Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dorkfish77
Msg: 348
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??Page 36 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
This is why relationships go wrong because people end up expecting too much from each other. How the hell did you eat when you were hungry before the relationship?

I understand what you mean because I noticed women seem to be somewhat proud of not cooking, but I'm proud of not working on cars. The deflating monetary system doesn't allow people alot of time to accomplish the things that need to be done because they have to submit their time to labor to support themselves. Being a single guy that doesn't eat fast food or take out, I try to cook. I like eating the healthy food I create but cooking and dishes is a big time consumer.

People need to focus on the bigger picture of life, educate themselves on how the world is run, and come up with a better system that will allow us to free up our time so we won't be arguing over trivial little bullshit like this.
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 349
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/28/2009 10:03:55 AM
I can cook,but I have the fussiest kid in the world,he will smell food and if he doesn't like the smell he won't eat it. I always make him try a bite or two,but he will gag . The other night I made ribs[he likes ribs ] and thought I would make baked mac and cheese with it. He gagged on the mac and cheese and said he was going to the bathroom.To spit it out...I caught him.Because of him being so fussy I don't cook every night.Last night he had a bowl of cereal for dinner.
My ideal would be to find a man to cook with or let him cook and I will do the clean up.I actually got up this morning and made spaghetti sauce ,so I can have steak and spaghetti for dinner tonight.
I am looking for a recipe for buttertarts with shortbread base instead of tart base, to make for Christmas.Don't know if this can be done because I would think the shortbread would bake faster than the buttertart mixture.Anyone?
 tayl0rd
Msg: 350
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/28/2009 8:53:25 PM
^^^
Because heaven forbid you slip and do something nice for your supposed mate!!
 daydreamin_honey
Msg: 351
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/28/2009 10:29:39 PM
Do I cook? Daily. And I enjoy it as well.
I've been "blamed" by many people for making them fat with my cooking, lol.
But i'm not into traditional gender roles, nor do I enforce them on my children. So while I might be happy to make you a sandwich out of the kindness of my heart, i'm certainly not doing it because I don't have dangling genitals.
 ArtilleryMike
Msg: 352
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/28/2009 10:38:15 PM
They do, but I feel it is more in my generation. (I'm 22)

I wouldn't mind doing all the cooking to be honest.
 MsYesterday
Msg: 353
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/29/2009 4:17:09 AM
Hmmmm interesting topic-I only cook if I have to...I simply do not like cooking ...for holidays I can put a great meal together -never enjoyed cooking.
I have met guys who do not know how to put a nail in the wall.......then again,I may lack in the kitchen department but do not have any problems with laying tile on the floor,fixing plumbing,doing drywall etc...........or changing a tire.
Over the years I have profit much more from "fixing things"than staying in the kitchen.
I am a great helper in the kitchen to a great cook.
 sungoddness
Msg: 354
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 11/29/2009 7:12:30 AM
yes i do and i like to but there are times when us girls need a break ! and its 2009 not 1899 ! most chefs are men ! and what really impresses me is when a guy offers to make me dinner!
 gracengracie
Msg: 355
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/6/2009 6:57:46 AM
Going back to OP statement,

I agree with OP, to me it is a shame that women feel proud of proclaiming their ignorance in the kitchen.

Even to have a housekeeper that will cook for you, you need to know so you can tell them what and how to do.

It it is about feminist thinking, its dumb as well, because we need to feel our children and nothing will be better from them than a home made and well balanced meal.

Everyone appreciates a great cook, it doesn't mean that they will be limited to staying in the kitchen, give me a break. Plus it will also help the household finances because eating in is not only healthier but less expensive.

I know how to cook and I am proud to proclaim it if needed. One thing though, my family and friends always compliment me on it. I understand the lady the explains his son has a horrible attitude about her cooking, thats a tough one and I would also get discouraged.
I would start cooking for myself only and let him live on cereal and milk. Probably sooner than later he will be begiing for some of that "YUKY" food he is always putting down.
 Steph0999
Msg: 356
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/13/2009 6:31:32 PM
any other day i would say you are a total sexest pig, but i just tried to assemble a storage bench from IKEA and i failed miserably, but I do make a pretty awesome ham sandwich.

