Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GQSunset
Msg: 266
Do women cook anymore??Page 19 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
Women stopped cooking when they burned their bras.

A way to a man's heart is through his stomach..................nuff said
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 267
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 10/7/2009 7:28:39 PM
The greatest "chiefs" in thw world are men; also dishwashers in erstaurants are mostly men. So, cool deal for me! Call me when dinner's ready! Then I'll go out and watch soccer while you clean up. Keep it down in there, would ya?
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 268
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 10/8/2009 3:49:46 AM

Cooking skills are right behind blue eyes in my book.

LOL...then I must be your dream woman because I possess both.

I take much pride in my cooking and always have. Not too long ago, my stuffed flounder elicited a marriage proposal from the gentleman I'd served it to. LOL.
 Paradox64
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 10/8/2009 7:37:30 AM
IMHO- I believe that cooking, among everyone, is becoming a lost art, it has become more of a hobby for "Foodies", than a normal aprt of life. Everyone seems to be able to warm up, "nuke" or eat out, more than be able to create a meal, from basic ingredients. It is sad. My daughter has already been taught to cook, and will be able to creat a meal, on her own, with in a few years(she is 12, and well behind where most of the family was at her age, but she is catching up quickly!)
 ladyc4
Msg: 270
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 10/8/2009 7:45:34 AM
Not too long ago, my stuffed flounder elicited a marriage proposal from the gentleman I'd served it to

So was the proposal to you, or to the flounder? Sorry, couldn't resist, my bad

Seriously, as someone whose mother and grandmothers started teaching to cook,on a woodstove, no less,as soon as I was tall enough to reach/see over top of it, I find this question completely baffling. But I suppose, younger women/more urban setting might lend itself to limited culinary aptitude.

But my personal feeling that a basic set of cooking skills and some knowledge of good nutrition is a life skill that all adults should possess.
Cindy O
 Sassysouthernbelle762
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 10/8/2009 11:07:01 AM
"Open Mouth.....Insert Foot", LOL
He is only 30...give him a break..that is after he has inserted his foot in between bites of that "Ham Sandwich", LOL
 dlb47
Msg: 272
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 10/8/2009 1:43:18 PM
I cook and love to cook. I have 3 boys who have been taught to cook also. Cooking doesn't always have to be looked at like its a chore. I have enjoyed lots of family time with my kids -- all of us in the kitchen cooking and FYI also all of us cleaning up.
And cooking with someone special sounds like a great date to me. So OP -- go buy a cookbook, get your girl and your buns in the kitchen and get to cookin'.
 Rythmn
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/14/2009 1:14:35 AM
i cook, the men in my life have cooked, my kids cook (male and female). if someone is tending to one task, the other tends to the other task. personally, i like to cook "with" the man in my life. it's fun, we get to talk, to eat and to......
 Fifi47
Msg: 274
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/14/2009 8:09:32 AM
The same can be said for some men. I am honest and a good cook, and both of those traits do not seem to matter at all to men that I have known or dated.
 good_catch77
Msg: 275
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/14/2009 11:45:22 AM
I can cook.....I can cook good...why do I cook because even though eating out is pretty simple and easy I like "homemade" food the best. Like a pizza would you rather someone say you have to have so much toppings or would you rather just do it yourself.

I eat out a lot because I hardly ever pack my lunch for my break at work. So enough is enough.

On to the actual post saying women have to cook is bad. To me that's like a gender slam on guys have to know how to do home improvement. Today there is hardly any gender based "jobs" at home or even in the workplace. I know men who can cook better than my grandmother and I know women who can build a deck better than my grandfather. Its the world today. Face the facts and get with the program women don't have to cook as much as men don't have to build a deck.

Best of luck to everyone

BlueEyes1712
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/14/2009 3:11:35 PM
I suppose thats a good thing for the frozen food manufactures, they can sell frozen food junk or the hot foods island does good with those foulks. As a man I dont have time stopping for unhealthy fast foods, I learnt to cook back when I left home at the age of 18, four months of eggs, hot dogs and hamburgers just didnt cut it much longer.
 oceaneyess
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/16/2009 10:23:43 AM
I love to cook for the man in my life and loved ones. I'm Italian and I guess I "love "people with food. I owned my own resturant and really enjoyed creating dishes for others. Now I cook for friends and family all the time.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/16/2009 7:37:15 PM
Well, last time I looked...I was still female...and I like to cook...unfortunately I no longer cook for the 7 or 8 people that I always cooked for when my children were young. LOL! I HAVE however, successfully managed to get my grandchildren off of that NASTY Kraft Mac n cheese!!!! NOW, they much prefer my homemade...just the way MY grandma taught me to make it!

My daughter, with threats of forcing me to go to Bob Evans and eat their nasty gravy, always seems to talk me into making biscuits and gravy for breakfast when she is visiting.

Yesterday, for family dinner...we had pork roast with saurkraut, buttered noodles, candied yams...and blueberry pie...baked by Granny's own 2 little hands! LOL! Remember, the secret to a nice flaky crust is COLD water!!!
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 279
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/17/2009 5:41:22 AM
I would say in this economy it's expensive to eat out all the time especially for a whole family. and fast food is not real food - it fills you up but that's it. The mothers who feed their kids that constantly are doing a huge disservice to their families.
As another poster just said, cooking is not rocket science. It's mixing things together and heating things up. Any one who can read directions or a recipe should be able to cook and improve with practice. If ANYONE past college age cannot cook at least basic stuff, I would question their intelligence above all else.
 dorkfish77
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/28/2009 8:35:31 AM
This is why relationships go wrong because people end up expecting too much from each other. How the hell did you eat when you were hungry before the relationship?

