Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justwant2no
Msg: 26
Do women cook anymore??Page 2 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
I believe anyone who eats, should cook - at least sometimes! And anyone who claims different is not being entirely honest.
I also believe in a division of labor, or sorts. We all have our fortes - I happen to be a great cook. My SO likes to do yardwork - as long as nobody feels opresses, it's all good!
 HotCocoa87
Msg: 27
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:29:14 PM
This thread is awfully general. But I agree with the fact that women and men are not equal. We women have known from the very beginning that men are beneath us and have said nothing - for the most part anyways. It's amusing when you guys sit around, ho-humming, talking of your superiority. LOL
 theforumfiend
Msg: 28
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:34:27 PM
I'll cook if you do the dishes.
 Vannili
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:46:09 PM

Hell I can cook & don't mind &I'll even do dishes.....What I want is a woman who can do my laundry........Any takers?...

The offer is tempting, but no thanks I'll pass,,,,, For, I don't even know where to put the coins and operate the machine in these laundry Salon... I don't do laundry I throw away my dirty clothes and buy new ones..

But when it comes to Bed ,I am good and skilled...........

flowerforce
Msg: 30
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 12:48:07 PM
I know how to cook. I also know how to hire someone to change the oil in my car, fix the roof, mow the lawn etc. So those I have those so called manly jobs covered. I also run a business, clean my house, manage my finances and work in the garden. I have on occasion assembled Ikea furniture but I prefer the Bombay Company which also requires furniture assembly. So if you want a ham sandwich get it yourself and make me one while you are at it. I am too busy
Also let me point out many of the world class chefs are men. So I suggest you learn to cook and quit complaining about women who do not like to cook. Both my brothers are excellent cooks and do all the cooking at their house. By the way I love a man who can cook. It is a great asset for him to have.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 31
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:01:53 PM
Laundry Salon--that sounds so upscale!
What a *brilliant* idea!!
A place to take your laundry AND get your nails or hair done, ooh!! or a bikini wax! AND THEN, make the guy do all the cooking and dishes. I love it.
===========
Isn't it funny how, even in these modern times, men are said to "help" around the house? As if it isn't actually their RESPONSIBILITY as much as yours?
 OutMind
Msg: 32
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:04:49 PM
Yeah women cook, but I preferred mine medium rare.
 HotCocoa87
Msg: 33
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:09:58 PM
Men are generally very lazy people. Which is why so many of them are complaining about having to cook. Eating is basic survival. You need to cook if you're going to eat. My brother knows how to cook and is the one doing most of the cooking in his relationship. Why? Because in my family if you can walk, you can help in the kitchen and when you help, you learn. That's the way I was taught ( I also love the food network) and that's the way he was taught as well. None of this male, female, domestication, nonsense. Even my twelve year old nephew can make things like scrambled eggs, mac and cheese . . . the basics. Why I taught him too.

For a moment, when I read the thread I thought I wasn't living in 2009. Now people are blaming childhood obesity on hard working mothers. Where are the fathers when the children are eating the burgers and fries? I thought they were the head of the house, or at least superior? I would assume they have the power to dictate what their children are being fed by these "responsible" mothers.
 HotCocoa87
Msg: 34
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:12:26 PM
*"irresponsible*
 OutMind
Msg: 35
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:15:45 PM

Now people are blaming childhood obesity on hard working mothers.

It is really laziness. And not only are the parents guilty, so are the schools.
 big pacific
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:28:24 PM
Men are generally very lazy people. Which is why so many of them are complaining about having to cook.

LOL.

No ROFLMAO.

You woke up this morning and put on clothes from a company owned most likely by men, probably designed by gay men,put makeup on(and manufactured by mostly men) , got in your car (invented, designed, built and mantained by mostly men) on a road (built by mostly men) to work (in a building constructed by mostly men), wasting time at work on a computer (again, invented by men) on the internet (again, invented by men, wires ran mostly by men) with electricity (again, harnessed by men and the dam or powerplant most likely constructed by mostly men) so that you can buy stuff at a grocery store (built by mostly men), a mall (again, constructed by men, most companies IN said mall owned by men). Oh yeah, your house was built by a man too.

I COULD go on for ages.
Men are a great many things, but lazy in general? I think not.
 tbuddha
Msg: 37
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:37:59 PM
First of all, I can cook my own food just fine. That said, I would NEVER hook up for the long term with a non-cooking, non-cleaning feminist type.

For those women who think we're the same - we're not. We all need to appreciate our differences. Saying crap like you can do whatever we can is NOT being appreciative or at all intelligent. Like countless other men on here have tried to explain - there are tons of things that you're gonna want us to do because you can't or won't (working on the car, fixing the house, etc.), you need to pull your weight too.

This feminist crap is why so many families fail, because people don't want to act like a family and cherish our gender roles. Go back through the threads and the only real women are in their 40s and up, the new generation of women are happy being mindless, walking vaginas.
 tbuddha
Msg: 38
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:45:59 PM
^^^(up 2 posts) See what I mean about over 40?! I was born 15 years too late to snag a good one!
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 39
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:52:18 PM
That said, I would NEVER hook up for the long term with a non-cooking, non-cleaning feminist type.

