Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Taztiger72
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??Page 10 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)

I do know that there is a whole lot of women that knows how to cook!

Hold on now anyone can cook a Hungry Meal....

Does that mean I want to eat that?

I takes skill and a knowledge of food to COOK!!!!!!!!!

zangie
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/11/2009 2:50:46 AM

You took a light-hearted joke about men who can't cook, always Eating Out... where Verity was speaking metaphorically... and you used that as an excuse to casually put down men in general who don't have that skill.

First of all, zekestone, while I can't be sure, I'm reasonably certain she missed the innuendo totally..she read it literally..so, it would be unfair to say that she took a light lighted joke and responded...

Secondly, I think hate against anyone, but, certainly as a group, is wrong for any gender...hate is strong word..I don't hate anyone, and I can actually like people who have different opinions than I..and even those who annoy me..I never hate..and no hate against any group, whether I personally approve of them or their opinions or not..to me, the definition of democracy and free speech is the right to believe whatever you want ( as long as it isn't illegal), and they don't need my approval.

I have several observations of the dynamic of the forums in particular ( all my opinion, and not directed at a group as a whole, or including everyone in a group): many people aren't reacting with hatred..more like hurt or anger..either because they feel personally attacked or threatened..or because they have some unresolved issues from past relationships..and we all have personal experiences that color our reaction, responses..human nature..good or bad experiences.

Many of the most popular topics on the relationship forums are almost always Op's written by men that are very misogynistic, condescending , pretty hatefully worded, and certainly a pre-liberation point of view-whether by design to stir up the pot, or because they are actually hateful..this thread's OP being one of them..

I have noticed that few men question those OP's, particularly the more opinionated, outspoken ones, basically saying it is ok to bash women, just not men? That would be a double standard to me? Most women are replying in defense..so, I'm guessing it is also not ok to defend oneself, or a whole gender you are part of, unless you are a guy?

I have also run into quite a few men, who can not tolerate being disagreed with, especially by a woman, and not only have no respect for their opinion, but, will actually just stop talking to, or posting to you, or email you nasty comments.. I find that disrespectful, and frustrating...I grew up in an atmosphere where an exchange of perspectives was seen a a good, learning experience...and one did not dislike someone who disagreed..just their point of view...

I do not hate men, never have, and to presume that because I may disagree with their outlook on some topic, this makes me a hater...no two of us have the exact same perspective on anything...being in agreement to date is one thing...but, as part of a forum atmosphere where an exchange of ideas is the point..just baffles me, really..because I listen, try very hard not to seem personal or hateful, and yet, I often get ridiculed or condescended to..always with the undertone of women who think differently, or, perhaps women at all, do not deserve respect or common courtesy..and the implied meaning being, we can't possibly be right..because we are women, and on the forums, we seem to be the embodiment of inferior, and so wrong..

It is true that cooking talent is not gender related...but, the OP himself, posited that women who don't are stupid and dumb, and rebellious, and not fulfilling their proper "role"..I find that no more respectable than women who bash men for any number of reasons...and I would defend that..

There isn't, in my mind, at least on the forums, very many men at all who actually like women, and think we have caused everything that is wrong, and apparently want to punish us for some other women they have known, or for the changes in general..there are still a lot of men, offline too, who would prefer us to go back to the "old" ways..I don't see that as progress or acceptance...when you read enough of that stuff, it is hard not to be defensive, though I honestly try to approach it in a civilized way, not lashing out..and from an intellectual side...

I actually like most men, even the ones that apparently don't like me..and I would prefer to gain some understanding between the genders, than bashing each other over the disconnects..I see this constant turmoil as more destructive..and not beneficial to either gender...

I can only hope someday we actually accomplish this...because, I am truly trying to understand the "other" side, and what their dissatisfaction is, and why, but, often get sidetracked having to explain myself better, or defending unfair accusations, but, I don' t see the opposite much at all..just a general, do it my way, or you are wrong...

How superior or misogynistic is that?

And how counter productive to real understanding and some kind of practicable compromise that works for most...

More OT: I have some traditionally female skills, and some traditionally male ones..it has nothing to do with my gender or, women's lib..just who I am..and cooking is one of my rare domestic talents, and that also has nothing to do with liberation...just a skill I always had..along with the ones I never did...

As always, just my perspective...

And my natural inclination to resolve conflict..and promote more peace and understanding...
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 230
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/11/2009 7:07:49 AM
So I guess everybody's come to an agreement then?

Yes it's agreed that I DO, in fact, make the bestest everest lasagna (lasagne).

qldblue
Msg: 231
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/11/2009 7:50:43 AM
Not trying to side with the OP, but if us men look at a lot of women's profile and read some of the things that are written then his question does have some validation as a question.

Now you ladies can lower your hackles as there are just as many if not more of you who have quite clearly stated that you enjoy cooking on your profiles.

Maybe the OP just hasn't looked at the profiles that have enjoy cooking on them or he is looking at the women who don't want to cook, who knows but if he is looking for an obedient woman then I think he is looking on the wrong date site.

When my wife was alive I made the comment that her cooking wasn't like my mother's cooking and one day my wife yelled at me that what was the difference between her cooking and my mother's.
So I told her, for one thing my mother burnt the food and tasted of charcoal, where as my wife's cooking was the complete opposite.

By the way I can also cook because if I couldn't then I would be out of a job, I am a chef
 Taztiger72
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/11/2009 1:46:35 PM

I'd be glad to make that sandwitch

Roast Beef & Beer???? Anyone????

