Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Krystal413
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Can you fall in love with someone on line?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You can fall in love with the mental image you have of that online person, but when you meet in person, you may well be meeting someone totally different from that online mental image you had and that someone could be someone you don't love.
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 41
Can you fall in love with someone on line?
Posted: 8/8/2009 10:30:15 PM
benevolent_quintessence on 8/8/2009 11:09:27 AM
Subject: Can you fall in love with someone on line?
Wyatt Earp1: "Gosh she looks so beautiful and we have been talking online now for two months. I just want to smell her hair as I gently hold her cheeks with my hands and kiss her lips.
Her eyes hypnotize me and I'm getting dizzy thinking of holding her in my arms.

I'm sorry,what were we talking about? :D

Yes of course we can fall in love online. Thought it's easier to do offline."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

benevolent_quintessence said:

"You see, a guy who is discipline and understands himself enough to know how love effects him, understands how to fall in love on line. It's not about insanity, it's about self awareness and self love. He understands what he wants, and is patient enough to wait for her to be ready to provide it. Now, can she be a fake? Yes. But this can happy in person as well. So the only difference is, it takes more effort and self awareness to know how to fall in love with a person online. Wyatt Earp1, you have my full respect buddy. And congrats to you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most kind thanks. Barkeep, give me whiskey. Btw benevolent_quintessence you make some logical points. Now if only this illusionary woman would show up...or rather I need to hunt her down... :D Bait, set and trap or release...
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/8/2009 10:36:13 PM
mahogany-rush on 8/7/2009 709 PM

Subject: Can you fall in love with someone on line?
Message: No is the simple answer, but people have fallen in love, I would question their sanity though, most of those folks fall in love with the idea of falling in love , and very rare that someone falls in love on line and meet in person and the love blossoms, thats very rare.
=======================================================

What's crazy is the instant attraction for a few hours, days, weeks or months...followed by a let down when you realize your "internet love time" has faded away. Meaning either one or both decided the attraction is no longer there. Weird...some kind of internet love theory...
 Vincent_1984
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 8:37:05 AM
I think it really depends on each individual but I don't really think it's possible. I know have gotten infatuated with the profiles of some women here, women who I could easily have seen myself spending the rest of my days with(although it usually just ends with a read/delete), but if I don't have some sort of physical contact with this person than I just don't want to allow myself fall in love with them. Even if I was to make that commitment, without that physical connection, all I could really offer is the kind of love I would offer a friend, not a life partner. There is also a lot of doubt and uncertainty that comes into play with "just online", since it becomes a lot harder to determine if they really are anything like what they project themselves to be. Love is not a commitment that I take lightly, so I need assurance.

I could be wrong too, maybe I just haven't met the right person online yet. There really aren't any universal rules, especially not when it comes to love, so maybe it is possible.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/11/2009 3:50:35 PM
No. You won't be falling in love with them, but having a love-like crush on an online-version of them.

Yes, it has to be physical to make it real. If you've never met someone, there is no commitment, there is no boyfriend/girlfriend, there is no real intimacy...

How could you be going out with someone you never touched? Kissed? MET? Let alone falling in "love"? Don't be a sucker, that's all I gotta say...

Warned a younger friend of mine... he fell for a gal he "met" on World of Warcraft. He fell in love with her. He is not a nerd by any means, either. Took a plane ticket to fly across the country, and it never really happened. Why don't I say "it fell apart"? Because there was really no "it" to begin with.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >