Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Step_Princess
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??Page 5 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
The Rock Man I am still laughing I just can not stop laughing oh boy. I do not need directions to boil watter I cook very god and I really like to cook but I don't need man to change oil on my car I just take them every 3 months to mechanic it is cheap less than 30 dollars so why should I make myself dirty for that money?
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 102
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/7/2009 11:42:12 PM

RockMan, I can overhaul a jet aircraft AND make you a dinner you'd never forget. LOL I'm a great cook and love making my man happy.

The Rock doesn't eat Kraft Dinner.........................................
 tbuddha
Msg: 103
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/8/2009 5:05:24 AM

lol so just where exactly are all these men who know how to fix modern cars and do all of the things around the house amidst their regular jobs and family life? i'd luuvvv to find one:)

Let's see, if you go to an auto repair shop, you'll find a bunch of GUYS that can fix cars. There are guys everywhere who know how to fix things around the house.

The reason they can't do it all is because we rarely get any help from women with the domestic stuff. I'm not saying there aren't women who do the housework for their husbands, I'm saying the few that do irrationally think it's unfair and **** about it non stop.
 19justice78
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/8/2009 7:08:09 AM
We don't cook because we refuse to be your slave. Get off your ass and fix your own sandwich. I think your mother would really hate you right now. Besides, why do you think God made restrauants. So I don't have to cook.
 nplink777
Msg: 105
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/8/2009 7:30:36 AM
I would rather cook than change oil or fix the roof, I leave those to the pros. It's more expensive to have it fixed after the fact
 CompletelyDone
Msg: 106
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/8/2009 10:29:35 AM
I'm a wonderful cook and I really enjoy putting a tasty meal on the table BUT, I hafta admit, after 30 years of ALWAYS having to contend with shopping for food, planning meals, making lunches, cooking the food, serving the food, cleaning the kitchen and spending EVERY special occasion in the kitchen, I am quite happy to be relieved of that obligation. When one considers that most of the time, I wasn't even hungry, one can understand why I might have been feeling more than a little bit oppressed, from time to time. Since I was also a career woman who worked a great deal of overtime, there were so many times when constantly having to be concerned with food was nothing more than a pain in the arse.

If women aren't cooking as much anymore, it's because so many of us have realized that the hours are long, the pay is lousy and being stuck in the kitchen can make you fat!!
 Step_Princess
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/8/2009 1:29:52 PM
My dear are you going to the doctor when you are sick? I assume you are going or you are maybe treating yourself without doctor and nurses? It is the same thing my dear for the car and everything other there are people whom job are to do that so you just pay them. I earn enough good money that I don't need to think about oil changing my dear and I am pretty sure that I know to do much more things that one typical man. I am not feminist uncontrary but isn't your fault that you lost any respect in women eyes. Why is like that just ask yourself.
 areyouabletofindme
Msg: 108
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/8/2009 2:28:23 PM
I don't think men and women are completely equal. We each do certain things better than the other. So make me a ham sammich and ill assemble that table we bought at ikea.

sashimiboy How about you make me a ham sandwich on rye. Don't forget the mustard and alfafa sprouts with the dill pickle on the side, and make it a kosher one at that.

I just need to flip the IKEA table over as I already have it assembled.

Oh, I like my sandwich cut into triangles. Snap to it sashimiboy, the dishes will need to be done before you start on dinner.
 spagirl1717
Msg: 109
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/8/2009 8:48:35 PM
Let's say I have tried to cook things. Didn't grow up learning any of that. Just get impatient and really am just not into the whole cooking thing. I've made things, taken a look, maybe a taste and thrown it away. I prefer to display my better qualities and not give anyone food poisioning:) I just like to be upfront about it so it's not expected.
 areyouabletofindme
Msg: 110
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/9/2009 10:13:11 AM
I'd actually welcome the oportunity to cook for/with my guy...

You know we'd wear aprons and all....but the clothing would be optional. I'm sure we could really cook up something hot in the kitchen.
 chatterly
Msg: 111
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/9/2009 1:31:37 PM
I cook. I LOVE to cook and bake. I am always amazed when men are surprised to hear that I cook. I grew up on a farm and needed to help out in the kitchen when my mom worked outside. I enjoyed it then; I enjoy it now.

Cooking and baking is my therapy. Also, it is something I can do for others. I can make a meal or dessert for the family that just brought home a baby, the elderly couple in my church, or the custodians who clean my classroom.

There is a sense of accomplishment when you make a good meal that people appreciate. Even better if there are leftovers for tomorrow.

I will probably die with my spatula in my hand.
 sockknitter
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/9/2009 1:52:12 PM
When I have someone to cook for, I cook excellent meals, homemade bread made fresh daily, homemade cheeses.. Nothing out of a box and I refuse to own a microwave. Many of the ingredients are homegrown and handpicked.

When it is wintertime, I make sure there is always a pot of homemade soup or other things on the woodstove at all times.

When I live alone I hate cooking for myself and don't eat normal meals. Sometimes I cook a large 1 pot meal or large batch of soup and will have that for a couple days, or I 'graze' on salads, fruit, nuts and other things, especially when it is hot out and do not have much of an appetite.

It does drive me crazy when women BRAG they can't cook and recently moving back to the States I have met many who don't cook. I raise an eyebrow at men who can't either, as I feel they ought to be able do do basic meals. Maybe I am a bit of a traditionalist when women say they can't boil water, as statistically they will probably have kids one day and need to feed them nutritious foods, not McDonald's takeout three times a day (and I am specifically thinking of a couple someones I knew who did that to her kids 3x a day for months).

Ideally if I had a significant other, we would often cook in the kitchen together AND do the cleanup afterwards together, as I also tend to hold a full time job, run a farm, as well as do volunteer work outside the home.

My father and mother build their kitchen so many of us could cook in there all at the same time and it was quality fun time as well as learning how to cook.

Many women did not learn to cook from their mothers as they are the generation (or second generation) that their mother's went to work outside the home, so they are the generation who did not grow up learning to clean homes properly, cook meals or can foods. I am mostly self taught myself, but my dad loved to cook and was a bit of a gourmet chef, so I learned from him.

~ Sox
 tallhorseman42
Msg: 113
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/9/2009 2:01:09 PM
i cook quite well thank you and don't really require that a woman cook or do anything for me I do laundry iron my own clothes ,fix my own meals and no gourmet stuff just good simple food that doesn't leave you hungry ten minutes later,i mow grass fix fences and rebuild vehicles so ladies whats your point just because the men you have been involved with expected more than you are willing to give,and whats your contribution to a relationship if you do none of the above?
 digitalfever
Msg: 114
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/9/2009 4:03:23 PM
I can and even enjoy cooking sometimes. But do i jump for joy every time I’m expected to whip a dish up. No.
 beehearnow
Msg: 115
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/9/2009 4:15:02 PM
Yes. And quite well when I feel like it.
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/12/2009 8:48:16 PM
I'm looking for a man that wants to cook for me!
 *topchef*
Msg: 117
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/12/2009 8:54:33 PM
It one of those wine induced discussions girlfriends have on a Friday night, I have admitted that Bobby Flay is the celebrity chef I would most likely "do"....for what its worth. I guess I just like the idea of a "throw down".
 Gemi4Life
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/12/2009 8:54:59 PM

I can and even enjoy cooking sometimes. But do i jump for joy every time I’m expected to whip a dish up. No.

HELL NO!
 SomeBeachSomeOcean
Msg: 119
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/12/2009 9:00:39 PM
I guess people see things differently. I do not expect a woman to cook for me like a servant. ie waiting-on-hand-and-foot. I do however find it a very sexy characteristic. If a woman cooks for me, it is a turn-on. I feel it is a sign of affection for your significant other. I would think that some women find it sexy if a man can fix her broken down car or fix something around her house or even cook for her. Is it sexist?? or a primal instinct like a male is known as a hunter-gather for his family. I say it is a fair question.
I can understand that some woman don't enjoy cooking, especially the ones that sees it as a chore. No one likes chores. But I am sure some people's chores, other peoples way of relaxing, hobbies or joys and possibly their occupation.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/12/2009 9:08:09 PM
Dressed properly? DBB (Diced Brazed and Broiled) has been known to cook with his "Mom Show" apron on. Obviously he is hoping it will get him into "the final four" so he can be a hot, bald TV chef too. Works for me.
 *topchef*
Msg: 121
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/12/2009 9:20:33 PM
Oh yes, GS...Tom is delicious....I think I just have a thing for male chefs, cause I also think Michael Symon should be preparing brunch for me every Sunday, but I might have to fight GS for him as well, considering his buff pate.
 *topchef*
Msg: 122
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/12/2009 9:40:19 PM
^^^^ You are on a role......

Yes, Tom, does he even have eyebrows? Oh, for a chef extraordinaire to enter my *kitchen*!!
 ItsMargo
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/12/2009 9:46:27 PM
So, Alton Brown doesn't do it for you? C'mon he's whacky but intelligent (even if he has too much hair). I do love that Dinner Impossible guy... almost as good as watching a POF trainwreck, only with a better ending.

Perhaps women don't cook anymore because of a Food Network conspiracy?
 whatsallthis
Msg: 124
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/13/2009 3:34:56 AM
The only reason a woman needs to come into the kitchen is to molest me, that is if you aren't starving and don't mind eating later. Breakfast in bed is one thing, candlelit dinner in bed, well...

I suppose I am a hopeless romantic.
 LMB1966
Msg: 125
Do women cook anymore??
Posted: 8/13/2009 7:20:29 AM
I live with my BF who I met o POF, we get up every morning at 5:30 so I can cook him breakfast. His dinner is ready when he walks through the door each evening at 6:00. I bake for him about every other day, either a cake, cookies or some other goody. I love cooking for him and he sure appreciates it and shows me by thanking me for every meal.... I work a full time job and manage to not only cook for him but keep an immaculate home. Maybe the issue is not that women can't cook but that they dont want to for lack of being felt appreciated??
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do women cook anymore??