I defy you to find a link between cleanliness and feminist leanings. I swear, some people are just so embittered they make these fantasy connections.

the only real women are in their 40s and up

oooh, I see someone has a crush on me!
=========

For a FAMILY to work, each person needs to put in. Not 50/50 on everything, but according to their abilities.

Do you know you just made a feminist statement?! Welcome to the dark side...
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 40
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 1:56:32 PM
I'm anal about my kitchen, it's my domain and things need to be done a certain way...on the rare occassion that I can bring myself to give it up or share it with someone...I often end up taking over completely....I'm not sure where it came from, but I have taken complete ownership and have absolute control in my kitchen...could be some kind of deeply seeded control issues but that's the way I like it...

So yeah, I cook but.....When the cooking becomes expected instead of appreciated....my kitchen closes it's doors....
 tbuddha
Msg: 41
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:00:41 PM
oooh, I see someone has a crush on me!

No, I wasn't referring to you, but you knew that.

I'm not bitter except maybe about all the feminist propaganda I was fed growing up via my mom's TV shows. I ended up dating a lot of the wrong kinds of women. Ones that thought they didn't need me because they can do it all themselves and don't need men for anything. That's why we have so many single moms on here. For a FAMILY to work, each person needs to put in. Not 50/50 on everything, but according to their abilities.

I'm anal about my kitchen, it's my domain and things need to be done a certain way...

Again, a woman from the last generation. Won't see a 20something making the same remark on here!
 tbuddha
Msg: 42
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:11:43 PM

The women I know who are struggling are the ones who work all day, come home, cook and clean all evening, take care of the kids and never get any help from their husbands. They are worn out all the time and often unhappy.

I know some younger woman like that - I can count them on one hand. I won't shy from bashing feminist men either, they're just as bad and maybe worse. If a guy can't take care of his woman when she is taking care of the home and kids all day, she should leave him or stop putting out.
 867love
Msg: 43
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:44:24 PM
Forget the cooking -whats with her sink piled full of dirty dishes?
how hard is it to put them in the dishwasher two feet from the sink?

probibly her way of saying "why dont we just go out for dinner"
(smart girl)

HotCocoa87
Msg: 44
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:44:47 PM
got in your car: I don't drive
to work (in a building constructed by mostly men), wasting time at work on a computer (again, invented by men) on the internet (again, invented : I don't work for any man since I own my own film company.

Men are lazy. You talk of inventions? Did I say that men have not invented? It's a redundant response, yet, I've been nibbling at it. Anyway, these same inventions have been made so that lazy men can do less work. Inventions mean nothing, my dear, when we are discussing the fact that men are lazy. Man turned leisure into tradition. I could go on as well, detailing the history of man's laziness, but I have better things to do.
 barbee1970
Msg: 45
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:47:41 PM
I've been cookin' since I was 10. But sashimiboy, this isn't McDonald's, honey. Make your own ham sammich.

I assembled my own table the other day.
 CancerCrab7677
Msg: 46
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:48:46 PM
I can cook my butt off!!! I work full time and I go home and cook almost every night!!! YOU show me a man who brings home the bacon w/out crying about doing so and I can show you a woman who can stay in the kitchen.. NUFF SAID!
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 47
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:51:35 PM

Hey take that back, there are some woman, yes I am in my 20's who are old-fashioned and like to keep the kitchen to themselves, and cook and bake masterpieces, because it is something they love to do. I loved cooking for my family, and I loved being a wife and still love taking care of my children.

This is true...women do not need be of a certain age to enjoy the many rewarding joys of the kitchen....although I am taking a lil bit of offense of the "old-fashioned" choice of wording...makes me feel, well...old......lol

The kitchen wasn't always MY domain...it happend over many years of spending time in it....took me a very long time to become anal and govern it without absolution...
 jsphn11
Msg: 48
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:28:12 PM
Yes, they do. The ones that enjoy the process, or the ones, who have to in order to feed their children or to keep a strict diet. Otherwise, why bother? If men nowadays expect women to work full time and provide financially, pay on dates, invite men out, etc…in other words, deviate from traditional gender roles, why would women be forcing themselves to slave in the kitchen if they don’t enjoy it? Double standards? Do some men welcome equality only when it saves them money and efforts?

I know a lot of women that would do all that domestic stuff if the men were providing financially.
 DeepLuv09
Msg: 49
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:52:35 PM
I cook twice a week. Anything more than that is a waste of time that I rather spend on POF
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 50
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 3:58:33 PM

Women, would you like to find a man that can do his share of the laundry

Yes....but only if he does it right...

So, why is it so awful to want a woman that can cook?

It's really quite simple...the old "women belong in the kitchen" mentality brings about the problem....makes it sound like we don't belong anywhere else...yanno?...the differnce between appreciating and demanding clears that up for me personally...

I cook twice a week. Anything more than that is a waste of time that I rather spend on POF

^^^ Sooooooooooo true........Frozen lasagna on tonights menu....bon appitito! hahahaha
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??