Luciana9
Msg: 233
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/11/2009 7:03:16 PM
As long as a guy is going to pay for my dinner at a nice restaurant, then why should I even bother cooking?
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/11/2009 7:28:21 PM
YES we do and men can make those meals once in awhile also..I cooked for a very long time for a family and that was back in the day,but I still like to a few times a week fortunately I have a guy who loves to get in hte kitchen also but Lordy he makes a mess!!but then its usually very good and worth my cleaning up hey fairs fair..I raised my daughters to cook also so their sweeties have the benefit of a mom who liked making homemade meals...
 Taztiger72
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/11/2009 8:42:26 PM

Hey why don't you make the sandwich

I didn't know you could make a sandwich by yourself...

I'll Still go for the Roast Beef and Beer.....

trixx53
Msg: 236
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/12/2009 1:14:12 AM
When I was married, I worked fulltime, cooked, cleaned, did all the gardening, painting and i even crawled under the car we had to put in a new fuel pump and take the gas tank out. My husband, played ball, dived, rode his bike, etc. so yes I am looking for someone who will share the responsibilities with me.

Since I have been on my own, I've learned to put in new light fixtures, and new fixtures in the kitchen sink, among other things.
 jojoaus
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/12/2009 3:35:09 AM
Yup I cook- and would put my red lentil lasagne up against any lasagne out there!! I cook for my almost 18 year olds- I want them healthy. I cook for my lover- I want him drooling over pretty much everything. I cook for my parents- I liketo give mum a break. I'm not a chef but I love cooking fresh yummy food for bloody ANYONE who enjoys it om nom NOMMMMM.
And yeah... I've been living alone for over a decade and I change the oil in my car, change tyres, lights etc. I fix taps and plugs etc. Love taking care of stuff. I reckon this loooooooong thread is just an extened gender bash.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 238
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/12/2009 8:48:43 PM

Im getting hungry for some lasagna. Why dont you drop by and feed me?

I was going to, but my Lear Jet is in the shop, one kid is busy with birthday parties and the other is doing rep hockey tryouts this weekend.....

... sorry. I've been looking forward to testing the texture of those velvet drapes.....

ItsMargo
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/12/2009 8:52:39 PM

I was going to, but my Lear Jet is in the shop, one kid is busy with birthday parties and the other is doing rep hockey tryouts this weekend.....

What, and you weren't carbo loading with lasagna a few days before?? pfft, obviously not a serious hockey dad.

Guess it got too confusing trying to decide whether to make lasagna or lasagne.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 240
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/12/2009 9:01:50 PM

What, and you weren't carbo loading with lasagna a few days before?? pfft, obviously not a serious hockey dad.

Hey, I just thought we'd do it a bit differently this year. I've been loading him up on doughnuts (donuts for Americans) this year. There are some really fvcking serious carbs in those babies and it's working so far....

.... the kid is rockin' the house...

ItsMargo
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/12/2009 9:03:50 PM
WoW, must be different for goalies! Good to know.

My forward runs on sushi. Wasabiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
 Taztiger72
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/12/2009 9:59:42 PM
I'll Still go for the Roast Beef and Beer.....

That's a "sandwich" and a 6 pack........

Luciana9
Msg: 243
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/13/2009 7:54:00 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again:
"Why should I bother cooking when I can get a man to take me out to the best restaurants in town and pay for my meal?"
 folumpscious
Msg: 244
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/13/2009 6:37:24 PM
I do, I do. I love to cook...I was a speciality chef for 6 years. I just don't ever have anyone to cook for. :( My speciality is desserts!!
 varinia
Msg: 245
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/13/2009 7:00:12 PM

"Why should I bother cooking when I can get a man to take me out to the best restaurants in town and pay for my meal?

Does the loss of self respect not bother you when you use men like that?
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 246
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/13/2009 7:03:53 PM

Does the loss of self respect not bother you when you use men like that?

Oh don't be so envious...

.. whatshername has a nice ass. I'd spring for a Big Mac if she wore that white bathing suit in her profile....

Ima P Ness
Msg: 247
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/13/2009 7:06:11 PM

"Why should I bother cooking when I can get a man to take me out to the best restaurants in town and pay for my meal?"

Nothing like "good christian values"...

OT We are talking about cooking food right?
 singleagain66
Msg: 248
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/13/2009 7:27:06 PM
I talked about that very thing tonight with my best friend and she says thats something she been hearing alot lately about home females today are not or will not cook like its a good thing.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/13/2009 9:38:12 PM
:( My speciality is desserts!!

Aha!!! Spotted D!ck anyone?????

zangie
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/14/2009 8:45:06 AM

I know Zangie can cook a mean lasagna......

Wheat pasta, please.......

Why ,thank Division..being mostly Italian, yes, I can..lol..

But, I have to say, while I kow wheat pasta is better for you...I just can't get used to it..tastes flat to me? Might be my years of growing up with the regular kind ( and I love the tube shaped ones best ( Penne, Rigatoni, etc)..and I know most people think this is nuts..but, different shapes have different flavors? Or, it could be that out of all the possible breads Wheat is my least favorite to begin with..just flat to me...

But, to accomodate someone I care for...I would switch....lol...
 varinia
Msg: 252
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/14/2009 9:36:40 AM

but, different shapes have different flavors?

Zangie, I used to work with an Italian, who explained to me that the different shapes hit your tongue in different ways and that's why we have different preferences.

My preferences are rigatoni or penne. Don't like angelhair at all.
 big pacific
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 9/14/2009 12:50:49 PM
Or i'm here to mess with peoples heads. Either way.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??