I understand what you mean because I noticed women seem to be somewhat proud of not cooking, but I'm proud of not working on cars. The deflating monetary system doesn't allow people alot of time to accomplish the things that need to be done because they have to submit their time to labor to support themselves. Being a single guy that doesn't eat fast food or take out, I try to cook. I like eating the healthy food I create but cooking and dishes is a big time consumer.

People need to focus on the bigger picture of life, educate themselves on how the world is run, and come up with a better system that will allow us to free up our time so we won't be arguing over trivial little bullshit like this.
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/28/2009 10:03:55 AM
I can cook,but I have the fussiest kid in the world,he will smell food and if he doesn't like the smell he won't eat it. I always make him try a bite or two,but he will gag . The other night I made ribs[he likes ribs ] and thought I would make baked mac and cheese with it. He gagged on the mac and cheese and said he was going to the bathroom.To spit it out...I caught him.Because of him being so fussy I don't cook every night.Last night he had a bowl of cereal for dinner.
My ideal would be to find a man to cook with or let him cook and I will do the clean up.I actually got up this morning and made spaghetti sauce ,so I can have steak and spaghetti for dinner tonight.
I am looking for a recipe for buttertarts with shortbread base instead of tart base, to make for Christmas.Don't know if this can be done because I would think the shortbread would bake faster than the buttertart mixture.Anyone?
 sungoddness
Msg: 283
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/29/2009 7:12:30 AM
yes i do and i like to but there are times when us girls need a break ! and its 2009 not 1899 ! most chefs are men ! and what really impresses me is when a guy offers to make me dinner!
 Steph0999
Msg: 284
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/13/2009 6:31:32 PM
any other day i would say you are a total sexest pig, but i just tried to assemble a storage bench from IKEA and i failed miserably, but I do make a pretty awesome ham sandwich.

I guess being in a relationship is about being part of a team.
With some couples the girl is really good at putting together ikea stuff and the guy is the cook. Whatever works.
 Starnow
Msg: 285
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/13/2009 7:59:01 PM
sure mature ladys after 40 we still cook because that is the way we been teach...in our families....especially Sud-American ones.....traditional..you know
but my nices....they refuse to go the kichen...they prefer the restaurant every single day....and a funcy ones.trendy ones ...wow....Im sorry for the men they are dating
 From Russia W Love
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/13/2009 9:30:21 PM
I noticed, that too. Two of my roomates (girls) dont know how to cook. It is a problem, because even in this century, they should know how to cook and not relay on the microwave. All that microwave food is bad for you anyway, nothing is healthy in those boxes, they put all that chemical in, just so it tastes better, plus it's a consumer product, they want people to buy those things, so they can make money out of it and also it's easy on your life, but at the same time it doesnt teach a person on how to cook, and rather than cook they just press a button on the microwave. It sucks, cause our future kids only gonna be able to cook microwave food and not learning anything on how to survive with out the microwaves...Back in the days woman did everything, from cooking to cleaning, watching kids and etc.. Now, some people are just lazy to pick up after them selves and cant teach kids on how to survive in life. Not, saying that guys shouldn't do it too, but they gotta contribute some part of the work in the house, cooking and cleaning, and etc.. besides fixing things around the house. Also, not all the women, but some women can put that table together, with out a man. I know it sucks, but there are some girls dont even know how to put a screw driver in the wall, it's a shame what this generation of people come to...sad, it is very sad..
 ninjaeleven
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/13/2009 9:31:38 PM
They microwave
 From Russia W Love
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/13/2009 9:32:00 PM
I noticed, that too. Two of my roomates (girls) dont know how to cook. It is a problem, because even in this century, they should know how to cook and not relay on the microwave. All that microwave food is bad for you anyway, nothing is healthy in those boxes, they put all that chemical in, just so it tastes better, plus it's a consumer product, they want people to buy those things, so they can make money out of it and also it's easy on your life, but at the same time it doesnt teach a person on how to cook, and rather than cook they just press a button on the microwave. It sucks, cause our future kids only gonna be able to cook microwave food and not learning anything on how to survive with out the microwaves...Back in the days woman did everything, from cooking to cleaning, watching kids and etc.. Now, some people are just lazy to pick up after them selves and cant teach kids on how to survive in life. Not, saying that guys shouldn't do it too, but they gotta contribute some part of the work in the house, cooking and cleaning, and etc.. besides fixing things around the house. Also, not all the women, but some women can put that table together, with out a man. I know it sucks, but there are some girls dont even know how to put a screw driver in the wall, it's a shame what this generation of people come to...sad, it is very sad..
 Arabianangel
Msg: 289
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/14/2009 12:52:24 AM
I've just finished making the tasties salmon rissoles....anyone hungry?
 anunu
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/14/2009 6:46:48 AM
I definitely cook
Just about everyday lunch is at noon and dinner is at six in my house.
I don't mind cooking for someone. It gives me pleasure to see someone enjoy what I have dished out.
In all honesty, I prefer to be the housewife while my hubby goes to work. Cooking, cleaning, taking care of the children.
However, in this day that is not too common anymore. Takes 2 incomes to survive. Means I have to go to work and household duties are shared.
 virgiomonkey
Msg: 291
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/21/2009 2:21:05 PM
....... Well I have agree, I am a very good cook, and taught my young adult Son to cook ,and my Son can cook extremely well,and as surpassed me in the Kitchen department .....Speaking of which do you Modern Western European Woman know what a Kitchen is.......???????
As for young Woman here in New Zealand .....there cooking skills consists of 'Fast Junk Food' and they wonder why they are so fat and obese .....and they think its there 'Equal right' that they shouldn't have too cook, let alone learn to cook....Yep 'Western European Social Engineering Feminism' as achieve a lot........

J.D ....Who can Cook

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??