I guess being in a relationship is about being part of a team.
With some couples the girl is really good at putting together ikea stuff and the guy is the cook. Whatever works.
 Starnow
Msg: 357
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/13/2009 7:59:01 PM
sure mature ladys after 40 we still cook because that is the way we been teach...in our families....especially Sud-American ones.....traditional..you know
but my nices....they refuse to go the kichen...they prefer the restaurant every single day....and a funcy ones.trendy ones ...wow....Im sorry for the men they are dating
 From Russia W Love
Msg: 358
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/13/2009 9:30:21 PM
I noticed, that too. Two of my roomates (girls) dont know how to cook. It is a problem, because even in this century, they should know how to cook and not relay on the microwave. All that microwave food is bad for you anyway, nothing is healthy in those boxes, they put all that chemical in, just so it tastes better, plus it's a consumer product, they want people to buy those things, so they can make money out of it and also it's easy on your life, but at the same time it doesnt teach a person on how to cook, and rather than cook they just press a button on the microwave. It sucks, cause our future kids only gonna be able to cook microwave food and not learning anything on how to survive with out the microwaves...Back in the days woman did everything, from cooking to cleaning, watching kids and etc.. Now, some people are just lazy to pick up after them selves and cant teach kids on how to survive in life. Not, saying that guys shouldn't do it too, but they gotta contribute some part of the work in the house, cooking and cleaning, and etc.. besides fixing things around the house. Also, not all the women, but some women can put that table together, with out a man. I know it sucks, but there are some girls dont even know how to put a screw driver in the wall, it's a shame what this generation of people come to...sad, it is very sad..
 ninjaeleven
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/13/2009 9:31:38 PM
They microwave
 From Russia W Love
Msg: 360
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/13/2009 9:32:00 PM
I noticed, that too. Two of my roomates (girls) dont know how to cook. It is a problem, because even in this century, they should know how to cook and not relay on the microwave. All that microwave food is bad for you anyway, nothing is healthy in those boxes, they put all that chemical in, just so it tastes better, plus it's a consumer product, they want people to buy those things, so they can make money out of it and also it's easy on your life, but at the same time it doesnt teach a person on how to cook, and rather than cook they just press a button on the microwave. It sucks, cause our future kids only gonna be able to cook microwave food and not learning anything on how to survive with out the microwaves...Back in the days woman did everything, from cooking to cleaning, watching kids and etc.. Now, some people are just lazy to pick up after them selves and cant teach kids on how to survive in life. Not, saying that guys shouldn't do it too, but they gotta contribute some part of the work in the house, cooking and cleaning, and etc.. besides fixing things around the house. Also, not all the women, but some women can put that table together, with out a man. I know it sucks, but there are some girls dont even know how to put a screw driver in the wall, it's a shame what this generation of people come to...sad, it is very sad..
 CompletelyDone
Msg: 361
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/13/2009 9:49:01 PM

Hot roast beef sammi for lunch with lotsa onjuns :)
My dog and my neighbor' dogs' reap the rewards of the leftovers.

I just learned the hard way recently that onions and garlic are potentially lethal to dogs (along with grapes, coffee, chocolate and certain citrus fruit.) They "injure" the dog by lowering their red blood cell counts and the smaller, more sensitive breeds can actually die from it. It can sicken a larger breed as well.

OT: Yes women still cook... Sheesh!
 Arabianangel
Msg: 362
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/14/2009 12:52:24 AM
I've just finished making the tasties salmon rissoles....anyone hungry?
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 363
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/14/2009 3:39:48 AM
That sound so good!
 anunu
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/14/2009 6:46:48 AM
I definitely cook
Just about everyday lunch is at noon and dinner is at six in my house.
I don't mind cooking for someone. It gives me pleasure to see someone enjoy what I have dished out.
In all honesty, I prefer to be the housewife while my hubby goes to work. Cooking, cleaning, taking care of the children.
However, in this day that is not too common anymore. Takes 2 incomes to survive. Means I have to go to work and household duties are shared.
 virgiomonkey
Msg: 365
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 12/21/2009 2:21:05 PM
....... Well I have agree, I am a very good cook, and taught my young adult Son to cook ,and my Son can cook extremely well,and as surpassed me in the Kitchen department .....Speaking of which do you Modern Western European Woman know what a Kitchen is.......???????
As for young Woman here in New Zealand .....there cooking skills consists of 'Fast Junk Food' and they wonder why they are so fat and obese .....and they think its there 'Equal right' that they shouldn't have too cook, let alone learn to cook....Yep 'Western European Social Engineering Feminism' as achieve a lot........

J.D ....Who can Cook

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??