are DONE. And the guy usually thinks things are going along great, and is stunned when she announces she wants to leave. And she's wrapped it up at that point.

I dont know. To a degree, I think it's who does the dumping. I've definitely done the "slow simmer" until I am DONE and we have the break up talk, calmly and completely-but I am absolutely ready to move on and have never looked back.

HOWEVER, let's say I really like someone, and really wish they returned my feelings, but I end up friendzoned or something. That sting can linger for a long long time, so I also think it's "who has the power" so to speak. Doing the breaking up keeps you "with the cookies" and more detached. And the one who is left out in the cold, had a bomb dropped on them or still yearning for someone does most of the aching.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 118
Posted: 9/7/2014 6:13:58 PM

the-next-step wrote

Could be that it it is so much easier for the lady to get another partner, there are a lot of single men out there, but only a few ladies, 'moving on' as the OP puts it is a lot easier to do when one has a partner

Did you even think about that before you wrote it????
50% of the people in the world are women, so every single man has a single woman out there. I believe (but guessing ) there are more gay men than gay woman, which means there are more single women than men. Then there are the loser men who never venture out of their caves leaving even more single women available.

Now I will admit there are more (a lot more ) single men who are convinced they should be only dating a 10 then there are single 10's so effectively that puts most of them in the loser group leaving even more single women for the rest of us. Us non bitter, realistic and motivated daters are enjoying hell out of the excess of single women. OH YES WE ARE!!!!!!! LOL
Personally I am the epitome of the bad date, 55 years old, smoker, overweight, long grey hair and odd facial hair also grey. But you know what I get lots of dates and when I look across the pillow in the morning I think "great choice, I am a lucky guy"!!!!

To get on topic the whole premise of this thread is BS, total BS, moving on is easier for the one who does the breaking up. I have been in both positions and has been true for me
 ozsealady1
Msg: 119
Posted: 9/17/2014 9:18:51 PM
I think it is much easier for men.

Certainly my significant ex's all moved on much quicker than me.
The same goes for the great majority of my friends.

Perhaps it is that these men were (in comparison ...to far too many in the singledon world) seem on the surface to be a good catch.
Have a job, are intelligent, can form sentences.

Some of the men moved on before their wife had realised.
Now that is quick!!!.

One ex couple - they are still officially married - no divorce nor financial settlement yet.
He is ENGAGED!!!! And the new woman has moved into the marital home.

She may get a rude shock when she realises that the money he is spending on her does not belong to him!!!!

So maybe that is it.

The men after a split seem good in comparison.
OR perhaps some people are not as choosy.
 LLM211
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2014 5:05:53 PM
It is much easier for a woman in general especially if she is attractive. Attractive women seldom spend a long time between relationships because they have so many suitors. Guys on the other hand can be alone for awhile until they meet a girl who will give them a chance.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/12/2014 3:25:32 PM
^^ that isn't true. Since I do consider myself an attractive woman, and I've always been attractive, even more so in my younger years, and it was never easy for me to move on and find a 'replacement.' What on Earth would I get from using a man to get over the last one? Re-bounding is for idiots.
 Dee4166
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2014 5:36:21 AM
Most of my exes seemed to have NO trouble moving on...Of course I personally believe that it's easier to find women out there who are lonely and will put up with all KINDS of crap,in order to fill the other side of the bed...especially as they get older...

Women's magazines, and pseudo self-help books that claim to have the "answer" to finding and keeping "your man" are still the top sellers...

I can count on one hand how many guys I know who have read and followed ANY advice , if there even EXISTS such a thing!, for MEN, regarding women. The guys I do know who have claimed that they have are normally talking about articles in men's magazines on "how to drive your woman WILD in bed"...and some such crap....
So it's not about having relationships so much as getting laid...

I'm sure that there are as many men out there who will lay claim to it being more difficult for them as there are women...based on their personal experience...so for me I just say that it's difficult to move on for EVERYONE at some time or another....And I agree with what other people have already said in that if you keep jumping from relationship to relationship without stopping to do an "autopsy", chances are you're going to find yourself sitting across from yet ANOTHER person having the same old conversation, over and over and over...
 chrisshrew
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2014 4:41:25 AM
"Could be that it it is so much easier for the lady to get another partner, there are a lot of single men out there, but only a few ladies, 'moving on' as the OP puts it is a lot easier to do when one has a partner"

Guess you mean online, if you also mean in the real world itself then it makes no sense whatsoever. That's unless a partnership has stopped being between two people.

With regard to the comment on the support network of friends and family in msg 132 and 134 men generally have less of that available to them and less likely to talk about it. Can't say too much about it myself however as I have trouble getting into a relationship in the first place.
 activemelaney
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2014 3:01:33 PM
I agree with VolcanoKing above. Women have usually left the relationship before it ends.
I've always been quite relieved and ready to move on. Nice to be able to accept having a glass of wine with a male friend after work. Something I would never do when in a relationship.

I'm not a single type person. My identity is usually as part of a couple. I start dating and looking immediately. None of this 'healing'' time and 'find yourself...blah, blah, blah...' Joined Match...after a couple of weeks crazy about the greatest guy in the Universe. Over 3 years later...feel the same about him.

Others can do the soul searching. Healing. Navel gazing. Not me.

As for males and females in general. We come in equal numbers so neither sex can be finding a relationship more than the other. I'd guess men are attracted physically to women all the time so they can move on quicker in that sense. I'm the opposite...no desire to be touched intimately by a male until we are a couple.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >