Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *topchef*
Msg: 76
Do women cook anymore??Page 4 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
I take no shame for my post monkey brains. It is just some folks think throwing meat on a Q identifies them as chefs. Most foodies know better. It is not that great food cant come from a BBQ, it is just that the perparations and accompianments need to equal, if not surpass, what is being grilled. And many captains of the Q, dont know the first thing about preparing the food that goes with the scorched meat.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 77
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 8:37:15 PM
I happen to be an excellent cook, and having owned my own restaurant, as well as worked in and ran several restaurants in my time, I love to cook everything from traditional cuisine to exotic ethnic foods. Desserts are my favorite, they are like art.

No, I don't change my own oil, or fix the sink...I probably could if I wanted, but I don't...and my beloved can do it in a snap!

Beth
 Fifi47
Msg: 78
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 8:45:33 PM
I am a good cook and changed the oil in my SUV this week. ( my male neighbor helped me change the oil) Now that I know how to change the oil in my mid sized American made SUV, and can bake a stellar cheesecake and grill an awesome steak, am I a real woman?
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 79
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 8:48:53 PM

And many captains of the Q, dont know the first thing about preparing the food that goes with the scorched meat.

comprehende'....I get that....but personally intentions and genuine offering far out weigh preparation and accomaniment when it comes to scorched meat....

The question of do women cook anymore is not about culinary expertise...
 howdyFriend
Msg: 80
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 8:52:30 PM
It's over-rated.
 jacintos
Msg: 81
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 9:39:41 PM
First, who the hell said I needed a guy to assemble a table? Gimme a break. It's not freakin rocket science. I've assembled my fair share of furniture and lived to tell the tale. Guess what, I'm not afraid of power tools either! :P

Second, I think EVERYBODY, regardless of gender, should have basic cooking skills. That being said, I like cooking well enough, but I am NOT cooking for some guy just he thinks I should cook for him because I'm the woman. My ideal situation would be trading off with a guy, assuming our schedules allowed both of us to be available in time to prepare dinner. Or hell, cook together. That's more fun anyways.
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 82
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:08:54 PM
I don't know...I'm starting to think I may be somewhat chauvenistic....?...I kinda like it when a man can assemble stuff....and I really like it if he can lube my engine...or carb..or whatever...

I don't cook because I'm a woman...not concsiously anyways.....but perhaps there is some merit to the question of the era in which we are brought up in...I feel no need to explain the exclusive relationship I have with my kitchen and cooking to anyone...much less boast about it.....
 Harry Peter
Msg: 83
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:28:45 PM
Make the table first Op.

Good luck eating any sammiches with a mouth full of shit.
 Harry Peter
Msg: 84
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:32:36 PM
Do men WORK anymore?

I try not to. It's over rated.
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 85
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 10:41:07 PM
Putting together any Ikea furniture sucks rocks.....but...if you have 8 hours to burn on putting together an end table it can be a very bonding and intimate experience..........
 Ependa
Msg: 86
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:06:22 PM
Sweeet! Fire up the grill =)
 Monkey_brains
Msg: 87
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 12:05:03 AM

Don't club a sandwich, club a seal!

OH....you BEAST....!

I like meat too...but not the clubbed little cutie patootie kind....ouch!
 *buzz*
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 3:59:42 AM

We each do certain things better than the other.

and that's why in tandem the journey is more enjoyable, adventurous and brings to life dormant potentials.

As for cooking - nothing beats home-made meal!
 Bookbelle
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 6:14:55 AM
Depends what you call cooking.
I can make risotto... otherwise, if I offer to "cook", it generally means heating stuff up.
 big pacific
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 7:52:40 AM
2 things, haven't you guys seen that billboard for saskatoon restaurant? "Theres Plenty of Room for All of God's Creatures.....Right Next to the Mashed Potatoes"

Classic.

Shouldn't Ikea assembly be a couple thing?

Personally my g/f digs it when we do it together, you know....insert tab A into Slot B
 daynadaze
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 8:48:33 AM
What a dumb sweeping generalization. I'm sure almost all women could put together some kind of meal to not starve, as could almost all men, so what? The real question is, what does it say about all the women who will rush to prove to you that they can cook
 JulietJuliet
Msg: 92
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 9:06:42 AM
I'm not into crappy fake food so yer I cook.
Last Sunday I cooked.....A chicken curry in my slow cooker, then made a pototo and corn flan, then made peanut cookies, followed by chocolate brownies finishing with a lemon cheese cake.....All in one day.
My son takes the left overs to work and was asked this very question.....Does your mum cook?
Wednesday night though is take away pizza night.....I don't cook!!!
 chameleonf
Msg: 93
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 9:11:36 AM
My question is...the majority of the people posting here aren't in any kind of relationship at the moment, much less living with anyone...so who does your cooking for you now and who does those supposed "manly" things? I'm in a non-live in relationship, own a house with a large yard and guess who cooks, cleans, does repairs, yard work, etc. My b/f only will do anything around here after much begging...on his part.
 minako79
Msg: 94
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 2:09:15 PM
lol my cooking skills are a little bit rusty... but with a little practice it'll get better in time... cooking and other household chores should be an equal share of responsibility
 jacintos
Msg: 95
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 3:05:57 PM
What is up with all this women can't mow lawns and such stuff?

Who do you think does it when we're single, the mailman? Seriously, I have no problem whatsoever mowing the lawn or getting dirty or whatever. I might not know all the nuances of fixing a car, but I'm not afraid to learn and do it myself. And I have yet to ask a guy to come move a heavy box. Good grief, my arms aren't broken.

All these assumptions are ridiculous. Some women like to cook, some don't. Some men like to cook, some don't. Same thing can be said for every household chore or task. I don't think someone (of ANY gender) should be made to feel bad just because they don't know how to or don't like to do random task X that they supposedly should do just because of their gender.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 96
Do do ??
Posted: 8/7/2009 4:51:42 PM

Message: I hate to say it Sashimi,but you are cruisin' for a bruisin' with this forum.

the op should change his name to 'doggie bag' cuz methink that's all he be getting if he;s lucking enough!
 *topchef*
Msg: 97
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 5:55:08 PM
Sagman....first of all, I am not an American, so whatever you think is wrong with your country, has nothing to do with me.

I knew that my post would bring out the chest puffing, self-righteous, arrogant animal in you. I expected nothing less, some people are very predictable, completely controlled and driven by their egos.

As for feeling threatened by your hyperbole or anyone else's, that is laughable. A real man has no need to "advertise" his supposed qualities of manliness....their actions and behaviors speak well enough on their own. You have clearly identified the type of man you are for all to see, and the fact that you are oblivious to what you have revealed speaks volumes on your level of sensitivity and awareness.

If you want to keep it real, start with the man in the mirror there Sunshine!!

OH....and for the record....it would have NEVER crossed my mind to even consider hoping you would "lay down" for me. I prefer my men to be more evolved, both on a spiritual and intelligent level.
 HazelRose
Msg: 98
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 8:37:06 PM
I can cook anything, and that's without a microwave. No complaints about my beef Wellington, paprikaschloten, arroz con gondules, and strawberry-banana creme pie! I do everything on my own, and so I never ask for help. I know how to use tools and take care of my little garden. LOL I am fine with a guy who can cook and maintain his own stuff. LOL
 LoriIsLoLo
Msg: 99
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 8:40:14 PM
I absolutely love to cook for my man..when I have one! He can set the table and do the dishes! Just kidding....kinda. I had a bf who did that and seriously I thought that was so very sweet!
 sara_nikki2406
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 8:45:03 PM
Hmmm...I'm sure there are women that cook, but they're out working full-time, and probably don't have as much time to cook as they did back in the 1950's when they stayed home while the man worked. Haha.

I still cook...and work 2 jobs...while raising kids as a single mom. BUT...I can also put that table from IKEA together all by myself. Lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??